Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

22 hours ago, Megan said:

Try reading the manhua.

I have, I like the artwork. :) Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in 2 years...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

What is known by the public as the reason to choose the celestials may be clarified in Lotus Steps. As it is, in mortal realm, 

Reveal hidden contents

LS woke up one of the gods who has something to do with Zu Ti.

The ancients waking up from deep sleep also resurrects the past history as they experienced it.

Like what Zhe Yan said, one of the ancients himself as the first phoenix, what is written and what actually happened may not be necessarily the same.

Regarding DH's reasons recorded in the history books for joining the celestials, it may or may not be true basing from what are written, and the same can be said of the backstory Zhe Yan has narrated. Rather, the question would be, what were the circumstances for DH, or the other ancient deities, to make that choice?

DH's promise of FJ living a free life meant he will let her develop at her own phase, nor will he interfere with her growth. The most he will do will be to guide her, but he will not box her in rules.

You make me want to read LS even more :lol:

I like how DJ will let FJ grow and learn at her own pace. To me it shows how much he respects her. He isn't trying to curb her natural sunny and curious disposition with rules or do's and don'ts. Also, I think it sparks his curiousity;  wondering how she will mature further by dealing with the cards life deals her. 

It's sort of the same with how MY treated BQ while she was at Kunlun. 

He knew BQ slacked off and would not pass her trial because of her innate lazyness. Yet still he did not use force; instead he was prepared to take the trial for her which sparked a change in her attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Not gonna lie, even with the crappy auto-translated text, there were some portions and chapters that were so funny or that it really stung. The strange thing is that, it's auto-generated text, but I rather felt the connection of it being written by the same author of TPB.

I like how DJ will let FJ grow and learn at her own pace. To me it shows how much he respects her

As DH told Nie Chuyin and heard by FJ's Bingcang attendees, his queen is equal to him. :lol: One of the best time DH shows how shameless he is, hahaha!

Dijun glanced at Nie Chuyin, then glanced to his side at Fengjiu and unhurriedly said, “Since she is my queen, she is naturally my equal. You've just said that you are her peer, then it's only of course you are also my peer. A duel between the two of us is obviously an exchange between peers. Which rule from Qingqiu's book of rituals would we be violating?”(PB2, p400)

He isn't trying to curb her natural sunny and curious disposition with rules or do's and don'ts. Also, I think it sparks his curiousity;  wondering how she will mature further by dealing with the cards life deals her. 

It entertains grandpa and also keeps him on his toes, hahaha! But hands down, DH is so patient with her.

He knew BQ slacked off and would not pass her trial because of her innate lazyness. Yet still he did not use force; instead he was prepared to take the trial for her which sparked a change in her attitude. 

I rather think these two beautiful goddesses learn differently. They are joked of having low IQ and having the knack of finding troubles, but MY and DH have seen more about them. MY passed on to BQ the difficult spell to keep Qing Qang trapped being his most talented albeit unruly disciple; DH described FJ as talented, capable, and with good personality that for him, she is perfect. :heart:

• Like 3

I just realized my last batch of sorrowless pastries should have been made a month later to celebrate Mooncake Festival. Oh well. 

• Wiggle 3

13 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I like how DJ will let FJ grow and learn at her own pace. To me it shows how much he respects her. He isn't trying to curb her natural sunny and curious disposition with rules or do's and don'ts. Also, I think it sparks his curiousity;  wondering how she will mature further by dealing with the cards life deals her

I always felt that too. How DH like to see what FJ will do next. One thing is for sure, DH will never be bored with FJ around!

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Not gonna lie, even with the crappy auto-translated text, there were some portions and chapters that were so funny or that it really stung. The strange thing is that, it's auto-generated text, but I rather felt the connection of it being written by the same author of TPB.

As DH told Nie Chuyin and heard by FJ's Bingcang attendees, his queen is equal to him. :lol: One of the best time DH shows how shameless he is, hahaha!

