[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I remember that post about the tea! I was so thrilled because I had missed that at first! It's subtle... though DJ might think he's being obvious :lol:

He might be thinking that he's already obvious. But poor FJ, she didn't know it herself while except for Xiao Yan, and the self-denial of JH, everyone in Fanyin Valley from Fuzi to Jielu and Meng Shao knows

:hahah!:

2 hours ago, Megan said:

One more thing, while Dong Hua was meditating, there was a glowing crystal stick near him. Was that Canghe sword? It looks thinner than I remembered.

It is the Cang'he, a celebrity on its own right. Shen Ye knew immediately, even if the poor thing is living in the dream.

The sword looks the same to me. Check the portion when JH was shown at the distance, where the shot is behind left side DH's back and Miao Luo is partially concealed (she's on his lap) as she chides him for having two other dates. The gleaming Cang'he sword is at the far right.

DPE7Nhx.jpg

ctto

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Somewhere in the pages of this thread, somebody shared an IG or Twitter post about that first and second taste of tea. What he was saying to her which she wasn't quite grasping was very telling on how he regards her.

I think when DH was speaking about the first and second taste of tea, the tea he was talking about is FJ.

The first time he had those first glances of her (by the bridge, and the wedding ceremony she left), he did not see anything that makes her stand out. I would also agree - FJ was trying to confirm the gossip of Si Ming, then she sneaks out -  nothing to be impressed about. As tea, FJ at first sip was what you'll expect a tea would be.

--  He means that at first glance she gave the impression of a bland cup of tea. But on the second sip (second glance, or after looking below the surface) she leaves a wonderful aftertaste (sweet and loving).  This was what he means in the Chinese language.

But then, there's a jolly young lady joking with Si Ming at Jiuchongtian gate. She could fluster Si Ming. Then she mentions him with easy familiarity. Interesting indeed, and pretty sure DH was intrigued the way he stared at her as she sooooo formally denied that she knows him. That he zeroed in to her immediately at the wedding banquet when she entered carrying that plant pot...there's more to the second sip of the tea. 

We can all say that if every other sips are the encounters between DH and FJ at Jiuchongtian, that tea has a lot of flavour, colour, and aroma...He is addicted, hahahaha! Enough so that he will seek out that tea again at Fanyin Valley, for tasting more surprises!  :lol:

So basically he looked beyond the initial impression. He was frequently bumping into her. What impressed him the most was why she chose to save those people from the Chi Yan Beast.  That's what he sees below the surface. All this happening while the foster sister was totally ignored hahahaha.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He might be thinking that he's already obvious. But poor FJ, she didn't know it herself while except for Xiao Yan, and the self-denial of JH, everyone in Fanyin Valley from Fuzi to Jielu and Meng Shao knows.

It is the Cang'he, a celebrity on its own right. Shen Ye knew immediately, even if the poor thing is living in the dream.

The sword looks the same to me. Check the portion when JH was shown at the distance, where the shot is behind left side DH's back and Miao Luo is partially concealed (she's on his lap) as she chides him for having two other dates. The gleaming Cang'he sword is at the far right.

ctto

Mmm..I Guess it accounts to what camera angle the sword was shot from.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

We can all say that if every other sips are the encounters between DH and FJ at Jiuchongtian, that tea has a lot of flavour, colour, and aroma...He is addicted, hahahaha! Enough so that he will seek out that tea again at Fanyin Valley, for tasting more surprises!  :lol:

Where’s Jiheng’s perfect tea is boring. Nothing special compared to other excellently brewed teas. Feng Jiu is a unique and new taste.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Now that winter is gone from Fanyin Valley, do you think people can say Aranya’s name now?

i admit I find the Junuo infuriating for trying to cover up the name. She’s not doing any justice to her sister whatsoever beyond punishing their mother.

41 minutes ago, Megan said:

Now that winter is gone from Fanyin Valley, do you think people can say Aranya’s name now?

i admit I find the Junuo infuriating for trying to cover up the name. She’s not doing any justice to her sister whatsoever beyond punishing their mother.

Junou has been hostile with Aranya, perhaps even after her death she was for some time. Until she realized that it was the former king and queen who really messed them up children.

IMO, the taboo of Aranya being mentioned is like a reassurance to her subject that they have a queen who isn't afraid. Never mind that they're reminded of Aranya every single second as they see the winter wasteland.

Junou in the end redeemed herself. Her advises to Jielu had shown she has wizened up. A pity though that she didn't have scenes with FJ, just the two of them, after the dream broke.

