[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Xuan Nu betrayed BQ, MY, and hundreds of thousands of celestial soldiers for Li Jing. In TMOPB series, she is married 70000 years to someone who doesn't even want to sleep with her unless she dons the face of BQ. All those years, her husband had openly preferred other women, loved only BQ, and had a very sick daughter which she pretended as a son. Her own family also shunned her.

IMO, she was punished till she died because of being so envious of whatever BQ got. However, whatever hurting and pain she felt and suffered were not enough, IMO, because of so much lives lost and mourned due to her treachery.

Envy is one evil sin of mankind. In the book, envy is one of the sins that became one of the Three Poisons that the Miao Yi Realm absorbed.. Many bad things happen all because of it. 

To me, envy is different from jealousy. Jealousy is like for example Dong Hua who is feeling like he drank “vinegar” because he loves FJ and doesn’t like her in other male company.

However envy is a terrible thing. For example, both Su Jin and Xuan Nu both envy Bai Qian for her beauty and the men she loved (she did in fact like/love Li Jing for a time. One of these women coveted her eyes and Ye Hua. The other coveted her beauty and Li Jing. Both allowed themselves to turn evil because of envy. 

Even Snow White’s stepmother is evil because of envy! 

Bai Qian said some words to Su Jin when she went to retrieve her eyes. She told her “Kindness begets good karma, Evil begets bad karma.” She regarded Su Jin’s end as “she deserved it”. 

However in life there is never a complete tit for tat philosophy. And everything is never completely black and white but in shades of grey.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

16 hours ago, Megan said:

Well that evil queen also mentioned something to Aranya about both of them being reincarnated. If it wasnt for the fact that she was a shadow and had used that bird formation, she would have reincarnated

True..Qinghua did mentioned about reincarnation.

Just a thought..

Supposedly Biyiniaos clan Junuo, MengShao and also Xu Yang can reincarnated again after they died but the different is,  their primordial essence were eaten by Miaoluo and become the source of her power/strength to fight DH.. their life essence has been destroyed or maybe not??wondering if their life essence still exists when Miaoluo died?

When Aranya died her life essence scattering on earth.. Aranya was an earth fairy . ChenYe can re-collected her life essence and re create her souls to bring her alive again.

PS : When YCW has a duel with DH, he used 7000 dark spirits and was destroyed by 72 blades of Cang'he sword hence all of the 7000 dark spirits won't/can't reincarnated again. 

And Miaoluo was killed by Cang'he and Taozhu sword .... both swords coated by FJ's blood I just hope all the primordial essence consumed by Miaoluo can reincarnated again once she's vanished.

PB 2 page 277

The black-robed Archmage fixedly watched the white mist as it seeped into
her body and lightly replied, “Have you perhaps heard that earth fairies
who have passed away can also re-create their souls using the Jiepo lantern
or some other methods as the mortals do?” He paused for a moment, then
looked at her and continued: “Even if the soul was burned to ashes, even if
the Jiepo lantern from Heaven couldn't be used, I was told that creating
this world not only could take us back to the beginning, it could also
construct another soul for the deceased just as the Jiepo lantern can.”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

Envy is one evil sin of mankind. In the book, envy is one of the sins that became one of the Three Poisons that the Miao Yi Realm absorbed.. Many bad things happen all because of it. 

To me, envy is different from jealousy. Jealousy is like for example Dong Hua who is feeling like he drank “vinegar” because he loves FJ and doesn’t like her in other male company.

However envy is a terrible thing. For example, both Su Jin and Xuan Nu both envy Bai Qian for her beauty and the men she loved (she did in fact like/love Li Jing for a time. One of these women coveted her eyes and Ye Hua. The other coveted her beauty and Li Jing. Both allowed themselves to turn evil because of envy. 

Even Snow White’s stepmother is evil because of envy! 

Bai Qian said some words to Su Jin when she went to retrieve her eyes. She told her “Kindness begets good karma, Evil begets bad karma.” She regarded Su Jin’s end as “she deserved it”. 

However in life there is never a complete tit for tat philosophy. And everything is never completely black and white but in shades of grey.

It's so True.. Envy the roots of all evil.

