[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

17 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Well, there was a shouting exchange actually it was just NSJ who was shouting at AOJ that if CMS is the mother of Gisung then YH is the daughter of Gisung.... and AOJ sarcastically answered that he heard that CMS had called the bar to lift JY's suspension which irritated NSJ more hah!! I don't like AOJ but that was one time I cheered for his answer at NSJ..... but then it made think about her statement that YH is the daughter of Gisung maybe YH could possibly be the daughter of the old judge??? who knows 

As interesting as I think YH being the daughter of CBH is, I'm not sure NSJ would hold such a trump card and not use it. This is a woman who craves attention and likes to think she's more important than she actually is. Just look at the hissy fit she had after kicking JY's mom out of the room with AOJ and CMS only to be kicked out herself (hilarious btw). 

And does this woman have any other setting than shouty and snippy? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 hours ago, kjoy said:

Y'know whether the romance is necessary or not, I personally appreciate it.The BSP/HJY pairing is one that I can fully get behind. There's such great understanding between them, tenderness, protectiveness (from both of them) trust, love and no naivety (which I definitely like). Plus they get to experience love without losing the essence of who they are as individuals or losing focus of what their goal is. And they get to experience this without being the main focus. I also believe these are two characters who deserve love after what they've been through. 

6 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

I think what's so great about the romance here is that it's not a focal point here, but does help drive the story without overdoing it. Their scenes are sweet & you can feel the love between them, but you're able to appreciate everything alongside it. 

Agree with you both.Let me also quote(and paraphrased in some bits) what was said some time back:

The two falling in love seemed inevitable, because of their mutual physical attraction and intertwined past as well as the empathy of losing a parent so tragically at a young age(some who are panning the drama are raising eyebrows because they cant fathom how you can build a relationship from that kind of foundation. I also think the issue is kdrama has conditioned audiences to start from emotional connection then getting physical when it ..what happen in this drama is viceversa. But someone mentioned earlier, this is a male writer, his perception of romance wont be the same as a female writer.We have seen the manifestation of that in this drama.The feeling is different but refreshing in my opinion).

I genuinely love how these two went about from friends to lovers without awkwardness. I love Jae Yi for not acting like some shy, blushing co-ed, but a confident woman who makes her own choices without regret. I love it when the couple are bold in facing up to their love and have no qualms looking at each other in the eye, and telling and acting it as it is. No coyness, no high-school-ish avoiding of gazes, no unnecessary skirting around the edges.No OTT lovey-dovey gestures, every time their date scenes come on, its really just two people enjoying time together amid challenging circumstances, and who connect seamlessly in their jobs and out of it.The chemistry is sweet and spicy, with Lee Jun Ki and Seo Ye Ji keeping it relateable and mature, with tons of loaded gazes instead of orchestrated, sugary sweet gestures. This is the kind of romance I can totally subscribe to.

credit:https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/27/love-is-part-of-the-game/

Another point for Jae Yi(dubbed the "proactive and assertive queen") in this matter.Just for context..the conversation started with her asking him if he was a member of DW gang.This is just the extract:

part 1

tumblr_pa4ucvOx2Z1wt69lgo2_400.giftumblr_pa4ucvOx2Z1wt69lgo3_400.gif

part 2(yes..claim him girl:D)

tumblr_pa4ucvOx2Z1wt69lgo4_400.gif

tumblr_pa4ucvOx2Z1wt69lgo5_400.gif

Part 3

The VERY appropriate reaction to a cute confession:

If I was Sang Pil I would do the same:wub:.Heaven help us if he wasnt in a wheel chair, chained with those cuffs and not in public:ph34r: .I have a feeling he would have done more than that:D:

tumblr_pa4ucvOx2Z1wt69lgo6_400.gif

@violina Since he asked if all she was is his lawyer she could've gone with 'I'm your woman' but instead she chose to go with 'you're my man.' A proactive and assertive queen indeed :wub:

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zenya22 @40somethingahjumma @triplem @sava2sava @antoniaclamens @NoonaE

