Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

3 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

p/s

as much as i adore liansong, i am not interested in liansong and chengyu's story,

but i am quite curious about mo yuan and shao wan's story

dunno why, but i think those two will have a really tragic and gut wrenching love story

makes me feel sorry for them (funny hahaha)

so happy that our couple has passed all the trials and now basking in the happiness and enjoyment of being together

:P

In Tang Qi’s interview (included at the end of Book 1 English translation of The Pillow Book), she said that Pillow Book was her first attempt to write a true love story (10MPB was probably more adventure), while Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan and Shao Wan) will be a lot darker. So you’re right, it is probably going to be a tragedy that’s depressing on the level of Hua Xu Yin (Tang Qi’s other very famous book series). :tears: She writes some really twisted and sadistic stuff. No idea what Lotus Steps (Liang Song and Cheng Yu) is about, but fans seem to anticipate it to be super racy since Liang Song is supposedly a playboy.

3 hours ago, aryamine said:

The mortal arc was mentioned in passing actually. Remember when DD was looking in the mirror(cant recall its name). Before she sent her shadow as aranya she sent it to aid DD in passing his mortal trial which failed hence the aranya branch. Also She met Ye QingTi during this mortal trial.

Sorry, aryamine, i don’t really understand what you mean...? :huh: I think you’ve mixed a few things up, which is ok, i’ll try and jog your memory. I know it’s confusing, especially when there were some mistakes in the translation. The translation sometimes called Fanyin Valley the ‘mortal realm’ when it should have been translated as the ‘lower realm’, as in a valley in the lower part of the celestial realm.

Spoiler

• It was actually the other way round to what you said. The Aranya arc occured BEFORE the supposed ‘mortal trial’. It was actually because Aranya (Feng Jiu’s shadow) failed her mission to make Chen Ye (Dong Hua’s shadow) happy, that’s why Feng Jiu had to go to the mortal realm to try assist in Dong Hua’s supposed ‘mortal trial’ - still trying to repay her debt.

• In the mortal realm, there was only Feng Jiu. Dong Hua NEVER went to the mortal realm and that’s what i was trying to say - not that it wasn’t mentioned. The ‘mortal trial’ was all a cover-up which Feng Jiu only discovers at the very end of Pillow Book. The whole time, she had mistaken the Emperor as Dong Hua reincarnated - but actually, the Emperor was just a mortal Emperor with absolutely nothing to do with Dong Hua (who was asleep in Tai Chen Palace that whole time).

• Feng Jiu actually thought she successfully repayed her debt by assisting Dong Hua in his supposed ‘mortal trial’ because she saved the Emperor from drowning. Then she hung around in the mortal realm for a bit longer, hoping to protect the Emperor, and that’s how she met Ye Qing Ti. Problem is - the Emperor was NOT Dong Hua.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

Further to what i wrote in the above post in ‘hidden contents’, i wonder who of you considers Feng Jiu to have repayed her ‘life debt’ to Dong Hua? Or do some of you think the debt was never truly repaid? Here are all her ‘attempts’ at debt repayment and their results:

• Serves in Tai Chen Palace as a maid for 400 years - she considers that a FAIL as nothing she did ever directly benefited Dong Hua, and he also never knew she was there.

• In fox form after her deal with Nie Chu Yin, enters the Wicked Lotus Sphere and fights demons attacking Dong Hua (Liang Song actually said the baby fox saved Dong Hua’s life) - but she considers that a FAIL as Dong Hua never knew it was her, and he ended up taking care of her injuries, etc, etc.

• Sends her shadow to Fanyin Valley, births as Aranya to assist Chen Ye to fulfil his dreams - she considers that a FAIL because Aranya became Chen Ye’s biggest heartache and also died early without ever figuring out what Chen Ye wanted, which was actually to be with Aranya.

• Enters the mortal realm in the hopes of assisting Dong Hua in his ‘mortal trial’, and thinks she succeeded because she saved the Emperor from drowning -

Spoiler

this was clearly a FAIL because Dong Hua is not the Emperor. Interestingly enough, after their 200-year separation when Feng Jiu rejects all of Dong Hua’s gifts, she says that he doesn’t need to give her these things because they are now ‘even’. At this point, she still thinks her mortal realm stint had repaid her debt. Little did she know about the bombshell that was about to drop and she discovers the truth about everything!

