[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Exactlyyyy what happen with me. I try to watch Novoland 2 and when the ML spoke I heard DHDJ but I saw someone else and my brain start to get confused and end up re watch ELOD again so my brain could calm down. My brain and eyes and ears are working cohesively only on DH sound with DH face :joy:

I need not to say more because you sum it all up accurately. That's what happening to me now :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

23 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Watching  Under the Power to help me move on from ELoD. The moment the ML spoke his lines, my brain immediately says "Donghua Dijun, is that you?" :joy:

This is why I don't like dubbing sometimes in c-dramas.

Guess I'm back to watching ELoD cuts again.

9 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Exactlyyyy what happen with me. I try to watch Novoland 2 and when the ML spoke I heard DHDJ but I saw someone else and my brain start to get confused and end up re watch ELOD again so my brain could calm down. My brain and eyes and ears are working cohesively only on DH sound with DH face :joy:

Are you guys watching in a different language or u saying the elod is voices are not their  original voices?

6 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Are you guys watching in a different language or u saying the elod is voices are not their  original voices?

ELoD is dubbed. Meaning some voices are not the actors' own voices. DH and FJ's voices are not Vengo and Reba's voice respectively. They have been dubbed over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, triplesung said:

ELoD is dubbed. Meaning some voices are not the actors' own voices. DH and FJ's voices are not Vengo and Reba's voice respectively. They have been dubbed over.

What why..... :bawling: sigh.... I don't watch a lot of cdrama... I normally wait till hk dubs them to Cantonese... sad to know that. Is it just two that are dubbed or the whole cast was?

15 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

What why..... :bawling: sigh.... I don't watch a lot of cdrama... I normally wait till hk dubs them to Cantonese... sad to know that. Is it just two that are dubbed or the whole cast was?

I am actually not sure :bawling: But I know that some of the actors' in the series voiced their own character like Siming.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

I think when I read this forum hundreds of pages before, the explanation is Cdrama always dubbed because China is huge and the actor /actresses comes from different part n region hence they have different accent therefore they used voice artist to have same standardised chinese language n accent across the drama. The only actor in ELOD used their own sound is Si Ming as he comes from Beijing. The rest are dubbed. Even though I think Ali voice is the real voice too after I watch the BTS. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I think when I read this forum hundreds of pages before, the explanation is Cdrama always dubbed because China is huge and the actor /actresses comes from different part n region hence they have different accent therefore they used voice artist to have same standardised chinese language n accent across the drama. The only actor in ELOD used their own sound is Si Ming as he comes from Beijing. The rest are dubbed. Even though I think Ali voice is the real voice too after I watch the BTS. 

Really wished to hear their real voice especially dh :dissapointed: Is all their drama with vengo n reba dubbed too?

7 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Really wished to hear their real voice especially dh :dissapointed: Is all their drama with vengo n reba dubbed too?

Vengo used his own voice in Candle in the Tomb. Not sure with Reba which of her past series she wasn't dubbed.

• Like 2

So I never read the book TMOPB, but in the drama ZH is YH's cousin but in the ELOD she is DH foster cousin... which one is right? Im assuming since they changed a lot of DH & FJ story in the TMOPB so I'm assuming they changed it around?

18 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

So I never read the book TMOPB, but in the drama ZH is YH's cousin but in the ELOD she is DH foster cousin... which one is right? Im assuming since they changed a lot of DH & FJ story in the TMOPB so I'm assuming they changed it around?

In the drama eternal love, Zhihe didn’t make an appearance. That was Zhi Yue.

in ELOD, she is Dong Hua’s foster SISTER!

2 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

Ten Miles of peach blossoms never had Zhi Yue. Zhi He is the canon Dong Hua's foster sister. She appears in The Pillow Book. A lot of things in TMOPB TV series were made up. The book was written only from Bai Qian's POV so you can imagine a lot of the drama stuff were written for the drama and were not in the book.

In contrast, The Pillow Book was written in third person so you can see a lot more of what is going on. Likewise Lotus Step, the third book that is being written, (she has released 24 chapters for reader review and comment on story progression but will not be releasing further chapters as the book is slated for release in print at the end of this year) is also in third person.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

You know when the bride for DH and JH’s wedding appeared, shouldn’t Dong Hua be surprised? He and Jiheng had planned for there to be an absent bride. So who was this mystery bride? Maybe Dong Hua thought Jiheng had sent a magic doll in her place while she made her escape?

also, what was Zhihe thinking? That she could trick her brother into marriage and not suffer consequences? Ok...he does spoil her a lot. I doubt she has ever been punished before. Maybe Zhihe thought she could take advantage of Dong Hua’s “broken heart” over Jiheng...

also, Zhihe, what makes you think you are any more qualified to marry DH than Jiheng? You are only royal by foster relations to Dong Hua and you have nothing to offer beyond personal history. At least Jiheng offered an alliance with the rebellious demons.

whereas Feng Jiu not only offers an alliance with Qingqiu, but another royal position for Dong Hua as royal consort since she is a queen. Then she also cooks the best out of the 3, and has actually saved Dong Hua.

