[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Spoiler
4 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

FJ eventually remembers what really happened, remembers the conversation with Liansong, that BGG could come back in 449 days, but FJ is worried, so she follows BGG too

The twists to the time travel are getting revealed. :) I must say, the magic arts of that immortal is powerful.

Still LOL over what Lian Song said to that immortal about his half father and his beautiful young wife. :lol:

@ChibiLy the one constant whenever they meet. :wub:

• Wiggle 1

Here we find out what DH's excuse is for not letting BGG sleep with his mother: 

uUnnFKh.jpg

… leaned over and pressed her down. Blood rushing to her face, she immediately guessed what might happen next. “Your injuries…” The man’s forehead pressed against hers, as though he thought that she was cute for still worrying about his injuries at this time. He smiled. “It’s nothing.” Then he caressed her lips, and in the tent’s hazy light, kissed her again. 

Outside the bedchamber, Fei Wei stopped Bai Gungun, who had excitedly rushed here to see his father when he’d heard that Dijun had come back. 

Fei Wei really didn’t know how he should explain to Gungun that he couldn’t enter the room right now, and not just right now, but perhaps not for the entire night. Just as he was racking his brain, he saw Gungun’s look of contemplation. “Is father helping Jiujiu make up lessons again?” 

Fei Wei froze for a moment. “Make up, make up classes?”

Gungun nodded. “This kind of thing is very normal. A lot of the time, when I go to look for Jiujiu at night, brother Zhonglin always says that father is helping Jiujiu make up lessons and that I can’t disturb them.” He let out a helpless sigh. “Then Jiujiu’s Fuzi is really too strict. If she can’t keep up with her schoolwork, she’ll be punished harshly by her Fuzi. Father helping her make up her lessons is very important. I understand.”

---

Gungun is just too precious. 

:sweet:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

brother Zhonglin always says that father is helping Jiujiu make up lessons and that I can’t disturb them.”

Fei Wei, thank your grand child Zhong Lin!  Fortunately,  BGG is little DH, calm and doesn't fuss.

:approves:

3 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

“Then Jiujiu’s Fuzi is really too strict. If she can’t keep up with her schoolwork, she’ll be punished harshly by her Fuzi. Father helping her make up her lessons is very important. I understand.”

Poor Fuzi! :joy:

Back to this:

Spoiler

Can it be possible that during that time, Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi were both courting future Fox Queen?

9 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:
  • BGG tells them that his mother is Bai Zhi's granddaughter
  • Zheyan spits his tea all over BGG

If he was, what a way to find out who'd be successful in this rivalry.:sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It seems like DJinn has decided there is no reason to wait a couple hundred centuries. She is his wife after all. --lol. 

Poor BGG! hey maybe he ll get some cool lessons in the past that are lost secrets in the present? I cant wait until he has a chance to find A'Li and tell him whats going on.  

Thank you for the updates!!! 

• Wiggle 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:
Spoiler

Can it be possible that during that time, Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi were both courting future Fox Queen?

Spoiler

I didn't hear that, although it is possible that I skipped over it cause she was reading kind of fast. I believe that the reaction was specifically over BGG being DH's son. Although wouldn't that be hilarious? Now if it didn't happen, I wish BGG had told Zheyan!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

It seems like DJinn has decided there is no reason to wait a couple hundred centuries. She is his wife after all. --lol. 

Poor BGG! hey maybe he ll get some cool lessons in the past that are lost secrets in the present? I cant wait until he has a chance to find A'Li and tell him whats going on.  

Thank you for the updates!!! 

FJ is irresistible to DH. I wonder if FJ was born in that era, how many children they must have by now!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/9/2021 at 5:19 AM, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Next bit: 

Gungun nodded respectfully, but continued to worry for her. “But right now father is treating you a little coldly, Jiujiu. If he doesn’t want to get along with you, what are you going to do, Jiujiu?”

Fengjiu remained unperturbed. “There’s no ‘what am I going to do.’ As long as he takes care of our food and shelter, it’s enough.” She smiled. “I just want to see exactly what your father was like when he was young. I don’t at all care whether the him of right now will get along with me or not because, anyway, I’ve already gotten the best Dijun at the most suitable time!”

Gungun didn’t really understand. Fengjiu smiled and stroked his head.

It was just that, at this moment, Fengjiu didn’t understand that there was no such thing as the most suitable time or the best Dijun, because Dijun at any time was the best Dijun.

