[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

@MayanEcho Yes, thanks for reminding me. :) But do members of the demon and ghoul clan experience something similar when in the 9 heavens? 

In TMOPB,  Li Jing mentions of his power feeling muted when he went near Kunlun. Since Kunlun is essentially celestial realm then they're affected too in a way. Xuan Nu who was a fox had difficulties too when she went to Jiuchongtian with Li Jing, though she might be an exception to the norm as she's hated by celestials for  her betrayal and she was pregnant  as well. The fiery quilin can still do his magic too, but since he grew up with Li Jing I'd  assume he's quite cultivated himself.

These are based in the drama. ^_^ The book I can't check for now cos it's in another memory card. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

i Heng wanted Dong Hua for herself - and since DH is obviously interested with FJ, then to make FJ go away from DH is her best course.

This doesn’t really answer my question about how Xiao Yan winning the fruit can separate them

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Assuming Jiheng didn’t know that Dong Hua was not going to give the fruit to Feng Jiu, what was her plan for causing discord between DongFeng if Xiao Yan won the fruit?

Quoting the previous post earlier, can I clarify that you wanted to know how JH can still make DH and FJ have issues between them even if XY is the winner? 

If I understood it as above, since XY promised to share half to FJ, and if DH withheld  the prize for whatever reason even if it's not JH asking for the fruit, FJ will still be devastated because she loses the chance to save YQT. She has already waited for centuries, and it won't bode well for her that DH stands on the way so she can pay back the favour. 

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

This doesn’t really answer my question about how Xiao Yan winning the fruit can separate them

However as for the plan itself of JH,  are you asking a what if scenario that FJ wasn't the winner of the competition?

Kindly correct me if I misunderstood, and elaborate what you wanted to know, so that an answer might be found. 

One thing to be clear with though, if JH can use the situation to her advantage, she will. Any chance to get to FJ and to get her out of the way when it comes to DH so that he can be "hers", she will use.

43 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Quoting the previous post earlier, can I clarify that you wanted to know how JH can still make DH and FJ have issues between them even if XY is the winner? 

If I understood it as above, since XY promised to share half to FJ, and if DH withheld  the prize for whatever reason even if it's not JH asking for the fruit, FJ will still be devastated because she loses the chance to save YQT. She has already waited for centuries, and it won't bode well for her that DH stands on the way so she can pay back the favour. 

However as for the plan itself of JH,  are you asking a what if scenario that FJ wasn't the winner of the competition?

Kindly correct me if I misunderstood, and elaborate what you wanted to know, so that an answer might be found. 

One thing to be clear with though, if JH can use the situation to her advantage, she will. Any chance to get to FJ and to get her out of the way when it comes to DH so that he can be "hers", she will use.

I wanted to know what if Xiao Yan had won the contest. Since Jiheng doesn’t know about Dong Hua’s plans, how would Xiao Yan winning the fruit Separate DongFeng?

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

And when one experiences misfortune(s), there is a possibility to learn and thus grow/cultivate wisdom, knowledge, empathy, love and respect for all living beings. Of course you can choose to ignore “life’s lessons” and make the same mistakes over and over, but as with mortals you will not grow and will likely continue to meet the same “misfortunes.”

Although come to think of it...this doesn’t seem to be the case for a Dong Hua and Bai Qian. They pretty much forgot their misfortunes and what they learned from it, but they still got major power boost.

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

I wanted to know what if Xiao Yan had won the contest. Since Jiheng doesn’t know about Dong Hua’s plans, how would Xiao Yan winning the fruit Separate DongFeng?

Whoever wins that do not receive the promised prize will be feeling bad enough to contemplate  picking it.

But at the time of the competition  DH and FJ aren't a couple yet. So there's no official separation to speak of, though FJ would surely resent and question DH's unfair change of saha to peaches. XY will also mind since he wants FJ to have half of his fruit.

IMO if XY won, swap to each other FJ and XY roles up to when XY would say he can't share the fruit because he didn't receive it either. Then FJ will be devastated and it will follow how the story went in the drama or book.

But why would you want to know about that? Why would you think it can separate DH and FJ if XY won?

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Whoever wins that do not receive the promised prize will be feeling bad enough to contemplate  picking it.

But at the time of the competition  DH and FJ aren't a couple yet. So there's no official separation to speak of, though FJ would surely resent and question DH's unfair change of saha to peaches. XY will also mind since he wants FJ to have half of his fruit.

