[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Why is Tencent FB posting ELOD Ep1 cut version...does that mean that later they'll  soon give the uncut version? :open_mouth:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=960791754318342&id=1053101664728725

I hope so. Excitedly watched this thinking that it was the uncut version. Too bad I read your post wrong :bawling:

I love reading the different opinions from you guys on the characters of the show. Especially from the regulars I often see here like @Ninky @jimmylyne @MayanEcho @Aari sky @Yori Ten @vivi0303 @ChibiLy @pawla and many many others, these views help me see those characters in a different perspective and even helps me understand the story, characters and their plight better. So keep 'em coming guys! Love you all especially our handworking translators :heart: :love:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

It's the view of the original poster @jimmylyne qouted. It isn't in the book.

When DH was at FV and he folded space to play go with LS. It's the conversation before FJ confronted DH on him pretending to be handkerchief.

It's in the book that DH found FJ endearing. Where exactly, I can't remember, but I remember reading that part, hence the sense of familiarity and warmth. I'm sure though that it's in the first volume of PB.

In the book, it was DH's observation of FJ's demeanor and his thoughts during the competition. Other than that, he also spoke of it to FJ Aranya at Yueling flower festival.

Firstly...thks @MayanEcho ...sending you love and hugs :kiss_wink:. Love how fast you provided such an accurately answered and explanation to@Megan 

• Like 6

There will be another update we the translation team are working on posting.

This will be regarding the Underworld, how it functions and how the Xie siblings manage it. Bai Gun Gun has lived there for a while.

This is one of the recent topics that Tang Qi has posted onto her WeChat. Hope you will enjoy this article!

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Firstly...thks @MayanEcho ...sending you love and hugs :kiss_wink:. Love how fast you provided such an accurately answered and explanation to@Megan 

You're welcome! :)

@Megan I remember now, and it's after DH drove away the Chiyan beast FJ initially fought with at Chengtian Palace. Page 31 of PB vol 1:

Many years later, Donghua had not been able to forget Fengjiu's words. He wasn't sure what her words had meant. He only knew this child had always made him feel dear although he didn't recognize who she was. In his memory, the first time he ever saw her was by the Wangsheng shore near Qingqiu. With wet hair as dark as sea kelps, she rode the waves and came ashore. But he hadn't remembered her appearance then, in the same way he hadn’t remembered how the sunflowers had looked that day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This will be regarding the Underworld, how it functions and how the Xie siblings manage it. Bai Gun Gun has lived there for a while.

This is one of the recent topics that Tang Qi has posted onto her WeChat. Hope you will enjoy this article!

Looking forward to it! Thank you very much for the heads up. All of you in the translation team are awesome! :love: :heart: 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You're welcome! :)

@Megan I remember now, and it's after DH drove away the Chiyan beast FJ initially fought with at Chengtian Palace. Page 31 of PB vol 1:

Many years later, Donghua had not been able to forget Fengjiu's words. He wasn't sure what her words had meant. He only knew this child had always made him feel dear although he didn't recognize who she was. In his memory, the first time he ever saw her was by the Wangsheng shore near Qingqiu. With wet hair as dark as sea kelps, she rode the waves and came ashore. But he hadn't remembered her appearance then, in the same way he hadn’t remembered how the sunflowers had looked that day.

Yes that part is in part the recollection of Dong Hua's memories of Feng Jiu. This story is in the past tense. So it makes sense. Their actual official meeting is her kicking the flower pot at DH's head and pushing the blame to Mi Gu. Thereafter his memories of her will be as clear as the light of day.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

52 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Wow!! In ELOD wedsite will post it ??

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Megan

PB 2 page 3&4

Fengjiu had always been special to him. But for the longest time he did not question these feelings of his, or perhaps he didn't have the time and effort to question them.
Moreover, this kind of thing was different from annotating Buddhist scriptures. Sometimes, not trying to understand might actually bring the answers. Sometimes, it's just about fate.

Donghua startlingly realized what that fate was on the day of the competition.
At that time, seated high on the terrace, he glanced up and saw Fengjiu throw her classmate off the snow stake with only a few moves. When she sheathed her sword back into its scabbard, her cherry-colored lips secretly curled into a hidden smile in an effortless manner which made him
thought for the first time of her queenly position in Qingqiu. At that moment, in his mind emerged four words: 'duan zhuang shu jing' (端莊淑靜)
'Respectable' and 'demure', there were times she could be this way? This was a new discovery for him, an interesting one, in fact.

A nervous Biyiniao maid served him warm tea. He raised his hand to receive it and lightly took a sip. By the time he glanced back, she had stopped smiling.

