Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Currently reading ELOD fic. Got to admire the quiet-loving Dong Hua. He actually proposed 200 days of celebration to make it up to Feng Jiu and see her try on the wedding gowns he made for her.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Although I am curious about why his ideal of Feng Jiu doesn’t drink wine and is a vegetarian. It’s not like Meng Shao hasn’t tasted wine before.

I think Meng Shao is very innocent and idealistic. I doubt he had much experience with the opposite sex. His expectations are probably based on what a good woman should be in his culture; a lady who is gentle,  have no vice and is a vegetarian. 

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently reading ELOD fic. Got to admire the quiet-loving Dong Hua. He actually proposed 200 days of celebration to make it up to Feng Jiu and see her try on the wedding gowns he made for her.

oh  any good fanfiction? I have read some, but sadly the really good ones are incomplete. 

• LOL 1

Reading Faithful heart; rain of steel and fire on AO3.

i know what you mean. I write mini ELOD fics on my blog but am currently taking a hiatus while I write other fics.

my fav fic on Wattpad is Against Fate but the author hasn’t posted for a long while. My fav on fanfiction is the fox princess but it too is discontinued.

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

oh  any good fanfiction? I have read some, but sadly the really good ones are incomplete. 

Can you imagine what life must be like for Dong Hua now when his family turn into foxes? Imagine the irresistibly adorable red fox FJ playing with her cute silver fox cubs, all of them with fluffy tails. That’s a lot of cute and floof to witness.

so much for preferring mighty furry animals.

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

33 minutes ago, Megan said:

Reading Faithful heart; rain of steel and fire on AO3.

i know what you mean. I write mini ELOD fics on my blog but am currently taking a hiatus while I write other fics.

my fav fic on Wattpad is Against Fate but the author hasn’t posted for a long while. My fav on fanfiction is the fox princess but it too is discontinued.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check it out.

I am rewatching ELOD. Currently at episode 48. No matter how many times I watch this SY and AY's story always get me all teary.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Megan said:

Can you imagine what life must be like for Dong Hua now when his family turn into foxes? Imagine the irresistibly adorable red fox FJ playing with her cute silver fox cubs, all of them with fluffy tails. That’s a lot of cute and floof to witness.

so much for preferring mighty furry animals.

Fierce, furry mammals are good as riding animals. As for what type he'll adore, it has always been the red fox that caught his eye. ^_^ DH has remembered her as that fox he saved in Mt Qinyao, even if her tails were combined as one that time. (PB1, p200)

His wife and their silver haired children will always bask in DH's soft, loving gaze whenever they turn into their nine-tailed fox forms. 

38 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I am rewatching ELOD. Currently at episode 48. No matter how many times I watch this SY and AY's story always get me all teary

Still sad for them, a fated couple, yet denied of any chances to be together in their lifetime. Even if that was how DH and FJ finally had that fate, it doesn't make the story of SY and AY any less tragic.

I was seeing EP 33-34 earlier. The more I looked, the more I can say that the FJ role will really not suit her if she insisted to play it instead of Reba. That part when she's shaking her head when FJ was displaying good sword skills against XY? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check it out.

I am rewatching ELOD. Currently at episode 48. No matter how many times I watch this SY and AY's story always get me all teary.

I am watching Hot Girl Starring Reba before I watch the whole season of ELOD for the first time! It sucks that I waited this long but I wanted official, reliable English subtitles and the internet couldn’t give me that for every episode. ELOD may not be aired in Singapore yet, but I still managed to get the CDs.

18 minutes ago, Megan said:

I am watching Hot Girl Starring Reba before I watch the whole season of ELOD for the first time! It sucks that I waited this long but I wanted official, reliable English subtitles and the internet couldn’t give me that for every episode. ELOD may not be aired in Singapore yet, but I still managed to get the CDs.

Do you have access to Viki? 

I think thye have the best translation. 

• Like 1

@Megan Do share pictures of your wu you gao with us ya :love:  and @Khue N too if you happen to make them again.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Megan said:

How was the CD and the subtitles? 