IMO if XY won, swap to each other FJ and XY roles up to when XY would say he can't share the fruit because he didn't receive it either. Then FJ will be devastated and it will follow how the story went in the drama or book.

But why would you want to know about that? Why would you think it can separate DH and FJ if XY won?

I’m curious about what Jiheng’s plan was before episode 34. Her plan was to win the Saha fruit (so Miao Luo could get it) but how the heck does that separate Feng Jiu and Dong Hua? At the time she was unaware of Dong Hua’s plans. So how would Jiheng winning the fruit (via Xiao Yan) separate the 2? 
It pretty much seems like a flawed and poorly thought out plan against her competition (FJ)

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I’m curious about what Jiheng’s plan was before episode 34. Her plan was to win the Saha fruit (so Miao Luo could get it) but how the heck does that separate Feng Jiu and Dong Hua? At the time she was unaware of Dong Hua’s plans. So how would Jiheng winning the fruit (via Xiao Yan) separate the 2? 
It pretty much seems like a flawed and poorly thought out plan against her competition (FJ)

Miao Luo until competition was controlling Ji Heng over the saha fruit. From the time she possessed JH to which she was suddenly chummy with XY.

After getting rid of Miao Luo's influence, she took that as an opening to ask DH for the fruit and say she wanted to be well. That wasn't entirely innocent though as far as I can glean, there's certainly malice there since it's FJ's prize she wants to have.

Remember, DH had wanted to treat her completely when she started to spout of looking forward to the happiness he brings every 10 years and even asking if he has someone by his side or if it was Jiuge. JH kinda refused the completion of the treatment that time, but then now wanted the saha already won by FJ. If that's not calculating, that's quite some luck she has to timely ask with daddy Meng Hao as side excuse.

Megan, since XY wasn't the winner in the story, then it's better to leave it as is rather than dwell on how would it be a good plan for JH to break up DH and FJ, who weren't even a couple that time either, if XY won the saha fruit. JH's nefarious enough lying to FJ, why would you want to contemplate too over her possible plans that doesn't arise in the first place?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Miao Luo until competition was controlling Ji Heng over the saha fruit. From the time she possessed JH to which she was suddenly chummy with XY.

After getting rid of Miao Luo's influence, she took that as an opening to ask DH for the fruit and say she wanted to be well. That wasn't entirely innocent though as far as I can glean, there's certainly malice there since it's FJ's prize she wants to have.

Remember, DH had wanted to treat her completely when she started to spout of looking forward to the happiness he brings every 10 years and even asking if he has someone by his side or if it was Jiuge. JH kinda refused the completion of the treatment that time, but then now wanted the saha already won by FJ. If that's not calculating, that's quite some luck she has to timely ask with daddy Meng Hao as side excuse.

Megan, since XY wasn't the winner in the story, then it's better to leave it as is rather than dwell on how would it be a good plan for JH to break up DH and FJ, who weren't even a couple that time either, if XY won the saha fruit. JH's nefarious enough lying to FJ, why would you want to contemplate too over her possible plans that doesn't arise in the first place?

I like knowing full details of the story. Like knowing Jiheng’s plans, which are plainly stupid. Like...you get the pimpon fruit, but now that you are all better, Dong Hua doesn’t have to take care of you. And even if Feng Jiu was angry with Dong Hua, did she honestly think that Dong Hua wouldn’t chase Feng Jiu? The dude’s been chasing her this whole time. 
Then the other stupid plan of blackmailing Dong Hua was just obnoxious.
And also because I like fanfiction a lot and what ifs are a great source of inspiration. When I finish watching ELOD,  I’m going to rely on fanfiction and imagination to keep the story alive. For that to happen, knowing details of the story helps me see characters pov better.

1 minute ago, Megan said:

I like knowing full details of the story. Like knowing Jiheng’s plans, which are plainly stupid. Like...you get the pimpon fruit, but now that you are all better, Dong Hua doesn’t have to take care of you. And even if Feng Jiu was angry with Dong Hua, did she honestly think that Dong Hua wouldn’t chase Feng Jiu? The dude’s been chasing her this whole time. 
Then the other stupid plan of blackmailing Dong Hua was just obnoxious.
And also because I like fanfiction a lot and what ifs are a great source of inspiration. When I finish watching ELOD,  I’m going to rely on fanfiction and imagination to keep the story alive. For that to happen, knowing details of the story helps me see characters pov better.