But then, considering that Feng Jiu believes her debt is a ‘life debt’ because Dong Hua saved her life, the only way she could really ‘repay’ that debt was to fulfil Dong Hua’s dreams - and who else, but Feng Jiu, could do that? So what really happens, and she never even realises, is that her debt repayment finally succeeds when they get together in Aranya’s Dream. Her only way to repay her debt is with herself. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

In Tang Qi’s interview (included at the end of Book 1 English translation of The Pillow Book), she said that Pillow Book was her first attempt to write a true love story (10MPB was probably more adventure), while Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan and Shao Wan) will be a lot darker. So you’re right, it is probably going to be a tragedy that’s depressing on the level of Hua Xu Yin (Tang Qi’s other very famous book series). :tears: She writes some really twisted and sadistic stuff. No idea what Lotus Steps (Liang Song and Cheng Yu) is about, but fans seem to anticipate it to be super racy since Liang Song is supposedly a playboy.

Sorry, aryamine, i don’t really understand what you mean...? :huh: I think you’ve mixed a few things up, which is ok, i’ll try and jog your memory. I know it’s confusing, especially when there were some mistakes in the translation. The translation sometimes called Fanyin Valley the ‘mortal realm’ when it should have been translated as the ‘lower realm’, as in a valley in the lower part of the celestial realm.

Reveal hidden contents

• It was actually the other way round to what you said. The Aranya arc occured BEFORE the supposed ‘mortal trial’. It was actually because Aranya (Feng Jiu’s shadow) failed her mission to make Chen Ye (Dong Hua’s shadow) happy, that’s why Feng Jiu had to go to the mortal realm to try assist in Dong Hua’s supposed ‘mortal trial’ - still trying to repay her debt.

• In the mortal realm, there was only Feng Jiu. Dong Hua NEVER went to the mortal realm and that’s what i was trying to say - not that it wasn’t mentioned. The ‘mortal trial’ was all a cover-up which Feng Jiu only discovers at the very end of Pillow Book. The whole time, she had mistaken the Emperor as Dong Hua reincarnated - but actually, the Emperor was just a mortal Emperor with absolutely nothing to do with Dong Hua (who was asleep in Tai Chen Palace that whole time).

• Feng Jiu actually thought she successfully repayed her debt by assisting Dong Hua in his supposed ‘mortal trial’ because she saved the Emperor from drowning. Then she hung around in the mortal realm for a bit longer, hoping to protect the Emperor, and that’s how she met Ye Qing Ti. Problem is - the Emperor was NOT Dong Hua.

It's been long since I read the pillow book. I need to do some revision apparently. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic? I can only write oneshots for now due to scarcity of spare time, and as i said above, i’m struggling to come up with a continuing fanfic plot that won’t mess with their happily ever after. I also don’t want to write a spinoff or reinvention fanfic because i’m too obsessed with the story as it is. Some oneshots i’m interested in playing around with would be...

POVS:

• Aranya’s Dream from Dong Hua’s perspective, especially critical moments like when he went to see the yue ling flowers with ‘Aranya’, when he discovered Feng Jiu’s soul was in Aranya’s body, when Feng Jiu said to ‘Xize’ that she doesn’t want to see the person she used to love, when Feng Jiu got drugged and was ripping her clothes off and licking his chest (LOL!), when Feng Jiu returned to her own body and he kissed her in the cave, when they went to the Maiden Festival, and when they made love. :w00t:

• Encounters with Feng Jiu in the Nine Heavens from Dong Hua’s perspective, including the wedding procession at Qing Qiu, her entrance into the wedding banquet, Feng Jiu’s blind dates, eavesdropping on Feng Jiu and Ah Li, the opera battle with the fire bird, the steamy hot spring, carrying drunk and clingy Feng Jiu into bed... :w00t:

WHAT IFs:

• WHAT IF Feng Jiu stayed ‘even more’ faithful to Dong Hua and ultimately rejected ‘Xize’... when they return from Aranya’s Dream, what would happen? WHAT IF Dong Hua doesn’t feed her the memory-altering pill, so she then naturally discovers that ‘Xize’ was actually Dong Hua? WHAT IF the first time they make love, Feng Jiu is actually ‘doing it’ with Dong Hua rather than believing it is Xize, i.e. all her Dong Hua dreams and fantasies come true? :w00t:

• WHAT IF in the scene where Dong Hua was rubbing the healing paste on Feng Jiu’s bruises, after she gets ontop of him and puts cream on his face, he actually pins her down and madly kisses her? WHAT IF Feng Jiu then emphatically pushes him away and confronts him for ‘cheating’ on Ji Heng? WHAT IF after that confrontation, Dong Hua hangs on to questions of ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my cracked hands and this special paste’ and ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my fake engagement with Ji Heng’? WHAT IF, instead of Liang Song, Dong Hua also questions why Feng Jiu wants the Saha Fruit and goes to chat with Si Ming and discovers the truth about Feng Jiu, and all this happens BEFORE the Saha Fruit Competition? WHAT IF, after the Competion, when Feng Jiu goes to find Dong Hua to beg him for the Saha Fruit, Dong Hua (now knowing the truth about his baby fox and everything about Feng Jiu), is waiting for her in his room... :w00t:

Okay, SORRY... i wasn’t intentionally making every idea eventually become an excuse for a DongFeng smutfest... :w00t: Please feel free to give me OTHER oneshot fanfic ideas because i am OBVIOUSLY hopeless at coming up with anything but S-E-X... :rolleyes: I am aware that i sound like a lonely H-O-R-N-Y lovesick teenager... :lol: Please know that i am actually happily married with kids and have a very fulfilling life... :D

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic? I can only write oneshots for now due to scarcity of spare time, and as i said above, i’m struggling to come up with a continuing fanfic plot that won’t mess with their happily ever after. I also don’t want to write a spinoff fanfic because i’m too obsessed with the story as it is. Some oneshots i’m interested in playing around with would be...

POVS:

• Aranya’s Dream from Dong Hua’s perspective, especially critical moments like when he went to see the yue ling flowers with ‘Aranya’, when he discovered Feng Jiu’s soul was in Aranya’s body, when Feng Jiu said to ‘Xize’ that she doesn’t want to see the person she used to love, when Feng Jiu got drugged and was ripping her clothes off and licking his chest (LOL!), when Feng Jiu returned to her own body and he kissed her in the cave, when they went to the Maiden Festival, and when they made love. :w00t:

• Encounters with Feng Jiu in the Nine Heavens from Dong Hua’s perspective, including the wedding procession at Qing Qiu, her entrance into the wedding banquet, Feng Jiu’s blind dates, eavesdropping on Feng Jiu and Ah Li, the opera battle with the fire bird, the steamy hot spring, carrying drunk and clingy Feng Jiu into bed... :w00t:

WHAT IFs:

• WHAT IF Feng Jiu stayed ‘even more’ faithful to Dong Hua and ultimately rejected ‘Xize’... when they return from Aranya’s Dream, what would happen? WHAT IF Dong Hua doesn’t feed her the memory-altering pill, so she then naturally discovers that ‘Xize’ was actually Dong Hua? WHAT IF the first time they make love, Feng Jiu is actually ‘doing it’ with Dong Hua rather than believing it is Xize, i.e. all her Dong Hua dreams and fantasies come true? :w00t:

• WHAT IF in the scene where Dong Hua was rubbing the healing paste on Feng Jiu’s bruises, after she gets ontop of him and puts cream on his face, he actually pins her down and madly kisses her? WHAT IF Feng Jiu then emphatically pushes him away and confronts him for ‘cheating’ on Ji Heng? WHAT IF after that confrontation, Dong Hua hangs on to questions of ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my cracked hands and this special paste’ and ‘how does Feng Jiu know about my fake engagement with Ji Heng’? WHAT IF, instead of Liang Song, Dong Hua also questions why Feng Jiu wants the Saha Fruit and goes to chat with Si Ming and discovers the truth about Feng Jiu, and all this happens BEFORE the Saha Fruit Competition? WHAT IF, after the Competion, when Feng Jiu goes to find Dong Hua to beg him for the Saha Fruit, Dong Hua (now knowing the truth about his baby fox and everything about Feng Jiu), is waiting for her in his room... :w00t:

Okay, SORRY... i wasn’t intentionally making every idea eventually become a DongFeng smutfest... :w00t: Please feel free to give me OTHER oneshot fanfic ideas because i am OBVIOUSLY hopeless at coming up with anything but S-E-X... :rolleyes: I am aware that i sound like a lonely H-O-R-N-Y lovesick teenager... :lol: Please know that i am actually happily married with kids and have a very fulfilling life... :D

Lol I for one prefer the first :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, aryamine said:

The mortal arc was mentioned in passing actually. Remember when DD was looking in the mirror(cant recall its name). Before she sent her shadow as aranya she sent it to aid DD in passing his mortal trial which failed hence the aranya branch. Also She met Ye QingTi during this mortal trial.

in the book the mortal realm was mentioned in the passing since it doesnt hold any significance aside from fengjiu's meeting with ye qingti and owning him a debt of life

but in the drama it seems that mortal realm will hold a bigger role for both feng jiu and donghua and i think i read somewhere in this thread there would be interference from jiheng as well? (not sure)

kinda redundant i think

that is of the thing that seems to be slightly different from the book

so just like what @redfoxprincess said 

7 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

In the books, Dong Hua never went to the mortal realm. But in the drama, it appears they will have him reincarnate as a Crown Prince (not Emperor) who has black hair and wears white, and Feng Jiu will have a romance with him in the mortal realm. No one knows what this is about though, as it completely deviates from the book, just as their mortal realm story in the Eternal Love drama was also not in the book. Like many others here, i find this to be a major change and am just as excited for it as i am nervous, and really curious how they will justify why Dong Hua has no memories of their mortal realm romance! :tears:

i also am looking forward for this arc since it was not in the book

it can be that lil elements of surprise 

it's good since for us who has read the book over and over again

something new can make the story even more interesting

btw

i hope they dont dwell too long for the aranya's dream part

its kinda boring for me

it took me a while to even finish reading that part in pillow book

i wonder if prince qing would make an appearances in the drama too

hahaha

and also @redfoxprincess can you enlighten me about what is dongfeng three lives and three world?

i mean

for ye hua and bai gian it's quite obvious to see their three lives and three world (at least in the drama i mean)

but i am still a lil confuse for dongfeng

and since the drama added the mortal realm arc, will that be considered as one of their lives and world?

sorry for asking but i think you know more than others here

18 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I’m posting WAY TOO MUCH today... but just wondering... who would be interested in reading if i were to write some DongFeng fanfic?

i dont mind reading any of it

all seems interesting

i always enjoyed reading what ifs

but reading from other perspectives of the same event is also unique way to view things

so either one or all is quite nice for me

it has been a while since i last wrote fanfic as well

but even now i just cant write, too many things to think, too little time

hahaha

happy writing!!!

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

and also @redfoxprincess can you enlighten me about what is dongfeng three lives and three world?

i mean

for ye hua and bai gian it's quite obvious to see their three lives and three world (at least in the drama i mean)

but i am still a lil confuse for dongfeng

and since the drama added the mortal realm arc, will that be considered as one of their lives and world?

sorry for asking but i think you know more than others here

Hahaha i don’t know more, i think i’m just really obsessed! :lol: In the book, it is like this:

• First life: Life in Tai Chen Palace - Feng Jiu as a maid for 400 years, then as Dong Hua’s pet baby fox.

• Second life: Life as a Biyiniao - their shadows born as Aranya and Chen Ye, an unfulfilled love story.

• Third life: Life as Dong Hua’s Beloved - the book begins in the third life with Aranya and Chen Ye’s unfulfilled fate transferring to Feng Jiu and Dong Hua, giving them a chance to meet properly (at Bai Qian and Ye Hua’s wedding) and finally fall in love.

As for the drama, the speculation is that the mortal realm/Crown Prince arc will be part of the first life. Apparently, and this is purely speculation by fans (although ‘fans’ evidently include some members of the production team with their secret cams, leaked pics, footage and info!) - apparently, Dong Hua will try to train his pet baby fox and increase her cultivation by sending her down to the mortal realm with some tasks to complete, and he will secretly accompany her down there as the Crown Prince.

