[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Aari sky - your question on the blog about 4 days ago about whether the outtake "the ideal father" is one of the 16 chapters.... just to clarify. You will notice the blog uses the terms 'outtake' and 'one-shots'. The former refers to a short 'chapter' written after the publication of the book and the later, a one-off body of text, usually satirical or humorous. For that section, we have remained true to Tang Qi's work (the author of TMOPB and ELOD). She has made it clear that beyond what you find in our blog, she has produced no further pieces of work. So, if you do come across 16 chapters, it would be fan-fiction. Hope that clarifies your question.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@Aari sky - your question on the blog about 4 days ago about whether the outtake "the ideal father" is one of the 16 chapters.... just to clarify. You will notice the blog uses the terms 'outtake' and 'one-shots'. The former refers to a short 'chapter' written after the publication of the book and the later, a one-off body of text, usually satirical or humorous. For that section, we have remained true to Tang Qi's work (the author of TMOPB and ELOD). She has made it clear that beyond what you find in our blog, she has produced no further pieces of work. So, if you do come across 16 chapters, it would be fan-fiction. Hope that clarifies your question.

I found a source where it says the author is TQ and has extra 16 chapters for pillow book

Can u pls verify whether this source is real or Fan fiction written by someone else? 

http://m.5uks.com/chapter/catalog-31685-1.html

• Awesome 1

Random thought: what if Feng Jiu was found dead in the serpent formation? Do you think Dong Hua would done the same as Chen Ye and created another dream world to resurrect his Xiao Bai? 

I’m sorry I’m just thinking of AU fics.

meanwhile...did anybody notice that they didn’t eat those purple potato pancakes? There were no bite marks at all. What was that purple thing then? A beanbag?

now I’m in the mood for purple Jagabee potatoes. :P

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

I didn't want it to be
this way either. But my excellent brains were inherited from you, not from dad!

Somehow Ali managed to both praise and insult his mother’s intelligence.

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

Also, for the outtake 贡献 or contributions, does anyone know what the last 2 words are in the final paragraph 伟哉 mean in English?

translating apps don’t work.

Plz and thank you.

First two is translated as ‘contribution‘.

second one first word means ‘large’ or ‘great’ second word is just slang for an exclamation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I found a source where it says the author is TQ and has extra 16 chapters for pillow book

Can u pls verify whether this source is real or Fan fiction written by someone else? 

http://m.5uks.com/chapter/catalog-31685-1.html

Hi Aari, no they are not Tang Qi's work. Our team of translators are convinced that Tang Qi would not deliberately pull fleece over our eyes.

In her latest Q&A Part 1 which you can find on our blog posted 3 days ago (section: Tang Qi’s statement regarding Lotus Step), she said "In addition, readers have been lamenting over many years about how the Pillow Book ending at “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord” was inhumane, and have been hoping for further outtakes. After planning for a while, I think I can add a selection of outtakes from the Pillow Book into the published copy of Lotus Step to satisfy everyone’s wish."

This is a very clear message that she has written nothing else other than what we have posted in our blog.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Somehow Ali managed to both praise and insult his mother’s intelligence.

Ye Hua - shameless and thick-faced??

I almost forgot that A- Li also thought his father was shameless and thick- faced.

FJ got punished by BQ after pass onto the same logic of her teaches to A-li.:lol:

" The most important thing in being an immortal is shamelessness. As long as you’re shameless… anything can be done.”

PB 1 page 34

When Fengjiu was little, her parents had wanted to build a love nest for just themselves, so for a long stretch of time she was tossed over into the care of her aunt Bai Qian.

Growing up with this aunt, she did everything
from snaring birds in the sky to catching fish in the stream. Once, she even plucked all the feathers clean from her fourth uncle's Jingwei bird12 while he was taking a nap.

Taking into account her even wilder childhood days, Bai Qian turned a blind eye to Fengjiu's mischiefs.

However, her aunt Bai Qian did raise her with an understanding of the greater good. For example,

Bai Qian once told Fengjiu that the most important thing in being a deity was to not be afraid of losing face, because
being shameless was also a sort of courage as it allowed one to bravely take that first step

No matter what, as long as she wasn’t afraid of embarrassment and kept hanging on, she would succeed in the long run.

Years later, Fengjiu used this same logic to pass onto the little dough when
she encouraged him to fight for the rights to his mother’s bedchamber against his father. 

" The most important thing in being an immortal is shamelessness. As long as you’re shameless… anything can be done.”

At night, the little dough repeated these remarks word for word to Bai
Qian, asking his mother what it meant exactly to be shameless as well as
how to be thick-faced like his father.

Bai Qian placed down the bowl of
lotus soup she was going to bring to Yehua as a late night snack, then went
to the study within Zhangsheng Palace and picked out a few bundles of
thick Buddhist sutras. She packed them to the rim in a wooden cart, and taking advantage of the late hours, sent them over to Fengjiu’s place.

She idly added an instruction to her dear niece that if she didn’t finish copying everything by the next sundown, a series of blind dates would be waiting for her from sunrise to sunset.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

She idly added an instruction to her dear niece that if she didn’t finish copying everything by the next sundown, a series of blind dates would be waiting for her from sunrise to sunset.

What BQ didn't expect is that her niece runs away from the dating banquet to end up in the hot spring...and by the next days be the gossiped about secret wife of DH, and that their child is Cheng Yu! Thanks to LS the rascal bagua! :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

16 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Hi Aari, no they are not Tang Qi's work. Our team of translators are convinced that Tang Qi would not deliberately pull fleece over our eyes.

