Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    3239

  • Ninky

    1692

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Megan

    1097

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in the Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

11 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Guys I am still alive. Working on some blog posts this week. Have been busy lately due to total lockdown in vic and homeschooling 3 kids!

Gotta respect the hard work of moms.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Guys I am still alive. Working on some blog posts this week. Have been busy lately due to total lockdown in vic and homeschooling 3 kids!

 

Hello there! @Ninky 

 

Heard that Victoria is in stage 4 lockdown. Hope you're doing well, and your family too. Lockdown and curfews require adjustments, and I hope you have nearby stores within 5kms of your residence for groceries and supplies.

 

Take your time with the blog posts, though I gotta say, excited and looking forward to read! :blush:

 

:glee:

 

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

 

1. Zhe Yan, coz he got 70,000 years more practice in winemaking than Mo Yuan. :lol:

 

2. Dong Hua. He rarely teaches. Hahaha.

 

3. Qing Qiu anytime. The dragons of Sky Kingdom are too dour-faced and stuck up. ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Hello there! @Ninky 

 

Heard that Victoria is in stage 4 lockdown. Hope you're doing well, and your family too. Lockdown and curfews require adjustments, and I hope you have nearby stores within 5kms of your residence for groceries and supplies.

 

Take your time with the blog posts, though I gotta say, excited and looking forward to read! :blush:

 

:glee:

 

 

1. Zhe Yan, coz he got 70,000 years more practice in winemaking than Mo Yuan. :lol:

 

2. Dong Hua. He rarely teaches. Hahaha.

 

3. Qing Qiu anytime. The dragons of Sky Kingdom are too dour-faced and stuck up. ^_^

you can go beyond 5km if you don't have any within that distance. And there are exemptions for a few things.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

you can go beyond 5km if you don't have any within that distance. And there are exemptions for a few things.

 

That's a relief. Hope the cases there go down soon. :) 

 

Some people are still stubborn everywhere else. I pity the medical frontliners, they're already overworked!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AliceSwift13 said:

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while... 

 

Super off-topic, but anyone know where I can find an hd-quality of the white outfit, red strings picture that elod released? Want to put it on a phone case... 

 

Is this the one you might want? This image is 2000x2800

 

0

 

https://m.v.qq.com/x/bar/post/detail_h5.html?id=15352134049294&starid=&scene=fantuanexcl

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AliceSwift13 said:

Thanks sososo much!!! Been looking for an hd quality of this for quite a whule. Don't know why I just couldn't seem to find one...

 

You're welcome! ^_^ When Google searching the image, at the top portion there will be "more sizes" options for the image. It's random like trial and error though, and image can be either smaller or bigger when right clicking it to open in another tab.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AliceSwift13 said:

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while... 

 

Super off-topic, but anyone know where I can find an hd-quality of the white outfit, red strings picture that elod released? Want to put it on a phone case... 

Awesome choice. I love the poster the most too! Everything about it is just :wub:

 

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Guys I am still alive. Working on some blog posts this week. Have been busy lately due to total lockdown in vic and homeschooling 3 kids!

Hey Ninky, been thinking of you! I was wondering if you were doing okay. Glad you dropped in to let us know. Wow 3 kids go home school is no walk in the park.

 

9 hours ago, Megan said:

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in the Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

Gotta respect the hard work of moms.

 

1. Zhe Yan. He seems to know his wine.

2. Dong Hua. Just to hear his poisonous tongue once in a while! For some reason, I think Mo Yuan's personality may make training a bore.

3. 110% Qingqiu. I love their laid-back and supportive culture. 

 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

You're welcome! ^_^ When Google searching the image, at the top portion there will be "more sizes" options for the image. It's random like trial and error though, and image can be either smaller or bigger when right clicking it to open in another tab.

If I was an teenager, I would print it and put the gigantic poster up in my room. 

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

If I was an teenager, I would print it and put the gigantic poster up in my room. 

 

It's a simple, yet a stunningly beautiful photo. The red threads of Fate, their clasped hands, the way they are gazing at each other...they look ethereal. :heart:

 

  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

It's a simple, yet a stunningly beautiful photo. The red threads of Fate, their clasped hands, the way they are gazing at each other...they look ethereal. :heart:

 

Isn't it just?! 

 

Random question, is Moyuan's personality similar to Yehua? 

I was trying to read a fanfiction based on Moyuan. I got too use to DH's shameless ways, that I find him rather uninspiring. But it could be the author's writing style.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 5:58 PM, ChibiLy said:

 

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

Right?  :grin:.  I don't think I can watch any dramas the same way again. :joy:

On 8/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, Megan said:

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in the Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

Gotta respect the hard work of moms.

I'd drink Zhe Yan. I think it's more interesting living in Qingqiu. As for the 2nd question,  I'll have to wait for Mo Yuan's story.  :blush:

19 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

 

 

If I was an teenager, I would print it and put the gigantic poster up in my room. 