Miaoyi Huiming Realm contents Three worldly sins from all the mankinds

1) Greed

2) Ignorance

3) Discontentment

PB 1 page 182

Not many knew of the Huiming Realm's existence other than ancient deities of prehistoric times. Despite bearing a Buddhist name, it was not a benevolent place in the least. From the three worldly sins of greed, ignorance, and discontentment arose wars and potential extinction.

To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights
to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand.
This world was the Huiming Realm. Tens of thousands of years passed by
fleetingly. Owing to the Huiming Realm acting as a giant urn to contain the toxins, Heaven and Earth remained in peace.

PS : True child of heaven and earth. The true compassionate and benevolence Emperor  "Master of the universe". Donghua Dijun.

* "To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights
to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand."

• Like 5

On 3/23/2020 at 1:33 PM, Yori Ten said:

:warning:ALERT! ALERT! :warning:

Please note that the following translation is from a recent circulating posts on Weibo about a leaked script from Eternal Love of Dream. The scene we have translated took place after the bathtub scene in Aranya's dream when they were both in bed.

Source : @Yori Ten

Translator : @Ninky

Actual scene from ELoD as per the leaked script is as follow:

洞房篇

容遗失的绝世宝物一般。
东华将凤九脑后的长发轻柔地拔开。
凤九身上的纱裙纱衣随着东华的手滑下肩头,凤九颤了一颤。
东华轻轻地吻在凤九光裸的肩上。
东华的手从荣不迫地滑到凤九身前,解开纱袍的结带, 滑入贴身的长裙,抚过每一寸肌肤。
凤九受不住地喘吸,伸手想拦住东华的手指,却使不出一丝力气。
凤九刚要拒绝, 唇已被东华封住。东华凶猛地舔吻噬咬, 凤九有些喘不过气。
凤九一只手抵在东华赤裸的胸前, 一只手攀住他的肩。
凤九伸手触及东华坚硬温暧的胸膛,无意识地用手魔挲。东华在凤九腰腹部脊背处轻柔抚弄的手指加大了力道,吻得更深。
凤九娇柔地喘息着,紧闭双眼。东华的喘息近在耳畔,手指还在身体轻轻拂过。
凤九突然想起什么,停止动作。
东华汗湿的额头低着凤九的额头。
东华:怎么了?
凤九:你淋了雨,不是头还晕着吗?
东华的手揽过凤九的腰,沙哑着嗓子。
东华:不管了。

Consummation Scene

Treating Feng Jiu like a rare precious treasure.

Dong Hua gently slides Feng Jiu hair to one side from behind her.

Feng Jiu’s robe follows Dong Hua’s hand as it slides down her shoulder. She shivers.

Dong Hua kisses Feng Jiu’s naked shoulder.

Gliding his hands confidently to her waist and untying her sash, Dong Hua slides his hands into her robe, touching every inch of her skin.

Overwhelming feelings consume Feng Jiu, she breathes erratically, stretching her hand to stop Dong Hua’s roaming fingers yet her hands could not find the strength to do so.

Feng Jiu intends to refuse his advances, but Dong Hua seals her lips with a kiss. With Dong Hua kissing her aggressively, biting and licking her, she struggles to breathe.

Feng Jiu places one hand in front of Dong Hua’s naked chest, and presses one hand onto his shoulder.

Without any awareness, she stretches her hand out onto Dong Hua’s warm chest and massages it. Dong Hua’s kisses deepen, his roaming hands on her waist and spine moving with increasing pressure.

Breathing delicately and softly, Feng Jiu closes her eyes tightly. With his breath close to her ears, Dong Hua glides his fingers delicately on her body.

Suddenly, Feng Jiu stops her actions as something crosses her mind.

Dong Hua places his sweat drenched forehead onto Feng Jiu’s.

Dong Hua: What’s wrong?

Feng Jiu: You were drenched by the rain, don’t you feel dizzy?

Embracing her waist tightly, his voice hoarse.

Dong Hua: I don’t care.

We do not know if this scene were ever filmed or filmed and cut, revised and reshoot etc.. Do note that scripts can be written but it is also up to the director's and actor's prerogative to follow or otherwise.

