Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Because less is more. The best look for me though was as Xi Ze, wearing that embroidered sheer purple robe, and jade hairpin.

 

I'd like him to try #2, #7, #9 outfits. :)

He looks so dashing in it. 

 

I agree with you on 7 (especially the lighter shade) and 9. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

Most of the purple robes on the list are embellished. Dijun's robes were very simple and still majestic.  I love him in white (both Vengo and Dijun :D).

Even Xuanren's white robe with purple piping/ties was beautiful.

 

Vengo did an fantabulous job portraying the roles. 

 

It will be awesome to see him in the clothes on the list though...kinda who wore it better :lol:. Im pretty sure he'll still slay. :D

Xuanren and DH looked amazing in white. Vengo rock the high pony tail hair style too. The only colour I hated Vengo in was bright orange. 

 

44 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Aranya's Dream has many good scenes. One of my favourites is Junou's supposed execution Ep41. Shen Ye was calm and collected even when he was getting tired, until FJ re-enacted Aranya.

 

Dang, DH was so bored, proof he had seen it all when it comes to fighting and chaos until FJ helped SY. His wrath via that arm flick was palpable when FJ was almost mauled. And SMY was lucky to still be alive after FJ lost so much blood.

 

Huh. Now can't help but imagine what if DH witnessed Suoying injuring his baby fox...

 

So many parallels in Aranya's dream and DH's final battle with ML. FJ joins and takes part on crucial parts of the battles. Both times she had spilled her blood to help SY and DH stop and defeat their foes. Both times she also almost lost her life. And both battles were fought at the same stage.

 

Sometimes I forget how disconnected DH can be. I got so use to watching him react to FJ, it became a norm. 

 

If DH knew that Suoying hurt his baby fox, Suoying would have gotten into an 'accident'!

 

It was painful to watch SY. Knowing how hard he tried to keep AY safe, yet it was because of him, she decided to forgo life for all eternity. It seemed like AY and SY were the happiest during the 2 years they lived together. 

 

Funny how in all three lives, DH have no interest in females until he met FJ. I guess at least SXR and SY were some what polite. Whereas DH was straight up disinterested.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 9:32 AM, triplesung said:

Rewatching ELoD now and for some reason, I can't help but laugh at Liansong every time he appears on screen. I can now understand GWG :joy:

 

 

 The actor is so good as Liansong. 

He could easily be an annoying character, but the actor made him very charming.

The only actor I wasn't so sure about is Dylan Kuo as Su Mo Ye. Without reading the novel, the drama Su Mo Ye was charming as he is. But I felt Dylan Su Mo Ye was a bit different to the novel version.

I guess I imagined Su Mo Ye to be a mature play boy. Whereas the drama Su Mo Ye seemed more naive.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true an artist is going to do an illustration of Fengjiu's wedding outfits, all 200 of them? 

 

That would be something to see!  If they publish it, I'd buy it.  Tencent is making tons money from this drama :D.

  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And TA DA! Here is today's long awaited blog post: 

 

How are the Gods and Immortals in the Three Lives Three Worlds Universe born?

Here is the link: 
 
Read to unravel some of the mysteries of the Three Lives Three Worlds Universe!
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

 The actor is so good as Liansong. 

He could easily be an annoying character, but the actor made him very charming.

The only actor I wasn't so sure about is Dylan Kuo as Su Mo Ye. Without reading the novel, the drama Su Mo Ye was charming as he is. But I felt Dylan Su Mo Ye was a bit different to the novel version.

I guess I imagined Su Mo Ye to be a mature play boy. Whereas the drama Su Mo Ye seemed more naive.

 

I would not say Su Mo Ye is naive, hmmm. I feel that he is melancholic in this version. Behind a smiling face lies a broken heart. That's what Dylan seems to portray to me. 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ninky thanks for the new update. All the soompi translators make the complex world of Three Live, Three world alot easier to understand. The author Tangqi must have spent so much time figuring out the details.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Now can't help but imagine what if DH witnessed Suoying injuring his baby fox...

