[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

That is correct @MayanEcho @Yori Ten @Megan

As both ladies above have said before, life is a give and take. Loving someone is not about keeping tallies and measuring love by the amount of sacrifices each party made. The important thing to note is the willingness to love, without expecting anything in return. Both parties have loved, both parties have sacrificed. In the end it is not about who wins and whos loses but the journey it took for both of them to get there. To finally get to be together. 

Like I have mentioned before, there will be no story if there are no trials and tribulations. It is through their troubles that they learn, grow and show their character development. Even though DHDJ is well over 300,000 years of age, that doesn't mean he did not learn and grow. He did. He learnt to handle a part of himself he never knew existed. His capacity to love someone. 

As for FJ, her tenacity and undying love for DH touched the heavens and allowed her that one chance to meet the man of her dreams, to finally start a relationship she dearly wished for. The road to true love was trumultous but they both got their final reward, to be with each other forever. They even have a token of their love with them - Bai Gun Gun.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Should DH be as injured as FJ to be even? How about the power he gave up? FJ gave up all her cultivation, DH gave up 90% so that he can be with her.

He gave up what would keep the realms safe and what would keep Miao Lou at bay. How can FJ's cultivation, even if she gave all of hers up, measure to DH's? Even more, who is FJ, compared to DH?

Will that make them even now? Both had faults on how they handled the Saha fruit issue. Though DH was wrong to give the prize to JH as she claims it will cure her poisoning, it didn't help that FJ was evasive with her answers when she was asked what she needs the fruit for. Had she been upfront it's to pay a life debt, DH will get it.

DH was aware that he may die in Aranya's dream, so he gave his last will to LS. That if only FJ makes it out alive, LS would bring her to Qing Qiu to Bai Yi. He also asked him to inform Mo Yuan that DH is leaving the Huiming realm to him.

DH may not look as injured as FJ, but it doesn't mean he was not hurt at all. He was attacked and slashed by the snakes before he entered the dream, while FJ was protected by his Tiangcang cave before she got trapped. 

There's nothing good that will come out of it if for every grudge you have to get even. A relationship is not supposed to be a tit for tat battlefield, nor should it be quid pro quo.

Also, 

The main culprit was FATE..

Because all FJ and DH needed was one proper moment where they could meet each other in their original form to fall in love.. but to even reach that point FJ had to go through the circle of 3000+ yrs of hardships, by that point misunderstandings were already piled up.. 

When it comes to BQ And YH even if they don't want to meet one another fate will throw them in each other's path, so no matter how many misunderstanding they have it will be cleared coz BQ and YH can never be separated coz they are the fated couple, hence their problems have always been internal ones (making choices too quick or too late)

When it comes to FJ and DH , fate itself made sure they wouldn't meet for sure coz it decided they were supposed to be ill fated couple, even if they did meet there would be some kind of external hurdle to force their progress to go back to point zero.  It won't matter wat choices they will make they are doomed from the start that's why it was so diffcult for them to protect that thin thread of fate... it's was a known thing that no Immortal has managed to understand DH completely not even LS or Zonglian, apparently it seems like even heaven couldn't understand DH to give him a proper match and when he found it on it's own heaven was just being a salty B coz of the ego and inability to accept that they were wrong in their Matchmaker skills.. it's really not Easy being DH :lol: and it's definitely not easy being the love interest of DH (FJ) :lol: 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Very well executed move by her actually. We aren't talking about CY, we aren't talking about ML. On Weibosphere, viewers and book fans are still talking about her, her fans are still defending her. Bad publicity is publicity nevertheless, as it is better to be talked about rather than to be forgotten I guess.

Ah, but the Chinese entertainment industry is notorious for typecasting. Had she been smart enough to grab a protagonist role of Cheng Yu, she would have taken herself out of the "other woman/antagonist" role. Rarely do we see typcasted villains succeed in main lead roles this far into their career. Plus, her camp/supporters aren't big enough to propel her to a main lead role at this point.

Look at ZH, she literally ended up in the same role as the one she played in AoL, but the actual actress is so adorable with her weibo back and forth with the other members. She owned up to the annoying antagonist role in those quips, and everyone loved it.

AL had to lay low bc of all the incited drama. She had a golden opportunity for good publicity to further her career, not to go down in infamy. Bad publicity will make casting directors think twice about giving her any role. Her professionalism is seriously lacking.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

36 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

it's really not Easy being DH :lol: and it's definitely not easy being the love interest of DH (FJ)

I'd like to add, by qouting Si Ming Ep24 about FJ, "Adoration is one thing, while the ability to marry her is another." :tounge_wink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd like to add, by qouting Si Ming Ep24 about FJ, "Adoration is one thing, while the ability to marry her is another." :tounge_wink:

I seriously think that the only person who can really handle FJ is DH. Even her Dad can't manage her!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I seriously think that the only person who can really handle FJ is DH. Even her Dad can't manage her!

