Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

10 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

This one has definitely been translated before, but don't remember by who and it's cute, so I did it again anyways!

KgQDPD6.png

weibo.com/tangqigongzi

Dong Hua was definitely not that courteous in the drama. Instead of “will you marry me?”, he says “I will marry you.” On the bright side, at least he didn’t insult her in that proposal.

My fav DongFeng comic in the picture books is when Feng Jiu asks Dong Hua about the issue of her homework while he goes off on a trip. When Dong Hua tells her he completed it already, she leaves him speechless that she is going back to sleep then. In other words, the only reason she wanted to send him off early in the morning was because of homework, not because she missed him. lol. I like this comic because the rest of the DongFeng comics show DJ having the upper hand and last laugh. Poor FJ. 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
15 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua was definitely not that courteous in the drama. Instead of “will you marry me?”, he says “I will marry you.” On the bright side, at least he didn’t insult her in that proposal.

At least FJ was lucid when he told her his very straightforward intent to marry her. They are in a relationship after all. ^_^ His proposal is still better than BQ's - she asked YH to marry her as payment for taking care of him. :lol: 

The worst and senselessly irresponsible would have been Bai Yi in the way he almost got FJ married off to Cang'yi in EP 23. Who hands contracts to someone so drunk, and lets her fix signature when she's inebriated? Also, Cang'yi didn't even formally meet FJ first before sending the marriage contract through ZY. He was good to acknowledge that shortcomings of his. While Bai Yi...:wacko:

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
On 8/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

This one has definitely been translated before, but don't remember by who and it's cute, so I did it again anyways

weibo.com/tangqigongzi

He was right! BGG'd intelligence is way above the average.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, MayanEcho said:

The number of girls plus one brave lad interested/attracted/obsessed with him in eight deserts and six directions is frightening. I'll hide in Tai Chen Palace too, and half parent the Jiuchongtian rascal Lian Song rather than face that horde. :lol:

The weirdo of Tai Chen who avoids crowd like the plague left his palace and joined the wedding procession in Qing Qiu...because the time has finally come for him to meet his Xiao Bai. :)

Fangirls/fanboys can be rather frightening! 

DH did a fantastic job half parenting LS. He is smart and have good values. 

I absolutely love all the fan art you posted :fullofhearts:

19 hours ago, Megan said:

At first when I watched it, I thought that was not a proposal! 

But after thinking about it, it was great how DH was firm about marrying FJ. Like there was no other option from his point of view. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
On 8/17/2020 at 11:08 AM, ChibiLy said:

Fangirls/fanboys can be rather frightening! 

DH did a fantastic job half parenting LS. He is smart and have good values. 

I absolutely love all the fan art you posted 

I'm glad you like them! The artists are so talented, and they also loved ELOD and TMOPB.

LS and DH close relationship isn't just from playing board games, but from close interactions way, way back. The bluntness and sharp tongue of DH doesn't bother LS anymore, and yet with him, DH also would say things he'll never really tell others. Like FJ is a beauty, and that she's interesting. :lol: (ELOD ep 25, 26 / PB1 p32, p52)

LS, even if he's the incorrigible Jiuchongtian rascal, also has DH's backing. That, will be more apparent in Lotus Steps.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what do you thing happened to Zhihe’s maid? Did she go into exile with her mistress? Or did she stay around in time to hear news that Dong Hua was marrying Feng Jiu?

I just watched episode 2. I love how Feng Jiu has allies. What disappointed me was how she gave up too easily to save the butterfly. Even if Chonglin distracted her, saving a butterfly is more important than keeping this brutal job. There are other ways to pay a life debt. 
On the bright side, it is so satisfying to see Dong Hua ignore Zhihe.

• Wiggle 1
42 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, what do you thing happened to Zhihe’s maid? Did she go into exile with her mistress? Or did she stay around in time to hear news that Dong Hua was marrying Feng Jiu?

Yu Ru? Probably sent away. She was with Zhi He in the show confronting Ji Heng. She was likely seen as an accomplice with Zhi He's husband snagging tricks.

In the book, Zhi He is in Bingcang ceremony. So she'd know right there and then that DH and FJ are married.

