[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Jiuge's reputation would have been in tatters if DH immediately exchanged places, not to mention how loud XY is when he arrived - called him ice face in front of Fuzi and the other students.

Why? What difference does it make if he switched now or later?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Why? What difference does it make if he switched now or later?

1. DH didn't know FJ and XY live in the same courtyard.

2. Decorum. That's for FJ's sake. Gossip about her bathing with DH has already reached Fanyin Valley.

3. DH and FJ didn't exactly part in good terms at Mt Fuyu.

4. With that "welcome greeting", would it be wise to live opposite someone who masterminded the trap hole...or challenged you for a fight? :lol:

5. No point inserting oneself to fan more hostilities, when there's a better chance after some days, of everyone amicable to changes.

6. He's a man who neatly wraps up things. XY is happy to move opposite JH, FJ gets the snow stake training, DH lives close enough to protect her from Miao Luo and far from the clingy musician.

None of it would have been smooth if he immediately changed places.

• Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

Here I am again. Sorry, due to the lockdown I had to homeschool three children. However, we are ready to resume posting to the blog!

We will be posting  the next Chapter of Lotus Step and our vision of Di Jun's children along with a story that we dreamed up for them. 

We hope you will enjoy them when it's finally all up!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Here I am again. Sorry, due to the lockdown I had to homeschool three children. However, we are ready to resume posting to the blog!

We will be posting  the next Chapter of Lotus Step and our vision of Di Jun's children along with a story that we dreamed up for them. 

How are you? Glad to see you back! Looking forward to the new blog contents.

:glee:

• Like 2

When Dong Hua tells the students to call him teacher, do you think he does that so Jiheng will no longer be the only one to use that address?

Jiheng, you lying hypocrite.

oh, Xiao Yan, I am so grateful you saved my life. Yeah; your attitude just screams gratitude. And it’s not like you’re the model of respectfulness. Especially since Xiao Yan is higher ranked than you are, Musician!

it is curious though. Jiheng said she would repay the favor if given the chance. If Xiao Yan had asked her for half of the fruit in ep 34 to repay the favor, would Jiheng have given it?

• Wiggle 2

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

When Dong Hua tells the students to call him teacher, do you think he does that so Jiheng will no longer be the only one to use that address?

Jiheng, you lying hypocrite.

oh, Xiao Yan, I am so grateful you saved my life. Yeah; your attitude just screams gratitude. And it’s not like you’re the model of respectfulness. Especially since Xiao Yan is higher ranked than you are, Musician!

it is curious though. Jiheng said she would repay the favor if given the chance. If Xiao Yan had asked her for half of the fruit in ep 34 to repay the favor, would Jiheng have given it?

Ji Heng in is not exactly known for being sacrificial to fulfill duties. Neither is she grateful. She has to be previously told to serve DH by ZL in his once every ten years stay in FV. So likely no that she will share to XY half.

She will likely rat out XY to DH that he wants her to give him half of the pimpon fruit. Kind of telling half the story like the way she victimized baby fox FJ, and lying to her that whoever is the winner will not be having the pimpon fruit as it was "promised" for her. JH is also pretentious and assuming for saying that DH's attention to FJ is temporary and just for want and novelty of a new "playmate".

Imagine a court musician dismissingly call a princess as a mere playmate. Tsk. The audacity, it's unbelievable in its rudeness.

• Insightful 1

Episode 29 just made me angry at Dong Hua for his tricks that I can’t even be Glad about his paying attention to Feng Jiu.

karma balance of scales: book version - Feng Jiu never did repay her life debt. Drama version - well...at least he apologized for the fruit theft.

Although it was satisfying to watch Xiao Yan tell Jiheng that Dong Hua basically gave him his blessing to pursue Jiheng.

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Episode 29 just made me angry at Dong Hua for his tricks that I can’t even be Glad about his paying attention to Feng Jiu.

karma balance of scales: book version - Feng Jiu never did repay her life debt. Drama version - well...at least he apologized for the fruit theft.