The two comments have something in common. They criticize how ridiculous the trial is and indirectly implies that the writer should have done a better work. However, since I have a totally different approach (I am a History teacher), the trial didn't bother me at all. For me, we should see Kiseong as a city under a dictatorship hence trials where innocent people are killed by the law always look ridiculous. Let me give an example. When Stalin was ruling over the Sowjetunion, there is a period called the Great Terror (1936-1938). From 1936 onwards, a series of major trials indicted most of the country's political, economic and military leaders: half of the members of the Party's political bureau were thus arrested, convicted and shot. In 2 years, 1.5 million of people are convicted and sent to goulags and more than 650.000 executed. When you read the protocols of such trials, you will be shocked how ridiculous the interrogation was conducted, what kind of evidence was used against the accused. Let give one example: Zelenski who was in charge of agricultural cooperation is accused of sabotage. When the prosecutor interrogates him, he always repeats exactly what the prosecutor says with his "questions".

As you can read, this is really ridiculous. Someone was even condemned for sabotage due to rotten eggs!! The accused just repeats because he has been tortured before. 

But these trials were not closed to the public. What you read above, comes from a public interrogation of the third trial in MoscowPeople could come and hear everything. And do you think that the public questioned the authenticity of such trials? No, not really... These trials were often mentioned in the news and the persons were already convicted by the public through the news!! And that's what is exactly happening in Kiseong. The news are reporting that BSP was caught red-handed at the crime scene hence people are manipulated to believe that BSP is the killer. This explains why we are shown the news in the background. So in the source above, people witnessed his confession which reinforced their belief that the accused had done something wrong. 

CMS is a dictator and as such, she gives the image of a good mother. Stalin's nickname was indeed "The little father of the people". Yet he is responsible for the death of many people. Here we have CMS being called Mother Theresa. Stalin purged the party in order to maintain his position that's why there was this Great terror. He was scared that someone would become powerful. Notice that this is exactly CMS is doing. She makes sure that no one tries to steal the power from her. Striking is that just like in the Sowjetunion where the number of Politburo plenary sessions decreased so much under Stalin (1936: 9 / 1939: 2) indicating that his power increased so much, we hear from AOJ that the meetings of  Club 7 are less and less.  We have the same evolution, CMS is getting more and more power. Don't forget that she wants to surpass her father. She is a dangerous manipulator, a really ruthless and cunning person. So in my opinion, she is well aware of NSJ's true intention therefore I have the feeling that she will get rid of NSJ at some point. 

I love history but i'm not as versed as i want to be... so thank you very much for the info. love your POV about the trial... of course i'm not korean law versed and i don't know much about trials in korea or any part of the world (my only (mis)education comes from movies and novels) but i think law is not the main focus here. So i'm ok with what's shown so far

16 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Episode 10 great episode. It is very interesting how AOJ slowly made his deductions that he had been axed from his dog position and how he pro-actively sought to protect himself by allying with the enemy who hates him. AOJ is a dog who was raised by the old judge and AOJ has finally discerned the difference between the old judge, (father) and the new judge, CMS the daughter and the difference between CDW and his second. He was in the car remembering what BSP said when he visited him in prison that CMS told JY, his lawyer, to get BSP out of prison. AOJ thought that CMS was happy he killed DW and framed his nephew as the killer. He remembered CMS throwing a glass of wine at him and telling him that he is to bark when she tells him to. He realizes that CMS has gotten herself a new dog and he was now dispensable. It dawned on him then that someone was ordered to stab SP while he was in prison. His driver commented that DW’s 2nd and gang thinks that BSP killed DW. That is when AOJ realized who the new dog could be and said, “the thugs today are not the same as the old thugs of before”. He might have been talking about the old judge, (CMS father), CDW and himself. The old judge grew up during the years of struggle of his country through world war 2, the division of Korea between North and South and through the dictatorships as the country established the Republic. He may have worked hard to become a judge, and then went through hardships to establish his own turf and become its leader. He did not just inherit his turf he made it. He recognized the worth of his people, he went to eat at that humble place served by the owner who pasted his picture on the wall and with his people, like AOJ. He knew how to engender loyalty from his people by little gestures as eating with them. CDW may also have been the same when he built his own organization. CMS on the other hand grew up in luxury and inherited what his father built and has the mindset of entitlement, “I am the mother/queen of Gisung, your leader to obey.” Her way was intimidation and she did not have the skills of her father to stir loyalty from the followers. The second of DW also thinks the same that he is entitled to inherit the organization and all its assets that DW worked hard to establish. He may not necessarily believe that SP killed his uncle, but it was an excuse conveniently handed to him by no other than the enemy, AOJ. DW’s second is a Judas betraying his master for the ownership of his turf. What he may not have known is, DW never intended for his nephew to become like himself. I even wonder if in honor of his nephew and sister, he may have donated a bulk of his wealth to charities. Now, because of the second’s actions, BSP is forced to become involved with his uncle’s organization. In the preview, he said he was sorry that he will not keep his promise to his uncle.