14 hours ago, triplesung said:

What appeals ELoD to me more than EL was the whole lightheartedness of the series. It's a drama that's not too heavy to watch, like you mentioned. It is indeed a bedtime story as per TQ. But its a type of bedtime story that will keep you awake at night because you can't get over DH and FJ. 

ELoD have ruined all the other dramas for me! I have tried to watch other drama and only lasted a few episodes, before I felt that it's all wrong. The chemistry between the leads are not the same and the storyline is not as captivating. I will need to join a addiction support group soon at this rate!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 hours ago, Ninky said:

It will become super big news and will spread like wildfire across the Four Seas and Eight Realms. Besides, Dong Hua likes to show off, I bet he'd be parading his wife around with the baby bump once it starts showing on the pretext of going for walks to exercise gently. :tounge_wink:

And in the fancy clothes FJ lovingly handmade for him!

I am looking forward to the Lotus Steps translations :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ELoD have ruined all the other dramas for me! I have tried to watch other drama and only lasted a few episodes, before I feel that it's all wrong. The l chemistry between the leads are not the same and the storyline is not as captivating. I will need to join a addiction support group soon at this rate!

Please sign me up in the group as soon as you find one. I’m definitely in need one :lol:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, Megan said:

You know when the bride for DH and JH’s wedding appeared, shouldn’t Dong Hua be surprised? He and Jiheng had planned for there to be an absent bride. So who was this mystery bride? Maybe Dong Hua thought Jiheng had sent a magic doll in her place while she made her escape?

also, what was Zhihe thinking? That she could trick her brother into marriage and not suffer consequences? Ok...he does spoil her a lot. I doubt she has ever been punished before. Maybe Zhihe thought she could take advantage of Dong Hua’s “broken heart” over Jiheng...

also, Zhihe, what makes you think you are any more qualified to marry DH than Jiheng? You are only royal by foster relations to Dong Hua and you have nothing to offer beyond personal history. At least Jiheng offered an alliance with the rebellious demons.

whereas Feng Jiu not only offers an alliance with Qingqiu, but another royal position for Dong Hua as royal consort since she is a queen. Then she also cooks the best out of the 3, and has actually saved Dong Hua.

DH probably didn't know it was Zhihe. 

DH is known to be calm and emotionless, even when he was at war and physically hurt. So it's not surprising DH had little reaction during his fake wedding.

If you think about it, DH shows very little emotions unless it is related to FJ.

I think DH appears emotionless because he isn't emotionally invested in life. To him life and death is a matter of fact. His only purpose in life, before falling in love with FJ, was to keep the world safe. So it did not matter to him who the bride was, as long as JH escaped.

Zhihe isn't the brightest girl around. Look at her past behaviours, she had always been impulsive and did what she wanted without thinking too much of the consequences. Just like when she lied about her making the cakes and the attempt to stab FJ.

Zhihe never considered DH's feelings, it has always been her pushing for what she wanted.

The driving force to everything Zhihe did were to get DH. On the other hand, even though FJ wanted to be with DH, everything she did came out of her concern for him. She consistently prioritized DH's needs and want over her own.

It's funny how everyone thinks DH spoils Zhihe. I saw it as DH just tolerating her by mostly ignoring her existence. If DH truly cared and spoilt her, he would have showered her with attention. The only female DH ever spoilt was FJ.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Please sign me up in the group as soon as you find one. I’m definitely in need one :lol:

we will probably just end up watching ELOD together during our session!

I started watching this new drama and I realised I picked that one because the ML looks  remotely like Vengo. Sadly after 5 minutes I stopped, because he isn't Vengo 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

53 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ELoD have ruined all the other dramas for me! I have tried to watch other drama and only lasted a few episodes, before I feel that it's all wrong. The l chemistry between the leads are not the same and the storyline is not as captivating. I will need to join a addiction support group soon at this rate!

The Lotus Steps might help when the translation is out by the wonderful translating team. :) It's a beautiful story. :wub: Even if as of now what I've read is the confusing output of browser auto translate, the chapters had me in stitches and in tears, much like PB did previously.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

ELoD have ruined all the other dramas for me! I have tried to watch other drama and only lasted a few episodes, before I felt that it's all wrong. The chemistry between the leads are not the same and the storyline is not as captivating. I will need to join a addiction support group soon at this rate!

I feel like we really need one for this drama. We need intense treatment and rehab to be cured from this addiction.

• LOL 5