[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they air two episodes everyday? Thankful they air everyday but its just weird to not wait for it to air because i don't normally watch Chinese dramas LOL I have been watching this drama without subs and relying on those who caption their scenes on twitter or instagram to understand what is going. lol

I'm still on ep 3 since I'm watching it with my brother. In ep 2, I noticed they played songs (with lyrics no less) four times, I think it fits, and I'm glad cdramas are using insert songs more since it makes a more memorable experience, I found 4 a little excessive though. I do like the Beyond cover (the song near the end of ep 1) they played, I wish it was the Cantonese original rather than a Mandarin cover, but either way I still like it a lot, since it fits Team Solo pretty well. Also goddamn that is such a nostalgic song.

With Li Xian, I didn't expect him as Gun, I'm not sure what I expected but he wasn't it. In ep 2, I also think his diction? or something with delivery of the speech (for the past 2 years and 3 months speech) wasn't what I expected either. I quite like that speech in the book and I didn't get the same feeling from the drama. But I do think he got resigned across pretty well, probably restrained anger too but I felt that lot less. Aside from that, I think his characterisation have been pretty good. He's grumpy and standoffish is just how Han Shangyan is.

Yang Zi's performance is fine for me too, and I look foward to MBFB developing her character more in the drama. I don't think it's her fault that she's somewhat typecast, and besides this was filmed before Ashes of Love aired, these dramas are exactly the kind she needed to attract fans. Oh wait I guess she played young and naive in Ode to Joy too, idk I liked her alright in all of them, even when she did annoying things in Ode to Joy.

As for douban's 6.7 rating, mhmm, I think it's partially due to the controversial taiwanese director + sneaky director switching, mix in with maybe some Yang Zi antis that she gathered from Ashes of Love being so popular. It's also pretty basic fluff drama setup, there's plenty to dislike from the beginning. I do think the drama have done well recreating and improving on the book, if it keeps up, it should have no problem climbing up to 7 or 7.5+, which is pretty good for cdramas.

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

based on the schedule you should have 2 episodes tomorrow :)  and only 1 episode for Saturday, the rest of the day you will have 2 episodes till they finish airing all 41 episodes on July/31 :) 

@skibbies yeah I know what you mean about Gun's speech/retirement announcement.  During my first watch it was very strange and somehow doesn't fit.  But after watching it like 10 times (sorry I'm just obsessed with this drama at this point), I got used to it and can start feeling the disappointment and betrayal he felt cuz of Solo. It's like he's given up.  

@Nina Bina someone followed Li Xian's weibo followers numbers and since the drama aired he already gained like 900k followers.  He's definitely getting a lot of buzz for this role.  :)

900k?! WOW. Huge #! I'm very happy for him! I'm glad he is getting more recognition for his work, although I think Tientsin Mystic and Medical Examiner Qin is more up my alley. LOL I literally youtubed and googled him all day the other day to see what else he's been in and I feel like he's as mysterious as Han Shangyan off-screen. There isn't much on him at all but that's a good thing for an actor. I'm still very confused why HSY hates his friend so I can't wait until they reconcile. It looks pretty sad according to Li Xian's MV where his friend screams I'm Sorry in the tub and he's also crying. Something very big must have happened and I'm curious as heck about it. lol

4 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

900k?! WOW. Huge #! I'm very happy for him! I'm glad he is getting more recognition for his work, although I think Tientsin Mystic and Medical Examiner Qin is more up my alley. LOL I literally youtubed and googled him all day the other day to see what else he's been in and I feel like he's as mysterious as Han Shangyan off-screen. There isn't much on him at all but that's a good thing for an actor. I'm still very confused why HSY hates his friend so I can't wait until they reconcile. It looks pretty sad according to Li Xian's MV where his friend screams I'm Sorry in the tub and he's also crying. Something very big must have happened and I'm curious as heck about it. lol

Li Xian's next drama is "Sword Dynasty", which looks really awesome. He's lead along with Li YiTong. I love wuxia! Here's the trailer:

As for the conflict with Solo, it was discussed by the K&K boys in episode 5 (around 36:30) - not sure if there is anything else besides that, so I'm looking forward to future episodes as well.

LOL I am liking these two so much behind the scenes. Yang Zi is like a ball of energy and she seems to bring out Li Xian's goofiness too. @Lululililululu Thanks for posting about his next drama! Will have to put that on my list. I'll have to get use to his hair. lol

7 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

I think LiXian is indeed enjoying a surge of popularity right now. I went to the weibo main site and when I clicked the search bar, I kid you not, I saw the words 李現黑色衣服 (LiXian Black Apparel) which were marked as newly searched keywords in weibo. This is probaby referring to his character’s all black look in the drama. Maybe weibo knows that I’ve been snooping in the internet for LiXian info for a while now :P

Just watched 9-10 and they played a slower version of Li Xian's song in episode 10 and its gets even better!! He has a good voice. I hope they release it soon. I want to listen to it without any scene interruption lol Excited for tomorrow's episodes. I don't particularly like drunk scenes in dramas but it looks pretty funny based on instagram lol btw, don't know if its just me but I like Han Shangyan when he's really pissed off because Li Xian's angry expression is firing hot. LOL

31 minutes ago, littlemay said:

is it me or do you feel there is no chemistry between DT and Appledog? Please don't get upset. It just my thoughts on this couple.

honestly, me too. is it because it's not that developed yet? or because it's new? i don't know.. but for now, it just seems like a one sided thing (like i think i would actually be shocked if they get together later on because i can't see sparks flying unlike TN & HSY).

29 minutes ago, littlemay said:

is it me or do you feel there is no chemistry between DT and Appledog? Please don't get upset. It just my thoughts on this couple.

Ikr, i felt the same..i think the actress who played Appledog is too old for him, i never read the novel so am not certain what's the age difference between them.. tbh, i felt whenever DT looked at TY, he seemed to like her or maybe had a crush on her more than when he looked at Appledog but maybe that's just me.

I don't think Appledog had any chemistry with either DT or Solo...she's just kind of there...but i have to say...now don't be upset because i thought she had more chemistry with Han Shangyan then anyone LOL In the latest flashback, I swear I thought HSY liked her but didn't want to get in the way of her and Solo...

This is what happens when you cant understand mandarin and have to rely on face expressions. LOL

Archived