Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

16 hours ago, Lululililululu said:

And, there's a reason Dt is always gone in the drama - Tempest Chamber covers that part of the story :)

@Lululililululu Mind spoiling for those who hasn't read Tempest Chambers? 

12 minutes ago, littlemay said:

As for ep 11 and 12, it was interesting that they added parts related to Solo's personal life.. Mo Bao Fei Bao Books didn't really cover this. I always felt it was a mystery about Solo, Su Cheng and Daughter.  I never has a good opinion about Su Cheng. I blamed her, but in the drama, I'm starting to feel sorry for her. Really want to know why she's with HSY in K&K.

I really hope they expand on this too. I remember the K&K members mentioning that Su Cheng is married (that HSY doesn't recruit female players and even hired a married woman to be a manager). So it took me by surprise when Su Cheng blamed herself for the team falling apart and we find out that she's the mother of Solo's daughter. The weird thing is that when HSY, Su Cheng, Solo and Appledog are in the same room together, you never get any hint that Solo and Su Cheng have a child together.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

I really hope they expand on this too. I remember the K&K members mentioning that Su Cheng is married (that HSY doesn't recruit female players and even hired a married woman to be a manager). So it took me by surprise when Su Cheng blamed herself for the team falling apart and we find out that she's the mother of Solo's daughter. The weird thing is that when HSY, Su Cheng, Solo and Appledog are in the same room together, you never get any hint that Solo and Su Cheng have a child together.

Geez, i didn't know Su Cheng is married!

1 hour ago, littlemay said:

Geez, i didn't know Su Cheng is married!

Yeah, I remember them saying she is. There was a scene where I think HSY asked her if she wanted him to bring something back for her husband? And then the English lessons, where HSY said (indicating to the instructor) something along the line of is it because he is more handsome than her husband. I can't remember exactly. I've watched Ep 11 raw just now and so this whole time, the daughter has been with Solo? And she has a hearing disability? I can't wait for the subs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littlemay said:

As for ep 11 and 12, it was interesting that they added parts related to Solo's personal life.. Mo Bao Fei Bao Books didn't really cover this. I always felt it was a mystery about Solo, Su Cheng and Daughter.  I never has a good opinion about Su Cheng. I blamed her, but in the drama, I'm starting to feel sorry for her. Really want to know why she's with HSY in K&K.

She covered parts of it in the other books since it was vital setup for team breakup and reconciling, as it is here. (It's not in the Stewed Squid because it's covered by the other book and because it didn't really concern Tong Nian) Like you, I always felt Su Cheng wasn't particularly well handled in the books because you never get her side of the story, and she + her daughter was like a mcguffin that just moved the plot along.

@chloevstkawaii You see her husband in episode 10, it's Gun's business partner, Navi. As for the daughter, novel spoilers:

Spoiler

Solo announced very suddenly that he's going to take care of his daughter, which was what broke the team up. He didn't discuss it with appledog, they were both very young (19 and 15 I think, though the drama have age them up few years) and it was mishandled, appledog couldn't handle it and quit the team.

Su Cheng was with Solo before appledog got together with Solo, then she had a baby and suddenly decide to dump her with Solo, for reasons that was never quite clear.

Drama-wise, he suddenly quit the team because of his daughter too. Remember Tong Nian heard one of the rumour for team breakup (around ep 5? she got it from her friend's husband) was Solo had a daughter and had a falling out with appledog.

Out of curiousity, I checked for corresponding chapters, the Norway bit is Tempest Chambers' chapter 21 to 30 out of 63. (It mostly pulled bits and pieces here and there), Stewed Squid's chapter 21 out of 49 (it just skipped half a month LOL). Curious how they are going to pace the remaining 3/4 of the show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@skibbies Ah, thanks! I watched them without subs from 9-12 so I had no idea. I was also thinking that the pacing moved quickly in the drama already so I wonder what would happening in the next 30 or so episodes.

1 hour ago, chloevstkawaii said:

Yeah, I remember them saying she is. There was a scene where I think HSY asked her if she wanted him to bring something back for her husband? And then the English lessons, where HSY said (indicating to the instructor) something along the line of is it because he is more handsome than her husband. I can't remember exactly. I've watched Ep 11 raw just now and so this whole time, the daughter has been with Solo? And she has a hearing disability? I can't wait for the subs.

Thank you, I'm not good with Mandarin so i missed important facts. Going to watch all the episodes with Eng sub!

But you are right, book did mention Navi is her husband! i forgot that part.

Does anyone have the translations for the plot points each day based on the viewing calendar:006TQichly1g4sop5fxfbj30u01r01ky.jpg

Much appreciated!!

Next Generation Male God. lol....Li Xian's popularity is rising rapidly. WOW. So happy for him. I'm re-watching Tientsin Mystic just to kill time until the next day to watch Go Go Squid. Considering his other work, he has some of the best expressions I have seen in a Chinese actor. Plus his roles are so different from each other. 

https://38jiejie.com/2019/07/13/why-are-fan-girls-fawning-over-li-xian-the-male-lead-in-c-drama-go-go-squid/

• Like 1

I enjoyed watchin' this so far. A reversal of sorts with the male lead. He used to play second male lead roles, he gets the lead for a change. While Hu Yi Tian, from lead to supporting role. There's been a rise of gaming related c-dramas lately.  

Let me summarize:

Solo had a daughter with Sucheng out of wedlock. They broke up. Solo then got together (knowing SC was with child??) with Appledog who found out about his past, then they broke up. She left the team. Solo left the team. Gun left the team.

This is the reason why Gun has always been sensitive to the priorities between friendship and love; he seems to place an unusually high emphasis on friendship and perhaps why he has never been in a relationship. Principled.

Sucheng went on and married Navi. Not sure how Gun and Navi became partners but Sucheng working for Gun likely is related to allegiance to hubby and some level of dislike for Solo. 

At the moment, Solo seems like a cad. I would dislike him too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Teedee573 said:

Does anyone have the translations for the plot points each day based on the viewing calendar:

Much appreciated!!

I could try but I can barely see the words. :bawling:

A higher res?

i would like to know too.

Tong Nian's drunken scene is so adorable. Poor Han Shang Yun is totally being taken advantage of.

I will enjoy their amateurish attempts at courtship. Looking at Hang Shang Yun, he is so clueless. Probably any reference/advice is from the young members of his club 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

does anyone know what blueberry’s role here is? is she Tong Nian’s manager? or a fellow singer?

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

does anyone know what blueberry’s role here is? is she Tong Nian’s manager? or a fellow singer?

Blueberry is a fellow singer and her good friend. In the book, she wanted Blueberry to go with her to see the eSports competition and Blueberry tells her that she can't go with her because she has to do the closing performance.

• Like 2