Good analysis of AOJ, so you think BSP will he was sorry to his uncle not because he was going to keep his revenge plan, but because he will actively get involved in uncle's gang?

13 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

Ahh, yes i realized that at the end when AOH realized it too..

this woman is the most cunning and manipulative woman ever. but she's very smart tho. DAMN. 

Yes she's so smart... to think she planned everything from start... she fooled AOJ and us! (well at least me)

10 hours ago, violina said:

Then the scene after all that sweet stuff..

In the end.. true to her character...releases her right hook:D and strikes.

Lovely gifs... thank you but i need more!

7 hours ago, kjoy said:

I have to say I loved the fight sequence of BSP and AOJ. I think PD KJM took inspiration from Oldboy. It was very reminiscent of a very popular scene from that movie. Great movie btw. 

I haven't seen Oldboy, but i LOOOOOOVEEEEEEE this scene so much. it was awesome. from BSP kicking asses to AOJ and his bat. The elevator scene is the best and when they punch each other? priceless

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am generally fine with the romance and it seems to be surprisingly robust mostly due to the strength of SP's commitment. But the husband tells me he doesn't find it really convincing. It wasn't needed, so he says. He may be right but it's a K drama, I tell him and they usually find a way of making it needed. Anyway, that's him. :wink:

Husband is a man after all... men never see the point of romance (in my humble experience at least). Of course I love romance, and i think the way it's handled in this drama is one of it's highlights (in fact i can't chose between fight scenes or romance)

1 hour ago, violina said:

Agree with you both.Let me also quote(and paraphrased in some bits) what was said some time back:

Another point for Jae Yi(dubbed the "proactive and assertive queen") in this matter.Just for context..the conversation started with her asking him if he was a member of DW gang.This is just the extract:

If I was Sang Pil I would do the same:wub:.Heaven help us if he wasnt in a wheel chair, chained with those cuffs and not in public:ph34r: .I have a feeling he would have done more than that:D:

OK. JY got to say what i would love (and many fangirls like me) would love to say... i like her so much, she's s upfront with SP. she knows what she wants and is not afraid to say it. And I love love love the way he looks at her and kisses her hand (Swoons)

BTW i think it's funny how prosecutor girl (always forget her name) always figures out BSP (while JY doesn't) like when he stole the hitman mobile or now that he stabbed himself

And i love love love my gang. but now i have a wish: to see JY doing the muvengers pose besides BSP and the rest of the gang (all the gang i don't want anyone else death or as a betrayer)

One of my many wishes were granted though, episode 9 & 10 fight scenes BTS by Lee Joon Gi, please go like and share

http://www.vlive.tv/video/75280

English subbed, thanks to an angel

My BSP beauty parade here:

14 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

BTW i think it's funny how prosecutor girl (always forget her name) always figures out BSP (while JY doesn't) like when he stole the hitman mobile or now that he stabbed himself

I think it has more to do with YH wanting to see the worst in BSP and JY wanting to see the best in him. 

