Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

I do not know if this question was discussed on the forum, but I would like to ask it. (perhaps this post will be long).

 

I read so much outrage after I finished watching the ELOD that most thought they would shoot a sequel to the DX and FJ story in TMOPB. Why is their history in TMOPB better?

 

After watching the ELOD, I felt like I was tricked by the DX and FJ versions. I know they didn't have the rights to the book at the time, but it's not an option to mess up the characters like that, especially FJ. I liked the way their story unfolded in TMOPB. But after returning from the mortal world, everything became a complete tragedy. FJ is humiliated, literally begs DX to marry her. And the moment when FJ's father asks DX to marry her. Why did the writers make such a cruel mockery of them? Not to mention FJ's tainted character (she was credited with stealing the soul plexus lamp, DX they add a harem in the mortal world - the most hated moments of the drama). I find it a bit wild that in TMOPB, FJ turns into a fox, then a servant, and as I understand it, DX knows that the fox is her. DX in TMOPB is just a mystery to me.Still, he chases FJ home after rescuing her from the Pagoda, because he realizes that he loves her.

 

The events after the return from the mortal world are a real tragedy. They caused me such a storm of emotions with their tragic story, each of their scenes was not without my tears. I even forgot about. The story of Ye Hua and BQ stopped bothering me after BQ came back instead of Susu. Personally, I found their story rather boring. I even wanted BQ to be with Mo Yuan. Yes, and I had problems with BQ/Susu/ Sometimes it seemed to me that BQ is not Susu. BQ has nothing left of her but her face and her inability to cook. I also couldn't understand why Ye Hua fell in love with Susu, and then BQ they are completely different. I liked Susu more in character, she was kind, loving, caring, and BQ was arrogant, selfish. It is clear that the celestials are more proud, but there should have been at least some of the Susu left. And also how BQ fell in love with YX, as a result of numerous harassment and harassment, which was annoying for me. I more believed that she loved Mo Yuan, she did so much to get her back, and when she gave him her blood, I was very touched. It seemed to me that she liked Mo Yuan more, and YX just passed by with the same face.

 

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I was more interested in watching the relationship between BQ and YX in the movie Once Upon a Time. The only negative in the film is the ending, . Another reason why I wasn't interested in their story at TMOPB was that I became obsessed with DX and FJ. But still, I like their story more in ELOD. V and R have an out-of-this-world chemistry. This was still noticeable in TMOPB, but in ELOD it is a firework that cannot be extinguished. I want another drama with them.

 

In fact, I'm still wondering how the story of DX and FJ would have unfolded if the same production team as TMOPB had been shooting. Would they continue their story or would they also reset it, or would they find a loophole and merge the two stories into one. Personally, I don't see a continuation given that. how they ended their story in TMOPB. For me, it ended up being a tragedy. DX will be forever alone, watching her through the mirror, FJ is also doomed to be always a lonely and unhappy queen, even if she gets married it will only be a political marriage and she will still be unhappy and alone.

 

Interesting was the storyline that DX erased his name from the stone of destiny. But unfortunately, this idea was not developed. It would be interesting to see how DX and FJ would overcome this obstacle. Is it possible that if they are together, there will be disasters in all the realms? Going against the will of the heavens is no joke, but they had to do it. We were immediately confronted with the fact that DX will not go against the will of heaven, which is very angry, because everything is different in ELOD.

 

I'm also angry that Tencent only gave us 56 episodes. When I started reading the novel, there were still many scenes that are not included in the drama. Then I found a forum and saw messages about scenes not included in the drama and excerpts from the script. It turns out that 70 episodes were rumored to have been filmed? If Tencent ever deigns to release an uncut version, let it release all 70 episodes, 60 will not suit me anymore. If they had problems with the release of the drama, there was no need to rush, maybe if the show was postponed, later we would get more than we have now. In any case, I love ELOD! I love the history of DX and FJ!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2813

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1267

  • Megan

    998

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

19 hours ago, Lazuria said:

I do not know if this question was discussed on the forum, but I would like to ask it. (perhaps this post will be long).

 

I read so much outrage after I finished watching the ELOD that most thought they would shoot a sequel to the DX and FJ story in TMOPB. Why is their history in TMOPB better?

