Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm thinking the twist would be somewhere in the way of retelling of the prehistoric era. These 3 excerpts are a bit fishy. :lol:

When you say "excerpt" do you mean like there's a story around it? 

The paragraph just before the extras: 

好好好,我知道你们都迫不及待,现在就给你们先睹为快,三个番外小段落送上

Alright, alright, alright, I know that you all can't wait, so I'll give you all a preview. I'll gift you three outtake shorts.

https://freewechat.com/a/MzU3MzA3NDk5Mg==/2247484708/1

So it seems that these are more like those mini one-offs that she did when the drama was first airing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

22 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

When you say "excerpt" do you mean like there's a story around it? 

Hmm, Google translate was a bit rusty here then, I guess?

The sneak peek got me! :lol:

"Well, well, I know you all can’t wait. I will give you a sneak peek now. I will send you three extra short paragraphs."

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzU3MzA3NDk5Mg==&mid=2247484708&idx=1&sn=99376be259ee9db7784c01922db790de&chksm=fcc67e7bcbb1f76deab8173071c063a27508c919fe39422ac5c8e41b5adba9e61906897de437&scene=178&cur_album_id=1336890620174106625#rd

TQ mentioned previously that the extra chapters would be "good" and "fun" reading (via autotranslations).

Can't wait!

12 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

should be blood related to you, Dizuo [has been used as another honorific for DH in the past]. That’s why we were able to enter the Holy Blue Sea.”

就见同折颜聊了半天天地大事亦八风不动的帝君那张脸空白了一下,半晌,他道:“我记得,我是个孤儿,我没有兄弟,也没有姊妹。”
The unperturbable Dijun, who had just been speaking to Zheyan for half a day and whose face had gone completely blank, at length, said, “I remember, I was an orphan. I don’t have brothers, nor do I have sisters.”

霏微摇头:“他既不是您的兄弟,也不是您的姊妹。”
Fei Wei shook his head. “He isn’t your brother, nor is he your sister.”

东华立刻道:“我也没有父母。”
Donghua immediately said: “I don’t have parents either.”

霏微还摇头:“他也不是您的父母。”
Fei Wei was still shaking his head. “He isn’t your parent either.”

Oh what Zhihe would say about Dong Hua’s response.

Dong Hua: well he did say blood relations.

• Wiggle 1
37 minutes ago, Megan said:

Actually with regards to the second excerpt, despite being a mother, Feng Jiu still looks like a baby fox???

Her appearance didn't change much from that baby fox saved at Mt Qinyao, to when the space folding magic forced her back to her original form. That's why DH somehow recognised her. Besides, giving birth will not make an animal look older...they'll still have similar size and everything.

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Her appearance didn't change much from that baby fox saved at Mt Qinyao, to when the space folding magic forced her back to her original form. That's why DH somehow recognised her. Besides, giving birth will not make an animal look older...they'll still have similar size and everything.

So despite the fact that Feng Jiu is a mother fox who has been pregnant and nursed her kit, she still looks like a baby fox? 
from what you are saying, does that mean she is really just an adult fox who looks like a baby fox?

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

So despite the fact that Feng Jiu is a mother fox who has been pregnant and nursed her kit, she still looks like a baby fox? 
from what you are saying, does that mean she is really just an adult fox who looks like a baby fox?

Some animals stop growing at some point before it is considered matured. What I'm saying is that she was an adult fox whose size and looks weren't much different from when she's still considered a baby fox due to her age. 

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Animals stop growing at some point before it is considered matured. What I'm saying is that she was an adult mammal whose size and looks weren't much different from when she's still considered a baby fox due to her age. 

In that case...I am picturing an elderly red fox with greying fur, still as small as a baby fox. That is my imagining her when she is as old as her grandpa.

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

In that case...I am picturing an elderly red fox with greying fur, still as small as a baby fox. That is my imagining her when she is as old as her grandpa.

Perhaps not the size of a baby fox. Like I mentioned, it's relative to the age. For example, a dog has almost reached its full size when it's 6mo-8mo. But it isn't yet an adult dog. Similar to FJ, there wasn't much differences appearances or her size when she's still considered a baby fox at Mt Qinyao to 2000 years later as the fox at Fanyin Valley.