11 minutes ago, chsaf said:

@Megan Do share pictures of your wu you gao with us ya :love:  and @Khue N too if you happen to make them again.

Will do. I’m planning to make the purple ones next week around National Day, and then the mortal version around mid autumn. I’m really hoping I can turn the potato mix pink with food colouring.

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

How was the CD and the subtitles? 

I checked and they work. Which is good. But I’m waiting till I finish Hot Girl before watching. The subtitles could be smaller but that’s fine.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I checked and they work. Which is good. But I’m waiting till I finish Hot Girl before watching. The subtitles could be smaller but that’s fine.

I'm being hopeful their CD/DVD reaches where I am, as there's sizeable Chinese community here too. Flying out to SG or MY isn't yet viable for now.

I still wish that Tencent would release the director's cut after sometime. Given that much viewership of ELOD in the 2020 first half, they should capitalise on that somehow. ^_^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm being hopeful their CD/DVD reaches where I am, as there's sizeable Chinese community here too. Flying out to SG or MY isn't yet viable for now.

I still wish that Tencent would release the director's cut after sometime. Given that much viewership of ELOD in the 2020 first half, they should capitalise on that somehow. ^_^

Funny how viki didn't fight to get the director's cut, like when they did for Goodbye My Princess. Wish we could see all the sweet couple and family scenes that we've been robbed of.:elated:

But if there's more JH scenes then by all means let those stay hidden forever!

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

But if there's more JH scenes then by all means let those stay hidden forever!

There's more than enough already, even where she shouldn't be. Mortal realm, and that out of the blue HEA? <_< (there should be rolling eyes emoticon)

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

Wish we could see all the sweet couple and family scenes that we've been robbed of.

Like what happened before the blanket? Hahahaha! Though there are rumours those scenes were really shot, somebody from post production editing team should confirm it. :lol: 

The boat scene though should never have been cut and should have always been part of the finale. Not reduced to an afterthought bonus scene. We know which scene shouldn't be there at all in the last episode. It still feels like a very unwelcome, nasty, very out of place intrusion no matter how many times I've already seen it.

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, Megan said:

In 2 weeks I will attempt to make sorrowless pastry. Then in another 2 weeks, by mid autumn festival, I will try to turn the purple potatoes pink using food colouring....in an effort to imitate the mortal sorrowless pastry. Wish me luck.

there is a version that is pink in yellow as the mortal version of the pastry in the links i attached earlier...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

there is a version that is pink in yellow as the mortal version of the pastry in the links i attached earlier...

I saw. But if I remember correctly, for some reason I don’t have one of the equipment needed to make it or something. Was it a cooker or a blender? Can’t remember....

oh btw. There is apparently a recipe for chestnut cakes. The ones FJ made for GG.

https://youtu.be/f0QAGo1nvPk

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

I saw. But if I remember correctly, for some reason I don’t have one of the equipment needed to make it or something. Was it a cooker or a blender? Can’t remember....

oh btw. There is apparently a recipe for chestnut cakes. The ones FJ made for GG.

https://youtu.be/f0QAGo1nvPk

In the video it use a rice cooker to cook the mungbeans and then a blender to blend it.
you can always use a regular pot and stove to cook it then use a mess to press the mungbean through instead of using a blender

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Also effortlessly nails a fly. :lol: Total opposite of Meng Shao's dream girl. 

It sounds like Meng Shao's dream girl is too good to be true and probably boring :lol: Our Fengjiu is full of character. :blush:.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

17 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

It sounds like Meng Shao's dream girl is too good to be true and probably boring :lol: Our Fengjiu is full of character. :blush:.

To be fair, Meng Shao was young and wasn't really able to travel far and wide as Biyiniao males were forbidden to leave . Even if gossips reach Fanyin Valley, and pretty sure it includes the infamous exploits of FJ, he might have chosen to ignore those. ^_^

I wish that in the drama, they had really shown how FJ and Meng Shao first met as in the book - FJ in the palanquin, on the way to the palace of Cang'yi. What a hoot it would have been, the red fox manages to conquer another man's heart while she's about to be married. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Rickroll'D 1