---

Isn't Gungun so sweet? :')

This is why I love FJ. She doesn't get hysterical and usually try to understand from DH's perspective. 

It is super sweet how BGG is worried for FJ. BGG have not realised how irresistible FJ is to DH. BGG is lucky to have only seen the affectionate DH. 

This reminds me of the drama when DH and FJ was looking at her wedding gown. They were so affectionate together, but as soon as the Lord Underworld appeared, DH reverted back to the emotionless DHDJ. 

That scene highlighted how different DH is with FJ. I got so use to watching the jealous and affectionate DH in Aranya's Dream, that seeing his usual self was a shock.

• Like 5

On 2/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, MayanEcho said:

When it was time to get out of bed the next day, Fengjiu was unable to get up.      

The day following the next day, in the early morning when it was time to get out of bed, Fengjiu was still tragically unable to get up. (APB2, p303) 

Bihai Cangling take 2. :P

It's been a long while that I've been on this forum lol

So much to catch up!

What is (APB2)? It's not the original pillow book right?

9 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

DH doesn’t throw her off the bed and instead notices that she must have drank a lot of his blood and the ring on her finger

How did he know that?

i wonder if Dong Hua is wondering either he really loved his wife to give her so much, or else wondered if there is another reason she has a ring made of heart tissue...

28 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

It's been a long while that I've been on this forum lol

So much to catch up!

What is (APB2)? It's not the original pillow book right?

It's the annotated version of the two volumes of PB. :)

23 minutes ago, Megan said:

How did he know that?

i wonder if Dong Hua is wondering either he really loved his wife to give her so much, or else wondered if there is another reason she has a ring made of heart tissue...

He might have sensed that her cultivation is not entirely hers, and the heart ring was a part of him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's the annotated version of the two volumes of PB. :)

I looked into the page no. (APB2 Pg 303) but it wasn't the same quote mention on the post...

Is there a new translated version? I remember in the past there was "A" before the "PB"

17 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

I looked into the page no. (APB2 Pg 303) but it wasn't the same quote mention on the post...

Is there a new translated version? I remember in the past there was "A" before the "PB"

The pagination would be different for the annotated version, in comparison to  Hamster, et al's original translation. For the annotated PB2 p303, that quote would be in p415.

The annotated volumes has what were found (to date) missing when Hamster's version was compared to the original text, additional notes/clarifications, and rewriting of some sentences to be as close to what was written in Mandarin. Many of it were previously discussed in the thread's pages. The annotations were done by @UnluckyWhiteCat :) 

• Like 1

Hey if there is a good English Translation of the Pillow Book -just point me in the direction!

Im really wondering what effects these guys being in the past will have on the present?  

Could Present DJinn get jealous of young DJinn? lol..

You know that one short extra on the blog is now making more sense.

• Like 2

The annotated volumes has what were found (to date) missing when Hamster's version was compared to the original text, additional notes/clarifications, and rewriting of some sentences to be as close to what was written in Mandarin. Many of it were previously discussed in the thread's pages. The annotations were done by @UnluckyWhiteCat :) 

Thanks for the clarifications!!!

BTW does anyone know where to get their hands on the actual new books in Canada? I found a site but it cost 60usd to ship it to me... plus the cost of the book 50usd... I don't feel like paying that much for a book that originally cost 30china yen...

Or even if there is a online reading version even better for me...lol

This one is chapter 5+6 spoilers for the extra: 

