[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Well, she wanted to marry Minsu. :sweatingbullets:Speaking of Minsu, where is she in Fanyin Valley? She didn't die in the book. She had falling out with JH due to Minsu being a girl.

Minsu died in the drama. In the book, she and Jiheng separated on bad terms

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

Minsu has always been in love with xuyang in the book actually.

It's also implied in the series, and it seems there's some tender feelings too from Xu Yang. The change of Minsu dying is one I disliked in ELOD, though it might be the best catalyst to really cause a rift between Xu Yang and Ji Heng. It felt funny though when Nie Chuyin gave JH a maid who resembles Minsu.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, pawla said:

I don't know which cake he was referring to but the purple yam cake looked so hard to eat :sweatingbullets:

Maybe the fish was poisonous too like DH's sweet and sour fish. I think Vengo eats fish. Remember a few weeks ago he showed his cooking skill. 

Vengo said in interview that he avoids eating props food. And that in ELOD, there's a cake that looks so good, but it was half cooked. I think it's the sorrowless pastry.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5

59 minutes ago, Megan said:

Minsu died in the drama. In the book, she and Jiheng separated on bad terms

They both fled to Fanyin Valley, and had a row there. Nothing mentioned in the book if Minsu remained or left, only that JH stayed and became court musician.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Just a random thoughts, the Biyiniaos Clan  and some the Demon's Clan had died ....will they reincarnated again? Or not? because their primordial essence had been "eaten" by Miaoluo.:innocent:

Curious of that too. Though I've always wished somebody else got eaten. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Curious of that too. Though I've always wished somebody else got eaten. :rolleyes:

Short lived immortals like bi yi niaos will get reincarnated. Its definitely mentioned in the book somewhere. As for the rest its fade to nothingness. Their spirit go to the void.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

6lqeR6R.gif

We all wished it.

@Ninky wasn't she in love with him in the drama too? When they showed the letter/poem. It seemed to indicate that she loved him. Or did I misinterpret that scene?

• Sad 3

I know I already vented this last night. But I reached the part where Jiheng tells Xiao Bai about the fruit thing. And i am just so angry at Dong Hua and Jiheng.

i remember the episode of that scene and Xiao Bai was crying in the snow! Ugh!

i know DH goes into the dream to save her. But as far as I’m concerned, of course he should save her! It’s his fault she ended up there! Well, his and JH. That’s why I’m worried that if he didn’t like her, would he still go after her in Aranya’s dream?

in episode 42, when FJ recovers her memories, Dong Hua said something like “if I didn’t like you, why would I have come into Aranya’s dream?” Though to be fair, he did have a responsibility to the world (give that job to MY if so) and if he didn’t like Feng Jiu, she would have never ended up in that mess.

this is why, I don’t feel that bad when Dong Hua gets injured.

i know, I have been told that love is not about karma. That you have to forgive and move on. But I love the idea of karma because I hate it when wrongs go unpunished.

which is why I actually came up with a table of Dong Hua and Feng Jiu’s list of debts against each other until they come up equal. I actually did the same for Bai Qian and Ye Hua.

These tables actually calm me down when I read about how the female leads had been wronged.

in other matters...remind me again why Dong Hua didn’t come after Feng Jiu when she fell into Fanyin Valley again? I know they have a certain opening period. But why didn’t he just follow them directly?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Megan said:

I know I already vented this last night. But I reached the part where Jiheng tells Xiao Bai about the fruit thing. And i am just so angry at Dong Hua and Jiheng.

i know DH goes into the dream to save her. But as far as I’m concerned, of course he should save her! It’s his fault she ended up there! Well, his and JH. That’s why I’m worried that if he didn’t like her, would he still go after her in Aranya’s dream?

in episode 42, when FJ recovers her memories, Dong Hua said something like “if I didn’t like you, why would I have come into Aranya’s dream?” Though to be fair, he did have a responsibility to the world (give that job to MY if so) and if he didn’t like Feng Jiu, she would have never ended up in that mess.

i know, I have been told that love is not about karma. That you have to forgive and move on. But I love the idea of karma because I hate it when wrongs go unpunished.

which is why I actually came up with a table of Dong Hua and Feng Jiu’s list of debts against each other until they come up equal. I actually did the same for Bai Qian and Ye Hua.

These tables actually calm me down when I read about how the female leads had been wronged.

in other matters...remind me again why Dong Hua didn’t come after Feng Jiu when she fell into Fanyin Valley again? I know they have a certain opening period. But why didn’t he just follow them directly?

