[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I wonder how the generals would react to Feng Jiu in the pillow book bonus

which bonus? 

also can you give me the recipe for the sorrowless cakes?

Has anyone come up with a recipe to match FJ (not DH!!!!)'s version of sweet and sour fish?

** Freely admit to wanting to make a full meal out of TMPB and ELOD foods.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, ipohtown said:

Yes! .. I’ll be here supporting them. :heart:

But which actress for Cheng Yu?

and which actor for Zhe Lan?

But yes ... hey Id be willing to wait longer for the full story novel if it were to first be a screenplay that Tenchen did!!

PS I heard somewhere that Chinese censors now limit series to only have 40 eps in a season -is that true?  If so, is there a reason ?  or can that be handled by having 2 seasons or something like that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

which bonus? 

Has anyone come up with a recipe to match FJ (not DH!!!!)'s version of sweet and sour fish?

** Freely admit to wanting to make a full meal out of TMPB and ELOD foods.

But yes ... hey Id be willing to wait longer for the full story novel if it were to first be a screenplay that Tenchen did!!

PS I heard somewhere that Chinese censors now limit series to only have 40 eps in a season -is that true?  If so, is there a reason ?  or can that be handled by having 2 seasons or something like that?

Some how this reminds me of Vengo cooking sweet and sour fish. I wonder how it actually taste in person. I probably trust Vengo's cooking as much as I trust DH's :lol:

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@MayanEcho and @ChibiLy I second your thoughts on why DH became emperor. At that time it was the most sensible thing to do, because no one in their right mind would dare challenge that decision. 

DH worked himself up and earned the respect of other powerful men (his generals for example) I think Lian Song inadvertently sums it up pretty wel in ELOD and Pillowbook. :) 

Lian Song would have been an amazing general under DH during the unification period.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Chapter 7 spoilers: 

Spoiler
  • Brief history of how DH came to be adopted by Zhi’he’s parents
  • Chu Yi of the Spirit Crane Clan (this explains that spirit crane bit in a previous translation, and I might have to alter my translation slightly with this new information, but it’s referring to how the clan won’t be able to break them apart anymore), and say that Chu Yi has feelings for him in a letter, they want her to marry DH, so they try to convince DH to accept based off of DH’s adoption by Zhi’he’s parents
  • BGG doesn’t understand, so Fei Wei explains to BGG what 平妻 means, that it means that Chu Yi also wants to be BGG’s mother, which upsets BGG, but FJ tells him not to be upset
  • FJ and Chu Yi go missing and as it turns out, as told to Fei Wei by BGG, Chu Yi actually has someone else she’s in love with and admitted it to FJ, so FJ felt bad for her and opened up the Holy Blue Sea to let Chu Yi leave, but goes with her
  • They can’t find FJ for two days, when DH finds her, she is talking to Chu Yi and telling her not to be sad, that she’s already quite fortunate because her husband is with her for their wedding and there are ladies out there whose husbands don’t show up on their wedding nights (aww… FJ… ☹)
  • FJ faints, DH enters and finds her and the ensuing conversation including the translated snippet occurs
  • Snippet where DH tells FJ that her wedding will be that night
  • Directly after, FJ asks, “Mine? Mine with who?” 
  • DH answers: “Aside from me, who else would you want to marry?”
  • FJ realizes that DH probably heard what she was saying to Chu Yi the night before and is trying to give her a make-up wedding now, and tries to explain to him that she doesn’t really expect anything from him, that she doesn’t really need it
  • DH answers that this wedding isn’t because of anything she asked of him, but because he wants to give it to her
  • Something about a Heavenly tree having some significance at the Tianjun’s weddings, and the tree having been moved to the battlefield
  • Wedding ceremony
  • Fu Ying uses the wedding ceremony time to deploy troops, and DH uses his blood to set up a force field, and very calmly finishes the ceremony
  • FJ converses with Fei Wei, guesses that DH knew that Fu Ying would attack during the ceremony and used that against him, but Fei Wei thinks that it causes FJ to think that he was using her
  • Fei Wei tells her that although he did use their wedding, he had actually been preparing for their wedding since the first one she saw on the battlefield when she told him she was envious of the couple
  • FJ laughs and tells Fei Wei that she wasn’t thinking that DH was using her, that he could just have had his most powerful subordinate marry if that was his intention, and he would have achieved the same result
  • Fei Wei realizes why DH fell for FJ and feels relieved

I'm going to be a bit busy in the coming weeks and might not have time to finish my spoilers or those other translations for at least a little bit, but I'll try to do it when I have the time. I'll get it done eventually. :) 