It was as if she felt her smile had been improper. While no one was looking, she softly bit her lower lip, then swept a glance as though she was afraid someone had seen it. Because her lips were luscious, the light bite left a pale indentation that gradually flushed pink again like an ivory pistil in early winter.
Propping his chin on his palm, he suddenly felt that if he must pick a queen, Fengjiu wasn't a bad choice.
He froze for a moment when this idea came to him. Then he gave it careful consideration.

No, it couldn't be said that she was not bad. Rather, it must be said that in this whole world, she was the only suitable one. In other words, she was the only one he could ever like.
When his thoughts drifted to this point, he realized the meaning behind his recent actions.
It turned out he was thinking about this matter in such a way, thinking
about her in such a way.
It turned out he liked her.

But why out of thousands of people did he only like Fengjiu? He thought
about it for a long while and at last concluded it was because he had good
vision. Because his sight was keen, he was able to discover her – a diamond
in the rough.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

What I like in ELOD is that there's a backstory in the series why DH went to Qing Qiu for BQ's wedding. Not the one wherein MY can't go, but because he might have the chance to find there his missing baby fox. :)

Whereas in PB, Mi Gu is wondering why the purple robed deity, the one who couldn't be bothered to leave Tai Chen palace, was part of the wedding procession. :lol:

I like to think that in the book, the pull of the transferred fate from Cheng Ye to DH called him to Qing Qiu to have a glimpse of FJ. Not because of any other reason, other than he felt that he must go there. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Hello everybodi~ 

Upcoming updates for the blog from the ELOD Soompi translation team (@Yori Ten @Ninky @nitepolaris @SGahjumma @bertrande and @SC2019 )

Blog release schedule for next week: 

·      Mon 27/4: Team Spotlight: Yori Ten profile

·      Wed 29/4: Relationship between the clans

ps. The underworld Q & A is coming soon~~ 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What I like in ELOD is that there's a backstory in the series why DH went to Qing Qiu for BQ's wedding. Not the one wherein MY can't go, but because he might have the chance to find there his missing baby fox. :)

Whereas in PB, Mi Gu is wondering why the purple robed deity, the one who couldn't be bothered to leave Tai Chen palace, was part of the wedding procession. :lol:

I like to think that in the book, the pull of the transferred fate from Cheng Ye to DH called him to Qing Qiu to have a glimpse of FJ. Not because of any other reason, other than he felt that he must go there. :wub:

Agreed...DH missing his baby fox so very much.

And LS being a good friend he is..very observant and knew about this , remember when they play a Go and DH was busted by LS because apparently DH make a shape/form of baby fox's face on GO board :lol:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The pull is exactly WHY he went IMO. He hates crowds for heavens sakes! Great minds think alike Hi Five! @MayanEcho

Also Mo Yuan is Ye Hua's elder brother. That's why Mo Yuan is there. But what was funny was to hear Mo Yuan gossiping about Feng Jiu's unfortunate "wedding" to Lord Cang Yi. Mo Yuan was supposed to be the officiant in that particular fiasco of a wedding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

@Megan

PB 2 page 3&4

Fengjiu had always been special to him. But for the longest time he did not question these feelings of his, or perhaps he didn't have the time and effort to question them.
Moreover, this kind of thing was different from annotating Buddhist scriptures. Sometimes, not trying to understand might actually bring the answers. Sometimes, it's just about fate.

At that time, seated high on the terrace, he glanced up and saw Fengjiu throw her classmate off the snow stake with only a few moves. When she sheathed her sword back into its scabbard, her cherry-colored lips secretly curled into a hidden smile in an effortless manner which made him
thought for the first time of her queenly position in Qingqiu. At that moment, in his mind emerged four words: 'duan zhuang shu jing' (端莊淑靜)
'Respectable' and 'demure', there were times she could be this way? This was a new discovery for him, an interesting one, in fact.

A nervous Biyiniao maid served him warm tea. He raised his hand to receive it and lightly took a sip. By the time he glanced back, she had stopped smiling.

It was as if she felt her smile had been improper. While no one was looking, she softly bit her lower lip, then swept a glance as though she was afraid someone had seen it. Because her lips were luscious, the light bite left a pale indentation that gradually flushed pink again like an ivory pistil in early winter.
Propping his chin on his palm, he suddenly felt that if he must pick a queen, Fengjiu wasn't a bad choice.
He froze for a moment when this idea came to him. Then he gave it careful consideration.

No, it couldn't be said that she was not bad. Rather, it must be said that in this whole world, she was the only suitable one. In other words, she was the only one he could ever like.
When his thoughts drifted to this point, he realized the meaning behind his recent actions.
about her in such a way.

in the rough.

