Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Megan said:

What I find myself annoyed with is how Bai Qian never retrieves her stuff and always too late.

she should have recovered her face when Xuan Nu rubbed the soul jade in her face. But nope. She just walked out after declaring her and the purple palace enemies. And in the end, Xuan Nu gets the opportunity to kidnap Ali and MY.

she should have taken back her eyes once she became a goddess. Hell, even Zhe Yan commented on her eye status. But nope, Bai Qian decides to forget everything and her own eye injury allows Xuan Nu’s soldiers to stab her.

lesson to learn from Bai Qian; administer justice swiftly or it will bite you back.

 

You have to consider the situation that time. BQ was first and foremost a Kunlun disciple and follower of MY, not a Qing Qiu princess, and certainly not a member of the white nine-tailed fox tribe. Not even as the young sister-in-law of Xuan Nu's eldest sister 

 

BQ was gravely injured at the Roushui river war, and she's already weakened by feeding MY her heart's blood. She was also in Ghoul realm; hence, she can not attack the Ghoul Queen in their own territories. Moreover, she can not have a fight as well with Xuan Nu because at that time, there was a recently forged truce between the ghouls and the celestials.

 

BQ can not cause issues between tribes over the soul jade stone that Li Jin denied he has. 

 

If BQ was willing to forget even Ali, her newborn, due to the agony of her failed relationship with YH, she will not give much considerations of her eyes stolen from her, even if ZY said something about it.

 

Anyhow, as Kunlun bred warrior, BQ might have been stabbed, but she alone still killed all the soldiers and was about to do the same with Xuan Nu when YH and Li Jing arrived.

 

As for justice, even if swiftly served, it is no justice if it was administered wrongly or untimely. BQ was wronged, and she deserves to collect from Xuan Nu and Su Jin. It was way more satisfying though that Xuan Nu is punished by Li Jing, the man she claimed to have done everything she did for him. The same with Su Jin, when Tianjun himself had to decide what would be her punishments.

 

2 hours ago, Megan said:

anyway, Xuan Nu is not satisfied with her own beauty and wants to be the most beautiful. In a weird way, what she did was probably face surgery. I read in China Rich Girlfriend that Kitty’s husband got surgery to look like a celebrity. It failed.

Oh, yeah, for ELOD ep um...was it 4? Anyway, do you think Zhihe can actually make the sorrowless pastry now? Seems like it. I wonder how it will get out that Feng Jiu is the original maker....

 

The magic ZY and BQ taught Xuan Nu either gives the glamour of having the same face, or her features rearranges to resemble the face she wants.

 

Zhi He can make the sorrowless pastry after FJ taught her. However, the difference is with how the person feels as they eat the pastry. Lian Song told her himself, that the pastry was excellent, but he still feels the sorrow. 

 

The maids and ZH knew FJ made the first batch of that sorrowless pastry. As for whether it would be known that ZH grabbed the credit - Lian Song already implied that, right? Because ZH could not duplicate the sorrowless feel. There's no need to tell her that she did not make the truly sorrowless pastries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Zhi He can make the sorrowless pastry after FJ taught her. However, the difference is with how the person feels as they eat the pastry. Lian Song told her himself, that the pastry was excellent, but he still feels the sorrow. 

 

The maids and ZH knew FJ made the first batch of that sorrowless pastry. As for whether it would be known that ZH grabbed the credit - Lian Song already implied that, right? Because ZH could not duplicate the sorrowless feel. There's no need to tell her that she did not make the truly sorrowless pastries.

But it was after they went to the lake to collect the roots that The Maid said Zhihe had successfully made them.

Finished episode 5. It’s interesting. While Dong Hua was saddened by Meng Hao’s passing, he never shed a tear. When Feng Jiu rejects him, he tears up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Megan said:

But it was after they went to the lake to collect the roots that The Maid said Zhihe had successfully made them.

Finished episode 5. It’s interesting. While Dong Hua was saddened by Meng Hao’s passing, he never shed a tear. When Feng Jiu rejects him, he tears up....

 

Was it really a success for cooking the pastry? ZH didn't get to make sorrowless pastry again after that, right? Watch EP 3 again. Yu Ru was praising her for successfully getting the Yushi flower root from Sea of Rebirth.