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Chapter 7 spoilers: 

Hide contents
  • Chu Yi of the Spirit Crane Clan (this explains that spirit crane bit in a previous translation, and I might have to alter my translation slightly with this new information, but it’s referring to how the clan won’t be able to break them apart anymore), and say that Chu Yi has feelings for him in a letter, they want her to marry DH, so they try to convince DH to accept based off of DH’s adoption by Zhi’he’s parents
  • BGG doesn’t understand, so Fei Wei explains to BGG what 平妻 means, that it means that Chu Yi also wants to be BGG’s mother, which upsets BGG, but FJ tells him not to be upset
  • FJ and Chu Yi go missing and as it turns out, as told to Fei Wei by BGG, Chu Yi actually has someone else she’s in love with and admitted it to FJ, so FJ felt bad for her and opened up the Holy Blue Sea to let Chu Yi leave, but goes with her
  • They can’t find FJ for two days, when DH finds her, she is talking to Chu Yi and telling her not to be sad, that she’s already quite fortunate because her husband is with her for their wedding and there are ladies out there whose husbands don’t show up on their wedding nights (aww… FJ… ☹)
  • FJ faints, DH enters and finds her and the ensuing conversation including the translated snippet occurs
  • FJ realizes that DH probably heard what she was saying to Chu Yi the night before and is trying to give her a make-up wedding now, and tries to explain to him that she doesn’t really expect anything from him, that she doesn’t really need it
  • DH answers that this wedding isn’t because of anything she asked of him, but because he wants to give it to her
  • Something about a Heavenly tree having some significance at the Tianjun’s weddings, and the tree having been moved to the battlefield
  • Wedding ceremony
  • Fu Ying uses the wedding ceremony time to deploy troops, and DH uses his blood to set up a force field, and very calmly finishes the ceremony
  • FJ converses with Fei Wei, guesses that DH knew that Fu Ying would attack during the ceremony and used that against him, but Fei Wei thinks that it causes FJ to think that he was using her
  • Fei Wei tells her that although he did use their wedding, he had actually been preparing for their wedding since the first one she saw on the battlefield when she told him she was envious of the couple
  • FJ laughs and tells Fei Wei that she wasn’t thinking that DH was using her, that he could just have had his most powerful subordinate marry if that was his intention, and he would have achieved the same result

I'm going to be a bit busy in the coming weeks and might not have time to finish my spoilers or those other translations for at least a little bit, but I'll try to do it when I have the time. I'll get it done eventually. :) 

I still don’t understand what this has to do with Dong Hua’s adoption, but does this mean they wanted Chu Yi to be Gun Gun’s stepmom despite knowing Feng Jiu is already there???

Here's the post for the recipe

Cheng Yu can either be the actresses that played her, or somebody who can believably go from a young innocent to fierce. Just my opinion, Li Qin can do it (Chuner in Princess Agent). :)

If Lian Song isn't the same actor, perhaps Shawn Duo or Lin Gengxin?

Zhe Lan, you meant 16th? He might possibly make an appearance again in Mo Yuan's story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

I still don’t understand what this has to do with Dong Hua’s adoption, but does this mean they wanted Chu Yi to be Gun Gun’s stepmom despite knowing Feng Jiu is already there???

I think its assumed that FJ and BGG will have to return to the future so... a wedding current time could help with current alliances -etc -etc.

@UnluckyWhiteCat, thank you for all the translations. We understand how real life can interfere! 

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Cheng Yu can either be the actresses that played her, or somebody who can believably go from a young innocent to fierce. Just my opinion, Li Qin can do it (Chuner in Princess Agent). :)

If Lian Song isn't the same actor, perhaps Shawn Duo or Lin Gengxin?

Zhe Lan, you meant 16th? He might possibly make an appearance again in Mo Yuan's story.

Ack we need Lian Song to be the same actor (Si Ming too! they are as linked in as Vengo and Dil. Definitely would need Mark Chao!

Zhe Lan aka our Peach Blossom wine making, expert healer Phoenix! 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, Romulan said:

think its assumed that FJ and BGG will have to return to the future so... a wedding current time could help with current alliances -etc -etc.

So Chu Yi would technically be Dong Hua’s first wife...that was their plan?

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Zhe Lan aka our Peach Blossom wine making, expert healer Phoenix! 

The old phoenix is Zhe Yan :)

45 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Ack we need Lian Song to be the same actor (Si Ming too! they are as linked in as Vengo and Dil. Definitely would need Mark Chao!

Hoping too that they can all return to their roles!