And along with being the 'proactive and assertive queen' she's also the 'give me evidence queen'. They can't just say he did something without proof :lol:

Wow tensions are getting high now that the dog is biting the hand that fed him. Looks like AOJ realized why CMS supported him being mayor in the first place. I still don’t understand though..he says ‘to cut off my hands and feet.’ So was the whole ploy of making him mayor so that she could take all his money, throw him in jail and then replace him as mayor herself?

so it looks like AOJ and CMS will be against each other first while mom and YH trying to take over AOJ and somehow also go more ‘above’ CMS too. Can’t wait for them to be brought down to reality as well. What do you guys think the revenge will be? I need more than just SP being released and then CMS imprisoned. Give me mayhem lawless style!!!

I actually think CMS bring imprisoned is the best punishment for her. Her big thing even with CJA was being taken down in her father's court so being proven guilty in that same court would be a big blow for her. Death, as they say, is too good for her. Although I can see her wanting death than being imprisoned. She's just arrogant enough to choose suicide over imprisonment, though I'm not sure the show would ever go there. 

3 hours ago, kjoy said:
3 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I think it has more to do with YH wanting to see the worst in BSP and JY wanting to see the best in him. 

And along with being the 'proactive and assertive queen' she's also the 'give me evidence queen'. They can't just say he did something without proof :lol:

Ah that scene..she was already behaving like a mama bear or was it really her lawyer instinct.Even bong pil said, "Who knew that one day you’d come to my defence"(turns out he really stole the phone:D)

tumblr_p9gwokCGf31t2b7cuo7_400.gif

it was kind of a foreshadow when I think of it, the day really came when she has to defend him for everything that went down last weekend:(.

I agree she really is "miss give me evidence" queen

tumblr_p94uaxtm341r3hugwo9_400.giftumblr_p94wy31P7d1r3hugwo1_400.gif

19 hours ago, kjoy said:

I have more to say but for right now, NSJ is such an annoying toad :expressionless:

17 hours ago, RobinM said:

Can you believe someone made a baby with her? Blech.

17 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

I second third fourth fifth that. There's nothing I can find appealing in her character, she doesn't have the same affect to me as the others. 

@kjoy @RobinM  Yes I believe it if the child was born from CMS dad.. @LavelyShai  Yes her characters don't even have the effects as the lawless gang who adds  a bit of comic relief to the drama.. The annoying character she's playing is a women who is veying for power and the attention of CMS.. She wants to be the number 1 in CMS books and AOJ has pointed it out to her since he has taken up the mayors position she's below him now to mind her manners coming to his office and the way she talks to him.. As she ran to CMS office begging to protect her daughter from AOJ (meaning don't try and pair them together) She was also in a way asking CMS to chestise AOJ for the way he treats her and to remind him that she still above him which she never was.. AOJ was always CMS loyal dog until the owner has kick her dog one time to many when she told the thugs to kill them both.. She should know AOJ has figuerd out her next move and he has one up her by going into the court room being a witness for BSP innocent.. She will have to throw all this circumstainal evidence out of court now..  I'm wondering what offer she made to DW right hand man..

I have to say NSJ is just as dumb as they come even if CMS do take up and higher office NSJ is also at the top of her hit list becaue she's the link to the money laundering under those orphans name.. 

8 hours ago, kjoy said:

I actually think CMS bring imprisoned is the best punishment for her. Her big thing even with CJA was being taken down in her father's court so being proven guilty in that same court would be a big blow for her. Death, as they say, is too good for her. Although I can see her wanting death than being imprisoned. She's just arrogant enough to choose suicide over imprisonment, though I'm not sure the show would ever go there. 

@kjoy  Yes death is to good for her but she's the type not to take to abiding by the rules to well or the law as she was the punisher herself she won't stand to be judge or have her and daddy dearest to be judged so my guest she'll kill herself when her come to jesus moment comes.. She'll forget the simplist thing even in death you can still be judged and sentence.. (This is the key point for her)

On 6/11/2018 at 11:18 PM, philosophie said:

Wow tensions are getting high now that the dog is biting the hand that fed him. Looks like AOJ realized why CMS supported him being mayor in the first place. I still don’t understand though..he says ‘to cut off my hands and feet.’ So was the whole ploy of making him mayor so that she could take all his money, throw him in jail and then replace him as mayor herself?