• Insightful 1

Here’s an idea. Based on the first excerpt with a new servant character and the fact that Dong Hua is confused about his blood relation, what if the story is about Gun Gun travelling to the past to learn about his father. Because of his failed exam, he wants to double check everything.

• Blob 2

ALERT! waving hello to our winterland clue chingus. if you would love to contribute and be a more active part of the soompi community, do apply! :)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Just for fun, which is your favourite? :lol:

Source: ELOD, YT (gifs by poster)

The first one on the bed.

but my real favorite is the maiden festival kiss

Question: why do people say Dong Hua has silver hair when it is clearly white? Even the picture of Gun Gun the silver kit is white in the Q&A at Elodsoompie.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Wiggle 2
11 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: why do people say Dong Hua has silver hair when it is clearly white? Even the picture of Gun Gun the silver kit is white in the Q&A at Elodsoompie.

There are different shades,variants, and combination of hair colours...

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hi,  I found out about this place from the blog. which someone directed me to from YT comments regarding TMOPB and ELOTD. (Ive started to learn Chinese as I would like to eventually read the original versions but for now Im limited to English translations.  Ive enjoyed both tv series immensely, I tried a few searches but I cant find answers to a few questions from both of the tv series so Im hoping that you guys can help.

1. On the blog in the Fan section, there is an image showing how mixed up the relationships/statuses are after the 2 marriages. I was confused though on why Dong Hua is considered both Ye Hua's and Bai Qian's grandfather since he hadnt married before. Wouldnt he at most be their uncle since Bai Zhi, and Mo Yuan, and Zhe Lan were equal contemporaries for him?

2.  When can A'Li and Gun-Gun have control over switching to their animal forms/ do they do it very often? (I would love to see a drawing of trio in animal form -Ye Hua and Ah Li on either shoulder or prehaps one resting on her head.

3. Has there ever been an outtake/extra screen of a family meal over at the Fox Clan post ELOD?  Im thinking that could have some serious fun occuring.  (We know Zhe Lan would come too!) 

4.  Would Ye Hua train with his brother to improve his fighting skills -since he is young and both Dong Hua and Mo Yuan can out fight him easily?

5. When will Bai Qian recover all of the cultivation that was used to seal the Bell of the Emperor? Would the 3 years of continuously sleeping have restored it all?  (I could also see Ye Hua and Bai Qian practise weapon fighting together- great excuse for A'Li to not be allowed to interfere.)

6. Has it been shown what were the rest of the Fox Clan's reactions to finding out the details of BQ's mortal trial and the fact that A'Li is her full son? 

7.  What kind of trial would Ye Hua need to gain High God status?

8. Is there a rank higher than High God?  (mortal >reg immortal /animals that gain human form> high immortal > high god).

9.  Is there an English translation with all the outtakes for the ELOTD ?

10. Does anyone have links to the extras/deleted scenes for ELOTD? (I heard there were suppose to be more episodes but it got trimmed down and that is why there is less Gun-Gun scenes but that somewhere there are all the scenes).

11. Any chance of seeing a scene where Ye Hua and Feng Jiu compare cooking techniques?  (I predict BQ would be amused, while DH would be jealous or at least make some type of prank.)

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Megan said:

The first one on the bed.

but my real favorite is the maiden festival kiss

Because thats what Tang Qi says it is. there is very light silver and very dark silver. Both of them are just more on the very light side.   (ok now i want to see fan art of Dong Hua sitting with both FJ and GG in fox form on his lap. ) :)

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Hi,  I found out about this place from the blog. which someone directed me to from YT comments regarding TMOPB and ELOTD. (Ive started to learn Chinese as I would like to eventually read the original versions but for now Im limited to English translations.  Ive enjoyed both tv series immensely, I tried a few searches but I cant find answers to a few questions from both of the tv series so Im hoping that you guys can help.

Hello! Welcome to the ELOD thread! :heart:

1. On the blog in the Fan section, there is an image showing how mixed up the relationships/statuses are after the 2 marriages. I was confused though on why Dong Hua is considered both Ye Hua's and Bai Qian's grandfather since he hadnt married before. Wouldnt he at most be their uncle since Bai Zhi, and Mo Yuan, and Zhe Lan were equal contemporaries for him?