There were those among the spectators who were genuinely worried for her, and there were those who were there only for the spectacle. Leading the former group was Cang'yi Shenjun who had always been secretly admiring Fengjiu, even till now. The latter group was led by Donghua Dijun's foster sister, Princess Zhi'he. (PB2, p395)

In the drama adaptation, ZL sent the invitations to all families. The wedding of the Emperor is a big event among immortals and deities. Even in exile, ZH is bound to hear about it.

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

What disappointed me was how she gave up too easily to save the butterfly. Even if Chonglin distracted her, saving a butterfly is more important than keeping this brutal job. There are other ways to pay a life debt. 

It's not that she doesn't want to save the butterfly, but she'll either be punished more if she defies ZH by insisting to save the butterfly, or she'll be sent out. Above all, they shouldn't know she's a princess too.

FJ was there in the palace to pay back the favour, and her identity as the Qing Qiu's only heiress must be concealed. She has to act like a servant and be subservient. Had FJ been beaten up as ZH planned, and her identity is revealed, that will cause another uproar between the nine-tailed fox clan and the celestials.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yu Ru? Probably sent away. She was with Zhi He in the show confronting Ji Heng. She was likely seen as an accomplice with Zhi He's husband snagging tricks.

But is she still in Taichen Palace when it becomes clear Feng Jiu will become the lady of the palace? I find it awkward to think of Feng Jiu and Yu Ru in the same Palace after she bullied Feng Jiu who will now be her boss.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Megan said:

But is she still in Taichen Palace when it becomes clear Feng Jiu will become the lady of the palace? I find it awkward to think of Feng Jiu and Yu Ru in the same Palace after she bullied Feng Jiu who will now be her boss.

Yu Ru wasn't shown in the show anymore after the wedding fiasco. She's either exiled with ZH, in jail, or dismissed, because pretty sure she connived with her mistress in trying to hoodwink DH.

If anybody has to feel awkward should she still be in Tai Chen palace, it's the maid who bullied a newcomer and younger maid. Never mind that she didn't know FJ was a princess. She was mean for the same reasons as ZH. They both see FJ's effortless charm and grace, and they're jealous of her beauty.

• Insightful 1

I am currently interested in writing a novel based on ancient mystical China. Hence why I am reading fiction books (not online!) about this.

what I have read so far:

1) Spin The Dawn

2) To The Sky Kingdom (currently)

3) 3 kingdoms (not really mystical but I loved the movie.)

4) 1000 beginnings and endings

5) fortune cookie fox

6) city of a thousand dolls

to read list:

1) Chinese fairy tales and legends

2) wicked fox

3) forest of a thousand lanterns

4) strange stories from a Chinese studio

5) classic of mountains and seas

any other reading suggestions? Plz mention only print books.

I also can’t remember where it was, but there was a link to a lot of ELOD comics. One of the comics showed Xiao Jiu jumping off the cliff and Xuanren crying no, but it was revealed that Xiao Jiu had just been bungee jumping and asked the emperor to join her because it was fun. The emperor and his Guards were left with wide eyes.

any body know the link?

• Like 2

Food for thought:

we both know Dong Hua and Xuanren are very possessive of Feng Jiu and refuse to share her. Shen Ye on the other hand was willing to let her be married to his master.

the main difference is that Dong Hua and Xuanren are pretty much at the top of the social ladder. Shen Ye, while high in status, is not the most powerful person and believes his master can protect Aranya better. If Shen Ye was as influential and powerful as Xize, do you think he would have protested their marriage?

• Insightful 1
2 hours ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

we both know Dong Hua and Xuanren are very possessive of Feng Jiu and refuse to share her. Shen Ye on the other hand was willing to let her be married to his master.

the main difference is that Dong Hua and Xuanren are pretty much at the top of the social ladder. Shen Ye, while high in status, is not the most powerful person and believes his master can protect Aranya better. If Shen Ye was as influential and powerful as Xize, do you think he would have protested their marriage?

Aranya's marriage to Xi Ze was more of political move by tyrannical Xiangli Que to control the shrine. As for Shen Ye, he could not say or do anything about the marriage because it took place on the day he returned to Fanyin Valley.

Ironically, Shen Ye went to Jiuchongtian for 90 days in place of supposedly sick and about to die Xi Ze.