• Like 1

^

your obsession is making you know more hahaha

and in this case its a good thing

i hope that the second life, aka the fanyin valley would include those before they fell into the aranya's dream as well

i quite enjoy watching donghua getting jealous over xiao yan ops i mean warrior xiao yan hahaha

i need to see with my own eyes, how the soup bowl just merely slipped from donghua's hand straight to yan chiwu :lol:

and his planning to get rid of yan chiwu without getting into trouble is just too cute for me

22 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Apparently, and this is purely speculation by fans (although ‘fans’ evidently include the production team with secret cams, leaked pics, footage and info!) - apparently, Dong Hua will try to train his pet baby fox and increase her cultivation by sending her down to the mortal realm with some tasks to complete, and he will secretly accompany her down there as the Crown Prince.

hmm this storyline almost like adding a new arc for the drama

sending his baby fox to mortal realm, would that mean that that time donghua wont know that his lil fox is actually feng jiu yet

and if that is the case then the synopsis that i find in most site about this drama can be correct as well

aka when sending lil fox top mortal realm the guardian died and the lil fox got lost in mortal realm

hence donghua comes down to mortal realm as well to find her, not realising that feng jiu is that lil fox or maybe mistaking jiheng as the reincarnated fox maybe?

jiheng pretending to be the fox can be use to replace jiheng lying about fixing the sword design that fengjiu did in the book i think

hence they can still use the parts of jiheng inserting himself in gonghua's life, fengjiu giving up on donghua, donghua not realising who is his lil fox and so on

or they would still maintain that jiheng is the daughter of one of his general in the past and he is indebted still and that part will still be included in the drama including the marriage and all

now i seriously getting more curious about this drama and about dongfeng non-fated love story at least for the first two part of the drama

btw i read on wiki (not that reliable source i know -_-')  that the drama will now be 60 eps with 45 mins per ep, is it true?

60 eps seems rather long but i dont mind i will get to see more dongfeng and also two books crammed into 60 eps seems quite apt

hahaha

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i hope that the second life, aka the fanyin valley would include those before they fell into the aranya's dream as well

i quite enjoy watching donghua getting jealous over xiao yan ops i mean warrior xiao yan hahaha

i need to see with my own eyes, how the soup bowl just merely slipped from donghua's hand straight to yan chiwu 

and his planning to get rid of yan chiwu without getting into trouble is just too cute for me

I am confident all of that will be included, but as part of the third life. :) Not sure whether the second life (Aranya and Chen Ye’s story) will be told chronologically (given it’s own few episodes after the first life), or as part of the third life but in a throwback detective/thriller kind of way like in the book, where they both discover what happened in their past life when they are in Aranya’s Dream. In the 10MPB book, the 2 past lives were told in flashbacks and solely in Bai Qian’s POV, but in the Eternal Love drama, the 3 lives occured chronologically one after the other and were mostly in Ye Hua’s POV. It will be interesting to see what they do in the Pillow Book drama, given that it is a hundred times more complicated and convoluted.

50 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

btw i read on wiki (not that reliable source i know -_-')  that the drama will now be 60 eps with 45 mins per ep, is it true?

60 eps seems rather long but i dont mind i will get to see more dongfeng and also two books crammed into 60 eps seems quite apt

hahaha

Eternal Love was 58 eps, so no surprise that Pillow Book will be around the same. :) Chinese epic dramas are all about this length.

• Like 2

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big dissapointment. Sometimes totally  following the book doesn't work out. My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years. But that won't happen.
Now I only hope the cinematography and the actors will be good, and the voice actors will the same too. And hopefully they don't let us wait for too long or probably I will get infected with this virus here too :mrgreen:.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years.

Yes, during and IMMEDIATELY after the 200-year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted leaving Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him. I’m not sure there’s all that much to continue with the storyline besides living together happily ever after - unless they mess with that happily ever after, which is not going to happen because then there’ll be a fan revolt and boycott.

Often the question gets asked: do we think Dong Hua redeemed himself by the end? My opinion is that he did. Because i don’t hold him accountable for any of the hurt that happened to Feng Jiu when he was unaware of her presence, and i also don’t hold him accountable for their weak fate and the unfortunate turn of events before their wedding ceremony. At every opportunity when he found out the truth, he did everything he could to make amends. It’s just that his method is often controversial because he doesn’t discuss with her and he makes all the decisions - but even that i can look past because he is a king who has lived for hundreds of thousands of years and this is his first time in love.