 

It was FJ's fish that ZH was planning to pass off as hers again. But because she wanted to preen first before she goes to the kitchen, DH's nose had beaten ZH and found out who was cooking the carp.

 

DH respects Meng Hao as one of the best generals during his unification campaign. One can be sad for somebody who passes away, but not necessarily be that affected emotionally to shed tears. 

 

FJ will be the first and foremost reason why DH will cry, as she's the one he loves.

 

Meng Hao and Feng Jiu are not at all comparable when it comes on who has the affections and heart of DH.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food for thought:

Dong Hua was staring at his future wife sleeping as a cute fox. Even he can’t resist her in her full cuteness. Then he turns around for one second, and suddenly that blasted Xiao Yan is there cuddling the queen. It makes you wonder whether Dong Hua was wishing they would switch places.

what was in those letters that could cause the demon and ghoul clans to search for the missing bride? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

Dong Hua was staring at his future wife sleeping as a cute fox. Even he can’t resist her in her full cuteness. Then he turns around for one second, and suddenly that blasted Xiao Yan is there cuddling the queen. It makes you wonder whether Dong Hua was wishing they would switch places.

what was in those letters that could cause the demon and ghoul clans to search for the missing bride? 

 

High Deity Bai Qian expressed admiration for Dijun's methods. She said when Dijun couldn't find her in Qingqiu that day, he instantly returned to Jiuchongtian and seized two royal mandates from Tianjun, then had the elderly fairies send them in conjunction with the Yupu seal from Taichen Palace to the Demon Clan and the Ghoul Clan. As soon as the seven Demon Lords and Ghoul King Lijing received his order, they at once helped to search for her within their respective territory. Bai Qian had no idea what was exactly written in those mandates. (PB2, 441) 

 

Those would be mandates from Tianjun to the leaders of the vassal territories of Demon and Ghoul realms to search Bai Feng Jiu, reinforced by the Tai Chen palace Yupu seal.

 

Why from Tianjun, and not directly Dong Hua? It is because Tianjun is the ruler of Heaven, and the vassal states of the Demons and Ghouls. These two tribes lost in the wars, so they're under celestials even if they have self-government. 

 

Bai Qian says she doesn't know the exact contents of the mandates. We can only guess, but it would surely be orders the ghouls and demons can never refuse. One thing for sure, the ghouls and demons were obliged to report any sightings of FJ in their realms, or any clues they might have found of her whereabouts.

  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched episode 6. It is kind of an unpleasant realization to know that I can’t exactly blame Dong Hua for scolding Feng Jiu here.

His pet fox bit a friendly princess. And had been unfriendly toward Jiheng ever since she arrived.

i know Jiheng was wrong to steal credit, but I also can’t deny that she did try to rekindle friendship with Feng Jiu. 
The good thing about this episode is that Feng Jiu finally wakes up! She can’t be Dong Hua’s girlfriend when she is a pet!!! Though I admit, the fact that she keeps trying to cling to Dong Hua when he is engaged was kind of irksome. There are more important things to think about. Like running away from a snow lion instead of reaching for a collar! Or leaving a palace when it becomes clear her crush is getting married, not trying to impress him by fixing his drawing.

i just don’t like how these girls keep trying to win over a boy when it is clear he likes someone else. For example, later when Jiheng tries to sabotage a relationship when it becomes clear a Dong Hua likes Feng Jiu. or when Zhihe keeps butting in after wedding announcements.
Seriously, just move on! Don’t become obsessive. It will ruin you.

But then, love is love. At least Feng Jiu finally came to her senses and knew it was time to go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Megan said:

Just watched episode 6. It is kind of an unpleasant realization to know that I can’t exactly blame Dong Hua for scolding Feng Jiu here.

His pet fox bit a friendly princess. And had been unfriendly toward Jiheng ever since she arrived.

i know Jiheng was wrong to steal credit, but I also can’t deny that she did try to rekindle friendship with Feng Jiu. 
The good thing about this episode is that Feng Jiu finally wakes up! She can’t be Dong Hua’s girlfriend when she is a pet!!! Though I admit, the fact that she keeps trying to cling to Dong Hua when he is engaged was kind of irksome. There are more important things to think about. Like running away from a snow lion instead of reaching for a collar! Or leaving a palace when it becomes clear her crush is getting married, not trying to impress him by fixing his drawing.

i just don’t like how these girls keep trying to win over a boy when it is clear he likes someone else. For example, later when Jiheng tries to sabotage a relationship when it becomes clear a Dong Hua likes Feng Jiu. or when Zhihe keeps butting in after wedding announcements.
Seriously, just move on! Don’t become obsessive. It will ruin you.