 

After watching the ELOD, I felt like I was tricked by the DX and FJ versions. I know they didn't have the rights to the book at the time, but it's not an option to mess up the characters like that, especially FJ. I liked the way their story unfolded in TMOPB. But after returning from the mortal world, everything became a complete tragedy. FJ is humiliated, literally begs DX to marry her. And the moment when FJ's father asks DX to marry her. Why did the writers make such a cruel mockery of them? Not to mention FJ's tainted character (she was credited with stealing the soul plexus lamp, DX they add a harem in the mortal world - the most hated moments of the drama). I find it a bit wild that in TMOPB, FJ turns into a fox, then a servant, and as I understand it, DX knows that the fox is her. DX in TMOPB is just a mystery to me.Still, he chases FJ home after rescuing her from the Pagoda, because he realizes that he loves her.

 

The events after the return from the mortal world are a real tragedy. They caused me such a storm of emotions with their tragic story, each of their scenes was not without my tears. I even forgot about. The story of Ye Hua and BQ stopped bothering me after BQ came back instead of Susu. Personally, I found their story rather boring. I even wanted BQ to be with Mo Yuan. Yes, and I had problems with BQ/Susu/ Sometimes it seemed to me that BQ is not Susu. BQ has nothing left of her but her face and her inability to cook. I also couldn't understand why Ye Hua fell in love with Susu, and then BQ they are completely different. I liked Susu more in character, she was kind, loving, caring, and BQ was arrogant, selfish. It is clear that the celestials are more proud, but there should have been at least some of the Susu left. And also how BQ fell in love with YX, as a result of numerous harassment and harassment, which was annoying for me. I more believed that she loved Mo Yuan, she did so much to get her back, and when she gave him her blood, I was very touched. It seemed to me that she liked Mo Yuan more, and YX just passed by with the same face.

 

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I was more interested in watching the relationship between BQ and YX in the movie Once Upon a Time. The only negative in the film is the ending, . Another reason why I wasn't interested in their story at TMOPB was that I became obsessed with DX and FJ. But still, I like their story more in ELOD. V and R have an out-of-this-world chemistry. This was still noticeable in TMOPB, but in ELOD it is a firework that cannot be extinguished. I want another drama with them.

 

In fact, I'm still wondering how the story of DX and FJ would have unfolded if the same production team as TMOPB had been shooting. Would they continue their story or would they also reset it, or would they find a loophole and merge the two stories into one. Personally, I don't see a continuation given that. how they ended their story in TMOPB. For me, it ended up being a tragedy. DX will be forever alone, watching her through the mirror, FJ is also doomed to be always a lonely and unhappy queen, even if she gets married it will only be a political marriage and she will still be unhappy and alone.

 

Interesting was the storyline that DX erased his name from the stone of destiny. But unfortunately, this idea was not developed. It would be interesting to see how DX and FJ would overcome this obstacle. Is it possible that if they are together, there will be disasters in all the realms? Going against the will of the heavens is no joke, but they had to do it. We were immediately confronted with the fact that DX will not go against the will of heaven, which is very angry, because everything is different in ELOD.

 

I'm also angry that Tencent only gave us 56 episodes. When I started reading the novel, there were still many scenes that are not included in the drama. Then I found a forum and saw messages about scenes not included in the drama and excerpts from the script. It turns out that 70 episodes were rumored to have been filmed? If Tencent ever deigns to release an uncut version, let it release all 70 episodes, 60 will not suit me anymore. If they had problems with the release of the drama, there was no need to rush, maybe if the show was postponed, later we would get more than we have now. In any case, I love ELOD! I love the history of DX and FJ!

 

When ELOD was aired, there are viewers who were expecting that it would be a sequel, a continuation of the well-loved TMOPB drama. A disclaimer or a preface that ELOD would follow the actual story would have reduced the confusion and disappointment from the very first time it was shown. This oversight was at least addressed when ELOD was later on aired in South Korea.

 

TMOPB even after 4 years since it was first aired is still very popular. As recent as late 2020 it was offered as a pay ver view drama of a network in Japan. 

 

In TMOPB, there are viewers who rooted for the 2nd couple to also have a happy ending. After all, they do love each other, except that DH is not willing to go against the Rock of Incantation...which, to be honest, IMO, is a bit of hog wash to me. He was able to remove his name, then there should be means too to return it. And if his name used to be there, it's possible that he was fated to FJ, given the way he looked at her when she told him her name. Like he didn't expect he would still actually meet her.