Spoiler
1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

BGG doesn’t understand, so Fei Wei explains to BGG what 平妻 means, that it means that Chu Yi also wants to be BGG’s mother, which upsets BGG, but FJ tells him not to be upset

Aww, he's loyal to his mother. FJ is understanding because this, and perhaps others more, are all in the past life of DH. Huh, this also tells how attractive he is for alliances through marriage. Something again that doesn't change.

Spoiler

Don't give the wrong answer FJ! :lol:

Spoiler

Fei Wei tells her that although he did use their wedding, he had actually been preparing for their wedding since the first one she saw on the battlefield when she told him she was envious of the couple

Again, some things never change. Glad that this time, even though it is in the past, they finally have their wedding ceremony. :wub:

• Like 3

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

I am back in action for the blog! Watch this space. I have something that I will be posting in the next 24 hours! I hope you will enjoy it! I have also ordered the newly published Lotus Step Book 1 and the 5,000 novella outtake of the pillow book! We will also be translating it for everyone's enjoyement!.

LOVE!

Ninky!

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

I am back in action for the blog! Watch this space. I have something that I will be posting in the next 24 hours! I hope you will enjoy it! I have also ordered the newly published Lotus Step Book 1 and the 5,000 novella outtake of the pillow book! We will also be translating it for everyone's enjoyement!.

LOVE!

Ninky!

How are you, we missed you! :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ninky said:

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

LOVE!

Ninky!

Hooray, the blog lead me here!  The more Eng translations the better! (hooray!!!!)  --can the recipes get added to the blog too? :)  I plan to try out the fox recipe once my molds arrive!

• Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hooray, the blog lead me here!  The more Eng translations the better! (hooray!!!!)  --can the recipes get added to the blog too? :)  I plan to try out the fox recipe once my molds arrive!

Recipes? Explain?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Recipes? Explain?

Recently in this thread there has been talk about the fox candies that FengJiu makes as well as the sorrowless cakes.

Sorrowless cakes:

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Fox Candies

On 2/10/2021 at 8:18 AM, MayanEcho said:

Credit: Miz Lou

Sugar foxes, anyone?

Here's a recipe posted in FB:

2 cups sugar
2/3 corn syrup
1/4 water
desired flavor (optional)

Bring to 375F (191C) with candy thermometer and pour to the moulds

***Fox moulds from Lbeads

Recipe and photo: Miz Lou

On 2/10/2021 at 3:06 PM, MoonPrincess said:

Got mine on alixpress and chinaglobalmall.com
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0puqZv

it's lot cheaper on alixpress.

I was doing some googling.  Golden Syrup made from cane sugar is suppose to be a good substitute for corn syrup and be good for candy making -it says it tends to have a buttery or carmel style flavor (also is vegan if thats a factor).

Lyles Golden Syrup is considered ideal

https://smile.amazon.com/Lyles-Golden-Syrup-Bottles-Pack/dp/B00F746KYO/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=golden%2Bsyrup&qid=1612974742&sr=8-4&th=1

I d love to find a good version of the sweet and sour fish that Fengjiu makes!

Others were wondering what type of cake FJ made for LS.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Chapter 7 spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Wedding ceremony

Thanks for the awesome summary. We appreciate how you spend time to post the new summary, even though you are busy.

Honestly,  FJ demonstrate time and again why she is so compatible for DH. FJ is low maintenance and understands how DH thinks. 

This DH must think what good taste the future DH has to marry FJ.

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

HELLO MY DARLINGS!

LOVE!

Ninky!

So great to see you back Nicky. Glad you are doing well. Looking forward to the new update :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Actually when I think on the chapter 7 spoiler...was their wedding ruined by Fuying?

it kind of ruins the wedding romance when you realize Dong Hua was using the 2 birds; 1 stone method to give Feng Jiu a (disrupted) wedding and defeat Fuying...

25 minutes ago, Megan said:

Actually when I think on the chapter 7 spoiler...was their wedding ruined by Fuying?

it kind of ruins the wedding romance when you realize Dong Hua was using the 2 birds; 1 stone method to give Feng Jiu a (disrupted) wedding and defeat Fuying...

Or you may think DH knows FJ would be up for the excitement!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Was she? She isn’t a coward. But I don’t think she wanted her wedding interrupted.

I think chapter 7 spoiler demonstrates how FJ does not mind not having a perfect wedding. She only cares that DH loves her and is happy to be with him.  Also, remember how FJ does not care much for ceremony. The ultimate concern for her is to make sure Dh is safe. So not having a perfect wedding may not be a big issue for her, as long as DH defeats the enemy and is safe.  

• Like 3