Great idea, i might just do this.:lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason Zhe Yan’s wine is more popular despite even Bai Qian grudgingly admitting her teacher’s wine was superior...

for me, I don’t drink wine. I hate the taste of alcohol, which ruins Black Forest cake for me. The closest I can come to peach wine is ice peach tea

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Megan said:

For some reason Zhe Yan’s wine is more popular despite even Bai Qian grudgingly admitting her teacher’s wine was superior...

for me, I don’t drink wine. I hate the taste of alcohol, which ruins Black Forest cake for me. The closest I can come to peach wine is ice peach tea

I think it's also because Zheyan might be a more fun drinking buddy :lol:.  He might have a lot of stories to tell.  I don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday :joy:

  • Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Random question, is Moyuan's personality similar to Yehua? 

I was trying to read a fanfiction based on Moyuan. I got too use to DH's shameless ways, that I find him rather uninspiring. But it could be the author's writing style.

 

MY and YH have that quiet and reserved demeanor,  probably due to their upbringing. Like a monk. Add to that their family backgrounds. Both are expected to be well-mannered at all times. 

 

As for DH...well, he is icy faced, he is also monkish. But he's also very shameless when it comes to being assertive and driving his point. Add the vinegar tongue that gets half the tasks done. ^_^

 

5 hours ago, Megan said:

For some reason Zhe Yan’s wine is more popular despite even Bai Qian grudgingly admitting her teacher’s wine was superior...

 

Peach blossom wine is ZY's signature wine known far and wide. I rather think MY's wine is an acquired taste. No one goes to Kunlun for wines. Only BQ will dare get drunk at her school's cellars. :lol: 

 

5 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

I think it's also because Zheyan might be a more fun drinking buddy.  He might have a lot of stories to tell.  I don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday.

 

The old phoenix certainly got lots of stories too under his belt! His peach forest, fruits, and wines are perfect for drinking...and getting drunk. :D 

 

Advanced happy birthday to your daughter! Have a good time on her special day. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Random question, is Moyuan's personality similar to Yehua? 

I was trying to read a fanfiction based on Moyuan. I got too use to DH's shameless ways, that I find him rather uninspiring. But it could be the author's writing style.

In a way, but there is a slight difference to their personalities. I feel like Yehua is more 'boring' so when he meets Baiqian he becomes a lot more passionate while Moyuan's personality before TMOPB in the beginning of Bodhi fate is very emotionally detatched and cold. Shaowan points this out as a possible reason on why many people feel uncomfortable around him.

Also in the first part of Bodhi fate, Shaowan gets put in a mediation/numerology class by Moyuan's father/God of the heavens in order to have a calmer mind and spirit. What even more interesting is that when she goes inside she sees Moyuan, Donghua, Zheyan and Yao guang(lady who is obsessed with MY in the beginning of TMOPB) Now obviously DH would be there since he has his own history of being a heartless monster(before FJ of course) and Zheyan probability has his own violent ambitions that hes using now mediation to shake off any of those desires.

Anyway, Shaowan starts to think to herself why would Moyuan enter class about having a calmer mind when hes seems to be the calmest out of everyone in the class? I think Bodhi fate is trying to establish Moyuan is not as calm as he seems? Maybe possible anger issues that leads him into becoming the God of war? Idk. We'll have to see when Bodhi fate gets updated.

But one thing I have noticed is that in TMOPB is that Moyuan is more caring and understanding especially to his students at Kunlun. Maybe his 'complicated relationship' with Shaowan had to with his change of personality? You know what they say, 'Love changes you as a person'

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I think Bodhi fate is trying to establish Moyuan is not as calm as he seems? Maybe possible anger issues that leads him into becoming the God of war?

 

Mo Yuan is still a dragon after all, an alpha dragon to be exact.

 

His days with Shao Wan would have tested  to the limits his patience. :lol: Even if Bai Qian and other disciples were very naughty, what they do might not even be half of the white phoenix' previous antics.

 

Fushen must have put  them in that class because of his students' immense powers. It won't do if these ancient gods and deities can not reign in their tempers, when anyone of them can easily destroy the realms.

 

I rather think that these legends are coping in their own ways to always be calm. ^_^ For instance, Zhe Yan tends his ten miles of peach forest, ferments peach wines with different potencies, and co-parents the Bais. Dong Hua on the other hand fishes, reads Buddhist books, dabbles in pottery, handcrafts things in Tai Chen, harvests his tea leaves and fruits, and can even do stitching apart from house chores. 

 

Both are known to be eccentric and have withdrawn from public life. What they normally do in their domains all require lots and lots of patience. 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday 

Cheers to another year! Well wishes to your daughter.

meanwhile...I finally watched episode 1. What struck me most, beyond Feng Jiu’s voice (I much prefer her voice when she is older. This one sounds too childish for a teen) was Zhao Lu. I like her instantly. Sad we won’t get to see much of her.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Megan said:

meanwhile...I finally watched episode 1. What struck me most, beyond Feng Jiu’s voice (I much prefer her voice when she is older. This one sounds too childish for a teen) was Zhao Lu. I like her instantly. Sad we won’t get to see much of her.

 

I rather feel FJ was given that voice to emphasize that she was a naive, giggly, young teen before going to and when she first arrived in Tai Chen.

 

Zhao Lu, Moyun, and Cha-cha are impressive. The friends FJ made and her servants are all good. Whereas Yu Ru of ZH is as mean as her. 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..