[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

I think chapter 7 spoiler demonstrates how FJ does not mind not having a perfect wedding. She only cares that DH loves her and is happy to be with him.  Also, remember how FJ does not care much for ceremony. The ultimate concern for her is to make sure Dh is safe. So not having a perfect wedding may not be a big issue for her, as long as DH defeats the enemy and is safe.  

True. But I still question the romance of Dong Hua’s gesture to give her a wedding.

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

True. But I still question the romance of Dong Hua’s gesture to give her a wedding.

He still gave her a wedding even if there was a chance it would be imperfect as it wasn't exactly peaceful. What mattered was that in this wedding, he'll be present.

39 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Also, remember how FJ does not care much for ceremony.

He wanted to make it up to her when they reconciled and she refused it since "everyone knows they're already married". I rather think the wedding in the time travel was prepared because the immortals in that era don't know they're wedded and with a son.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He still gave her a wedding even if there was a chance it would be imperfect as it wasn't exactly peaceful. What mattered was that in this wedding, he'll be present.

He wanted to make it up to her when they reconciled and she refused it since "everyone knows they're already married". I rather think the wedding in the time travel was prepared because the immortals in that era don't know they're wedded and with a son.

That is a grand gesture for DH! 

I find that super romantic :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Actually, come to think of it, why did Dong Hua in the past give her a second wedding while the Dong Hua in the present did not? The latter had to have known she still regretted his absence at their wedding. He could have given the same excuse: that he wanted to give her a second wedding...

• Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, Megan said:

Actually, come to think of it, why did Dong Hua in the past give her a second wedding while the Dong Hua in the present did not? The latter had to have known she still regretted his absence at their wedding. He could have given the same excuse: that he wanted to give her a second wedding...

Possible reason why present DH agreed is because he respected his wife's wishes. He promised her freedom in her choices and decisions.

Past DH would hear for the 1st time that he wasn't there on their wedding ceremony, then how things went downhill afterwards. He would have also heard the wistfulness when she was talking to the other bride that at least she wasn't alone.

Call it pride, or ego, but no Emperor while in power would find it acceptable that he was absent to that one and only wedding ceremony to his wife. The 2nd wedding arranged by past DH was a foregone conclusion. :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Possible reason why present DH agreed is because he respected his wife's wishes. He promised her freedom in her choices and decisions.

That was in the drama only, I believe.

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Past DH would hear for the 1st time that he wasn't there on their wedding ceremony, then how things went downhill afterwards.

Really? He also knew about the 200 years of separation? And the cause of his absence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Really? He also knew about the 200 years of separation? And the cause of his absence?

Yep, he knew that they were separated and that the reason he wasn't at their wedding was because he went to save someone and because something really big happened afterwards. FJ didn't really go into a ton of detail about it, but during their conversation at that first battlefield wedding, she is visibly upset it, and he does ask her during the conversation if she truly meant it when she refused the second wedding.

As for why the present DH didn't give her a second wedding, it was precisely because of what @MayanEcho said; he respected her refusal. In the extra, it specifically says that she thought that having another wedding when literally every immortal in the world already knew of their first would look very odd, and that's why she refused. If DH forced another wedding on her when she very clearly said no, even if she does want one, wouldn't that be much worse?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

Um...isn’t that what he’s doing in the past?

Apologies, I forgot to include: her reason in the present time is that she didn't want one because it looked odd, so to force one on her then would be very clearly going against her wishes. But in the past time, they hadn't yet been married, so her not wanting another wedding because it looks odd isn't a valid reason anymore. She does still want one, but she can't have one in the present for that reason, but in the past, it's alright to have one because no one could possibly know about their wedding in the future. Also, she didn't specifically say she didn't want one in the past, although she certainly didn't say that she does want one either. Make sense?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Apologies, I forgot to include: her reason in the present time is that she didn't want one because it looked odd, so to force one on her then would be very clearly going against her wishes. But in the past time, they hadn't yet been married, so her not wanting another wedding because it looks odd isn't a valid reason anymore. She does still want one, but she can't have one in the present for that reason, but in the past, it's alright to have one because no one could possibly know about their wedding in the future. Also, she didn't specifically say she didn't want one in the past, although she certainly didn't say that she does want one either. Make sense?