 

Your questions were sporadically discussed somewhere in the 500-700 pages of the thread. Can't remember where exactly, as the thread has really grown from when ELOD was first shown. ^_^

 

Unfortunately, when TMOPB was for production, the producers weren't able to buy the rights for The Pillow Book. Apparently there were negotiations for Croton, all refused by Liu Yuxin. Liu Yuxin is the Ji Heng actress. At that time, she had the rights to the story and she intended to be FJ.

 

Before TMOPB started shooting, there were rumours that TPB might even start ahead than its predecessor story. There were names getting floated for the male lead and other characters for The Pillow Book. 

 

Can you imagine if that really happened, that the second story got ahead and aired first rather than the first one?

 

The one that went ahead however to film and finish the drama for the story was that of TMOPB's. Supposedly there was an overlap there in the stories of TMPOB and TPB on when FJ was a maid in Tai Chen Palace for 400 years, and of when Bai Qian went to mortal realm for assisting Yuan Zhen where FJ was honorable Concubine Chen.

 

Since TMOPB producers didn't get the story rights for TPB, the scriptwriters then made up a very different DH FJ story in TMOPB drama to avoid rights issues. It's a very different, polarising DH and FJ story from the actual novel for them, and there were many changes compared to their real story.

 

TMPOB had very high viewership when it was first broadcasted and streamed online. The actors and actresses were so on point their characters and roles. Not only was the story of Bai Qian and Ye Hua well liked in general, the secondary couple are loved as well. Reba and Vengo were the perfect FJ and DH.

 

About BQ and MY, the drama added some romantic side for MY which was not reciprocated by BQ. For the movie version, Once Upon A Time, though I found the SFX and CGI great, I felt it was too rushed. There were even more changes introduced, like Sujin colluding with Xuan Nu, or that YH is MY in the end. It also didn't really show much a BQ who was a warrior trained by the God of War until the ending since Sujin was able to keep needling her even when she was a high goddess.

 

Meantime, there were no further movements or activities on TPB as a drama under Liu Yuxin, and production only started when the rights to use the story was about to expire. At that point, Tencent has gained the rights for the story from Liu Yuxin. Neither would she play FJ, since Dong Feng fans practically demanded Reba and Vengo to reprise their roles. 

 

Given that Croton tried several negotiations for the story rights, you can be sure they would have followed the general story line of TPB if they were producing it. Simply put, the actual story of DH and FJ is the most beautiful story about the Emperor and the Nine-tailed Red Fox Queen. The real story of FJ and DH shows how they have both grown emotionally, what would they give up for each other, and what they will do to be together. It is their story of what they will defy and what they will face for their love.

 

Drama TMPOB DH has practically given up FJ because the few years in mortal realm they spent together made him lose his cultivation.

 

Compared to ELOD DH who gave up his cultivation to enter the dream realm for FJ. To ELOD DH who absorbs toxins that will slow down his gaining back of his cultivation if it meant life without Ji Heng intruding upon him and FJ. Most of all, ELOD DH would defy Destiny and would never give up searching for FJ. DH would love FJ so much that even when he knew he was about to die, he would leave her half of his heart to ensure that she would still have protection after his demise.

 

The drama TMOPB DH does not measure to the DH we read in the novel and seen in ELOD.

 

In ELOD, DH would still love and want a life with FJ whether they are fated or not. He did not fear Destiny, nor asked for its charity. 

 

It will be wonderful if Tencent would later release special edition of ELOD episodes similar to what they did for Untamed, or to release the director's cut. The 56 episodes were due to what the censor approved on max number of episodes to be aired.

 

In any case, had ELOD been delayed, it could have even been cut to 40 episodes given the new rule of max 40 episodes for dramas in China.

  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: how will we know if there will be any chance of an ELOD released deleted scenes or Manhua or extras? Like is there a deadline for expecting these things?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: how will we know if there will be any chance of an ELOD released deleted scenes or Manhua or extras? Like is there a deadline for expecting these things?

 

None really, unless there's someone in the know who would talk about it. As to if, when, and how, that would be the producers' prerogative whether it's feasible or not to give it a green signal.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

How would our family of 3 celebrate CNY?

Feng Jiu would love to gobble the treats and visit the festivals.

