[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:
  Hide contents

Oh no! :sweat_smile:

Hide contents

Dijun cooking = :skull:  Si Ming would be very grateful he isn't there, too!  Hahaha!

Hide contents

Zhong Lin's intuition is from his grandfather. And of course, some things would never change. :joy:

Hide contents

LMAO!  Isn't this a repeat of "who embraced first?"

I'm still saddened of what happened to that wedding. This may be their best chance to have their wedding ceremony, while in the past, when their son and their friends are with them. :blush:

That would be some what awkward tho haha fj grand parents n parents watching their unborn child getting married to a past dh even with a son as well haha plus most of fjs friends aren't around yet haha... will this change the future  now haha

• LOL 4

Im guessing that after FJ and BGG return to the present the memories of their time in the past are sealed for all who stay in the past until they return to the present. 

Heh hehe. I cant wait to find out DH reaction to suddenly having memories of the past.  Toss in Zhe Lan and the others.

BQ will be sad she missed the wedding though and will want her niece to tell her all the details!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The original books (in Mandarin) might be available through eBay or your local Amazon. The newly launched Lotus Steps vol 1 and the Pillow Book extra might be available only after a few months. 

Another option is if you have someone in China who can shop and courier the books for you. 

Excited to know about that too! :) I'm hedging that Zu Ti's powers will keep the present time as it was, but the memories of everyone who's still alive from the past would include the time travel adventure of FJ and BGG. 

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Spoiler

I think I may have seen a last page on Weibo, I don’t have the link. From I could see from Google translate. Feng Jiu thought she had been dreaming. From my guess, I suppose this whole experience was dismissed as a dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:
8 hours ago, Romulan said:

Im really wondering what effects these guys being in the past will have on the present?  

Excited to know about that too! :) I'm hedging that Zu Ti's powers will keep the present time as it was, but the memories of everyone who's still alive from the past would include the time travel adventure of FJ and BGG. 

Yes, interesting.  Is the LS book a complete book or TQ is still writing another one to conclude it? I wonder when this book was ended (CY ascended to heaven: 600 years ago or to PB period : at present) ? 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:
Spoiler
8 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:
  • FJ says that she’s envious of this couple and their wedding, DH asks what was wrong with theirs, FJ explains that he wasn’t there on their wedding day
  • FJ explains that he did offer to make it up to her, but she refused because she felt it would be weird if they were to have another wedding when the entire world already knew of their first one, and she’s already happy that she has him

I'm still saddened of what happened to that wedding. This may be their best chance to have their wedding ceremony, while in the past, when their son and their friends are with them. :blush:

@UnluckyWhiteCat Thanks so much for the new spoilers! :love:

Me too. It is still raw to me as I have been binge watched only ELOD in the past 3-4 months (several times LOL). I do wish they have 200 days wedding ceremony.   Poor FJ was pregnant, husband didn't turned up for wedding, gave birth and raised the child on her own for 200 years. That was really tough. I still think that the law of karma should apply to JH the same way she did to others at least should be equal to what Sujin got.

BGG is a rock for his mum :)

@UnluckyWhiteCat thank you so much for the summary.  

7 hours ago, Romulan said:

Im guessing that after FJ and BGG return to the present the memories of their time in the past are sealed for all who stay in the past until they return to the present. 

I hope this going back to the past will not mess up the future.

Can you imagine how DHDJ would feel if he would be lonely for the following 260,000 years after FJ goes back to the future. That must be the most miserable thing in his life. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Bring to 375F (191C) with candy thermometer and pour to the moulds

It was easier to find moulds for sorrowless pastry. But not so easy for fox moulds. Though I am impressed with the accuracy of the drawing

• Blob 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

spacer.png

Credit: Miz Lou

Sugar foxes, anyone?

Here's a recipe posted in FB:

2 cups sugar
2/3 corn syrup
1/4 water
desired flavor (optional)

Bring to 375F (191C) with candy thermometer and pour to the moulds

***Fox moulds from Lbeads

Recipe and photo: Miz Lou

Thank you! Ive been hunting for a recipe! Question in the drama it seems like honey is also suppose to be a part of the recipe -could that be substituted for part of the sugar?

