Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

Recommended Posts

Super excited! After months of hearing about it, the fact that only 2 days are left, the anticipation has been built to the max! And the broadcaster knows it, the last 2-3 days they’ve been slowly leaking out trailers, day by day. Talk about killing us slowly.

As @Desert Panda mentioned what they loved about the novel:

11 minutes ago, Desert Panda said:

female lead's cosplay persona and her computing skills. 

that was my favorite aspect too. Unfortunately, as we’ve not seen any spoilers about her cosplaying, I’m not sure that it will be in the drama. (Unless I’ve totally missed it.?) But if not, I really hope they give her a profession that puts her on the same level as the novel’s character. Otherwise, she’ll just seem like a crazy fan-girl. :sweatingbullets: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i too am excited and counting down by the secs. and i also would love to see the cosplay part too..honestly i never thought Li Xian (altho IMO he should be perfect as Gun) would've taken up such a role, he seemed like the type that would do serious roles more often than a light fluffy story like this one so i find it so weird to see him smile so much in the trailer (puts a smile on my face too). 

Aiyaaa, this wait is killing me :weary:.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm getting way too excited for this drama I love the book and I love Yang Zi in her other dramas Don't know the male lead but he looks good too I found some short previews 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The airing schedule (& a brief summary of each day) is out!!! So sad we’ll only get 1 episode tomorrow though T.T 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gracebkk said:

Seems like they're going to include the cosplaying part!! :D 

 

Yeahhh! lol! You made my night. :lol: Thanks!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how old Han Shang Yan is in the drama? I'm guessing his age is older compared to those in K&K and Tong Nian based on some of ep 1's dialogue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tenten0227 said:

Does anyone know how old Han Shang Yan is in the drama? I'm guessing his age is older compared to those in K&K and Tong Nian based on some of ep 1's dialogue. 

In the book, he's 29 and she's 19 so there's an age gap between the 2.

 

I can totally see the main lead as Gun! However, I didn't imagine the female lead as Tong Nian. Anxiously waiting for Eng subs. It wasn't my favorite of MBFB's books because I found the FL cringey in her pursuit of the ML but I ended up loving it all the same.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 2 prequels to Stewed Squid with Honey which focuses on Dt aka Wu Bai. So I wonder if the casting of someone of Hu Yi Tian's caliber as a support role of Wu Bai mean that the earlier books will have their own adaptations with HYT as the main lead? I personally have not read those books.

Edited by chloevstkawaii
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the first episode raw. Loving it so much that I want episode 2...now! lol 

 

@chloevstkawaii In the link below, this blogger explains that MBFB has made more than one script, and that the character of Hu Yi Tian is a special guest in Go Go Squid. However, this article was written in March 2018, so whether this has changed since then will remain for us to see. Guess we can kind of keep our hopes up. lol.

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/go-go-squid-cast-announcement-for-dt-solo-and-xiao-mi/#more-23781

Edited by Jafstar
Added link
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tenten0227 said:

Does anyone know how old Han Shang Yan is in the drama? I'm guessing his age is older compared to those in K&K and Tong Nian based on some of ep 1's dialogue. 

His birthdate on ID card is 1989 Feb 14, he also mentions he's 30. She's clearly still in uni so I think they kept the age gap, which make sense, since Han Shang Yan's age means he can't be on the team but still fixated on the sport as an investor/manager.

 

1 hour ago, chloevstkawaii said:

There are 2 prequels to Stewed Squid with Honey which focuses on Dt aka Wu Bai. So I wonder if the casting of someone of Hu Yi Tian's caliber as a support role of Wu Bai mean that the earlier books will have their own adaptations with HYT as the main lead? I personally have not read those books.

At 41 episodes, I actually hope they incorporate some of it into this drama, since the novel is only 120k characters. (For comparison, Yangzi's Ashes of Love's novel was 200k characters but the drama had 60 ep, I think at least 20 ep were drama original.) 

 

One was an actual prequel detailing how dt and appledog met and stuff about the old team solo, appledog and gun were in. The other actually crossover with this one in terms of timeline, it starts earlier than this one and ends later than this one, with focus on e-sports side. It shows very different side of gun/Han Shangyan, but it's pretty important to his characterisation, it also tells you where he disappears to sometimes lol.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Just watched the first episode raw. Loving it so much that I want episode 2...now! lol 

 

@chloevstkawaii In the link below, this blogger explains that MBFB has made more than one script, and that the character of Hu Yi Tian is a special guest in Go Go Squid. However, this article was written in March 2018, so whether this has changed since then will remain for us to see. Guess we can kind of keep our hopes up. lol.

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/go-go-squid-cast-announcement-for-dt-solo-and-xiao-mi/#more-23781

Oh thanks for this article link! This makes sense!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skibbies said:

His birthdate on ID card is 1989 Feb 14, he also mentions he's 30. She's clearly still in uni so I think they kept the age gap, which make sense, since Han Shang Yan's age means he can't be on the team but still fixated on the sport as an investor/manager.

 

At 41 episodes, I actually hope they incorporate some of it into this drama, since the novel is only 120k characters. (For comparison, Yangzi's Ashes of Love's novel was 200k characters but the drama had 60 ep, I think at least 20 ep were drama original.) 

 

One was an actual prequel detailing how dt and appledog met and stuff about the old team solo, appledog and gun were in. The other actually crossover with this one in terms of timeline, it starts earlier than this one and ends later than this one, with focus on e-sports side. It shows very different side of gun/Han Shangyan, but it's pretty important to his characterisation, it also tells you where he disappears to sometimes lol.

Do you think it's worth reading the other books? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this drama!

I also just watched the raw and it is soooooooo good! There are definitely elements of the other books in the series that fills the gaps in the story timeline. And based on the trailers and MVs, the author filled in ALOT more of Gun's true feelings and how sweet he is. Lots of cute and sweet moments....but probably a little more angst from the parents?

Li Xian, I think,  is the perfect Gun. The chemistry between Li Xian and Yang Zi is really amazing as well! They're right when they say it's going to be tooth rottenly good.

@chloevstkawaii the other books are very different from Stewed Squid...in that it's not as fluffy and alot more game focused. It does give you more background on Gun that's not covered in Stewed Honey but I think the drama will cover all those pieces based on the first episode. And Dt is really cool in the other books, so if you like him as a character,  it's worth a read.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lululililululu said:

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this drama!

I also just watched the raw and it is soooooooo good! There are definitely elements of the other books in the series that fills the gaps in the story timeline. And based on the trailers and MVs, the author filled in ALOT more of Gun's true feelings and how sweet he is. Lots of cute and sweet moments....but probably a little more angst from the parents?

Li Xian, I think,  is the perfect Gun. The chemistry between Li Xian and Yang Zi is really amazing as well! They're right when they say it's going to be tooth rottenly good.

@chloevstkawaii the other books are very different from Stewed Squid...in that it's not as fluffy and alot more game focused. It does give you more background on Gun that's not covered in Stewed Honey but I think the drama will cover all those pieces based on the first episode. And Dt is really cool in the other books, so if you like him as a character,  it's worth a read.

Thank you! This was why I wasn't originally interested in the other books because from what I've heard, they were more game-focused and not fluffy like Stewed Squid. It does sound like the drama is going to incorporate parts of the prequels into this so I'll just wait to watch it. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...