[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

23 hours ago, nitepolaris said:

Hello everybodi~ 

Upcoming updates for the blog from the ELOD Soompi translation team (@Yori Ten @Ninky @nitepolaris @SGahjumma @bertrande and @SC2019 )

Blog release schedule for next week: 

·      Mon 27/4: Team Spotlight: Yori Ten profile

·      Wed 29/4: Relationship between the clans

ps. The underworld Q & A is coming soon~~ 

Thanks for working hard on translating for us to read. Really appreciate it and looking forward to it. :kiss_wink:

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh totally! The way BGG questioned him to find out if he is an ideal father. He sat upright and asked like a parent questioning a child. Hahaha...

He also knew when DH was lying. The son and the father are very similar, as the son has only been back with his father for about a month according to the outtake, I am not sure DH realises that this child isn't just an ordinary child. He is probably smarter than A-Li in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

35 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Very well executed move by her actually. We aren't talking about CY, we aren't talking about ML. On Weibosphere, viewers and book fans are still talking about her, her fans are still defending her. Bad publicity is publicity nevertheless, as it is better to be talked about rather than to be forgotten I guess.

It's a pity she didn't like Cheng Yu. Cheng Yu and Lian Song are the main leads in their story Lotus Step. It will most likely to be adapted to a drama after the book's release. The second book is slated to be finished in 2021 so people won't get to see a series until at least 2023. She'll be too old for the drama so she only has a chance on this one.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He also knew when DH was lying. The son and the father are very similar, as the son has only been back with his father for about a month according to the outtake, I am not sure DH realises that this child isn't just an ordinary child. He is probably smarter than A-Li in my opinion.

Will it be like young DH and MY (well, he's YH's twin, hahaha) again for Ali and BGG? :lol:

BGG seems to be ice face the 2nd, but I think he's more than FJ and DH combined if he does some mischief. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Will it be like young DH and MY (well, he's YH's twin, hahaha) again for Ali and BGG? :lol:

BGG seems to be ice face the 2nd, but I think he's more than FJ and DH combined if he does some mischief. :P

I think BGG has some of FJ's personality. He seems mature only because he was forced to grow up really quickly so he can take care of his Mother. It is very apparent in the book that he is mature for his age. He calls his mother Jiu Jiu so this is a big clue. His physical body size in the book is only that of a  three year old toddler. But his mind is miles ahead.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ayyy his parents are master trollers lol. I mean both his parents will get away with being trollers because Dad is the former master of the universe, Mum is married to him. I'm sure no one will dare complain about BGG? :D

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Ayyy his parents are master trollers lol. I mean both his parents will get away with being trollers because Dad is the former master of the universe, Mum is married to him. I'm sure no one will dare complain about BGG? :D

On top of that he stayed with XGC in the Underworld for a bit. XGC looks straight as an arrow and upright. Had BGG stayed with LS, he might be a bit, a bit cheeky. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, hope DH did some cooking in that lonesome 200 years, following what FJ taught him for edible sweet and sour fish. The mini lie detector will surely make a follow up! 

DH lied when he said he's cooking is only a step lower than Feng Jiu  in the Ideal Father outtake by Tang Qi. The son will be even more disappointed if he knows the truth. Zhong Lin reacted to that lie in that outtake. He almost fell down.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

On top of that he stayed with XGC in the Underworld for a bit. XGC looks straight as an arrow and upright. Had BGG stayed with LS, he might be a bit, a bit cheeky. 

Then i think XGC's story is going to be real fun. His other half will be a Demon tribe princess, Xiang Yun...and yes, both he and his sister will have members of the demon tribe as spouses.

And to add to that complexity, when XGC is awake his sister is sleeping and vice versa. You guys will be able to read more about how the Underworld works in a couple of hours. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I can think of one. Xiao Yan! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I dunno. He can be quite a big mouth! :tounge_xd: Maybe moreso if BGG eats his share of plum sorbet cakes! 

And both of them likes salty cakes. However his Dad prefers sweet cakes so Father and Son won't be fighting over the same cakes..

• LOL 5

51 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Yeah dunno how to create a poll in here :cry: that would be fun, though I'm seeing a lot of responses leaning towards JH :phew:

Same.

i stand by my decision that Zhihe was worse though. She honestly scares me. I would hate to be in the same room as her.

Jiheng is more of the character I love to hate

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Hmm...I have gotten over my rage over how Feng Jiu was left waiting at the altar.

Now I am enraged over how Dong Hua denied her the Saha fruit, especially after how hard he has made her train. Probably because I’m reading about the competition in the pillow book right now.

personally, I think out of the 2 of them, Feng Jiu suffered more regarding Aranya’s dream. And I hate double standards.

so despite how Dong Hua bled to reach her and to give her blood medicine, I’m still pissed he suffered less injuries than Feng Jiu.

to appease my fury, I remind myself that he also missed his son’s first years. And unlike the Saha fruit, these years can never be regained.

this method ain’t working though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmm...I have gotten over my rage over how Feng Jiu was left waiting at the altar.