Yup that makes more sense now. Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Yep, he knew that they were separated and that the reason he wasn't at their wedding was because he went to save someone and because something really big happened afterwards. FJ didn't really go into a ton of detail about it, but during their conversation at that first battlefield wedding, she is visibly upset it, and he does ask her during the conversation if she truly meant it when she refused the second wedding.

As for why the present DH didn't give her a second wedding, it was precisely because of what @MayanEcho said; he respected her refusal. In the extra, it specifically says that she thought that having another wedding when literally every immortal in the world already knew of their first would look very odd, and that's why she refused. If DH forced another wedding on her when she very clearly said no, even if she does want one, wouldn't that be much worse?

Ouch. Poor FJ sounds like she was traumatized by the first wedding. Which is not surprising. DH probably realised that and didn't want to make her relive that traumatic experience. 

FJ didn't get to show off her 200 wedding gowns!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ninky said:

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

I am back in action for the blog! Watch this space. I have something that I will be posting in the next 24 hours! I hope you will enjoy it! I have also ordered the newly published Lotus Step Book 1 and the 5,000 novella outtake of the pillow book! We will also be translating it for everyone's enjoyement!.

LOVE!

Ninky!

Yes Yes Yes! Welcome back!

And thank you for translating these. 

16 hours ago, Ninky said:

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

I am back in action for the blog! Watch this space. I have something that I will be posting in the next 24 hours! I hope you will enjoy it! I have also ordered the newly published Lotus Step Book 1 and the 5,000 novella outtake of the pillow book! We will also be translating it for everyone's enjoyement!.

LOVE!

Ninky!

Welcome back :)

I am new here and joined this forum only couple weeks back but have been quietly read through the posts here in the past few months. So familiar with many names here (by reading).   I love the ELOD website where you (and many others here) kindly translated lot of background information of TangQi's universe/stories. I read through EVERYTHING in there. Love it.  :)

@UnluckyWhiteCat many thanks again for translating Chapter 7. You are a star :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Ouch. Poor FJ sounds like she was traumatized by the first wedding. Which is not surprising. DH probably realised that and didn't want to make her relive that traumatic experience. 

FJ didn't get to show off her 200 wedding gowns!

I would be nice if DH in the past knows that FJ is also good at weaponry, good at fighting and actually almost lost her life to save him (many times).  I like strong girl in action i.e. FJ.  She is young but very good, fearless and mature for her age. I wish TQ shows more of FJ's skills in the PB extra. 

That reminds me when reading PB toward the end of Chapter 16 when DHDJ looked through the mirror to find the origin of Aranya and discovered the truth, that is quite epic and satisfying. 

Yes, I wish that to. That would be the biggest wedding to remember for thousand years to come if it had happened. She deserves that 200 days wedding. 

Please TQ don't let DH do something stupid again. Carrying JH is a no no, I still don't understand how can YH take three bodies (MY, BQ and Ali) back to  Qinqui but DH had to carry JH in his arms (can't he use magic?).  I looked through EP 53 many times but could not see clearly whether DH actually grab JH by the neck. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Interesting fact about Zheyan that I found really funny and just had to share (minor spoiler):

Spoiler

He writes a book called "Learning the Art of Conversing With High God Zheyan" (not quite a literal translation, but this sounds better) after his first time going to the Holy Blue Sea and encountering DH's poisonous tongue, and gifts it to him.

DH then punishes Fei Wei to copy it 30 times after he accidentally insults FJ. 

:Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

DH then punishes Fei Wei to copy it 30 times after he accidentally insults FJ.

How did Fei Wei offend Feng Jiu? On the other hand, it’s so sweet Dong Hua is so protective of his wife already

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2