Dijun glanced at Nie Chuyin, then glanced to his side at Fengjiu and unhurriedly said, “Since she is my queen, she is naturally my equal. You've just said that you are her peer, then it's only of course you are also my peer. A duel between the two of us is obviously an exchange between peers. Which rule from Qingqiu's book of rituals would we be violating?”(PB2, p400)

It entertains grandpa and also keeps him on his toes, hahaha! But hands down, DH is so patient with her.

I rather think these two beautiful goddesses learn differently. They are joked of having low IQ and having the knack of finding troubles, but MY and DH have seen more about them. MY passed on to BQ the difficult spell to keep Qing Qang trapped being his most talented albeit unruly disciple; DH described FJ as talented, capable, and with good personality that for him, she is perfect. :heart:

DH have infinite patients for FJ. As long as it does not involve any other male, he probably finds her amusing in every way.

I love how on point DH's description of FJ is. He is so deeply in love with FJ, he sees nothing wrong with her at all.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

DH have infinite patients for FJ. As long as it does not involve any other male, he probably finds her amusing in every way.

I love how on point DH's description of FJ is. He is so deeply in love with FJ, he sees nothing wrong with her at all.  

DH doesn't mind her antics, and even joins with the trolling. :lol: 

In 3L3W, DH has always been so besotted with FJ, even as a baby fox.

SXR couldn't take Xiao Jiu off his mind from the first time he had seen her(him). SY has adored Aranya from when he was a young boy and she was still a toddler raised by the snakes. DH would too like SY did if he'd seen FJ as a little girl, judging by the way he was asking LS how she might have looked like as a baby. ^_^

• Like 3

Finished episode 12

i gotta say, is it normal for concubines to enter the study? I am reminded of the restaurant scene when Jiheng brought soup for Dong Hua.

and regarding Zhou Mengxi...how do you think that trial would have gone down? How would the emperor have experienced with unrequited love with her? Would she refuse his advances? Have an affair? Run away?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

i gotta say, is it normal for concubines to enter the study? I am reminded of the restaurant scene when Jiheng brought soup for Dong Hua.

Usually there are off limits areas in palaces and palace grounds, not only for concubines but for everyone except for those who has access to everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

and regarding Zhou Mengxi...how do you think that trial would have gone down? How would the emperor have experienced with unrequited love with her? Would she refuse his advances? Have an affair? Run away?

He would have loved her, but she will not love him back no matter how much he tries to woe her. That's already bad itself, she doesn't have to do any of what you mentioned. Si Ming has said after all that it's also a trial for Zhou Mengxi, to live the rest of her life feeling trapped due to someone's affections.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ok- you got me. Can you please share the link with me? I will give it another go :D

I love that part in the book as well as the drama! I re-watched those scenes yesterday and it cracks me up everytime!

He's patient, but then again;  he's got nothing but seas of time and FJ is his greatest source of amusement...:lol:

• Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Ok- you got me. Can you please share the link with me? I will give it another go :D

Here you go, the link for the last chapter and 3rd section. Scroll down the page for the previous chapters and sections. :)

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ujwvcuiqi1sk4VX23q9wvQ

6 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

He's patient, but then again;  he's got nothing but seas of time and FJ is his greatest source of amusement...:lol:

It's only right that the one who can be his only Empress...should be as trollish as the Emperor. :lol: 

I rather think DH is naturally playful, if only he did not have to grow up literally fighting everyone that wants to maul him or eat him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I always felt that too. How DH like to see what FJ will do next. One thing is for sure, DH will never be bored with FJ around!

No he hasn't got time to be bored around her. She is the devil of Qing Qiu and she has promised to to teach him the games he's never played before...

Ahh I just love their date night in Aranya's dream :wub: FJ is adorable...treating DH as an ancient child...which in many ways I think he is. :lol:

Other males are a no go :isannoyed: They will meet terrible faiths, and even the half-wits realise this I'm sure... 

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He would have loved her, but she will not love him back no matter how much he tries to woe her. That's already bad itself, she doesn't have to do any of what you mentioned. Si Ming has said after all that it's also a trial for Zhou Mengxi, to live the rest of her life feeling trapped due to someone's affections.