Although it was satisfying to watch Xiao Yan tell Jiheng that Dong Hua basically gave him his blessing to pursue Jiheng.

Chill. :lol: 

Reserve the  :onfirex: to when the mortal realm shenanigans of Lian Song plus one more being are revealed...

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Welcome back! Looking forward to the blog updates! :sipsboba:

• Like 1

When I think about it, Xiao Yan’s theories aren’t that ridiculous if you don’t know the full story. And especially if you were Feng Jiu and had seen how they were together before the wedding.

though the reasoning behind the switched houses, to make Jiheng jealous, was kind of farfetched. What man will let his beloved spend time with another man?

• Like 3

On 9/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, Megan said:

Ice Face, how dare you replace the Saha fruit with inferior peaches! I just reached the part of episode 28 where Meng Shao is telling Feng Jiu that the Saha fruit is way better than Feng Jiu’s replaced peach prize! The dude couldn’t even bother to give a decent replacement prize....

That was a shocker. He was so jealous, he misinterpreted the whole FJ and XY situation. 

The peach is probably not a bad price, but it wasn't what FJ worked so hard for.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

When I think about it, Xiao Yan’s theories aren’t that ridiculous if you don’t know the full story. And especially if you were Feng Jiu and had seen how they were together before the wedding.

though the reasoning behind the switched houses, to make Jiheng jealous, was kind of farfetched. What man will let his beloved spend time with another man?

Yeah...I thought some of the XY and FJ's theories weren't too off track. They were all blinded by their emotions to be objective.

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Chill. :lol: 

Reserve the   to when the mortal realm shenanigans of Lian Song plus one more being are revealed...

I am eager to read how badly Lian Song messed up. But seeing how he is always the mediator, he must have had a difficult time juggling hus responsibility and emotions.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

52 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I am eager to read how badly Lian Song messed up. But seeing how he is always the mediator, he must have had a difficult time juggling hus responsibility and emotions.

I would describe it as somewhat similar to YH's mess, somewhat DH's brand of pranking, and his so very own LS rascality and...snobbery. Yeah, he can be unbelievably dour and stuffy. But this guy is seriously talented. Even DH regards him as the most promising among Tianjun's sons. Of course it helps that he is his half son and practically grew up under DH's roof, hahaha!

• Wiggle 1

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

How are you? Glad to see you back! Looking forward to the new blog contents.

Yep was just busy home schooling. It's really tough ya know. :wut:

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I would describe it as somewhat similar to YH's mess, somewhat DH's brand of pranking, and his so very own LS rascality and...snobbery. Yeah, he can be unbelievably dour and stuffy. But this guy is seriously talented. Even DH regards him as the most promising among Tianjun's sons. Of course it helps that he is his half son and practically grew up under DH's roof, hahaha!

Well he will make a terrible mistake at the end of 24. A promise he will live to regret.

• Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yep was just busy home schooling. It's really tough ya know. 

Well he will make a terrible mistake at the end of 24. A promise he will live to regret.

I know hun, and you got three. But I bet it's some sort of bonding time too with the kids.

From chapter 20 upwards...gosh, reading those chapters stings so much. Lian Song should find out now how to grow another set of skin.

• Shocked 1

Finished episode 30. I’m like Feng Jiu, still holding a grudge at Dong Hua, so i can’t enjoy the DongFeng scenes as much as I would like to.

jiheng...how is showing up a junior going to impress Dong Hua? You say you are shamed by your past behavior. You seem as shameless as ever.

How come a Dong Hua did not know what Feng Jiu was up to if he sabotaged the tunnel?

and what was that leaf in hair scene about again? To prove that he was paying attention to her? Meh. 