He learned what had happened from Lian Song and that magic mirror in Aranya’s dream. I don’t think he did anything about it. Partly because Suoying probably already moved back to live with Xu Yang.

still, in the event that they meet a random snow lion and Feng Jiu hesitates when she remembers being nearly killed by one, I’m sure Dong Hua will arrange a hunting trip in the demon realm as an afterthought.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Funny how in all three lives, DH have no interest in females until he met FJ. I guess at least SXR and SY were some what polite. Whereas DH was straight up disinterested.

 

DH was not indifferent to FJ at any form. :lol: He even remembered Jiu as the maid who cooks well. 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the book, Xiao Yan mentions that one of the reasons Dong Hua wanted to switch places was because of Feng Jiu’s cooking ability. The exact translation by hamster is “Ours has you who can cook while his doesn't.”

it almost seems to imply that JH can’t cook.

imagine if JH had heard the reasons why DH wanted to move. Maybe that’s why she wanted to cook soup for DH. To prove that she knows his tastes best.

except Feng Jiu is superior in culinary abilities and DH was far more interested in eating her snack cakes than JH’s specially made soup.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the 200 day wedding...can you imagine Lian Song wanting to do the same for his reincarnated Cheng Yu?

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think will happen if Gun Gun asks his Father if he can sleep with his Mother, and he is asking as an adorable, furry baby fox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

DH was not indifferent to FJ at any form. :lol: He even remembered Jiu as the maid who cooks well. 

True. Even without seeing her face.

FJ's cooking was that good.

 

12 minutes ago, Megan said:

In the book, Xiao Yan mentions that one of the reasons Dong Hua wanted to switch places was because of Feng Jiu’s cooking ability. The exact translation by hamster is “Ours has you who can cook while his doesn't.”

it almost seems to imply that JH can’t cook.

imagine if JH had heard the reasons why DH wanted to move. Maybe that’s why she wanted to cook soup for DH. To prove that she knows his tastes best.

except Feng Jiu is superior in culinary abilities and DH was far more interested in eating her snack cakes than JH’s specially made soup.

Good point! Funny thing is, DH would probably stomach all of FJs cooking, even if it's disgusting. 

 

My poor husband will eat up all my cooking and blatantly lie that it is delicious.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

True. Even without seeing her face.

FJ's cooking was that good.

 

Good point! Funny thing is, DH would probably stomach all of FJs cooking, even if it's disgusting. 

 

My poor husband will eat up all my cooking and blatantly lie that it is delicious.

 

Ahahahha, in all honesty, I only started to cook after marriage. Same as your husband, he too was eating whatever I was serving and never said bad feedbacks. :lol:

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Megan said:

Regarding the 200 day wedding...can you imagine Lian Song wanting to do the same for his reincarnated Cheng Yu?

Where is this part mentioned in the book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

Is it true an artist is going to do an illustration of Fengjiu's wedding outfits, all 200 of them? 

 

That would be something to see!  If they publish it, I'd buy it.  Tencent is making tons money from this drama :D.

 

There are a few more ways they can make more money, if they want to...like releasing the uncut version or special edition of ELOD, and the rest of BGMs. B)

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Megan said:

What do you think will happen if Gun Gun asks his Father if he can sleep with his Mother, and he is asking as an adorable, furry baby fox?

 

DH will give in until he becomes immune from the charms of his silver furred nine-tailed baby fox. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

And TA DA! Here is today's long awaited blog post: 

 

How are the Gods and Immortals in the Three Lives Three Worlds Universe born?

Here is the link: 
 
Read to unravel some of the mysteries of the Three Lives Three Worlds Universe!

 

Thank you ladies for another amazing post! :kiss_wink:

 

@Ninky I'm already in love with Lotus Steps. :love: Chapter 11-2 is :astonished::lol::joy:

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

He looks so dashing in it. 

 

I agree with you on 7 (especially the lighter shade) and 9. 

 

The light purple outfit of #7 looks like a good match to FJ's dark purple wedding dress. :wub:

 

Yeah, I want the third try of DH for a wedding ceremony a success. :P I'm assuming he would have one on the first day of 200 days reception. :)  Officiated by Mo Yuan. :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...