• Unamused 1

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Junou has been hostile with Aranya, perhaps even after her death she was for some time. Until she realized that it was the former king and queen who really messed them up children.

IMO, the taboo of Aranya being mentioned is like a reassurance to her subject that they have a queen who isn't afraid. Never mind that they're reminded of Aranya every single second as they see the winter wasteland.

Junou in the end redeemed herself. Her advises to Jielu had shown she has wizened up. A pity though that she didn't have scenes with FJ, just the two of them, after the dream broke.

I still feel like Junuo could have done something like visit Aranya’s site of death to lay flowers. But to just completely erase her sister from existence... she may have redeemed herself in general but not when it comes to her sister.

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

I still feel like Junuo could have done something like visit Aranya’s site of death to lay flowers. But to just completely erase her sister from existence... she may have redeemed herself in general but not when it comes to her sister.

Qinghua and she were performing rites when Shen Ye took the 3 other seasons.

I'd imagine that the kingdom  was in turmoil for some time after getting plunged to endless winter,  the shaky hold of Junou to the throne, and Qinghua to contend with. 

The taboo is at best empty, but if it brought some sort of reassurance to the clan that there is a Queen who has firm resolve,  then I'd say it's worth it however petty it might seem. It's  quite Macchiavelian, but the end justifies the means since the Biyiniao folks were still thriving in cold winter. They were in fact able to live side by side with Shen Ye at the dream realm by the python  formation. 

Perhaps Junou does private memorials for Aranya. Just as she could depose Qinghua.

• Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

Finished episode 31. I must say I can enjoy the DongFeng scenes better now, especially Dong Hua’s jealousy. He so doesn’t like her neighbour or her nighttime gatherings.

jiheng should learn from Jielu.

XY is kind of awful for just dumping Dong Hua on Feng Jiu like that with no warning. And then trying to set them up when he knows how Dong Hua disappointed Feng Jiu... awful friend, especially for the sake of Jiheng...

i am not impressed with Dong Hua forcing Feng Jiu to serve him. Not at all.

• Wiggle 1

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 31. I must say I can enjoy the DongFeng scenes better now, especially Dong Hua’s jealousy. He so doesn’t like her neighbour or her nighttime gatherings.

XY is kind of awful for just dumping Dong Hua on Feng Jiu like that with no warning. And then trying to set them up when he knows how Dong Hua disappointed Feng Jiu... awful friend, especially for the sake of Jiheng...

He can basically  make anyone to serve him as their Emperor.

Besides, if he can make LS clean and maintain Cang'he sword, then he can also ask a princess to cook for him.

FJ has also given the leverage why she should serve since she admitted to him that she was with XY to steal the pimpon fruit. Would have embarrassed Qing Qiu if she was turned over to Junou, which he did not.

Besides...she is indebted yet again of him taking care of her while she's sick. She's so bad when she's sick. He should have asked JH to nurse her during her crying fit. LMAO!

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

It's DHs way of getting attention from FJ. DH most likely would have calculated it all in his head. He knew FJ was angry with him, but he needed to spend time with her to resolve the issue.

It also stops FJ from spending time with XY.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

True, and I think he usually cares little about such things. But I think he wants to keep FJ close. ^_^ 

And there's the Miao Luo threat when he visited the chasm. Miao Luo realized that FJ is important to DH. She wanted the red Qi back and she later attempted to, but FJ was shielded by the Tiancang cage while sleeping.

It seems like petty pranking in DH's part to change places to order FJ around. DH however is the sort who plans his moves. FJ can huff while they live in the same courtyard, but his being there serves the purpose of enhanced protection for her. In the later parts of the series, the unfortunate chance that the the red Qi was taken while leaving the dream realm damaged her primordial spirit.

The Miao Luo banshee can go anytime anywhere, so IMO, the offer to FJ of confined training is also calculated to keep her within sight should there be another attempt, and the wards were up to block off the unwanted intruder. Given that the red Qi greatly increases the cultivation of Miao Luo, FJ should definitely be guarded even tighter than DH did for the previous Soul-Locking Jade.

Of course that's DH playing bodyguard/tutor, and as someone who likes hearing others crying the most, he'll take the chances too of riling up FJ, much like a boy pulling his crush's pigtails.

It's such an irony that the Soul Locking Jade was busted out of Tai Chen Palace by XY. Then for Meng Shao, FJ was busted out of the wards also by XY. :lol:

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

It's DHs way of getting attention from FJ. DH most likely would have calculated it all in his head. He knew FJ was angry with him, but he needed to spend time with her to resolve the issue.