There was a plan to put the money from OJ Group in a trust fund and hire someone to replace AOJ to manage the Group once AOJ becomes mayor because he can’t occupy a corporate office once he becomes mayor but once he agreed to become mayor CMS changed the plan and ordered AOJ to donate the funds to her father's foundation. AOJ was very hesitant to answer but grudgingly consented anyway. But, he has not done it yet even though he is now mayor. Whenever CMS asked if he made the donation of the funds to her father's foundation, AOJ gives BSP as the excuse, that he needs to take care of BSP first and because of that he has not gotten a replacement to manage OJ group and unable to make the donation. That is making CMS antsy. Not only is AOJ the mayor of Gisung but he still holds the money of OJ group. CMS has ambitious plans it seems, whether to enter politics or be appointed to the higher courts of the land. She needs to do it the Gisung way like her father before her, and she needs grease money which OJ holds. Not only is OJ making his own decisions regarding BSP but he is withholding the funds from CMS and he is the mayor. So, she allies with DW’s second who found it very convenient to turn his back on BSP with the excuse handed to him by AOJ and the corrupt justice system of Gisung that BSP killed his uncle for his inheritance. It has not been revealed exactly the details of the deal that the 2nd made with CMS. It could be that he will have a percentage of AOJ’s money and absorb his people. What CMS cannot fathom because of her grandiose ego is that the second has no reason to be loyal to her. AOJ has served and been cared for by the old judge and because of that owes some loyalty to the daughter but DW’s second does not. For him whatever deal he made or makes with CMS is a thug business deal and nothing else. Once the deal is done, he can just ditch CMS just like AOJ is doing. CMS is a pretentious snob who believes her social status defines her worth and that she is above all and that makes her blind to the fact that people do not owe her loyalty because of who she thinks she is. Loyalties in club 7 are already breaking. AOJ says that CMS does not attend many of the Club 7 meetings anymore. Is CMS is trying to make her own Club 7 with new members not relying on her father’s Club 7 dogs? I think it is way too late for that. Besides, her attitude does not inspire loyalty even in a dog.

It may not be very easy for DW’s second to claim the #1 spot in DW’s organization because there may be those in the organization who see BSP as the heir because of his relationship to DW. They may not agree with the second’s belief that BSP murdered his uncle especially when AOJ whom they may know as the head of a rival gang in Gisung and now became Mayor claim the innocence of BSP. The second’s intentions will be questioned as it was too easy for him to believe and accuse BSP of murdering his uncle. Tae Gwang became the bodyguard and manager of BSP who also reports to DW and may be in touch with the other members of the gang. DW also sought legal help for families or friends of the gang members from BSP as in the first episodes where BSP helped the accountant because his uncle requested it. Those will be loyal to BSP and not blindly believe he murdered his uncle. Unless it is part of the plan that second pretends to make a deal with CMS to infiltrate OJ group and the Club 7. However, when second revealed to CMS that DW went to Gisung to meet a Korean woman who immigrated to Thailand but now is back in Gisung, makes me doubtful of his intentions. That he is not doing it to help BSP but destroy him, so he can inherit the organization and its wealth. BSP maybe, suspicious as well  and he has no choice but to involve the gang because they already involved themselves in his business. So, I think the revenge would be to reveal through the legal system the immorality of the "rulers" of Gisung especially Judge Cha, imprisonment of the murderers of the mother and uncle of BSP. I hope JY's mom involvement will not put her in direct confrontation with AOJ or NSJ. 

AOJ was the one who made CMS aware of the identity of BSP. AOJ told CMS that BSP is the son of the lawyer CMS was very fond of 18 years ago, Choi Jin Ae.  CMS has a sick mind. She has this ego that compels her to do things that makes her look good as just and fair judge. CJA was a good human being and lawyer as described by those who knew and worked with her. CMS may have wanted to be like CJA and wanted to be a just judge in her eyes. The fact that CJA found out that she was not the just judge she appeared to be was a blow to CMS. CJA also wanted to reveal the truth so CMS had her murdered. That could explain her weird obsession with her spiritual “daughter”, JY and her wanting to be seen by JY as a just judge. She sees shades of CJA in JY. Then there is BSP, the son of CJA who pushes the guilty button in her. This woman’s mind is complicatedly twisted and that complicated twist will trip her into falling.  