In her latest Q&A Part 1 which you can find on our blog posted 3 days ago (section: Tang Qi’s statement regarding Lotus Step), she said "In addition, readers have been lamenting over many years about how the Pillow Book ending at “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord” was inhumane, and have been hoping for further outtakes. After planning for a while, I think I can add a selection of outtakes from the Pillow Book into the published copy of Lotus Step to satisfy everyone’s wish."

This is a very clear message that she has written nothing else other than what we have posted in our blog.

That would be greater than the sun!! if Tang qi will add! yay can't wait her to finish all the books .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Random thought: what if Feng Jiu was found dead in the serpent formation? Do you think Dong Hua would done the same as Chen Ye and created another dream world to resurrect his Xiao Bai? 

I’m sorry I’m just thinking of AU fics.

meanwhile...did anybody notice that they didn’t eat those purple potato pancakes? There were no bite marks at all. What was that purple thing then? A beanbag?

now I’m in the mood for purple Jagabee potatoes. :P

Possibly? I think DH would be a bit more grounded, as much as he loves FJ, he most likely think about the consequences of his actions and how it impacts on the world safety. But I guess there is always Moyan as a backup plan for world safety!

If I remember right, I think Vengo mentioned that the cakes does not taste nice. I always wondered if Vengo does not like eating fish? Have you noticed how he never actually ate any? Whereas Reba at least ate a bit.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Ye Hua - shameless and thick-faced??

I almost forgot that A- Li also thought his father was shameless and thick- faced.

FJ got punished by BQ after pass onto the same logic of her teaching to A-li.:lol:

PB 1 page 34

When Fengjiu was little, her parents had wanted to build a love nest for just themselves, so for a long stretch of time she was tossed over into the care of her aunt Bai Qian.

Growing up with this aunt, she did everything
from snaring birds in the sky to catching fish in the stream. Once, she even plucked all the feathers clean from her fourth uncle's Jingwei bird12 while he was taking a nap.

Taking into account her even wilder childhood days, Bai Qian turned a blind eye to Fengjiu's mischiefs.

However, her aunt Bai Qian did raise her with an understanding of the greater good. For example,

Bai Qian once told Fengjiu that the most important thing in being a deity was to not be afraid of losing face, because
being shameless was also a sort of courage as it allowed one to bravely take that first step

No matter what, as long as she wasn’t afraid of embarrassment and kept hanging on, she would succeed in the long run.

Years later, Fengjiu used this same logic to pass onto the little dough when
she encouraged him to fight for the rights to his mother’s bedchamber against his father. 

At night, the little dough repeated these remarks word for word to Bai
Qian, asking his mother what it meant exactly to be shameless as well as
how to be thick-faced like his father.

See, DH fits nicely into the family. Everyone goes by the same logic! Just be shameless and it will all work out.

• LOL 7

4 minutes ago, Elegant blossoms said:

http://www.starmometer.com/2020/04/22/mostbeautifulwoman2020-battle-round-deepika-padukone-vs-jennie-kim-vs-dilraba-dilmurat/

Hi everyone please vote for are Fengjui (Dilraba Dilmurat) she has been nominated for the most beautiful face of 2020. Click on the link above to vote. Be safe everyone. 

Done. I’m actually likes blackpink too but for the title of beauty I think Reba deserve it more. #imo

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

If I remember right, I think Vengo mentioned that the cakes does not taste nice. I always wondered if Vengo does not like eating fish? Have you noticed how he never actually ate any? Whereas Reba at least ate a bit.

I don't know which cake he was referring to but the purple yam cake looked so hard to eat :sweatingbullets:

Maybe the fish was poisonous too like DH's sweet and sour fish. I think Vengo eats fish. Remember a few weeks ago he showed his cooking skill. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Food for thought:

Jiheng risked her life to save Minsu on that mountain.

when Dong Hua is facing the pythons, what does Jiheng do?

ask Xiao Yan to face the danger instead.

why do you think this is so? Here are the theories I came up with.

1) she doesn’t love Dijun. She is just possessive.

2) she is currently weakened by the poison and would probably be a liability rather than an asset in trying to drag Dijun back. Actually, with her level of power, she can’t even force Dong Hua back. Xiao Yan has a better chance.

3) having faced death before while saving Minsu, Jiheng doesn’t wanna die now. Send Xiao Yan instead!

What do you think about this?

• Unamused 1

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

Food for thought:

Jiheng risked her life to save Minsu on that mountain.

when Dong Hua is facing the pythons, what does Jiheng do?

ask Xiao Yan to face the danger instead.

why do you think this is so? Here are the theories I came up with.

1) she doesn’t love Dijun. She is just possessive.

2) she is currently weakened by the poison and would probably be a liability rather than an asset in trying to drag Dijun back. Actually, with her level of power, she can’t even force Dong Hua back. Xiao Yan has a better chance.

3) having faced death before while saving Minsu, Jiheng doesn’t wanna die now. Send Xiao Yan instead!

What do you think about this?

Well, she wanted to marry Minsu. :sweatingbullets:Speaking of Minsu, where is she in Fanyin Valley? She didn't die in the book. She had falling out with JH due to Minsu being a girl.

JH is still a shamelessly selfish user twat. What are lovers for if you can't use them? Though more like, oh, here's the chance to eliminate XY! 

She'll never want a faceoff with the snakes though JH can go in the dream and try to save DH due to her low level of cultivation. In fact, morally if she had any, she should because she mostly caused the disaster by robbing somebody her prize. Then insult with lies that winner too. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Megan said:

One more thing. Now that Feng Jiu is publicly married to Dong Hua, why do people still refer to her as highness instead of empress?

She might need to be crowned as empress first before she can be addressed as Her Majesty.

Or, she won't, as her being an empress is as deference to being the former ruler of realms DH's spouse.

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 2