This translation is the first page, so nothing really happens, it's mostly just the history of Tangqi's universe, most of which was also already written in Pillow Book. From an image posted directly on Tangqi's Weibo: 

2OhbkXG.jpg

Speaking of the prehistoric era, Heaven and Earth were in chaos, and like a chicken egg, an ancient god was nurtured in the chicken egg. Thus was the beginning of the gods. His name was Pangu. After God Pangu opened his eyes, unable to bear the chaos and haze, with his massive ax, he split apart the uncultivated Heaven and Earth that were still a single mass. From then on, the world of the Eight Realms was separated into Heaven and Earth. 

But after all, splitting Heaven and Earth was a feat that took a great deal of effort. Not long after Heaven and Earth had been separated, God Pangu died, having exhausted his power. After his death, his spiritual energy returned to Heaven and Earth, and the earliest gods were born. 

Of these gods, the most powerful, Fushen and Mushen, had their own spiritual knowledge. When they were born, they took on God Pangu’s mantle. Depending on Heaven to move the Four Seas, lay the Six Directions, and build the Eight Realms, after the chaotic world had separated Heaven and Earth, slowly, there was the sun, moon, stars, and time, and of course the four seasons; mountains and rivers, grasses and forests.

From this, the immortal’s world of the Four Seas and Eight Realms was born. After them were born from Heaven and Earth’s spiritual power the God Clan, Demon Clan, Ghost Clan, Monster Clan, and Human Clan, these five clans. These five clans coexisted in the Four Seas and Eight Realms, male and female together, living and multiplying. 

It could be said that in the 150,000 years since the emergence of the five clans, everyone actually lived rather harmoniously, but as the population of each clan grew, they each saw that their respective territories weren’t enough, and war erupted between the clans. But to speak of a War of Five Clans, it was actually only a war of the God Clan, Demon Clan, and Ghost Clan, those three clans. The Monster Clan and the Human Clan were very small and weak and could only depend on the other three clans to survive. In this long and drawn-out~~~, in this seemingly endless war, there was simply no discourse of power. ~~~~~~

---

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Yes, interesting.  Is the LS book a complete book or TQ is still writing another one to conclude it? I wonder when this book was ended (CY ascended to heaven: 600 years ago or to PB period : at present) ? 

There's another book that I believe she's planning on publishing in about a year. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

In an update late last year, the 3rd and 4th volume will be completed before CNY 2021. Assuming this timeline of TQ was followed, Lotus Steps is complete.

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I still think that the law of karma should apply to JH the same way she did to others at least should be equal to what Sujin got.

Took some time too before Sujin was punished for her misdeeds. Perhaps the real karma for JH was delayed? Ancestral Demon Lord Shao Wan would soon wake up. She and DH are besties. :)

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I hope this going back to the past will not mess up the future.

Can you imagine how DHDJ would feel if he would be lonely for the following 260,000 years after FJ goes back to the future. That must be the most miserable thing in his life. 

It might only take as long as what Lian Song said of BGG whom she followed in this time travel: 449 days to return to present time.

57 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Thank you! Ive been hunting for a recipe! Question in the drama it seems like honey is also suppose to be a part of the recipe -could that be substituted for part of the sugar?

Maybe it could, or as the desired flavour? The poster mentioned this is a true and tried recipe, but she's also experimenting like swapping portion of corn syrup to honey.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Romulan said:

So does the God clan later sub-divide into the Celestials, Dragon, Phoenix, Fox, and Bird Clans (Biya) along with the more minor animals that take human form after enough cultivation?

I see the God Clan as a kind of alliance (and this is more or less what is said in the Pillow Book extra Tangqi published; she says that some gods in the school allied themselves with each other, forming those cliques, and that carries over), one that is composed of all these other clans. The celestials might be another English translation used for the God Clan, was that from the drama? All the animals you've listed are each a clan on their own. We don't necessarily know whether all of these animals need to cultivate before being able to achieve human form. We only know that nine-tailed foxes are born in fox form and take a year before they can achieve human form, and that some immortals can be born from eggs. We haven't really been told what happens with the other animals yet, although A Li was born in human form, but that may have been because Bai Qian was Su Su at that time. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe it could, or as the desired flavour? The poster mentioned this is a true and tried recipe, but she's also experimenting like swapping portion of corn syrup to honey.

Ah. I was doing some googling.  Golden Syrup made from cane sugar is suppose to be a good substitute for corn syrup and be good for candy making -it says it tends to have a buttery or carmel style flavor (also is vegan if thats a factor).

