[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Watched episode 22. I liked it, Feng Jiu’s sadness notwithstanding.

Cheng Yu makes me laugh at how she rejects Lian Song. And she is such a good friend to Feng Jiu!

im glad Xuanren’s love was strong enough to still affect Dong Hua.

this is my favorite Ali out of all media versions. Somehow I think Yang Mi looks prettier here than in Eternal Love.

does anyone think Jiheng’s goodbye letter was cold hearted?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Megan said:

Cheng Yu makes me laugh at how she rejects Lian Song. And she is such a good friend to Feng Jiu!

this is my favorite Ali out of all media versions. Somehow I think Yang Mi looks prettier here than in Eternal Love.

Cheng Yu is so loyal to FJ. :love: And yup, she's making fun of Lian Song's supposed reputation as playboy rascal.

About how his mortal realm misfortune follows him to Jiuchongtian, perhaps it's because DH when he loves someone, can only love that way. He wasn't supposed to remember, but he does.

I think Yang Mi is prettier as BQ too in ELOD, probably because in ELOD she's more relaxed as she's preparing for the wedding. Unlike in TMOPB, she was mostly mourning MY/YH. 

Re JH's letter to XY, it's cold and quite ungrateful. It's understandable that she wants to leave before he returns, but she could have wrote a more thankful letter. Not liking XY isn't an excuse. He still helped her regain her memories and was doing his best to be a good host.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I think Yang Mi is prettier as BQ too in ELOD, probably because in ELOD she's more relaxed as she's preparing for the wedding. Unlike in TMOPB, she was mostly mourning MY/YH.

It's really nice they brought back another og character even though they left out other people that were supposed to the story like moyuan, yehua. etc.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

It's really nice they brought back another og character even though they left out other people that were supposed to the story like moyuan, yehua. etc.

It was unfortunate. Timings for some of the artists when they're available for scenes and the pre-production issues caused some changes. I'm happy though that the story is still followed very closely despite the absence of other characters.

• Love 1

I have to say, while Feng Jiu has the best wedding dress, Jiheng’s wedding crown was definitely the most spectacular. Probably to make up for the plain wedding dress.

meanwhile, what are your thoughts on Xiao Yan trying to steal the bride? While I hate the idea of Jiheng marrying Dong Hua, even though it was fake anyway, his actions were wrong. Jiheng definitely was not interested in Xiao Yan, wasn’t it kind of wrong for Xiao Yan to interfere? At least Feng Jiu decided to gracefully back out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I have to say, while Feng Jiu has the best wedding dress, Jiheng’s wedding crown was definitely the most spectacular. Probably to make up for the plain wedding dress.

meanwhile, what are your thoughts on Xiao Yan trying to steal the bride? While I hate the idea of Jiheng marrying Dong Hua, even though it was fake anyway, his actions were wrong. Jiheng definitely was not interested in Xiao Yan, wasn’t it kind of wrong for Xiao Yan to interfere? At least Feng Jiu decided to gracefully back out

It's a beautiful and elaborate headpiece. Just my opinion, but that shade and colour doesn't seem to suit FJ. 

Xiao Yan was thoughtless and given to impulses. Well, he might have feelings with JH, but his wants doesn't necessarily mean it's good or acceptable. 

Also, if there's already a wedding, the decent thing to do is back off. Not create a spectacle. JH never asked XY's assistance to help escape the wedding arrangement of Xuyang for her, so there was no reason good enough for XY to justify what he did.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

It's a beautiful and elaborate headpiece. Just my opinion, but that shade and colour doesn't seem to suit FJ. 

Xiao Yan was thoughtless and given to impulses. Well, he might have feelings with JH, but his wants doesn't necessarily mean it's good or acceptable. 

Also, if there's already a wedding, the decent thing to do is back off. Not create a spectacle. JH never asked XY's assistance to help escape the wedding arrangement of Xuyang for her, so there was no reason good enough for XY to justify what he did.

If Jiheng really wanted to marry Dong Hua, what would Xiao Yan do? Suppose he successfully kidnapped her, then what?

not that there’s any chance of a real wedding. Dong Hua would rather be the runaway groom than an unwilling husband.