What we do know is, we didn't ask for this:
PQm0yY1.gif

We were robbed!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Food for thought: who do you think has the most admirers? Dong Hua or Feng Jiu.

my answer: Dong Hua. He has is an ancient legendary hero and has had millennia to unconsciously build up a fan club. We see them most prominently in the demon realm. But in the celestial sky, the only known members are Zhihe and Zhiyue because the rest of the fan club are so reserved and resigned to the fact that Dijun isn’t interested in women.

whereas Feng Jiu. Yes she has admirers. But her blind dates were arranged by her aunt, which suggests that these suitors were not originally interested, possibly? But throughout the series, her admirers are more obvious than DH’s. Cang Yi, Meng Shao, Qing Ti.

• LOL 2

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

my answer: Dong Hua. He has is an ancient legendary hero and has had millennia to unconsciously build up a fan club. We see them most prominently in the demon realm. But in the celestial sky, the only known members are Zhihe and Zhiyue because the rest of the fan club are so reserved and resigned to the fact that Dijun isn’t interested in women.

whereas Feng Jiu. Yes she has admirers. But her blind dates were arranged by her aunt, which suggests that these suitors were not originally interested, possibly? But throughout the series, her admirers are more obvious than DH’s. Cang Yi, Meng Shao, Qing Ti.

The question should be who has better admirers, DH or FJ? :naughty:

DH attracted one night stand goals demonesses, an obsessed foster sister, an obnoxious clingy demon princess, and a lad. :joy: Wait, only Jielu was ok, and she's very graceful when she realized that DH loves FJ. That royal is very levelheaded despite her being the youngest!

FJ's admirers are decent, well-bred immortals, even those who aren't arranged blind dates. Only DH is shameless. LOL! :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@Megan here's a little bit about Fanyin Valley.

Just like as @Aari sky has explained..

PB 1 page 183

Fanyin Valley was a very strange place. In order to keep out worldly toxins, only on winter solstice each year could a powerful deity use magic to open the valley's entrance.

The gate would remain open for two months
henceforth. This year's winter solstice fell on today, which was why Zhonglin didn't think His Majesty needed to rush. Moreover, he had never been the type to rush. There were still two months when he could come
and go freely into and out of the valley.

Yet he left the reverent Buddha who was guesting at Taichen Palace for Mount Fuyu thousands of miles away. Surely, it couldn’t have been for the Biyiniaos’ lesson. Had His
Majesty always been so magnanimous?

DH is many things, but magnanimous? Haha, I think he is only that way to FJ.

@Megan we were robbed of a hot scene. But I am also happy with the many affectionate interactions between DH and FJ. Such as the nose kisses, hand holding, leaning in to each other, hugs and affectionate gazes between them.

I absolutely loved the way Reba and Vengo acted in the drama. Their micro-/expressions and body language made me believed FJ and DH was 110% in love with each other.

45 minutes ago, Megan said:

I agreed DH have more admirers.

I see it as many females were in love and awe by DHDJ, as the historical hero and someone who is unobtainable. Almost like hero or idol worship. Would the females like DH if they really got to know him? I am not sure, it certainly takes someone special to be able to handy him!

In comparison, males may initially fall for FJ's looks and status, but many fell for her charming personality as they got to know her. FJ is definitely easy to love. Moving forward, she would only be admired from afar. Her achievement would include melting the 300,000 year old ice berg!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Her achievement would include melting the 300,000 year old ice berg!

Because DH is the only one who not only adores her, he's the only one who has the ability to marry her. :sweatingbullets: 

Si Ming, I honestly think you issued a veiled challenge to DH in that wedding procession when you were gossipping about FJ...:P 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Just for fun ... let's see

FJ 's admirers 

1)DHDJ  -  the one and the only exception

Three heavenly clan in Miaohua mirror ,these three immortal used a "scenery, culinary and weaponry" as an excuse to date her.

2) Blue robe 

3) white robe

4) Green robe

5) Mortal emperor

6) YQT

7) Chang Yi

8) Blind date 1

9) Blind date 2

10) Meng Shao

11) Chen Zhenren ( the new immortal who knelt on the ground when FJ interrupted the ceremony to retrieve her bracelet and hairpin from DH).

Hundreds of heavenly clan at the party.

DHDJ admirers

Bai Fengjiu  -  the one and the only exception.

Countless beauties

Pretty boy

ZhiHe

Zhi Yue

JH

Jielu

Except for Princess JieLu..the rest of them were pretty useless and brainless.

DH's admirers  VS  FJ's admirers

If compared to Quality's , FJ's likely win but if compared to Quantity's, DH's win..he is the oldest among living immortal afterall while FJ just a baby cub.