This is the exact scene when he realises he has fallen in love. It took him awhile to become self aware as he has never fallen in love and hence did not recognise it for quite a long time. The next big realisation is when Lian Song tells him the little fox is Feng Jiu in the scene just before he rushes to Fan Yin Valley to rescue her. That also allowed him to put two and two together the reason why she seems to "hate" him. After that is his entire "chasing after his wife" story. It starts from the prologue of book II. 

• Like 6

Dong Hua feels so loved by Feng Jiu...even as strangers I guess.

even the baby fox pampered him. She tended to his wounds, was a literal comfort pet when he was sad, and actually helped him out in battle.

it’s a shame the fox couldn’t cook in that form beyond potatoes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Agreed...DH missing his baby fox so very much.

And LS being a good friend he is..very observant and knew about this , remember when they play a Go and DH was busted by LS because apparently DH make a shape/form of baby fox's face on GO board :lol:

DH misses the one and only who "heartily eats" his sweet and sour fishes and remain standing! :lol: Aww, I like that scene too in ELOD. And the one wherein ZL was telling DH he really loves the little fox, after he built her a pavillion. 

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Also Mo Yuan is Ye Hua's elder brother. That's why Mo Yuan is there. But what was funny was to hear Mo Yuan gossiping about Feng Jiu's unfortunate "wedding" to Lord Cang Yi. Mo Yuan was supposed to be the officiant in that particular fiasco of a wedding.

It was really so funny of MY that he's gossipping, too. And to imagine MY recalling later who he was merrily gossipping about when he receives the 200 days invite from DH. :lol:

I'm reimagining the ELOD scene, wherein the seemingly busy of drinking tea DH butts in and says the name Cangyi when either Si Ming or LS can't recall the supposed groom of FJ. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@Megan

PB 2 page 3&4

about her in such a way.

in the rough.

Those fans might have misunderstood the funny snippets TQ released after the Peach blossom novel ..

In those snippets, DH always teases FJ that she is dumb (coz she really young) just for Fun.. I can't believe those fans actually took this seriously, which makes them the real dumb ones who cannot differenciate b/w funny teasing with honest feelings..

Along with the above mentioned inner thought.. in Aranya dream he openly says that Fengjiu is talented in Everything & She is perfect in every sense...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Why is Tencent FB posting ELOD Ep1 cut version...does that mean that later they'll  soon give the uncut version? :open_mouth:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=960791754318342&id=1053101664728725

There are lot of unnecessary Jiheng scenes that was not telecasted in Cut version, I hope they won't add them in the Uncut versions.. it will ruin everything.. 

There was this one scene where DH is feeding JH soup/medicine, I seriously felt like whacking the person who wrote that scene. 

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

Those fans might have misunderstood the funny snippets TQ released after the Peach blossom novel ..

In those snippets, DH always teases FJ that she is dumb (coz she really young) just for Fun.. I can't believe those fans actually took this seriously, which makes them the real dumb ones who cannot differenciate b/w funny teasing with honest feelings..

Along with the above mentioned inner thought.. in Aranya dream he openly says that Fengjiu is talented in Everything & She is perfect in every sense...

FJ doesn't deny she isn't that good in academics except ancient history which she excelled. Doesn't mean though that she's dumb. Though it's funny how she argued with this with Ali. :lol:

Even if she is sometimes off with her conclusions, she's mostly on point. Plus she cooks well, she is good with sword, and most of all, she gets by without having to use her royal title. 

For DH, she's perfect for him. I agree. Both are trolls :lol:

Further thoughts, these immortals have it good with their history lessons. Some of their ancient heroes are still alive. Haha, one even snagged the deity who united the realms. :)

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

There are lot of unnecessary Jiheng scenes that was not telecasted in Cut version, I hope they won't add them in the Uncut versions.. it will ruin everything.. 

There was this one scene where DH is feeding JH soup/medicine, I seriously felt like whacking the person who wrote that scene. 

JH scenes in the cut version are more than enough. If they add that scene in uncut version, you'll have to fall in line amidst the pitchforks with your whacking mallet.:joy:

• LOL 5

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ doesn't deny she isn't that good in academics except ancient history which she excelled. Doesn't mean though that she's dumb. Though it's funny how she argued with this with Ali. :lol:

Even if she is sometimes off with her conclusions, she's mostly on point. Plus she cooks well, she is good with sword, and most of all, she gets by without having to use her royal title. 

For DH, she's perfect for him. I agree. Both are trolls :lol:

She's still so young so she has time to catch up on those scriptures...

Also students have different skills and talents and their lifespan is diff from mortals,  FJ hates scriptures but she Excels in sword making and sword fighting since she was little, Ali Excels in academic but he hasn't started on learning battle skills, adult like JH also didn't know anything about fighting, her skills were in art field..

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1