But then, love is love. At least Feng Jiu finally came to her senses and knew it was time to go. 

 

Understandably, FJ wasn't willing to be friends with JH as she thought she'll have the chance to gain DH's love after 3 years.

 

Also, she was in the lotus land. She had seen how DH and JH interacted. So if she harboured some hopes, it's not without reason, even after JH arrived in Tai Chen.

 

Soon after they arrived though and the wedding date was set, FJ left Jiuchongtian. Though not before she was almost killed by JH's lion after ZL released her from confinement. Granted, FJ was not matured enough, as she was more like a giggly teen-ager when she first came to Tai Chen palace. She is however, very decisive on cutting off ties, once she exhausted all avenues.

 

About reaching for the collar rather than flee, its because that's DH's jade necklace gift to her. FJ by instinct would want that back even after Suoying began to toy and attack her.

 

The drawing was Lian Song's, and not DH's. Correcting it was her means actually of helping DH, as FJ doesn't want his reputation in metallurgy questioned due to a mistake in the knife blueprint.

 

Making friends with somebody's pet though require time and getting used to, even if they were okay at the lotus land. Though JH was friendly, she didn't try to feed fox FJ, compared to what DH did to Suoying.

 

And yeah, DH was right to scold FJ for biting, even if he doesn't know she bit JH for lying and stealing the credit of her drawing correction.

 

When she scratched JH will be the unfair confinement. JH cried to DH that she only wanted to be friends with his pet. She, however, lied by omission that she was forcing a struggling fox to imprint its paws to the bowl. JH may have been very stupid to do that, but she was smart enough not be blamed!

 

On 8/20/2020 at 8:16 AM, Megan said:

It kinda sucks that we never know what happened to XN. I console myself by coming up with how she has  already been punished for her crimes in the book.

 

In the drama, she was jailed by Li Jing, but she escaped. She eventually died of injuries at Ying Zhou while trying to collect immortal grass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

High Deity Bai Qian expressed admiration for Dijun's methods. She said when Dijun couldn't find her in Qingqiu that day, he instantly returned to Jiuchongtian and seized two royal mandates from Tianjun, then had the elderly fairies send them in conjunction with the Yupu seal from Taichen Palace to the Demon Clan and the Ghoul Clan. As soon as the seven Demon Lords and Ghoul King Lijing received his order, they at once helped to search for her within their respective territory. Bai Qian had no idea what was exactly written in those mandates. (PB2, 441) 

 

Those would be mandates from Tianjun to the leaders of the vassal territories of Demon and Ghoul realms to search Bai Feng Jiu, reinforced by the Tai Chen palace Yupu seal.

 

Why from Tianjun, and not directly Dong Hua? It is because Tianjun is the ruler of Heaven, and the vassal states of the Demons and Ghouls. These two tribes lost in the wars, so they're under celestials even if they have self-government. 

 

Dh really did everything within his power to find FJ. I think the novel explained this alot better then the drama.

 

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Just watched episode 6. It is kind of an unpleasant realization to know that I can’t exactly blame Dong Hua for scolding Feng Jiu here.

His pet fox bit a friendly princess. And had been unfriendly toward Jiheng ever since she arrived.

i know Jiheng was wrong to steal credit, but I also can’t deny that she did try to rekindle friendship with Feng Jiu. 
The good thing about this episode is that Feng Jiu finally wakes up! She can’t be Dong Hua’s girlfriend when she is a pet!!! Though I admit, the fact that she keeps trying to cling to Dong Hua when he is engaged was kind of irksome. There are more important things to think about. Like running away from a snow lion instead of reaching for a collar! Or leaving a palace when it becomes clear her crush is getting married, not trying to impress him by fixing his drawing.

i just don’t like how these girls keep trying to win over a boy when it is clear he likes someone else. For example, later when Jiheng tries to sabotage a relationship when it becomes clear a Dong Hua likes Feng Jiu. or when Zhihe keeps butting in after wedding announcements.
Seriously, just move on! Don’t become obsessive. It will ruin you.

But then, love is love. At least Feng Jiu finally came to her senses and knew it was time to go. 