If you want a what if scenario, you have to be clear that it is a what if scenario you're asking others to give their views. Do not state it in such a way that it actually happened that way as far as the actual story goes. And be prepared to be openminded that since you're asking views and opinions over a what if turn of events, there are no wrong or unacceptable answers as well.

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If you want a what if scenario, you have to be clear that it is a what if scenario you're asking others to give their views. Do not state it in such a way that it actually happened that way as far as the actual story goes. And be prepared to be openminded that since you're asking views and opinions over a what if turn of events, there are no wrong or unacceptable answers as well.

Noted

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, if magic is forbidden outside the city, how is it that Dong Hua and Jiheng can use magic during the tournament?

1. Dong Hua as the Emperor is the exception to the rules. As the judge, his powers prevented magic to be used to influence the outcome of the competition.

2. Ji Heng was possessed by Miao Luo; Miao Luo does not follow rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watched episode 33. It was fine until the end. I did not need to see Dong Hua carrying JH. Ugh.

and why did no one call her out for her unfair treatment towards XY and FJ in the music round? It was so obvious she was trying to cheat, sort of.

i am angry at Dong Hua for taking his jealousy out on FJ but i admit I enjoyed the scene where she practically cradled his face.

and as the judge, shouldn’t he be focusing on the match instead of the game of chess/go? Though I admit his face when he lost was priceless lol.

17 hours ago, Megan said:

Although come to think of it...this doesn’t seem to be the case for a Dong Hua and Bai Qian. They pretty much forgot their misfortunes and what they learned from it, but they still got major power boost.

I'm not sure if that's true.. We know very little about BQ's time at Kunlun...she may not have been the best student but in the book she greatly improved after MY took her lightning trial for her. I think her biggest flaw then was her attitude as she did not lack innate talent apparently.

With regards to DH, I also think it's hard to tell really. He grew up in a time without teachers and went through many hardships and came out on top. 

They do or did lack insight with regards to love because both of them never felt the emotion before. But I'd say they wisened up some while going through their 3L3W... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

33 minutes ago, Megan said:

Watched episode 33. It was fine until the end. I did not need to see Dong Hua carrying JH. Ugh.

and why did no one call her out for her unfair treatment towards XY and FJ in the music round? It was so obvious she was trying to cheat, sort of.

i am angry at Dong Hua for taking his jealousy out on FJ but i admit I enjoyed the scene where she practically cradled his face.

and as the judge, shouldn’t he be focusing on the match instead of the game of chess/go? Though I admit his face when he lost was priceless lol.

There are no rules on what the musician plays. The rule is that the participant to the tournament should play a harmonious tune with the flute to the qin.

Did they finish the game of go? On the last two contestants, LS made the board vanish.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Did they finish the game of go? On the last two contestants, LS made the board vanish

I don’t really know much about chess or go. All I know is that Lian Song won for once, and that pretty much meant the game was over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There are no rules on what the musician plays. The rule is that the participant to the tournament should play a harmonious tune with the flute to the qin.

True, even though the tune she played with FJ was conciderably more difficult it can't be termed cheating. I liked the lesson DH gave FJ by telling her to anticipate a person's heart/emotion. It shows how he thinks- when he chooses to use that brilliant brain. ^_^

1 minute ago, Megan said:

I don’t really know much about chess or go. All I know is that Lian Song won for once, and that pretty much meant the game was over.

Hmm, I have to re-watch that episode. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Here's the board before it vanished. Screencap ctto. Though I play chess, I don't play go, so I can't judge if there's a winner between the two.

KMklB3A.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

True, even though the tune she played with FJ was conciderably more difficult it can't be termed cheating. I liked the lesson DH gave FJ by telling her to anticipate a person's heart/emotion. It shows how he thinks- when he chooses to use that brilliant brain. ^_^

Yeah. As an examiner, she wasn't cheating per se, but it was gross to let her personal feelings colour her own behaviour towards a certain contestant at a competition watched by many. Uhh, not being mean, but that part JH was smirking at XY as one of the finalist, there's no glow at all.

As private tutors, I like the contrast between JH and DH. One let his student literally eat snow, the other was open to the idea that she can make the tune easier for him. One was a judge and the other an examiner, but for FJ, not once it can be said that her performance has help, while for XY the special treatment is obvious.

Spoiler

She looks dry and tired here. Screencap ctto

RbTvEqq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1