But DH liked FJ from the moment he notice her (in BQ & YH wedding banquet) but he didn't realise what that feeling was.. DH says that whenever they met (directly or indirectly) he had always treated FJ as someone special.. so there is no "if he didn't like FJ" coz from the beginning that feeling was there..

FN valley only opens up during winter for  every year for two months to allow travelling, rest of the time it remains shut to protect the Miaoyi realm, but once a 60 yrs or so FN valley opens up at random times for a short while to allow access which is so short that only two ppl can enter at once.. 

FJ and YCW accidentally fell into that rare opening of few moments and it closed immideatly before DH could enter.. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Short lived immortals like bi yi niaos will get reincarnated. Its definitely mentioned in the book somewhere. As for the rest its fade to nothingness. Their spirit go to the void.

Now you said that...I seem to remember a something about Biyiniaos Clan an earth fairies.

They won't get reincarnated if they died a "natural" death but other than that reason..they will get reincarnated..I think.

• Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@LovelyLady Aw, that gif. That last gathering of FJ, XY, and Meng Shao. Meng Shao found out who's Jiuge really. I'm glad he had a closure later on with FJ, even if nosy LS and XY were waiting and it was within earshot of DH. :cry:

Even though that scene was not in the novel, I really liked the confession scene in the drama coz it helped for character growth of Meng shao.. but I also hate how they used this scene to cover up the real one where JH chases after DH and FJ when were abt to leave FN valley and begs DH to take her to Taichen palace right infront of FJ..

@Megan OMG I totally forgot to mention this is ur previous question.. JH already begged DH to take her as his maid infront of FJ when they were abt to leave FN valley, DH blunty puts her in her place still she doesn't learn from the harsh rejection of DH and  shamelessly went to poison mountain to ruin Dongfeng wedding day..

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Now you said that...I seem to remember a something about Biyiniaos Clan an earth fairies.

They won't get reincarnated if they died a "natural" death but other than that reason..they will get reincarnated..I think.

Well that evil queen also mentioned something to Aranya about both of them being reincarnated. If it wasnt for the fact that she was a shadow and had used that bird formation, she would have reincarnated

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Megan said:

FJ got saviours in waiting - Meng Shao, Xiao Yan. Her family also would, once they know. 

Have you also tabulated why Ji Heng is also repulsive and should never ever be pitied by what she did to FJ and DH? And Su Jin, why she must never be reincarnated as a celestial again, for what she did to BQ and YH?

Though karma is roughly a tribulation and payback for good and bad deeds, it isn't black and white receiving back what you had given. You can not expect too that at the same lifetime you will witness karma at work.

If your train of thoughts will be followed, then FJ for all her naughtiness and troubles she did as the red devil of Qing Qiu is now being punished by her getting trapped in a ward where she can lose her life if nobody saves her.

BQ also got emotionally punished because she had killed at the battle against Qing Qang, and had been so troublesome too beforehand that even MY was hurt because of her. 

Fanyin Valley only opens up every winter for 2mos. She and XY fell when the valley was randomly open and was about to close. DH didn't follow directly as she's having the Tiangcang cave he provided her to keep her safe. In the book, he was also injured by XY.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

@Megan here's a little bit about Fanyin Valley.

Just like as @Aari sky has explained..

PB 1 page 183

Fanyin Valley was a very strange place. In order to keep out worldly toxins, only on winter solstice each year could a powerful deity use magic to open the valley's entrance.

The gate would remain open for two months
henceforth. This year's winter solstice fell on today, which was why Zhonglin didn't think His Majesty needed to rush. Moreover, he had never been the type to rush. There were still two months when he could come
and go freely into and out of the valley.

Yet he left the reverent Buddha who was guesting at Taichen Palace for Mount Fuyu thousands of miles away. Surely, it couldn’t have been for the Biyiniaos’ lesson. Had His
Majesty always been so magnanimous?

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Have you also tabulated why Ji Heng is also repulsive and should never ever be pitied by what she did to FJ and DH?

Yup! And one for Xuan Nu too. Though I wrote that to see what their misfortune was for their misdeeds.

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Yup! And one for Xuan Nu too. Though I wrote that to see what their misfortune was for their misdeeds.

Xuan Nu betrayed BQ, MY, and hundreds of thousands of celestial soldiers for Li Jing. In TMOPB series, she is married 70000 years to someone who doesn't even want to sleep with her unless she dons the face of BQ. All those years, her husband had openly preferred other women, loved only BQ, and had a very sick daughter which she pretended as a son. Her own family also shunned her.

IMO, she was punished till she died because of being so envious of whatever BQ got. However, whatever hurting and pain she felt and suffered were not enough, IMO, because of so much lives lost and mourned due to her treachery.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1