Dong Hua may even sew new clothes for them to wear. (Do you have to buy new clothes or is it fine to just make them?)

Gun Gun would compare mortal CNY to

immortal Cny

 

Say Dong Hua from old times met Xiao Bai and fell in love with her. Would he act like Xuanren or his current, childish self? Actually... is there a difference between how Xuanren and Dong Hua act around their crush? Both are childish and possessive.

hmm, let’s see, Xuanren was a lot more open about his courtship. Dong Hua was more clueless about his feelings and in the meantime, confined Feng Jiu to their shared residence so she would cook for him. When he became aware of his feelings, he became just as flirty as Xuanren.

Speaking of CNY, I was initially confused when I heard Siming was bagua because I thought it meant bakkwa. But apparently it meant gossiper.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakkwa

It was Chinese New Year and Taichen Palace was giving off delicious aromas. One in particular drew crowds of immortals to the gates. It was the sweet smell of succulent meat strips being roasted over fire in the garden.

Feng Jiu stacked them on a plate and told her husband to leave those for Gun Gun while she went to check on the cakes steaming in the kitchen. 

Feng Jiu: watch the fire for me.

It made a funny sight to see Dong Hua squatting and fanning the flames.

Gun Gun came over and saw his father in such a manner. “Father, are you making Bakkwa?”

Dong Hua: yes, come try the Bakkwa I cooked for you.

(Please. If Dong Hua tried to roast Bakkwa, it would be charcoal)

Gun Gun: your Bakkwa is as good as mother’s!

Dong Hua: oh. My cooking must have improved.

Gun Gun: father, let me warm the meat some more. Then we can eat it together.

The Bakkwa had indeed cooled down.

When Feng Jiu came back (she was delayed by servants bearing gifts), she saw her son taking Bakkwa off the fire and giving them to his father to try.

Feng Jiu: is my darling boy learning to cook?

Gun Gun smiled and lied as easily as his father does. “Yes, mother. I hope it meets your expectations.”

Dong Hua raised his brows. Did Gun Gun just claim credit for his stolen credit?

Feng Jiu chewed then pet her son’s head. “You have inherited my culinary genes!”

Is there a soundtrack CD for ELOD?

  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: how will we know if there will be any chance of an ELOD released deleted scenes or Manhua or extras? Like is there a deadline for expecting these things?

If you're the artist for a manhua then there are deadlines you're expected to complete in a week or so. For example let's say they asked you 50 panels a week you'll have to complete it so it can be published on time.

Really hope we can have the deleted scenes some day or Manhua or even extra :D

  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The height difference. ^_^ Love the elegant outfits. Artist is so meticulous with details: the layers of translucent muslin, the pleats, and the colour coordination.

 

EevbkEWU0AI700a?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Good in climbing trees and breaking in... :lol:

 

EV9yzxgVcAEMJ_D?format=jpg&name=medium

Credits: @LOLI_Samurai

 

***They aren't really FJ and DH, but the artist's original illustrations. 

  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

When ELOD was aired, there are viewers who were expecting that it would be a sequel, a continuation of the well-loved TMOPB drama. A disclaimer or a preface that ELOD would follow the actual story would have reduced the confusion and disappointment from the very first time it was shown. This oversight was at least addressed when ELOD was later on aired in South Korea.

 

TMOPB even after 4 years since it was first aired is still very popular. As recent as late 2020 it was offered as a pay ver view drama of a network in Japan. 

 

In TMOPB, there are viewers who rooted for the 2nd couple to also have a happy ending. After all, they do love each other, except that DH is not willing to go against the rock of incantation...which, to be honest, IMO, is a bit of hog wash to me. He was able to remove his name, then there should be means too to return it. And if his name used to be there, it's possible that he was fated to FJ, given the way he looked at her when she told him her name. Like he didn't expect he would still meet her.

 

Your questions were sporadically discussed somewhere in the 500-700 pages of the thread. Can't remember where exactly, as the thread has really grown from when ELOD was first shown. ^_^

 

Unfortunately, when TMOPB was for production, the producers weren't able to buy the rights for The Pillow Book. Apparently there were negotiations for Croton, all refused by Liu Yuxin. Liu Yuxin is the Ji Heng actress. At that time, she had the rights to the story and she intended to be FJ.

 

Before TMOPB started shooting, there were rumours that TPB might even start ahead than its predecessor story. There were names getting floated for the male lead and other characters for The Pillow Book. 