DH wishes he can manage her. He lost her for 200 years and she can run circles around his head. Even laying their dying she still told him that he better be good and listen to her from now on. :joy: DH is the only one being managed in their relationship.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think she's a little afraid of grandpa Bai Zhi and grandma Fumi(?) :tounge_wink:

But yeah, only DH really can manage her... somewhat. Hahahaha! Qouting Si Ming again Ep5, "Has his Majesty seen you behave like this? You won't listen to me unless I mention his Majesty." :tounge_xd:

• LOL 6

16 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

DH wishes he can manage her. He lost her for 200 years and she can run circles around his head. Even laying their dying she still told him that he better be good and listen to her from now on. :joy: DH is the only one being managed in their relationship.

Note I did say "handle" right? I said nothing about managing HAHAHAH :naughty:. But on a serious note, based on Tang Qi's outtakes past and present, Dong Hua is still the bossy one in this relationship. The show shows  her more bossy but in the book, it's really the other way around.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

On 4/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, jimmylyne said:

It just a interpretation and their point of view between @enigmatic_zephy and @redfoxprincess . Sadly it been a while since they visit our forum..it would've been good if we can hear their opinions regarding ELOD drama. 

Both had a strong perspectives just like our insightful @Ninky here.:thumbsup:. The part you've translated about BQ as Mortal Susu ... it was so heartbreakingly sad.:tears:... the way you translated it..:bawling:.

@redfoxprincess *wave* what's up gurl? Hope everything's fine in Australia?

The post below for me ...Insightful and inspiring..

Hello! This thread is still active .. very interesting..

Well i had some reading to do to even know why i was being quoted, and admittedly i have forgotten most of it.. but to answer a couple of points:

1. Now i know chinese actors voices are dubbed, and we get lucky at times (untamed dubbing is awesome :P ), and dilraba in ELOD (although i haven't really watched this drama yet just in bits and pieces) voice suits her :)

2. ELOD - i don't remember anymore what i felt about them in Ten piles except that i wasn't impressed but knew two are super b'ful and attractive. Little scenes that i have seen, i think Vengo Gao and Dilraba did justice to their roles... he really plays cheeky well and she plays innocent b'ful child woman well

3. BQ - what ninky is saying is somewhat related to what i observed.. so i am happy to know that director captured those details well... but i think i overvalued YM's acting because legend of F was so dissapointing

4. I want to watch ELOD and that other drama in the same universe with different set of leads (Nini??) - but somehow not able to find the motivation to :(

• Like 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Note I did say "handle" right? I said nothing about managing HAHAHAH :naughty:. But on a serious note, based on Tang Qi's outtakes past and present, Dong Hua is still the bossy one in this relationship. The show shows  her more bossy but in the book, it's really the other way around.

He's the boss for hundreds of millenia. He's not DH if he's not bossy. :naughty:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hello! This thread is still active .. very interesting..

Well i had some reading to do to even know why i was being quoted, and admittedly i have forgotten most of it.. but to answer a couple of points:

1. Now i know chinese actors voices are dubbed, and we get lucky at times (untamed dubbing is awesome :P ), and dilraba in ELOD (although i haven't really watched this drama yet just in bits and pieces) voice suits her :)

2. ELOD - i don't remember anymore what i felt about them in Ten piles except that i wasn't impressed but knew two are super b'ful and attractive. Little scenes that i have seen, i think Vengo Gao and Dilraba did justice to their roles... he really plays cheeky well and she plays innocent b'ful child woman well

3. BQ - what ninky is saying is somewhat related to what i observed.. so i am happy to know that director captured those details well... but i think i overvalued YM's acting because legend of F was so dissapointing

4. I want to watch ELOD and that other drama in the same universe with different set of leads (Nini??) - but somehow not able to find the motivation to :(

Hello :)

The thread is active even after the adaptation series ended, as many more discovered the book story of Dong Hua and Feng Jiu. Actually, the Three Lives, Three Worlds of TQ. Furthermore, there are outtakes of the author which are thoroughly enjoyed. There's also a blog for this forum. Please have a look!

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home

ELOD followed quite closely the novel plot, and the few changes done in the series are good.

Though Vengo and Reba were a bit on the cute side in TMOPB, you'll find that they've really stepped up for the roles they reprised in ELOD. It's a consensus that there's no DH but Vengo and Reba as FJ. They were that good in ELOD. :)

Hope you find the time later on to see them, and the others who were also in TMOPB like 3rd Prince Lian Song and Star Lord Si Ming, and some of the nine-tailed foxes folks. :)

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Ayyy his parents are master trollers lol. I mean both his parents will get away with being trollers because Dad is the former master of the universe, Mum is married to him. I'm sure no one will dare complain about BGG? :D

I think BGG would lean more towards DH. He will be a super troll, just like his dad, he will troll people with a straight face and they won't even know it's all on purpose. Whereas anyone can see FJ is up to no good a mile away!

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmm...I have gotten over my rage over how Feng Jiu was left waiting at the altar.