DH probably automatically calculates every single things he does. Let FJ fume, she would still be near him as he does his other behind the scene things. If he's quite petty with XY, sigh...XY has given DH all kinds of reasons to resent him.

This XY was the start of everything getting tangled. Ahahaha! From that duel that eventually saddled DH of looking after JH, but got him the baby fox FJ. Then that duel again at Mt Fuyu, where XY and FJ are trapped later to Fanyin VAlley - robbed DH again of perhaps the chance to properly court FJ for six months. That FJ and XY became best buddies must have caused a vein of him to pop. LMAO!

Fortunately FJ was able to hold her own against XY in the drama when Miao Luo started to control him during their sword fight, thanks to the intense training of DH. Otherwise, XY would have been right there and then killed if his blade ever connected to any part of FJ's body.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And there's the Miao Luo threat when he visited the chasm. Miao Luo realized that FJ is important to DH. She wanted the red Qi back and she later attempted to, but FJ was shielded by the Tiancang cage while sleeping.

It seems like petty pranking in DH's part to change places to order FJ around. DH however is the sort who plans his moves. FJ can huff while they live in the same courtyard, but his being there serves the purpose of enhanced protection for her. In the later parts of the series, the unfortunate chance that the the red Qi was taken while leaving the dream realm damaged her primordial spirit.

The Miao Luo banshee can go anytime anywhere, so IMO, the offer to FJ of confined training is also calculated to keep her within sight should there be another attempt, and the wards were up to block off the unwanted intruder. Given that the red Qi greatly increases the cultivation of Miao Luo, FJ should definitely be guarded even tighter than DH did for the previous Soul-Locking Jade.

Of course that's DH playing bodyguard/tutor, and as someone who likes hearing others crying the most, he'll take the chances too of riling up FJ, much like a boy pulling his crush's pigtails.

It's such an irony that the Soul Locking Jade was busted out of Tai Chen Palace by XY. Then for Meng Shao, FJ was busted out of the wards also by XY. :lol:

DH probably automatically calculates every single things he does. Let FJ fume, she would still be near him as he does his other behind the scene things. If he's quite petty with XY, sigh...XY has given DH all kinds of reasons to resent him.

This XY was the start of everything getting tangled. Ahahaha! From that duel that eventually saddled DH of looking after JH, but got him the baby fox FJ. Then that duel again at Mt Fuyu, where XY and FJ are trapped later to Fanyin VAlley - robbed DH again of perhaps the chance to properly court FJ for six months. That FJ and XY became best buddies must have caused a vein of him to pop. LMAO!

Fortunately FJ was able to hold her own against XY in the drama when Miao Luo started to control him during their sword fight, thanks to the intense training of DH. Otherwise, XY would have been right there and then killed if his blade ever connected to any part of FJ's body.

Bolded statement, so like Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables :D

8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Actually, let's just say Dong Hua made calculated moves from the day he entered the valley. Somewhere in his mind, he already wanted her, but he did not realise all his actions were because he is already in love with her, Book verse, he realised this when he watched her Saha fruit competition.

In the book, he actually did his research on her in that six month gap, which is why he knew she was scared of snakes (downright terrified of them), and she is a glutton for good food, etc. In dr ama verse -> Later on, when her birthmark glowed, he realises that Miao Luo's other tear is hidden inside Feng Jiu. He then hedged his bets and moved in. One, because he is in love and doesn't know it as yet, two, because he felt a deep sense of wanting to protect her which is linked to point number one.

Everything Dong Hua does is indeed calculated. He even planned her life for her after his "demise". He is a very practical person, he had to be, he grew up the hard way. Nothing he ever does is not without reason. Even chasing and winning her over is a calculated move.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Say for some reason, Xiao Yan couldn’t reach Dong Hua in time to pass on Jiheng’s message. And by the time Dong Hua arrives, Jiheng is dead. Obviously this was a suicide Mission. But how do you think Dong Hua would have reacted?

Who do you think Dong Hua is more jealous of? Xiao Yan or Shen Ye?

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Say for some reason, Xiao Yan couldn’t reach Dong Hua in time to pass on Jiheng’s message. And by the time Dong Hua arrives, Jiheng is dead. Obviously this was a suicide Mission. But how do you think Dong Hua would have reacted?

Who do you think Dong Hua is more jealous of? Xiao Yan or Shen Ye?

Since he both wanted to off them, it's at that level that he can contemplate it. :lol: Well, maybe Shen Ye, cos he's asked which part of Shen Ye is better than him. LMAO!

I hope it's  just bad subbing cos the innuendo there, and the glance down of FJ and her answer that she didn't make such comparison yet is really making me LOL! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2