 

Can you imagine if that really happened, that the second story got ahead and aired first rather than the first one?

 

What went ahead however to film and finish the story was TMOPB. Supposedly there was an overlap there in the story of TMPOB and TPB on when FJ was a maid in Tai Chen Palace for 400 years, and of when Bai Qian went to mortal realm for assisting Yuan Zhen where FJ was honorable Concubine Chen.

 

Since TMOPB producers didn't get the story rights for TPB, the scriptwriters then made up a very different DH FJ story in TMOPB drama to avoid rights issues. It's a very different, polarising DH and FJ story from the actual novel for them, and there were many changes compared to their real story.

 

TMPOB had very high viewership when it was first broadcasted and streamed online. The actors were so on point their characters and roles. Not only was the story of Bai Qian and Ye Hua well liked in general, the secondary couple are loved as well. Reba and Vengo were the perfect FJ and DH.

 

About BQ and MY, the drama added some romantic side for MY which was not reciprocated by BQ. For the movie version, Once Upon A Time, though I found the SFX and CGI great, I felt it was too rushed. There were even more changes introduced, like Sujin colluding with Xuan Nu, or that YH is MY in the end. It also didn't really show much a BQ who was a warrior trained by the God of War until the ending since Sujin was able to keep needling her even when she was a high goddess.

 

Meantime, there were no further movements or activities on TPB as a drama under Liu Yuxin, and production only started when the rights to use the story was about to expire. At that point, Tencent has gained the rights for the story from Liu Yuxin. Neither would she play FJ, since Dong Feng fans practically demanded Reba and Vengo to reprise their roles. 

 

Given that Croton tried several negotiations for the story rights, you can be sure they would have followed the general story line of TPB if they were producing it. Simply put, the actual story of DH and FJ is the most beautiful story about the Emperor and the Nine-tailed Red Fox Queen. The real story of FJ and DH shows how they have both grown emotionally, what would they give up for each other, and what they will do to be together. It is their story of what they will defy and what they will face for their love.

 

Drama TMPOB DH has practically given up FJ because the few years in mortal realm they spent together made him lose his cultivation.

 

Compared to ELOD DH who gave up his cultivation to enter the dream realm for FJ. To ELOD DH who absorbs toxins that will slow down his gaining back of his cultivation if it meant life without Ji Heng intruding upon him and FJ. Most of all, ELOD DH would defy Destiny and would never give up searching for FJ. DH would love FJ so much that even when he knew he was about to die, he would leave her half of his heart to ensure that she would still have protection after his demise.

 

The drama TMOPB DH does not measure to the DH we read in the novel and seen in ELOD.

 

In ELOD, DH would still love and want a life with FJ whether they are fated or not. He did not fear Destiny, nor asked for its charity. 

 

It will be wonderful if Tencent would later release special edition of ELOD episodes similar to what they did for Untamed, or to release the director's cut. The 56 episodes were due to what the censor approved on max number of episodes to be aired.

 

In any case, had ELOD been delayed, it could have even been cut to 40 episodes given the new rule of max 40 episodes for dramas in China.

This whole situation with the rights to the book is really depressing. What's the point of holding the rights to a book for so long and doing nothing? Liu Yuxin was so obsessed with playing the role of FJ, and her character JX was delusional about DX. For this, the hatred for her increases from the drama to the real person.

 

For me, TMOPB has always been more than a BQ and YX story. The drama includes many other stories, which makes it very interesting. I usually find the sidelines boring, redundant, and not affecting the main plot, but TMOPB is really interesting in prescribing each character. Not just the history of DX and FJ, Lee Jin (it's a pity that he was killed in the drama, but it's good that he is alive in the novel, Lee Jin is not bad, he is a womanizer, he could not remain loyal to Si Yin and the ruler of him sucks, but at least he is not a villain unlike his father). And Yang Zhi., the second prince and Shao Xing, even Xuan Nu, despite all the evil that she did, stole MY and Ali, in the end I still felt sorry for her, she was so eager to revive her child. In fact, I believe that even Xuan Nu was a better mother than BQ, but FJ still wins.  I like the Si Yin and Susu versions more than the BQ. But I like the scenes when BQ came for MY body and when she ripped out Sujin's eyes - these scenes are very epic. But the relationship between BQ and YX turned out to be boring for me. DX and FJ were more attractive to me even before I learned about their real history from the book.