If that’s the case, why did Feng Jiu have to run away with Qingti?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

If that’s the case, why did Feng Jiu have to run away with Qingti?

She's Bai Feng Jiu, while that role written by Si Ming is for Zhou Mengxi. The story changed when FJ helped SXR at the battlefield .

There's a big difference between Xiao Jiu and Zhou Mengxi - FJ truly cares for him even if SXR in the drama was just DH's mortal projection as he deep sleeps in Tai Chen Palace. She won't be able to be cold and indifferent.

In the drama, running away with the perceived rival of SXR is the best means to help DH experience unrequited love in his mortal trial to gain back his lost cultivation.

It would have been quite a punch in the gut for SXR, when the one he cares for also cares for him, but won't be faithful, nor is she willing to stay by his side.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

It is how obsessed I am with 三生三世 

That i actually bought a peach blossom charm. Then I saw a fox charm and I thought, I already have the peach blossom. Technically it appears in ELOD via Zhe Yan. I don’t need another charm. Besides, the fox charm has only one tail.

• Like 2

...considering how Xuanren had only one spot to look for his missing fairy, how many nights do you think he would have spent looking for her in the cold palace? 

Hmmm...when Zhe Yan says Dong Hua likes furry things, do you think he likes fluffy things? Fluffy fur? I’m picturing a baby rabbit....

sure he likes mighty animal steeds, but how furry are tigers? At least lions have manes...

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua would have done to Moye for telling Feng Jiu snake venom is beneficial not a love potion?

Im not sure he would have killed Mo Shao or fed him fish. Something else.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

...considering how Xuanren had only one spot to look for his missing fairy, how many nights do you think he would have spent looking for her in the cold palace? 

It was the one spot left. That depends on how many people lives there. SXR delegated the searching task previously because he had other responsibilities as the state's emperor.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hmmm...when Zhe Yan says Dong Hua likes furry things, do you think he likes fluffy things? Fluffy fur? I’m picturing a baby rabbit....sure he likes mighty animal steeds, but how furry are tigers? At least lions have manes...

ZY was describing generally what DH uses as steeds - fierce, furry mammals. As for his preference, what he likes as steeds doesn't have to be his favourite animal or the kind he wants as pets.

Male lions have manes, the females don't. 

Tigers are furry enough to be (illegally) hunted for their heads, skins and furs, turning the magnificent animals into pricy (illegal) tiger rugs.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Tigers are furry enough to be (illegally) hunted for their heads, skins and furs, turning the magnificent animals into pricy (illegal) tiger rugs.

I once saw a cow skin rug on holiday. I was honestly very surprised by how soft it was, but it was also very thin.

Dong Hua is apparently known for hunting rare animals, judging by Xiao Yan’s reaction to seeing a furry fox on Feng Jiu’s bed. The question is what does he do to them? I wonder if Dong Hua has ever hunted foxes before and what he did to them...fox pelts? Hope those are no longer in Taichen. Gun Gun would have nightmares!

safe to say foxes are his new favorite animal. Furry tails everywhere. 

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua is apparently known for hunting rare animals, judging by Xiao Yan’s reaction to seeing a furry fox on Feng Jiu’s bed. The question is what does he do to them? I wonder if Dong Hua has ever hunted foxes before and what he did to them...fox pelts? Hope those are no longer in Taichen. Gun Gun would have nightmares!

safe to say foxes are his new favorite animal. Furry tails everywhere. 

Does hunting of rare animals meant DH  searches and kills them for food or pelts? He can also be searching rare animals to rear.

As someone who reads on Buddhist literatures, and as a practitioner of it, hunting animals for the sake of decoration would have been the last thing he'll do.

• Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Does hunting of rare animals meant DH  searches and kills them for food or pelts? He can also be searching rare animals to rear.

As someone who reads on Buddhist literatures, and as a practitioner of it, hunting animals for the sake of decoration would have been the last thing he'll do.

I don’t really know much about Buddhism but that’s the first impression that comes to mind when I think of the word ‘hunt’.

but does Buddhism forbid animal pelts?

Edited by Megan