12 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

@antoniaclamens @kjoy

also, JY knows and has full trust in BSP that she does not question his motives. When she first worked with BSP she realized that BSP did not use conventional methods to fight for his clients. At first, she was critical of him then began to see that there was a good rationale/sanity in his madness and thus called him the Lawless Lawyer because he sometimes skirted the edges of the law in the application of his legal strategies for his clients. She knows how creative BSP's mind is and she trusts in that creativity. YH does not know BSP and what she knows are just her conjectures of who and what BSP is all about. So when YH tells JY about what she thinks BSP has done, YH answer is "Go ahead, make my day"

AOJ should've known CMS was up to no good when she walked into his office and sat in the power seat like she owned the place. And well now she actually does. But as AOJ told his lackey that he knows the capacity of his mind, so does CMS with him. But I'm excited to see the tables turn on her. As much as I am not pro AOJ I am even less pro CMS (no matter how fascinating I find her character). 

@zenya22 

1. CMS has already received AOJ's money. It was shown on TV hence HJY commented that CMS was so hungry for money (episode 8)
  2. In my opinion, CMS had to change her plan with the trust fund because of BSP's intervention. It was not her idea from the start. Using the bank director Son Sung Sik was a better solution as she wouldn't be directly involved with the illegal money transaction. Notice that CMS has always used people to create slush funds... She was never directly involved: SSS, NSJ and the editor of the newspaper. BSP targeted the bank director well aware that the latter would become the next CEO that's why CMS had to find a solution where she would benefit the most. By doing so, he helped CMS to get the money directly. But in my opinion, this is also a dangerous move because this time, she can be connected to illegal transactions. 

However, the whole plan from the start was to use the position of mayor to control and even get rid of AOJ. The latter represents a thread to her as he is involved in her dark secrets.  

56 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

CMS has already received AOJ's money. It was shown on TV hence HJY commented that CMS was so hungry for money (episode 8)

Thank you for the reminder. Was so concentrated on the date in Episode, forgot bout this. Now she has the money, so she hires An Bae, DW's 2nd who may not be as compliant as AOJ. He owes her nothing. 

12 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you for the reminder. Was so concentrated on the date in Episode, forgot bout this. Now she has the money, so she hires An Bae, DW's 2nd who may not be as compliant as AOJ. He owes her nothing. 

Now, I wonder how An Bae, DW's 2nd would react after AOJ's confession that BSP didn't kill DW. Would his loyalty continue to lie with DW or change to CMS? He may have teamed up with CMS because he thought that BSP is guilty of murdering DW. 

15 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@allythefangirlI don't think that CMS hired KMB, the 2nd in command from the DW's gang, rather she has formed an alliance with KMB as they had the same interest: CMS and KMB want to get rid of BSP who could have become the leader of the gang.  

1. By turning him into the murderer of his uncle, then he can no longer claim his rights as future gang leader... I don't think that KMB really believed in BSP's guilt. He was putting a show at the funeral so that no member from the gang would doubt his innocence. If the 2nd in commande believes in his guilt, then this must be true.
  2. BSP has no longer any protection... since DW's gang has a new leader. He can disappear so easily ("be killed").
  3. Moreover, DW gang could expand and enter Kiseong territory. 

- CMS didn't think that BSP would tell AOJ that CMS wanted HJY to win the trial which would make AOJ suspicious. CMS didn't anticipate that the attempted killing of BSP would upset AOJ, since the latter hated BSP so much. She really thought that AOJ would be happy...

Now, BSP needs to fight against DW's gang and CMS.

2 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

Now, I wonder how An Bae, DW's 2nd would react after AOJ's confession that BSP didn't kill DW. Would his loyalty continue to lie with DW or change to CMS? He may have teamed up with CMS because he thought that BSP is guilty of murdering DW. 

I'm not so sure he only teamed up with her over BSP since he was so willing to give her information about the thai woman (JY's mother) that DW was looking for. Even if dead I would think his loyalty would still lie with DW. 

Archived