 

It's amazing that after 3 years, TMOPB is still so popular, even despite the anti-plagiarism issues. I hope that when the books about Lian Song and Cheng Yu, MY and Shao Wang are adapted, they will not repeat the fate of ELOD, they will not be so poorly edited, and there will not be an actress who is obsessed with the role of Cheng Yu and Shao Wang.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

This whole situation with the rights to the book is really depressing. What's the point of holding the rights to a book for so long and doing nothing? Liu Yuxin was so obsessed with playing the role of FJ, and her character JX was delusional about DX. For this, the hatred for her increases from the drama to the real person.

 

Apparently she was going through personal issues over her marriage, and that she was being bullied too for other things, which pushed her to the brink. Though she survived, she had other posts too about the role and the drama that did not exactly endear her to viewers, and she was called out for it.

 

Let's just say that Miao Luo is also a villain, and Nie Chuyin a traitor to everyone in the drama, but the actress and actor are only mean and nasty as their characters. They are easy going as they are and well-liked. I don't think they were antagonised by the more outspoken viewers. Rather they were admired for their effective portrayal of their roles.

 

59 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

For me, TMOPB has always been more than a BQ and YX story. The drama includes many other stories, which makes it very interesting. I usually find the sidelines boring, redundant, and not affecting the main plot, but TMOPB is really interesting in prescribing each character. Not just the history of DX and FJ, Lee Jin (it's a pity that he was killed in the drama, but it's good that he is alive in the novel, Lee Jin is not bad, he is a womanizer, he could not remain loyal to Si Yin and the ruler of him sucks, but at least he is not a villain unlike his father). And Yang Zhi., the second prince and Shao Xing, even Xuan Nu, despite all the evil that she did, stole MY and Ali, in the end I still felt sorry for her, she was so eager to revive her child. In fact, I believe that even Xuan Nu was a better mother than BQ, but FJ still wins.  I like the Si Yin and Susu versions more than the BQ. But I like the scenes when BQ came for MY body and when she ripped out Sujin's eyes - these scenes are very epic. But the relationship between BQ and YX turned out to be boring for me. DX and FJ were more attractive to me even before I learned about their real history from the book.

 

Aside from Li Jing, Ninth disciple is also alive in the novel. I pity what he went through though. In the drama, it was made to appear more tame, that Qing Cang merely wanted to have him as his godson. In the book, he would have been "married" to Qing Cang.

 

Xuan Nu was totally consumed with envy. She was actually beautiful too, but she prefers and wanted BQ's face. As a mother, I agree that she was very devoted in finding whatever means right or wrong to cure her sick child.

 

Bai Qian as a mother in TMOPB is polarising, given that she left her child and then chose the amnesia potion after jumping off from Zhuxian terrace. The thing with her though is that she was too broken of YH's betrayals.

 

YH might have intended to keep her as Su Su safe by appearing aloof, but he never told her anything. Worse, he never took her side when it mattered, and didn't explain to her why he has turned cold. The last straw was taking away her eyes for something that wasn't her fault. At that point, for whatever reason YH has to take her eyes, it was YH who removed physical parts of her despite knowing how important to her her sight is. She was begging him too...

 

When YH died, BQ couldn't take back Ali since she was not fit to parent him. It would have been more painful for Ali to have a parent who was merely a shell as she mourns for his father.

 

BQ has made it up to Ali as his mother when YH woke up again. :)

 

59 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

It's amazing that after 3 years, TMOPB is still so popular, even despite the anti-plagiarism issues. I hope that when the books about Lian Song and Cheng Yu, MY and Shao Wang are adapted, they will not repeat the fate of ELOD, they will not be so poorly edited, and there will not be an actress who is obsessed with the role of Cheng Yu and Shao Wang

 

The plagiarism issues has been cleared as the courts sided with TQ. The author has been cautious afterwards as even in concept/outline stage, she gets her work copyrighted. To be frank, her imagination and creativity is very unique to her, as evidenced by the Pilllow Book novel.

 

Hopefully the drama adaptations for the next books will get better and more awesome! I'd love to see Li Qin or Crystal Liu, even if she was the movie BQ, as one of the leads.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Bai Qian as a mother in TMOPB is polarising, given that she left her child and then chose the amnesia potion after jumping off from Zhuxian terrace. The thing with her though is that she was too broken of YH's betrayals.