Ever since Xize contracted his illness, everything at the shrine naturally fell onto his shoulders. This year, Jiuchongtian's Taishang Laojun held a lecture on the theory of zen at the Moonlight Garden on the 32nd celestial sky. He attended in place of Xize. At first, the gathering was said to last a long and dull 81 days. But because so many immortals were invited to the seminar, there formed a liveliness in the atmosphere. Taking advantage of the high spirits, the fruit fairy hosted a fruit party for the immortals, extending the event for nine more days. 

He never thought that by the time he returned to Fanyin Valley, he would be hearing wedding music. 

Aranya got married. Her groom was Xize. (PB2, pp308-309)

Shen Ye was supposed to be the saviour too of Aranya from the snake formation. Yet another irony, that on the day he returned from his 20 years seclusion, during the banquet prepared for him, SMY has taken Aranya to be his disciple. At that time, he acknowledged that he has no power to rescue her, and that SMY Can give her better protection. (PB2, pp305-307)

Even if Shen Ye was the archmage before Aranya's marriage, it is doubtful that he will have a say on whom her parents, who happened to be the king and queen, arrange her marriage to. Even SMY who was influential himself, was Aranya's master, and was in love with her, couldn't do anything. 

Besides, what can Shen Ye really protest of, when Aranya is getting married to his own master and predecessor? Marriage to Xi Ze was one of the best things to happen with Aranya, since she was given freedom and protection, she gained a good friend, and he was there to help fulfill her last wishes after he broke her out from her prison. 

• Insightful 1
53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Aranya's marriage to Xi Ze was more of political move by tyrannical Xiangli Que to control the shrine. As for Shen Ye, he could not say or do anything about the marriage because it took place on the day he returned to Fanyin Valley.

Ironically, Shen Ye went to Jiuchongtian for 90 days in place of supposedly sick and about to die Xi Ze.

Ever since Xize contracted his illness, everything at the shrine naturally fell onto his shoulders. This year, Jiuchongtian's Taishang Laojun held a lecture on the theory of zen at the Moonlight Garden on the 32nd celestial sky. He attended in place of Xize. At first, the gathering was said to last a long and dull 81 days. But because so many immortals were invited to the seminar, there formed a liveliness in the atmosphere. Taking advantage of the high spirits, the fruit fairy hosted a fruit party for the immortals, extending the event for nine more days. 

He never thought that by the time he returned to Fanyin Valley, he would be hearing wedding music. 

Aranya got married. Her groom was Xize. (PB2, pp308-309)

Shen Ye was supposed to be the saviour too of Aranya from the snake formation. Yet another irony, that on the day he returned from his 20 years seclusion, during the banquet prepared for him, SMY has taken Aranya to be his disciple. At that time, he acknowledged that he has no power to rescue her, and that SMY Can give her better protection. (PB2, pp305-307)

Even if Shen Ye was the archmage before Aranya's marriage, it is doubtful that he will have a say on whom her parents, who happened to be the king and queen, arrange her marriage to. Even SMY who was influential himself, was Aranya's master, and was in love with her, couldn't do anything. 

Besides, what can Shen Ye really protest of, when Aranya is getting married to his own master and predecessor? Marriage to Xi Ze was one of the best things to happen with Aranya, since she was given freedom and protection, she gained a good friend, and he was there to help fulfill her last wishes after he broke her out from her prison. 

I know. But say Shen Ye was the one with Xize’s ability to protect Aranya. Would he fight for her hand in marriage then?

41 minutes ago, Megan said:

I know. But say Shen Ye was the one with Xize’s ability to protect Aranya. Would he fight for her hand in marriage then?

If the situation was right, and if their supposed fate wasn't altered, he might. But there's still the possibility that he will not whether their fate was altered or not. That was still Xi Ze. Any other men, he probably would, if he was there.

The parents of Aranya would still have the last say on who she would be wife to, since marriages in their time and place are in the hands of the elders. Even if he's the strongest archmage, the parental rights of the king and queen, as Aranya was still a minor that time, would still supercede Sheng Ye's power and influence.

Note that Sheng Ye's engagement was also arranged, as even if he was an archmage, by consanguinity he is obliged to follow the king's diktats.

• Sad 2