Spoiler
  • Fei Wei talks to BGG, who tells him that DH changes the scenery in the Holy Blue Sea according to a drawing FJ does of what she wants (the one from the future), after saying that she has bad taste
  • Fei Wei thinks that Dijun has been hard to serve lately, for example Dijun develops his curiosity about cooking here and becomes more picky
  • Fei Wei realizes that it’s because of FJ
  • DH has been teasing FJ, Fei Wei guesses that it might be because he likes her (following old patterns now are we? XD )
  • Strife begins to stir in the world, lots of fairies have to come ask DH before he finally agrees to leave the Holy Blue Sea
  • FJ wants to take BGG to Zhangwei mountain very far away to play, so Fei Wei tells DH, and DH says he has something to do in the area and will go with them (trying to spend time with her)
  • FJ is captured because she doesn’t have her cultivation back yet, they start questioning her about why she wound up somewhere and who she is, and she tells them that she’s DH’s personal maid, DH intervenes and asks why they don’t just directly ask him
    • DH says that she’s not his maid, that she’s his wife, and dismisses everyone
  • News that DH has a wife inevitably spreads, and that night, a demon girl sneaks into their room, and FJ is curious because of what Zheyan told her in the past, so they start chatting
  • Demon girls were climbing into DH’s bed for several hundred years (did anyone else think it was actually longer than that? Like at least a couple thousand?)
  • Snippet I translated concerning the demon girl and FJ’s chat ensues
  • Snippet I translated about the formations class
  • Talks about what happened seven months prior after they left Zhangwei Mountain; DH returns to Jiuchongtian and retrieves the Heaven’s Beginning formation that Fushen sealed away and forced some god (named Fu Yin possibly) back to the Northern Realm within half a month
  • FJ goes to attend a wedding on the battlefield (not Chu Yi’s wedding), FJ gets drunk, DH arrives, and FJ plasters herself to him, they argue over who’s taking advantage of who, and FJ acquiesces that it’s her
    • FJ asks DH why he never let her go to the battlefield before and why he suddenly let her, he says that it was too dangerous before and it’s safer now and there’s a wedding ceremony that he thought she would enjoy
    • FJ says that she’s envious of this couple and their wedding, DH asks what was wrong with theirs, FJ explains that he wasn’t there on their wedding day
    • FJ explains that he did offer to make it up to her, but she refused because she felt it would be weird if they were to have another wedding when the entire world already knew of their first one, and she’s already happy that she has him

I'm nearly caught up on what the reader of the audiobook has posted so far, so we might have to wait a little longer to find out what happens in the next bit if she doesn't post another section soon~

• Love 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

BTW does anyone know where to get their hands on the actual new books in Canada? I found a site but it cost 60usd to ship it to me... plus the cost of the book 50usd... I don't feel like paying that much for a book that originally cost 30china yen...

Or even if there is a online reading version even better for me...lol

The original books (in Mandarin) might be available through eBay or your local Amazon. The newly launched Lotus Steps vol 1 and the Pillow Book extra might be available only after a few months. 

Another option is if you have someone in China who can shop and courier the books for you. 

21 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Im really wondering what effects these guys being in the past will have on the present?  

Excited to know about that too! :) I'm hedging that Zu Ti's powers will keep the present time as it was, but the memories of everyone who's still alive from the past would include the time travel adventure of FJ and BGG. 

• Like 2

The original books (in Mandarin) might be available through eBay or your local Amazon. The newly launched Lotus Steps vol 1 and the Pillow Book extra might be available only after a few months. 

Another option is if you have someone in China who can shop and courier the books for you.

Just looking for the new ones haha not that lucky to have anyone in china haha

13 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Fei Wei thinks that Dijun has been hard to serve lately, for example Dijun develops his curiosity about cooking here and becomes more picky

In other words, Feng Jiu’s cooking really is the best.

it’s so sweet how quickly he falls for her. Though didn’t she already have 200 weddings?

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

In other words, Feng Jiu’s cooking really is the best.

it’s so sweet how quickly he falls for her. Though didn’t she already have 200 weddings?

No, if you read the last bit of my last post, as it turns out, they didn't.

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Excited to know about that too! :) I'm hedging that Zu Ti's powers will keep the present time as it was, but the memories of everyone who's still alive from the past would include the time travel adventure of FJ and BGG.

I agree! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
42 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Fei Wei thinks that Dijun has been hard to serve lately, for example Dijun develops his curiosity about cooking here and becomes more picky

Oh no! :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

Dijun cooking = :skull:  Si Ming would be very grateful he isn't there, too!  Hahaha!

Spoiler
  • Fei Wei realizes that it’s because of FJ
  • DH has been teasing FJ, Fei Wei guesses that it might be because he likes her (following old patterns now are we? XD )

Zhong Lin's intuition is from his grandfather. And of course, some things would never change. :joy:

Spoiler

FJ plasters herself to him, they argue over who’s taking advantage of who, and FJ acquiesces that it’s her

LMAO!  Isn't this a repeat of "who embraced first?"

Spoiler
  • FJ says that she’s envious of this couple and their wedding, DH asks what was wrong with theirs, FJ explains that he wasn’t there on their wedding day
  • FJ explains that he did offer to make it up to her, but she refused because she felt it would be weird if they were to have another wedding when the entire world already knew of their first one, and she’s already happy that she has him

I'm still saddened of what happened to that wedding. This may be their best chance to have their wedding ceremony, while in the past, when their son and their friends are with them. :blush:

@UnluckyWhiteCat Thanks so much for the new spoilers! :love:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1