• LOL 2

Currently reading a fanfiction, and I can’t help wondering, we know Xuanren has um...mature?....um....adult content dreams of Xiao Jiu and gets all giggly in his sleep.

now that Dong Hua knows he is in love with Feng Jiu...how do you think he sleeps? (please give me an answer beyond the pillow comparison) The one time we see him sleeping is when Feng Jiu is painting a house, and even then I suspect he was pretending to sleep while waiting for her to join him.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua would rather be the runaway groom than an unwilling husband

I'd pay to see him do his runaway groom act :lol: Uh-oh, that pretty lad in his bed is waving. LMAO!

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Currently reading a fanfiction, and I can’t help wondering, we know Xuanren has um...mature?....um....adult content dreams of Xiao Jiu and gets all giggly in his sleep.

now that Dong Hua knows he is in love with Feng Jiu...how do you think he sleeps? (please give me an answer beyond the pillow comparison) The one time we see him sleeping is when Feng Jiu is painting a house, and even then I suspect he was pretending to sleep while waiting for her to join him.

He might doze, but will not be able to really sleep deeply until she's beside him. There's that comfort and security when you know your one and only is next to you.

For him he might wait and listen to her breathing while she sleeps before he also sleeps.

Thinking of that 200 wedding gowns he designed/created, I'd say he made those at nights out of longing for his wife. A wedding gown signifies a union. For DH, it's his dreams of her and what could have beens that fueled his creative outlet during their separation. From the sketching to the last stitch, it was all for her. Only then that perhaps, at certain points of designing and creating, that he could sleep.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd pay to see him do his runaway groom act :lol: Uh-oh, that pretty lad in his bed is waving. LMAO!

He might doze, but will not be able to really sleep deeply until she's beside him. There's that comfort and security when you know your one and only is next to you.

For him he might wait and listen to her breathing while she sleeps before he also sleeps.

Thinking of that 200 wedding gowns he designed/created, I'd say he made those at nights out of longing for his wife. A wedding gown signifies a union. For DH, it's his dreams of her and what could have beens that fueled his creative outlet during their separation. From the sketching to the last stitch, it was all for her. Only then that perhaps, at certain points of designing and creating, that he could sleep.

The first part made me want to laugh. The second part made me want to cry.

i can imagine Dong Hua going to his bed, sleeping alone like he had always done before. Only now he can’t because he feels alone and longing.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Finish episode 23. I do adore how Dong Hua isn’t able to forget Xiao Bai so easily, his heart even aches.

I’ve already heard about how Bai Yi was wrong for rushing the marriage when Feng Jiu was drunk, but I also think he’s dim.

marriage proposal aside, who lectures a drunk when they are going to forget it tomorrow?

and what’s wrong with mourning for a mortal? Ye Hua did it for Su Su. If you don’t show compassion, Qing Qiu will have heartless rulers indeed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Finish episode 23. I do adore how Dong Hua isn’t able to forget Xiao Bai so easily, his heart even aches.

I’ve already heard about how Bai Yi was wrong for rushing the marriage when Feng Jiu was drunk, but I also think he’s dim.

marriage proposal aside, who lectures a drunk when they are going to forget it tomorrow?

and what’s wrong with mourning for a mortal? Ye Hua did it for Su Su. If you don’t show compassion, Qing Qiu will have heartless rulers indeed.

Bai Yi has wanted to marry off FJ for a long time and he's quite relieved that someone reliable proposed marriage to his daughter. He was really wrong though to discuss it when she is so drunk. Ali was at least sensible there to tell that his cousin is very sad.

• Like 2

Regarding Cang Yi, did anyone else get Beauty and the Beast vibes when he said they would fall in love since they would be living together?

sheesh, at least Ye Hua and Sang Ji were sent to Bai Qian to court her rather than an immediate marriage.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, Megan said:

Me too! But I think it reinforce how DH does not care what other people think. His actions were a means to an end. 

If it was another male, he would most likely be upset, thinking how others would gossip and say he was left at the alter by the bride.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Regarding Cang Yi, did anyone else get Beauty and the Beast vibes when he said they would fall in love since they would be living together?

sheesh, at least Ye Hua and Sang Ji were sent to Bai Qian to court her rather than an immediate marriage.