• Where's My Oppa? 1

29 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 30. I’m like Feng Jiu, still holding a grudge at Dong Hua, so i can’t enjoy the DongFeng scenes as much as I would like to.

jiheng...how is showing up a junior going to impress Dong Hua? You say you are shamed by your past behavior. You seem as shameless as eve

It's called vying for someone's attention, or passive aggressive rivalry. Not only in fairyland, but this happens a lot with us mortals. -_-

30 minutes ago, Megan said:

How come a Dong Hua did not know what Feng Jiu was up to if he sabotaged the tunnel?

He already knew something was up when he saw FJ testing to enter the python ward at Ep29. I'd say that as he made a maze of the tunnel, he checked where it was supposed to lead.

30 minutes ago, Megan said:

and what was that leaf in hair scene about again? To prove that he was paying attention to her? Meh. 

That he's more than interested of her that he sees the minutest things at the briefest glances. It's meh for you now, but once you have a lover, you would want that lover to know how you generally look and to notice any changes. ^_^

Given that men are notorious for the inability to see what is different at one go, DH had shown he knows very well how FJ normally looks to notice that there's a deviation of a tiny, dried tea leaf stuck to her hair.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

58 minutes ago, Megan said:

Not sure if he doesn't know or suspect she wants the fruit though... 

In a way sabbotaging the tunnel brings to light what she's up to and he can draw her in; which he does later when he offers to train her.

That, and XY is part of the team which is a no go for DJ who wants her attention.

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That he's more than interested of her that he sees the minutest things at the briefest glances. It's meh for you now, but once you have a lover, you would want that lover to know how you generally look and to notice any changes. ^_^

Given that men are notorious for the inability to see what is different at one go, DH had shown he knows very well how FJ normally looks to notice that there's a deviation of a tiny, dried tea leaf stuck to her hair.

I aree! That's the impression I got from that scene. She also did not understand DJ's meaning when evaluating "her tea"  (can't blame her though, I didn't either :lol: ) which is why this scene was so very telling. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

I simply can't blame or hold a grudge against DH for the misunderstandings that arised between them...

When it comes to love, a feeling unknown to him- beautifully shown when he questions it after JH's farther sacrificed himself for her-  he's a novice.

His personallity is simple, almost childlike and I think he doesn't do things "while knowing better." He employs tactics that have obviously worked for him in other situations... He's an ancient recluse captivated by a young girl who dares to challenge him and even threaten him :lol:. He's amused and teases her, not out of malice, but curiousity. And even though one of his shenanigans contributed to her ending up in FV, he's not entirely to blame imo. FJ did step out of the protective shield didn't she? I think he saw no harm bringing her as XY is no match for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I aree! That's the impression I got from that scene. She also did not understand DJ's meaning when evaluating "her tea"  (can't blame her though, I didn't either :lol: ) which is why this scene was so very telling. 

Somewhere in the pages of this thread, somebody shared an IG or Twitter post about that first and second taste of tea. What he was saying to her which she wasn't quite grasping was very telling on how he regards her.

I think when DH was speaking about the first and second taste of tea, the tea he was talking about is FJ.

The first time he had those first glances of her (by the bridge, and the wedding ceremony she left), he did not see anything that makes her stand out. I would also agree - FJ was trying to confirm the gossip of Si Ming, then she sneaks out -  nothing to be impressed about. As tea, FJ at first sip was what you'll expect a tea would be.

But then, there's a jolly young lady joking with Si Ming at Jiuchongtian gate. She could fluster Si Ming. Then she mentions him with easy familiarity. Interesting indeed, and pretty sure DH was intrigued the way he stared at her as she sooooo formally denied that she knows him. That he zeroed in to her immediately at the wedding banquet when she entered carrying that plant pot...there's more to the second sip of the tea. 

We can all say that if every other sips are the encounters between DH and FJ at Jiuchongtian, that tea has a lot of flavour, colour, and aroma...He is addicted, hahahaha! Enough so that he will seek out that tea again at Fanyin Valley, for tasting more surprises!  :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2