[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, Khue N said:

Does anyone have any good recommendation on c-drama similar to ELOD? I watch some many ELOD that I begin to memorize the lines haha. Such an addicting drama! During the quarantine (still am in it). I watch many c-drama like Ashes of Love, the Untamed, Story of Yanxi, rewatch ten miles of peach blossom, Ice fantasy, A love so Beautiful, Meteor Garden, the King's woman, The Flame's daughter, Love Designer, Sweet Dreams, and even love & Destiny. But seriously ELOD I can't get it off my mind! Worth the 2 years wait!

As of now, none yet really, though I liked the couple episodes I've seen of Kdrama The Moon Embracing the Sun. :) There are a few I'm looking forward to when they're shown: Novoland Pearl Eclipse, The Long Ballad, and The Legend of Fei. There are plenty to catch up to, hahaha, like finishing Untamed, Candle in the Tomb. Miss S looks interesting as well. Also, Princess Agents might finally soon get the other half of its story, and give that happy ending.

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH is like that special child here, hahaha. We actually get more facets of his character in Lotus Steps too. I especially like just how close Lian Song and Dong Hua are. 

So far, I’ve only skimmed The prologue and chapter one... and so far no Dong Hua :(

2 hours ago, Megan said:

So far, I’ve only skimmed The prologue and chapter one... and so far no Dong Hua :(

Prologue and Chapter 1 are about Cheng Yu and Lian Song, as are the earlier chapters. Dong Hua is in some chapters about Lian Song. The weirdo and the rascal are really close. ^_^

Almost each of the 24 chapters of Lotus Steps has 2 or 3 sections, and apart from Dong Hua and Xie Guchou, mentioned briefly would be Xiao Yan. There's no FJ in the 24 chapters, mortal arc sojourn of Lian Song and Cheng Yu.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

It looks like you're into wuxia / xianxia dramas (me too!) and have similar taste in the ones that you've watched. I don't know how long you've been watching dramas, but a few of the slightly older ones, if you haven't already seen them, that were very popular and that I find myself going back to are General and I (based on a book that's been fully translated into English!), Princess Weiyoung, and Prince of Lanling. 

Thank you for the recommendation ~ I'll give it a shot! I heard the dramas have really good reviews too :))

• Like 1

I can't wait to read a proper translation of that flashback between ChengYu and ShaoWan in Lotus step. They seemed so close from the little google translation I understood. 

Spoiler

Its kind of poetic that they both died/feathered together. CHENGYU/ZUTI REMEMBER YOUR IDENTITY ALREADY!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As of now, none yet really, though I liked the couple episodes I've seen of Kdrama The Moon Embracing the Sun. :) There are a few I'm looking forward to when they're shown: Novoland Pearl Eclipse, The Long Ballad, and The Legend of Fei. There are plenty to catch up to, hahaha, like finishing Untamed, Candle in the Tomb. Miss S looks interesting as well. Also, Princess Agents might finally soon get the other half of its story, and give that happy ending.

Oh yea, that's a good Kdrama I watches a few years ago! Although I'm not a big fan of Kdrama I do like their historical drama and the modern one as well. I'm also looking forward to those dramas as well.

• Like 1

Lotus steps main characters in the novel will probably be the obvious Liansong, Chengyu, Chengyu's ancient second lead that is mentioned all over, 100% Shaowan and 60% Donghua since they're heavily tied to her Chengyu's past. Probably like 2% of the Dongfeng family will be included in the last parts, most likely briefly mentioned and in Bodhi fate maybe even more. Of course MoYuan since spoilers but hes somewhat involved in Chengyu past. And the rest will be people we have already been introduced to in the first part.

Spoiler

I think I read somewhere Donghua and Chengyu/Zuti are kind of biological siblings but not really. Zuti is supposed to be the complete light/ mother of the mortals and Donghua is the opposite but is as powerful as each other. 

• Like 3

Finished episode 18. So awkward.

i find myself annoyed with the empress. Sure Xiao Jiu’s background is mysterious. But she uncovered a secret plot; saved the emperor and was wrongly accused and imprisoned. Get over it already!

and it is disappointing that Xiao Jiu lied to the emperor. If it was for the love trial, fine, but don’t try to defend your actions about the bracelet.

1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I can't wait to read a proper translation of that flashback between ChengYu and ShaoWan in Lotus step. They seemed so close from the little google translation I understood. 

They're very close. Shao Wan may be brash, but she's the bestie of both Dong Hua and Cheng Yu's past identity. :)

The similarity of both DH and Cheng Yu's original form were from how they were born. DH was described as the Child of Heaven who answered the call for a hero to end the ceaseless wars. As for Cheng Yu, more should be revealed about her in Lotus Steps. Her monster flowers also knew she must go through several cycles of reincarnations.

Cheng Yu is quite a revelation already in the mortal arc. For a young teen, she's outwitted scholars and displayed resilience over her personal tragedies. She's got poise in spades. 

And there are two gods whose eyes she has caught. One was her fated beloved. The other has been a good friend in her ancient past.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

i find myself annoyed with the empress. Sure Xiao Jiu’s background is mysterious. But she uncovered a secret plot; saved the emperor and was wrongly accused and imprisoned. Get over it already!

Filial lineage has plenty of weight during the olden times. FJ may be a heroine, but the Dowager Empress understandably wants someone with established identity of her family for the Emperor. 