Now I am enraged over how Dong Hua denied her the Saha fruit, especially after how hard he has made her train. Probably because I’m reading about the competition in the pillow book right now.

personally, I think out of the 2 of them, Feng Jiu suffered more regarding Aranya’s dream. And I hate double standards.

so despite how Dong Hua bled to reach her and to give her blood medicine, I’m still pissed he suffered less injuries than Feng Jiu.

to appease my fury, I remind myself that he also missed his son’s first years. And unlike the Saha fruit, these years can never be regained.

this method ain’t working though.

I can understand why you would feel upset for FJ. But best to think of the positive things DH did for FJ, and not how he wronged her. In real life, we can't always quantify what each person did in a relationship. It is impossible.

Another thing is and I have posted this before, FJ excels at looking towards the future and not constantly bringing back the past wrongs.

One can not change the past, only the future. DH also works on the same logic. If they both drilled on the past, there would be plenty of "wrongs" they can pick on each other.

Luckily they don't. They choose to carry on and adapt to each other's needs. They choose to enjoy the moment and have fun.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Megan said:

Wow. 

Another topic I wanna discuss. Who is more hateful? Jiheng or Zhihe.

Jiheng: this delicate polite facade hides a selfish disgrace. We all know and hate Jiheng’s crime. She tries to get in the way of DongFeng love and is willing to emotionally manipulate FJ regarding the Saha fruit, as well misuse her father’s last gift.

Zhihe: a real bully who also misuses her status as foster Sister. She bullies Feng Jiu, was really...um, I’m not sure how to describe her manner...rude? Towards Jiheng. She is spoilt and lazy. She pretends to be good in front of DJ, so he sadly doesn’t know of her crimes. The good news is that she really does give up easily. Seriously...after being kicked out once, she leaves the heavens. But Jiheng actually makes a plan to ruin the wedding.

personally, I find both act stupid in regards to DH’s wedding. Zhihe basically abandons decorum to confront either bride or groom. Jiheng honestly thinks she can force the emperor to comply with her demands by misusing her father’s scale in a manner he won’t definitely approve.

hmmm...while it is tempting to say both are horrible, I already know who is worse for me.

i find Zhihe to be more horrible.

Dong Hua was correct when he said Jiheng behaved the way she did because of her father’s scale. I’m pretty sure that if Zhihe also had the same token, she would have tried somehow to ruin the wedding or at least show no reluctance.

but...when it comes down to it...Zhihe actually killed? the butterfly Friend in Taichen Palace without regret and nearly stabbed Feng Jiu. That scares me more than Jiheng.

when it comes to this...what’s up with these girls under the celestial tribe: Su Jin, Miao Qing and Zhihe....all of them show no regret in nearly causing murder...wow.

then again...Xuan Nu is originally from the fox clan...

I think they are equally terrible. 

Although like you, ZH scares me, because she has no qualms about killing, but she is predictable, therefore more manageable. 

I think ZH is born with that personality. She will continue to bully people, unless she is closely supervised. 

JH is manipulative and smarter than ZH. In this way, she is harder to predict and defend against. 

At the same time, JH's is a weak character, easily manipulated and highly motivated by love. If JH had a good role model, was loved by a respectful person and she loved that person back, maybe she wouldn't have turned into a villainous character.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

AND DRUMROLL.........! The blog has been updated.

Here's the link to "Catching the Subway to the Underworld":  

http://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/catching-the-subway-to-the-underworld

This was a labour of love between 3 people as it is one of the hardest articles to translate due to references to classical chinese literature.

So please enjoy the article...:blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 7

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Here's the link to "Taking the Subway to the Underworld":  

This was a labour of love between 3 people as it is one of the hardest articles to translate due to references to classical chinese literature.

:love:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Enjoyed this post so much - having learned something in Chinese literature and culture. The in-depth explanations and references were wonderful. :)

And, just as I've always thought of, the rascal isn't merely an idle 3rd Prince busy playing go at Tai Chen palace! :) So looking forward of his story to be completed, and of getting to know more of the Netherworld lords. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Here's the link to "Catching the Subway to the Underworld":  

Thank you! Thank you!

:kiss_wink:

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Ninky said:

He also knew when DH was lying. The son and the father are very similar, as the son has only been back with his father for about a month according to the outtake, I am not sure DH realises that this child isn't just an ordinary child. He is probably smarter than A-Li in my opinion.

The interactions between A- Li and his mother was so hilariously funny. 

PB 1 prologue 

Bai Qian sternly chided her son: “I heard your dad as a young boy was able
to recite the Great Sattva Scripture, the Victorious King of Heaven Doctrines,
and the Aryacalanatha Envoy Sutra. But we must’ve spoiled you. You’re
now 500 years old, yet you can’t even recite the Huelin Ideophone Text.
Alright, so it's not the end of the world, but can't you leave your parents some face?”
The little dough grumbled and logically countered, “I didn't want it to be
this way either. But my excellent brains were inherited from you, not from dad!

Fengjiu spitted tea from her mouth. Bai Qian glared at her with squinted
eyes. She stifled her laugh and waved her hands in explanation. “No, it’s
just that my stomach has been acting up lately. You guys go on, go on~~”

• LOL 8