 

YH might have intended to keep her as Su Su safe by appearing aloof, but he never told her anything. Worse, he never took her side when it mattered, and didn't explain to her why he has turned cold. The last straw was taking away her eyes for something that wasn't her fault. At that point, for whatever reason YH has to take her eyes, it was YH who removed physical parts of her despite knowing how important to her her sight is. She was begging him too...

 

When YH died, BQ couldn't take back Ali since she was not fit to parent him. It would have been more painful for Ali to have a parent who was merely a shell as she mourns for his father.

 

BQ has made it up to Ali as his mother when YH woke up again. :)

 

 

The plagiarism issues has been cleared as the courts sided with TQ. The author has been cautious afterwards as even in concept/outline stage, she gets her work copyrighted. To be frank, her imagination and creativity is very unique to her, as evidenced by the Pilllow Book novel.

 

Hopefully the drama adaptations for the next books will get better and more awesome! I'd love to see Li Qin or Crystal Liu, even if she was the movie BQ, as one of the leads.

Indeed, after reading the novel, it became clear to me why BQ abandoned Ali twice, it's just very difficult to accept that a mother can abandon her child.:cry:

 

It is good that the problems with plagiarism were resolved in favor of TQ. The history of DX and FJ is the best. I would like to learn more about the prehistoric times of DX. It would be nice if we could make a film where we could see what DX's life was like before and after he became the Heavenly Emperor, as well as see MY and Shao Wang.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lazuria said:

Indeed, after reading the novel, it became clear to me why BQ abandoned Ali twice, it's just very difficult to accept that a mother can abandon her child.

 

It does look like abandonment since BQ didn't claim her son. However, BQ wasn't able to take care of herself and has to be looked after. If she couldn't get past over her grief, then even if Ali was given to her, she may not be able to be a mother to him either. It would not be fair to the child and it will scar him further after already losing a parent...

 

Feng Jiu was also disparaged when she never thought twice on joining Dong Hua in the starlight ward. Some viewers, and maybe some readers too, felt that she has totally forgotten she has a son waiting for her.

 

It's not that she doesn't love Bai Gun Gun as much as she does for Dong Hua. It's because DH is her beloved mate whom she can't bear to be apart from anymore, especially after learning what truly happened 200 years ago.

 

4 hours ago, Lazuria said:

I would like to learn more about the prehistoric times of DX. It would be nice if we could make a film where we could see what DX's life was like before and after he became the Heavenly Emperor, as well as see MY and Shao Wang.

 

Hopefully it would happen in the near future. :) I'd certainly like to see the unification battles, and the ancient deities in Fushen's Marsh School.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Yes, sold in Ebay.com, Yesasia.com, and Rakuten.co.jp

XD i know what to ask for my b’day now. Thanks! It has more than four songs right?

Is there a soundtrack CD for eternal love and Once Upon A Time too?

the closest I came to this was when I went to a DVD shop and asked if they had the soundtrack. I found a CD of mixed artists and just one song belonging to EL.

  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Megan said:

XD i know what to ask for my b’day now. Thanks! It has more than four songs right?

 

Advanced happy birthday! :love: 28 OST and BGM according to the info provided. And I think there's also for Eternal Love in pink cover.

 

d87132_6c3617905f5646e3b30c4bba774f3844~

 

 

d87132_e485ae4a95b54508b5f7973f6ca588a3~

 

@Megan asiahello20.com sells both

  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Advanced happy birthday! :love: 28 OST and BGM according to the info provided. And I think there's also for Eternal Love in pink cover.

Yay. More ELOD merchandize.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The moment you hear Dong Hua’s confession, and you wonder if he himself realized that he had never before said the words “i love you” to Xiao Bai before and regretted not saying it earlier when she was healthy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megan said:

The moment you hear Dong Hua’s confession, and you wonder if he himself realized that he had never before said the words “i love you” to Xiao Bai before and regretted not saying it earlier when she was healthy.

He probably did.

 

As viewers it was clear how much DH loves FJ based on his actions. Perhaps DH thought just action alone was enough. It was only when FJ made that request out loud, DH most likely realised FJ needed to hear those words. 

 

The ELOD music is so good. I still listen to it while I drive. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...