I think FJ and DH behaved as expected in that scenario.  

JH thought FJ was pet, so she interacted with her as one would. But the fact that she lied, was not right. 

Considering how much grief JH directly and indirectly caused her, I was actually surprised how calm FJ was, when she saw JH in the mortal realm. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Dh really did everything within his power to find FJ. I think the novel explained this alot better then the drama.

 

I was browsing YT today, and at one point visited ELOD episodes to see how much views. There are comments that are surprised DH has lots of defenders over his absence from the wedding. ^_^

 

I had to answer one comment though about JH being a friendly and kind princess, whose scriptwriters "fuq*d up" up her role and turned her to a love rival. :lol: I had to point out that one of the scriptwriters was the book's author, and both in the drama and novel, JH has schemed to make DH divorce FJ, and JH pretended to FJ that she is in relationship with DH.

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I was browsing YT today, and at one point visited ELOD episodes to see how much views. There are comments that are surprised DH has lots of defenders over his absence from the wedding. ^_^

 

I had to answer one comment though about JH being a friendly and kind princess, whose scriptwriters "fuq*d up" up her role and turned her to a love rival. :lol: I had to point out that one of the scriptwriters was the book's author, and both in the drama and novel, JH has schemed to make DH divorce FJ, and JH pretended to FJ that she is in relationship with DH.

YT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the chapter when BQ and YH argue about how to take care of a drunk Ali. When Bai Qian makes her retort, she shakes her sleeve at Ye Hua’s back. Is there a meaning to the shaking sleeve thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Megan said:

Reading the chapter when BQ and YH argue about how to take care of a drunk Ali. When Bai Qian makes her retort, she shakes her sleeve at Ye Hua’s back. Is there a meaning to the shaking sleeve thing?

 

More like shaking her fist in anger. :lol:

 

You might want to research on that if it has another meaning among the Chinese and their culture/practices.

 

As that's Toland's, can't say for certain if she translated that portion the right way.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

More like shaking her fist in anger. 

 

You might want to research on that if it has another meaning among the Chinese and their culture/practices.

 

As that's Toland's, can't say for certain if she translated that portion the right way.

 

I think that's probably right.

 

I kind of only skimmed Toland's translation of TMoPB so I can't be sure about what she did, but I've noticed that a lot of times where the text of TPB says something like shaking the sleeve or lifting the sleeve or something similar, in Hamster's, it's been translated to shaking the hand or lifting the hand. So I assume that Toland's would technically be *correct* but obviously Hamster's translation of those phrases make more sense. 

 

As for other meanings it might have, I'm not sure but I always just saw it as a descriptor because every time I see that, I just kind of imagine that swoopy motion those long sleeves make when they're moved? :sweatingbullets:

  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

As for other meanings it might have, I'm not sure but I always just saw it as a descriptor because every time I see that, I just kind of imagine that swoopy motion those long sleeves make when they're moved? 

 

Yeah, I also thought of it that way, coz they wear long sleeves...also they're arguing over intoxicated Ali... So my assumption too is that she's gesticulating while driving her point, and the sleeves were following BQ's arm movements? :sweatingbullets:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the similarities on the ELOD blog between BQ and FJ, but there are also similarities between FJ and YH.

1) fell in love with a god(dess) way older than them.

2) raised a child single handled for hundreds of years.

3) never loved anyone else.

4) spent time as a pet 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Megan said:

I saw the similarities on the ELOD blog between BQ and FJ, but there are also similarities between FJ and YH.

1) fell in love with a god(dess) way older than them.

2) raised a child single handled for hundreds of years.

3) never loved anyone else.

4) spent time as a pet 

 

Though both were treated as pets, YH did for only a few days without any rivals except the birds and cat. BQ also took care of him well. ^_^ Whereas FJ had three: ZH, JH, and Suoying. Though she was pampered, the sweet and sour fishes DH cooks must be equal to heavenly trials! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Though both were treated as pets, YH did for only a few days without any rivals except the birds and cat. BQ also took care of him well. ^_^ Whereas FJ had three: ZH, JH, and Suoying. Though she was pampered, the sweet and sour fishes DH cooks must be equal to heavenly trials! :lol:

I do wonder, what FJ's heavenly trials may be. She has suffered enough from her past experiences and have contributed to saving all realms.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...