3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big dissapointment.

And hopefully they don't let us wait for too long or probably I will get infected with this virus here too .

LOL! Yes, we are all heavily and thoroughly infected by the DongFeng bug. This is an outlet for our wild imagination. How can you resist if you’ve been bitten hard?!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big disappointment. Sometimes totally  following the book doesn't work out. My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years.

hahaha

i'm sorry

i am that type when i find something i like i latched into it and never let go

dilraba is my new obsession and everything about her is so interesting for me

and i also the type that enjoy things more after i know everything and anticipating everything

the type that would want to see the end before starting something

hence why i am enjoying myself with this drama even if it is not aired yet

and why i am anticipating this drama cause at least i know the basic gist of the drama from the book and hoping that it flows the same

also because the two main otps are my favso double win for me

kekeke

also i adore the idea of what ifs, so of course everything would be what ifs for me

i will try to refrain myself from now on though

have to say just this

i rarely get disappointed in anything, i am more like the type that loves everything and okay with anything

i am very easy to please

lor

so for me there's no way this drama would be a big disappointment for me unless one of them die at the end, or they didnt get together at the end

that would be very heartbreaking (see i am imagining the what ifs again huhuhu sorry)

:tounge_xd:

8 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

I am confident all of that will be included, but as part of the third life. :) Not sure whether the second life (Aranya and Chen Ye’s story) will be told chronologically (given it’s own few episodes after the first life), or as part of the third life but in a throwback detective/thriller kind of way like in the book, where they both discover what happened in their past life when they are in Aranya’s Dream.

first i was confused then as i reread it again, ahh... now i get it and i kinda like the idea of aranya's dream being told as flashback

since that part is quite redundant, retelling it like that making it easier and simpler i think

also it wont take a huge chuck of the eps just to talk about aranya's dream, so most probably fanyin valley lives as owl clam princess would be rather limited as well

i honestly enjoy reading that more than aranya's dream part

• Like 1

Wow..really glad that we all actively  discussed about our beloved couple DongFeng :D

@aryamine just to add on what I remember regarding the "Donghua in the mortal realm"  i am sure @redfoxprincessalready explain perfectly thourough about it.

An excerption from the Pillow book2 page 474

Zhonglin tell Fengjiu "At the time wasn't there's a rumour that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to experience mortal suffering? with Dijun personality why would he have such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's suffering? Taichen Palace only spread such rumour to cover up the fact that Dijun was in the deep sleep!."

@chubby^green^ i agree that most people know or recognize Donghua because of his silver hair, indigo jewel..and an added to that there's also his trademark Purple robe and especially off course his mighty sword "Canghe". I remember the part where

Chen Ye instantly recognize Donghua because  Donghua was purposely drilled his Canghe blade into pavilion column at Chen Ye eye level(eventhough there was certain people did not recognize Donghua (mostly younger generations) but as soon they see Canghe sword they will recognize him instantly).

@redfoxprincess if you have a urges to write..just go ahead :D just like @Sisca_TVXQ said Donghua's POV would be great.

P:S I still consider myself TeamTwilight but now more to TeamDongFeng:wub:

Guys any news when this Drama will be air? how much longer we have to wait?? 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Wotad

No, this will follow the novel, so not following the drama (Dongfeng's story)

Just imagine TMPB without Dong Feng and pretend they just met (at this new drama)

Happy new year everyone :heart: this is the update from Pillow book's weibo, are they trolling us ? :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4323440506803968

Ok that is better just treat this as a basically new drama totally away from the other one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Wotad

No, this will follow the novel, so not following the drama (Dongfeng's story)

Just imagine TMPB without Dong Feng and pretend they just met (at this new drama)

Happy new year everyone :heart: this is the update from Pillow book's weibo, are they trolling us ? :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4323440506803968

U7jrtmW.jpg

They are definitely trolling us. Is that one of FengJiu's tails? Anyway has anyone read Storm and Silence? Idk why but the mcs interactions remind me of pillow book even :blush:though they are not remotely similar 

• Like 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书