If DH wasn't around, Cang Yi may have been a charming male lead! He did seem to get FJ's free spirit and forgiving to her aggressive way of trying to solve the problem.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Me too! But I think it reinforce how DH does not care what other people think. His actions were a means to an end. 

If it was another male, he would most likely be upset, thinking how others would gossip and say he was left at the alter by the bride.

If DH wasn't around, Cang Yi may have been a charming male lead! He did seem to get FJ's free spirit and forgiving to her aggressive way of trying to solve the problem.

For the first part; I was talking about Xiao Yan, not Dong Hua. I think you misunderstood that passage.

for the second part, I admit I was touched that Cang Yi actually collected novelties for Feng Jiu to enjoy once they were wed, but I also felt frustrated by him. She doesn’t want to marry you. Just cancel the marriage and court her then! It felt like he was a chain attached to her leg. Decorated with flowers but unwanted.

Skimming some passages. Part of me imagined a scenario when Dong Hua agrees to hire Jiheng as a maid, but to her dismay, she is to be Zhihe’s maid, while Dong Hua decides to move to the exclusive Blue Sea.

13 minutes ago, Megan said:

For the first part; I was talking about Xiao Yan, not Dong Hua. I think you misunderstood that passage.

for the second part, I admit I was touched that Cang Yi actually collected novelties for Feng Jiu to enjoy once they were wed, but I also felt frustrated by him. She doesn’t want to marry you. Just cancel the marriage and court her then! It felt like he was a chain attached to her leg. 

I can understand your frustration. Somehow I thought Cang Yi may not have known how FJ was against the marriage, given that she signed off the agreement. 

Overall, I think Cang Yi came off as a decent person. He asked for FJ's hand in marriage and let her go when she refused. This is based on the drama version. I forgotten how he was in the novel.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, MayanEcho said:

Weakened state, betrayed by his own brother, his general dead, and immediately after, his beloved left. SXR went through a lot of heartaches in succession within a short time, rendering him unfit to rule. He was at least still responsible enough to acknowledge that he can't lead anymore.

Chengyu collapsed after 10 years when Nie Chuyin succeeded to take the Lingbi stone.

Dong Hua may stop if FJ actually asks him to and if she meant it. She never would say that though, and they've always felt the same way to each other. For DH, he'll always remember or care for her whoever she is, in whichever life, just that they should at least meet once.

Like SXR, DH will never give her up without a fight.

Poor SXR. Not surprised how he got depressed and gave up on life. He seemed like a decent King before things went down hill with Xiao Jiu. Thinking back, SXR didn't ask for much and he had so much to give.

Agree with you regarding SXR and DH not giving up without a fight. They go out of their way to ensure Xiao Jiu/FJ are with them.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I can understand your frustration. Somehow I thought Cang Yi may not have known how FJ was against the marriage, given that she signed off the agreement. 

Overall, I think Cang Yi came off as a decent person. He asked for FJ's hand in marriage and let her go when she refused. This is based on the drama version. I forgotten how he was in the novel.

Poor SXR. Not surprised how he got depressed and gave up on life. He seemed like a decent King before things went down hill with Xiao Jiu. Thinking back, SXR didn't ask for much and he had so much to give.

Agree with you regarding SXR and DH not giving up without a fight. They go out of their way to ensure Xiao Jiu/FJ are with them.

Cang Yi also asked Bai Yi to show leniency on Feng Jiu despite destroying his palace in the novel.

what did you expect Bai Yi? You tied her up and send her off. Did you honestly think she would resign herself to that fate?

as for Xuanren; he fought for Xiao Jiu and chose her to be his empress, but that scene when he made the announcement? It’s like he was daring  Qingti protest. The very least Qingti could have said was “Xiao Jiu préférs the countryside. Did your majesty ask her opinion on this?”

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 3:36 PM, MayanEcho said:

@Bai Gun Gun

----+++++----

Dong Hua on the other hand, is unhampered by any rules on whoever he would choose for his wife, and nothing to restrain him too in his shamelessness, like make up stories being poisoned by the water serpent and its effect to him. LOL. What a change for the icy face, recluse deity revered for his zen.