Dong Hua through Ye Hua’s side is considered as his grandfather since he, and Tianjun are peers. Through Bia Qian’s side, Dong Hua who is peers with her father Bai Zhi, he is an uncle.

2.  When can A'Li and Gun-Gun have control over switching to their animal forms/ do they do it very often? (I would love to see a drawing of trio in animal form -Ye Hua and Ah Li on either shoulder or prehaps one resting on her head.

Though Ali was born human, his animal form is a dragon. Bai Gun Gun was born a silver fox. So far nothing has been mentioned by the author Tang Qi on changing to their forms at will, though basing from Feng Jiu as a youngster, being in their fox form or human form was something the foxes normally do even as children. The rule may be different for the dragons given their sheer size when they transform – referring to Ye Hua when he did it at mortal realm.

3. Has there ever been an outtake/extra screen of a family meal over at the Fox Clan post ELOD?  Im thinking that could have some serious fun occuring.  (We know Zhe Lan would come too!) 

None of that as yet, book or drama POV. Perhaps there would be in the upcoming Pillow Book extra, and the next 3L3W books.

4.  Would Ye Hua train with his brother to improve his fighting skills -since he is young and both Dong Hua and Mo Yuan can out fight him easily?

Ye Hua is very well-trained, and he’ll get better as he gains cultivation. His elder twin Mo Yuan and Dong Hua are the best fighters there due to their years gaining cultivation as two of the legendary ancient immortals.

5. When will Bai Qian recover all of the cultivation that was used to seal the Bell of the Emperor? Would the 3 years of continuously sleeping have restored it all?  (I could also see Ye Hua and Bai Qian practise weapon fighting together- great excuse for A'Li to not be allowed to interfere.)

Most of it should have been recovered after she went through her mortal trial and gained her high goddess status. Drama POV she was told that she was in deep sleep after drinking the amnesia potion of Zhe Yan.

6. Has it been shown what were the rest of the Fox Clan's reactions to finding out the details of BQ's mortal trial and the fact that A'Li is her full son? 

Drama POV, no, only Feng Jiu did. When Ye Hua died, Bai Qian’s rocks were Bai Zhen, Mi Gu, Zhe Yan, and Feng Jiu. In the book, Bi Fang was also supportive.

7.  What kind of trial would Ye Hua need to gain High God status?

Unlike the 3 lightning bolts to be a high immortal, the trial to be a high god cannot be predicted when (though it should happen after becoming high immortal), and for how long it will take and where. 

8. Is there a rank higher than High God?  (mortal >reg immortal /animals that gain human form> high immortal > high god).

In 3L3W there’s none, though some are more revered due to their positions and powers they wield. 

9.  Is there an English translation with all the outtakes for the ELOTD ?

Hamster et al has translated the known outtakes for TMOPB and TPB. There are later outtakes which were written by TQ when ELOD was airing which are in the ELOD blogsite. :)

10. Does anyone have links to the extras/deleted scenes for ELOTD? (I heard there were suppose to be more episodes but it got trimmed down and that is why there is less Gun-Gun scenes but that somewhere there are all the scenes).

So far none has actually appeared, though grapevines mentioned that enough scenes were shot for 70 episodes. The editing whittled it down to 60 episodes. However, only 56 episodes max episodes were approved by the censor board, so after final editing, there are only 56 episodes total. There is still some clamour for Tencent to release the 60 episodes version.

11. Any chance of seeing a scene where Ye Hua and Feng Jiu compare cooking techniques?  (I predict BQ would be amused, while DH would be jealous or at least make some type of prank.)

TQ may write an outtake, or it may happen in the 4 other books of 3L3W universe. ^_^ Ah, don't be surprised with DH, he's very thick faced for anything about FJ. When his bestie Shao Wan is awake, there will be two very shameless deities. :lol:

If ELOD ever gets animated, hire this artist please.

Look at her cape. And the embroideries/appliqués drawn to their outfits.

Er7oTqHUcAQCtN_?format=jpg&name=900x900

She even got that mole below the right eye. :wub:

EroApW6UYAIiNyM?format=jpg&name=900x900

Credits: @LOLI_Samurai

***These beautiful, very detailed original illustrations aren't FJ and DH per se, but very, very close to our favourite 3L3W couple. :)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1