Now I am enraged over how Dong Hua denied her the Saha fruit. Probably because I’m reading about the competition in the pillow book right now.

personally, I think out of the 2 of them, Feng Jiu suffered more regarding Aranya’s dream. And I hate double standards.

so despite how Dong Hua bled to reach her and to give her blood medicine, I’m still pissed he suffered less injuries than Feng Jiu.

to appease my fury, I remind myself that he also missed his son’s first years. And unlike the Saha fruit, these years can never be regained.

You need to understand that all the angst is part of the story. Without it, the couple will not appreciate each other like they will now. He gave her half his heart. That is he physically ripped half his heart out and made it into a ring for her.  They both were injured. As Tang Qi has said to fully recover, he really needed to sleep for at least 400 years. But he decided not to as he wanted to spend time with both Feng Jiu and his son. So he'll now need a thousand years and plenty of isolated meditative rest to recover.

You need to see it from the perspective that they both have developed and grown over the course of the story no matter how angsty or annoying it may have been. It lets you appreciate their Ever After better. If everything went perfectly, I guarantee you won't love the show or the book as much as you have now.

Right now, I'm sure they are blissfully enjoying their forever with each other. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

Same.

i stand by my decision that Zhihe was worse though. She honestly scares me. I would hate to be in the same room as her.

Jiheng is more of the character I love to hate

Zhi He is a spoilt brat who likes to throw tantrums when things doesn't go her way. She is plain dumb and thinks too highly of herself. But in terms of being scary, I can't see how she can top JH. She is not as calculative and manipulative as JH. ZH wears her feelings and emotions on her sleeves and she shows her real face in front of FJ. So FJ knows exactly what she is up against. An enemy that you can see through is easier to deal with than one that smiles and have a hidden dagger.

Granted, ELoD did tone down her wickedness but the book JH is definitely not as pure and innocent. She calculated every step, from provoking FJ to scratch her and telling her pet lion about FJ and having it attacked her. She weaseled her way into stealing the Saha fruit from FJ, she blackmailed DH. Step by step...

An enemy in the dark, this one is much more scarier.

DH told LS that he spoilt ZH too much. He felt that she is pure and that if she learn from an upright and good teacher like the Lord of The West Sea, she could learn her ways. Well, either DH still doesnt understand woman or he has good insights. Hehe...

• Like 7
  • Unamused 1

56 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And both of them likes salty cakes. However his Dad prefers sweet cakes so Father and Son won't be fighting over the same cakes..

I guess for BGG, his dad, DHDJ would still be fighting with him over the salty cakes.

After all, these cakes are made by FJ and DH would still be the jealous type if he do not have the cakes. DH would say that he would not mind any type of cakes - sweet, salty, etc, so he would want them as well. 

(* Remember based on the boat scene, when BGG wanted to hug his mom. His dad asked him to hug him instead.) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

20 minutes ago, Megan said:

Now I am enraged over how Dong Hua denied her the Saha fruit, especially after how hard he has made her train. Probably because I’m reading about the competition in the pillow book right now.

This is not the first time I read about how DH wasn't hurt enough, wasn't punished enough, didn't experience the pain FJ went through, his wounds pale in comparison and that in their love story, he got his Happy Ever After too easily.

And it got me thinking, should all those who are in relationships feel the same pain, the same hurt, the same damage and the same brokenness as the other? Should they be punished the same way and experience suffering on par with what the other went through? Will damaging one person to redeem the other person's hurt and pain the only way to prove love?

DH said, should I carve my heart out to prove my love to you Xiao Bai? He did but was it necessary just to prove it? Did FJ really mean it when she said that?

Love is not about keeping tallies. Love is also not about who gave more. Love is about the journey of getting there and the choices you made along the road. Some choices will leave you feeling like you put in more effort while some choices will make you feel it is all worth it.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, Megan said:

Should DH be as injured as FJ to be even? How about the power he gave up? FJ gave up all her cultivation, DH gave up 90% so that he can be with her.

He gave up what would keep the realms safe and what would keep Miao Lou at bay. How can FJ's cultivation, even if she gave all of hers up, measure to DH's? Even more, who is FJ, compared to DH?

Will that make them even now? Both had faults on how they handled the Saha fruit issue. Though DH was wrong to give the prize to JH as she claims it will cure her poisoning, it didn't help that FJ was evasive with her answers when she was asked what she needs the fruit for. Had she been upfront it's to pay a life debt, DH will get it.

DH was aware that he may die in Aranya's dream, so he gave his last will to LS. That if only FJ makes it out alive, LS would bring her to Qing Qiu to Bai Yi. He also asked him to inform Mo Yuan that DH is leaving the Huiming realm to him.

DH may not look as injured as FJ, but it doesn't mean he was not hurt at all. He was attacked and slashed by the snakes before he entered the dream, while FJ was protected by his Tiangcang cave before she got trapped. 

There's nothing good that will come out of it if for every grudge you have to get even. A relationship is not supposed to be a tit for tat battlefield, nor should it be quid pro quo.

• Like 8