Lyles Golden Syrup is considered ideal

https://smile.amazon.com/Lyles-Golden-Syrup-Bottles-Pack/dp/B00F746KYO/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=golden%2Bsyrup&qid=1612974742&sr=8-4&th=1

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Romulan said:

So does the God clan later sub-divide into the Celestials, Dragon, Phoenix, Fox, and Bird Clans (Biya) along with the more minor animals that take human form after enough cultivation?

In addition to @UnluckyWhiteCat's reply, here's a post from the blog with a graph on the immortal races and their relationship to each other. 

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/qing-qiu-heavenly-clan-demon-race-ghost-race-the-underworld

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hi,

I was wondering what does this actually mean? Extracted from the PB chapter 1. 

"At length, she softly replied, “My late husband once told me the strong 
exist to protect the weak.  If I do not save them, I'd be a weakling myself, 
then what rights would I have to protect my subjects?

Many years later, Donghua had not been able to forget Fengjiu's words. 
He wasn't sure what her words had meant.  He only knew this child had 
always made him feel dear although he didn't recognize who she was.  In 
his memory, the first time he ever saw her was by the Wangsheng shore 
near Qingqiu.  With wet hair as dark as sea kelps, she rode the waves and 
came ashore.  But he hadn't remembered her appearance then, in the same 
way he hadn’t remembered how the sunflowers had looked that day. "

What does he mean by many years later? Why not able to forget? Is it related to the plot for PB extra? Or am I reading too much into it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pesca said:

What does he mean by many years later? Why not able to forget? Is it related to the plot for PB extra? Or am I reading too much into it?

Though DH had already seen FJ at the wedding, what she did and her answer to his question on why she would save her subjects from the Chiyan beast was the first time she made an impression to him. This was when he had his true first "sight" of her. 

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Next one~

1vMWPNg.jpg

Fengjiu let out a laugh, cutting Fei Wei off. “What are you so anxious for? I’ve never thought that he was using me. If it were just to draw out Fu Ying, he could just have his most powerful subordinate marry. Wouldn’t that achieve the same result? There’s no need to move the King of the Heavenly trees here. He is a respected god of the Eight Realms, the stabilizing force of the world.” She smiled slightly. “Do you know that in 260,000 years, as long as Dijun remains in Taichen Palace, no one in the Four Clans on Heaven and Earth will dare to act rashly. What I admire and adore has never been a god who could simply ask for the love of men and women. He carries the world on his shoulders. I’ve always understood this.”

Fei Wei was dazed. “Empress, you…”

The red-robed maiden raised her eyes to the distant horizon, in the direction of the Northern Realm. “Dijun already treats me as well as he is able to. In the past, I’ve said that the Dijun 260,000 years from now is the best Dijun, but that’s not right.” A tender affection appeared in her eyes. “Dijun at any time is the best Dijun.” 

Fei Wei was quiet for a moment. He finally understood why, in the Eight Realms, there were numerous women who admired Dijun, but only this girl could make Dijun treat her so differently. Beautiful but not bewitching [妖: the word as used here doesn’t necessarily mean ‘monster’ or ‘demon,’ but with the context, this translation is the closest I can get because it seems to have a little bit of a negative connotation here], intelligent but not cunning, understanding the truth, and good at observing other’s expectations. 

In these Eight Realms, there may never be another person as suitable for Dijun as she was, who could match Dijun so well. 

Without realizing it, Fei Wei smiled, suddenly feeling a little relieved. 

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

What I admire and adore has never been a god who could simply ask for the love of men and women. He carries the world on his shoulders. I’ve always understood this.”

Even if FJ is still a "little girl", she has always understood that when it comes to the good of all realms, she will never hold back DH.

This kind of "understanding" has always set her apart from others who had sought, even demanded, DH's affections.

43 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

In these Eight Realms, there may never be another person as suitable for Dijun as she was, who could match Dijun so well.

Without realizing it, Fei Wei smiled, suddenly feeling a little relieved. 

Ah, Fei Wei, they had a lot of  misunderstandings and even separated for hundreds of years. But the love they have for each other would defy anything that comes their way, and eventually reunite them.

××××÷÷÷÷××××

Hoping that more details would come out about Fu Ying.

• Like 2
  • Love 2