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DHDJ admirers

Countless beauties

Pretty boy

ZhiHe

Zhi Yue

JH

Jielu

Except for Princess JieLu..the rest of them were pretty useless and brainless.

DH's admirers  VS  FJ's admirers

If compared to Quality's , FJ's likely win but if compared to Quantity's, DH's win..he is the oldest among living immortal while FJ just a baby cub.

I just can't. ROFL :joy:

• LOL 4

44 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DHDJ admirers

Countless beauties

Pretty boy

ZhiHe

Zhi Yue

JH

Jielu

Pretty boy made the emperor run away and hide at Tai Chen palace :joy:

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Poor pretty boy....seducing the wrong guy . He should have seduce Zhe Yan instead of DH :lol:

Come to think of it, the undefeated DH was chased off by a pretty boy. Missed opportunity for his enemies! :lol:

Eh, which demon clan is this pretty boy? I'm wagering he's from Xiao Yan's clan, hahahaha!

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

It's so True.. Envy the roots of all evil.

Miaoyi Huiming Realm contents Three worldly sins from all the mankinds

1) Greed

2) Ignorance

3) Discontentment

PB 1 page 182

Not many knew of the Huiming Realm's existence other than ancient deities of prehistoric times. Despite bearing a Buddhist name, it was not a benevolent place in the least. From the three worldly sins of greed, ignorance, and discontentment arose wars and potential extinction.

To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights
to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand.
This world was the Huiming Realm. Tens of thousands of years passed by
fleetingly. Owing to the Huiming Realm acting as a giant urn to contain the toxins, Heaven and Earth remained in peace.

PS : True child of heaven and earth. The true compassionate and benevolence Emperor  "Master of the universe". Donghua Dijun.

* "To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights
to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand."

I read one of the three poisons as envy as a direct translation from chinese? Maybe hamster and I see the same word differently? 

I will reread in chinese. And paste it here. I’ll have to doublecheck on that particular word. I have never read tge english version just so you  know @jimmylyne

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

On 4/27/2020 at 12:04 AM, LovelyLady said:

@Ninky wasn't she in love with him in the drama too? When they showed the letter/poem. It seemed to indicate that she loved him. Or did I misinterpret that scene?

Yes it was shown in the drama that Minsu also liked/loved Xu Yang.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

49 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I read one of the three poisons as envy as a direct translation from chinese? Maybe hamster and I see the same word differently? 

I will reread in chinese. And paste it here. I’ll have to doublecheck on that particular word. I have never read tge english version just so you  know @jimmylyne

Yes please...

And if TQ decides to have international editions of her works, I hope the English translation will be as good as how you translating team do. :)

Official translator shouldn't be Toland again ever. :angry:

There should be a new translation for TMOPB. Because Toland's... I'm speechless of how bad she did hers.

TPB doesn't need much polishing, just perhaps a recheck if any original text portions weren't there in the translation, and corrections of few grammar and spelling mistakes.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

This thought just came to me... what would be Bai Gun Gun's title? (I don't know if this was ever discussed before. I just don't have the energy to read all 670+ pages :joy:) He is Dijun's son and he is also part of Qingqiu's monarch(?). I know Dijun does not have any political power so I would assume Gungun would mostly be linked to Qingqiu when he grows up.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, triplesung said:

This thought just came to me... what would be Bai Gun Gun's title? (I don't know if this was ever discussed before. I just don't have the energy to read all 670+ pages :joy:) He is Dijun's son and he is also part of Qingqiu's monarch(?). I know Dijun does not have any political power so I would assume Gungun would mostly be linked to Qingqiu when he grows up.

BGG will most likely be the next King, after FJ. He may be well respected for being DHDJ's son. BGG seems like a smart kid, so I am sure he will earn respect based on his own merits too.

I am eager to find out his formal name. Lol imagine being called King Gun Gun. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

BGG will most likely be the next King, after FJ. He may be well respected for being DHDJ's son. BGG seems like a smart kid, so I am sure he will earn respect based on his own merits too.

I am eager to find out his formal name. Lol imagine being called King Gun Gun. 

He must feel pressured for being Donghua's son. But considering his character, I don't think it will bother him too much.

I don't think GunGun is his formal name. I think he is still to be named.

• Like 6