This is also a precautionary measure on having an Empress whose loyalty will be to the state.

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

and it is disappointing that Xiao Jiu lied to the emperor. If it was for the love trial, fine, but don’t try to defend your actions about the bracelet.

It's all part of the build up for the coup de grace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Cheng Yu is quite a revelation already in the mortal arc. For a young teen, she's outwitted scholars and displayed resilience over her personal tragedies. She's got poise in spades. 

And there are two gods whose eyes she has caught. One was her fated beloved. The other has been a good friend in her ancient past.

I'm so excited to find out more!!! Sounds like Liansong is gonna have ALOT of competition..the jealousy will be very interesting to read.

I hope we get more updates soon:sad1:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

16 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I'm so excited to find out more!!! Sounds like Liansong is gonna have ALOT of competition..the jealousy will be very interesting to read.

I hope we get more updates soon

Lian Song should whip himself first! LOL! Because honestly, if it was bad that DH was unable to attend his own wedding reception, how will Lian Song make it up with that bride he rejected marrying plus other things he did...once she's again who she was? :phew:

Granted, he has his reasons...but the line of those who want to roast him is getting longer. First in the line is his half-father DH himself, SW if she's up on time. B)

Hoping too as well that there would be updates soon. Unfortunately, COVID happened and has really cramped normal routines. 

:cries:

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

This weekend I'm really going to read the auto-translated Lotus Step.....

I want to know why DH would want to roast LS  :w00t:

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm currently watching the Kdrama "It's okay not to be okay." It's quite good. :) 

Will check out The moon embracing the sun- heard alot about it.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

This weekend I'm really going to read the auto-translated Lotus Step.....

I want to know why DH would want to roast LS  :w00t:

I'm currently watching the Kdrama "It's okay not to be okay." It's quite good. :) 

Will check out The moon embracing the sun- heard alot about it.

Keep the tissue box nearby when you're around halfway through! :lol:

I heard "It's Okay to Not be Okay" is good. But I'd really like to finish The moon Embracing the Sun, coz I've always been partial reading/watching palace intrigues and politicking. :lol: Only I'm not getting the time to just sit and watch recently. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Keep the tissue box nearby when you're around halfway through! :lol:

I heard "It's Okay to Not be Okay" is good. But I'd really like to finish The moon Embracing the Sun, coz I've always been partial reading/watching palace intrigues and politicking. :lol: Only I'm not getting the time to just sit and watch recently. Sigh.

That bad?! I hope I'll make it half way through with auto-translate without slamming my head against a wall though... :lol:

Hmm I'm usually not one for palace intrigues and politics, though I enjoyed "Empresses in the palace." As long as it has more then just that.

Keep IKNTBO on your to watch list.. it's really well worth it. ;) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

That bad?! I hope I'll make it half way through with auto-translate without slamming my head against a wall though... :lol:

Hmm I'm usually not one for palace intrigues and politics, though I enjoyed "Empresses in the palace." As long as it has more then just that.

Keep IKNTBO on your to watch list.. it's really well worth it. ;) 

If what Google translate coughs up is so bad, try with MS translate. Sometimes it gives a better translation, though both can give hilarious results. :D

Uhm yeah, some parts are that bad. Coz Cheng Yu in the mortal arc is only 16, but has been dealt with a lot of loss and emotional turmoils, the lot of it unfair.

I find it fascinating that intrigues and politicking are often due to the desire of more power than one what has. How low and how far to go to be at the top of the food chain and remain there. :)

I'll keep in mind to watch IKNTBO. That plus CLOY among others, hahahaha!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If what Google translate coughs up is so bad, try with MS translate. Sometimes it gives a better translation, though both can give hilarious results. :D

Uhm yeah, some parts are that bad. Coz Cheng Yu in the mortal arc is only 16, but has been dealt with a lot of loss and emotional turmoils, the lot of it unfair.

I find it fascinating that intrigues and politicking are often due to the desire of more power than one what has. How low and how far to go to be at the top of the food chain and remain there. :)

That's a great idea! I'll use both MS en Google. Thanks!

That's what easily bores me in political themed dramas, it becomes predictable.

Then again, I have seen one or two that were really good, so I always try to keep an open mind with dramas and ignore reviews as much as possible. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

That's a great idea! I'll use both MS en Google. Thanks!

That's what easily bores me in political themed dramas, it becomes predictable.

Then again, I have seen one or two that were really good, so I always try to keep an open mind with dramas and ignore reviews as much as possible. 

Go ahead is a good drama too. No political theme. Drama and romance. Also make sure you have tissues ready if you want to give it a try.

22 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I tried Google translation. I was unable to pass the forth chapter. My brain couldn't interpret what it was trying to say. I may give MS translate a try.

Cheng Yu sound like she had a rough mortal life. I wonder if the book is finished yet? 

On 9/9/2020 at 3:23 AM, Megan said:

Empress played her role well.  I think the way she think and behaved was understandable. 

Xiao Jiu may be kind, but her background is unknown. That means she can potentially be sent to harm SXR. It would be weird if the Empress didn't care.

Ironically, Xiao Jiu is there to cause SXR emotional turmoil.  So the Empress's suspicion wasn't too far off.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Cheng Yu sound like she had a rough mortal life. I wonder if the boom is finished yet?

19 hours ago, Megan said:

Cheng Yu is a royal princess who was orphaned very young. She's not poor per se, but almost always about to lose her life over something.