There's no doubt on his commitment to FJ though. He can follow her everywhere wherever it would lead, and he desires to take her wherever he goes. Whether in life or death. His love lets her be free on whatever she wants to do and grow as she wishes. His love for her too is all consuming, he will never be able to fully accept it that FJ will love another man. 

I don't mean that in a bad way, but that DH is that sort who will exhaust all means, fix what can be fixed, win her back however way it's possible. And if nothing anymore works, he would not stop FJ filing for divorce if it comes to that. He will let her divorce him, but for DH until his death, he remains faithful to her, only FJ owns his heart, and she is the only wife for him.

----+++++----

that is beautifully written!

The best thing about their relationship is that it feels equal and so compatible.

DH wants to take FJ everywhere with him, FJ will accept nothing less. 

@Bai Gun Gun I felt the same way as you do while watching TMOPB. YH had many expectations and responsibilities to juggle, but I couldn't accept the way he "protected" BQ. I know it was not YH's intention, but due to his actions, BQ suffered psychological and physical trauma. It's no wonder she needed to forget their relationship. 

23 minutes ago, Megan said:

Cang Yi also asked Bai Yi to show leniency on Feng Jiu despite destroying his palace in the novel.

what did you expect Bai Yi? You tied her up and send her off. Did you honestly think she would resign herself to that fate?

as for Xuanren; he fought for Xiao Jiu and chose her to be his empress, but that scene when he made the announcement? It’s like he was daring  Qingti protest. The very least Qingti could have said was “Xiao Jiu préférs the countryside. Did your majesty ask her opinion on this?”

Bai Yi loves FJ dearly, but he have questionable parenting skills. He definitely over-reacted.

SXR was impressive, he fought for Xiao Jiu from the beginning to the end. He truly followed his heart.

It was sad to see SXR and Qingti's rapport fell apart.  They were a good team. Qingti and SXR are quite similar, they were both willing to do whatever to keep Xiao Jiu happy.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, MayanEcho said:

Her possessiveness and sense of "ownership" is out of whack. <_< Her treatment of Xiao Jiu when she was a maid at Tai Chen was very bad...she even killed the Mufeng butterfly because it became friends with FJ. :(

For both the book and drama, Zhi He didn't learn from DH. He did try training/teaching her, but she apparently doesn't want to learn anything because DH is there. :phew:

and @SilverDawn I find Zhi He's character most disturbing. She scares me because of the lack of remorse and violent tendency. 

How scary is that, she even tried to stab FJ and only stopped because she was caught. 

JH may be self centred and obsessive, but she never tried to physically harm anyone.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:49 AM, Megan said:

Ali is super cute in ELOD. So is BGG. Where do they find these adorable kids?

I agree. Yang Mi look prettier in ELOD. Although I liked FJ's hairstyle in TMOPB, I felt FJ looked prettier in ELOD. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

find Zhi He's character most disturbing. She scares me because of the lack of remorse and violent tendency. 

How scary is that, she even tried to stab FJ and only stopped because she was caught. 

JH may be self centred and obsessive, but she never tried to physically harm anyone.

SAME!

im bored right now and hence I came up with this idea. What if Xiao Jiu fell sick in the mortal realm? I don’t know, Cos of Rain? Flu season?

of course the emperor comes to visit her, but how will he react to seeing his favoured concubine acting so childishly, and physically? He will definitsly know that Xiao Jiu is a mummy’s girl.

• Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

SAME!

im bored right now and hence I came up with this idea. What if Xiao Jiu fell sick in the mortal realm? I don’t know, Cos of Rain? Flu season?

of course the emperor comes to visit her, but how will he react to seeing his favoured concubine acting so childishly, and physically? He will definitsly know that Xiao Jiu is a mummy’s girl.

There'll be a search party sent for Xiao Jiu's mummy. Hahaha! Well, all the physicians would be called for sure. Lucky for SXR and Muyun that FJ doesn't normally get sick, hahaha!

On the other hand, she is overwhelmed by pain or faints from backfires that she couldn't be coquettish from sheer lack of strength, I guess. Otherwise, usual illness would be same display as in Fanyin Valley.

• Shocked 1