[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Watched episode 24. If Dong Hua can’t be haunted by Xiao Jiu, then he shall be haunted by his pet. Cheng Yu...you got tricked. You only promised to help check the list, not the whole party!

seeing Dong Hua prank Feng Jiu...it does seem kind of mean, especially when she isn’t so quick to accuse Migu (like in the novel) but this is a weirdo who poisons his friends.

11 hours ago, Megan said:

as for Xuanren; he fought for Xiao Jiu and chose her to be his empress, but that scene when he made the announcement? It’s like he was daring  Qingti protest. The very least Qingti could have said was “Xiao Jiu préférs the countryside. Did your majesty ask her opinion on this?”

More suspicions and dislike will be heaped on to Xiao Jiu if Qingti said something...she's been very favoured despite her unclear background. SXR's advisers were accepting of her as a hero and saviour to their Emperor, but as an Empress they want one with lineage and reputation they can track and confirm.

11 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

She scares me because of the lack of remorse and violent tendency. 

How scary is that, she even tried to stab FJ and only stopped because she was caught.

Anyone suspicious that the gossips of DH being bloodthirsty is actually that of ZH? DH just let himself get the bad reputation instead of the foster sister, as one way of repaying her parents giving him shelter.

He is a warrior and can willingly take the whole clan's heads if he needs to, as he told XY before duelling for the Soul Locking jade. The keyword there though is that there is a justifiable enough reason why he would. Unlike ZH who would kill/hurt anyone out of meanness and being petty.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Watched episode 24. If Dong Hua can’t be haunted by Xiao Jiu, then he shall be haunted by his pet. Cheng Yu...you got tricked. You only promised to help check the list, not the whole party!

seeing Dong Hua prank Feng Jiu...it does seem kind of mean, especially when she isn’t so quick to accuse Migu (like in the novel) but this is a weirdo who poisons his friends.

LS tricking CY is an attempt to chase after her...probably hoping of the return of how CY was with him in the past. <_< Too bad for LS, CY learned the lessons too well.

DH's first prank of FJ is likely "test or payback" on what he overheard at the gate. She tells SM she won't be able to take revenge on DH's tricks. Actually, it felt to me that he was daring her to do or say something when FJ became the sudden focus of everybody's attention. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

DH's first prank of FJ is likely "test or payback" on what he overheard at the gate. She tells SM she won't be able to take revenge on DH's tricks. Actually, it felt to me that he was daring her to do or say something when FJ became the sudden focus of everybody's attention. :lol:

I think so too... DH wants to play :phew: 

He already somewhat knows what she can be like when she's not wearing her "Queenie mask" He's curious what she would do and was tickled when she blamed Migu ( n the novel) without so much as a blink.

The amused look he gives her in FY valley after she "graciously" returned the handkerchief is priceless! And he admitted it himself later on how he likes the real FJ more then the restrained one :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, Megan said:

Does anyone get the impression that Dong Hua is a man of few words, judging by how he addresses his intention to wed Xiao Bai to her family, and they are stunned by the mere speech length?

Well, Bai Yi knew him in the army. Zhe Yan also said so that all he said in the dinner were more words than what he ever uttered for years. 

Ep26, DH says he's succinct.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

The amused look he gives her in FY valley after she "graciously" returned the handkerchief is priceless! And he admitted it himself later on how he likes the real FJ more then the restrained one :)

I love that scene! I wonder though how it would be if as in the book, FJ transformed into her full fox form. Then she confronts DJ, blows on the hanky then flings it on the ground, as she sashays to leave with her nine tails in full show. :lol:

The image of a small fox shaking her paw to someone with DH's height....

:Megalol:

• LOL 2

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently watching episode 25. The sky lord sounds like Zhi He, asking why isn’t Dong Hua there to watch flowers with him.

DH's presence = more prestige 

That's how rarely he is seen other than the times he attends courts.

More than halfway through the episode. I just thought of a scenario.

Ali comes to Bai Qian asking her to teach him to be shameless.

BQ: Don’t ask for such a lesson. It isn’t becoming. I’m sure Feng Jiu is aware of this by now.

Ali: but Feng Jiu is encouraging Gun Gun to be shameless. She says if he can outshame his father, Gun Gun can sleep with her instead while Dong Hua will sleep by himself.

Bai Qian: how did Dong Hua respond to this?

Ali: Brother Dong Hua did not look worried. He says he looks forward to seeing what Gun Gun has inherited from him, but it is unlikely that the son can beat the father.

BQ: ....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Finished the episode. At last DongFeng meet. Wish it could have been more romantic but that’s impossible. 
For someone who likes peace and quiet, Dong Hua sure can be dramatic when he saves Feng Jiu.

"The boy, is trying to impress the girl." 

:sweet:

• Like 2

Why do you think Dong Hua agreed to let Zhihe come back? Do you think he really believes she wants to continue cultivation after she kept relying on him? He doesn’t hold affection for her family and honestly it just makes practical sense to keep her away from him, and learn to improve her personality? What happen to not spoiling her?

also, which idea is more shocking? Dong Hua kneeling and begging for forgiveness, or Dong Hua giving Feng Jiu a foot massage?

15 hours ago, Megan said:

Why do you think Dong Hua agreed to let Zhihe come back? Do you think he really believes she wants to continue cultivation after she kept relying on him? He doesn’t hold affection for her family and honestly it just makes practical sense to keep her away from him, and learn to improve her personality? What happen to not spoiling her?

also, which idea is more shocking? Dong Hua kneeling and begging for forgiveness, or Dong Hua giving Feng Jiu a foot massage?

For the flower festival only that ZH was summoned in Jiuchongtian, and not by DH per se. If you meant her staying in Tai Chen again, it's because the organizers requested if he can spare ZH a room.

Since ZH didn't get pardon she's still exiled from Jiuchongtian. DH also told her that when the banquet was over, to return to the West Deserts.

I honestly can't see DH kneeling and begging for forgiveness, but he can bow to requests for some things.  He asks what he can do to prove himself though, so he will kneel if that's the condition.

When he can open his chest and carve out half his heart, or absorb Qiushui poison to absolutely cut relations, would other things still be difficult for him to do? ;)

No surprise of the foot massage, as he was offering FJ to apply cotton rose ointment too before when she was training. ^_^

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Currently watching episode 26, forget Dong Hua being jealous of his own son. Ali doesn’t just cling to his mom, he clings to his cousin.

That's why he tells Ali he'll send him to Kunlun if he was Ye Hua. ***Evil laugh***

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Finished episode 26!

delightful to see Zhihe being dismissed.

Ali is so cute disguised or worried!

weirdo still makes me laugh.

i really would like to see Dong Hua carry a tree home.

and Dong Hua looks satisfyingly pained at losing his fox.

• LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 26!

delightful to see Zhihe being dismissed.

Ali is so cute disguised or worried!

weirdo still makes me laugh.

i really would like to see Dong Hua carry a tree home.

and Dong Hua looks satisfyingly pained at losing his fox.

And hear him tell anyone who asks, or stares, "I have lost a tree. I have looked for it for several days." :naughty:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

btw, I really disliked MY's robes in TMOPB, but this one (in the drama) tops them all. It looks like he's covered in....niples... :crazy:

The colours combination for this robe is fine IMO. But the embellishments were really questionable. It looked like a chicken poxed outfit overall.

:Megalol:

In TMOPB I disliked DH's robes coz they're dark yet so shiny. LOL. I only liked that white one which was shown only twice I think.

• LOL 1