Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

On 7/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, MayanEcho said:

 

@chsaf Sweetheart, you're the one who shared the recipe before :lol: @pawla This recipe has the ingredients. If you make it, please give the review if it's really that nice to make LS dreamy. :D

 

Copy pasted auto-translated text + a bit of editing/removal of emoticons:

 

It's really sweet to finally finish the book of the Three Life and Three Pillows!


In addition to the love of Feng Jiu and Emperor Gao Diguang of Dili Reba, the love is sweet! I was also greedy for #三生三世无忧糕# in the drama.

 

You only need 5 simple ingredients and you can get it in 5 simple steps!
And super healthy and low fat! Don’t worry about eating for a weight-loss party:

 

Ingredients needed: 400 grams of yam, 200 grams of purple sweet potato, 60 grams of glutinous rice flour, 2 tablespoons of condensed milk, appropriate amount of sugar

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7g1fbv2j31m112p4fn.jpg

 

Procedure:
1 .Yam and purple potato are steamed with the skin and then peeled. Add to each a spoonful of condensed milk and then mash. After mashing, make small balls with the purple potato mixture.

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7g30zs9j30ku15odt1.jpg


2. Put the glutinous rice flour into a water-free and oil-free pot. Stir-fry until slightly yellow.

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7g3k9q7j30ku15oqdn.jpg

 

3. Add and mix the glutinous rice flour to the yam mixture, then make small patties. Wrap the patties into the purple potato balls. [Remember not to seal it completely, some purple potato is exposed].

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7g4j2kvj30ku15oqea.jpg

 

4. Press the balls to the mold for the desired shape.

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7g536hkj30ku15oamc.jpg


5. Steam for 2 minutes with hot water for better taste.[It doesn’t matter if you don’t steam it, it depends on your preference ]

 

00761Kyyly1gdd7gci6gfj31900u04c2.jpg

 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4488587057578161

I plan on making these for mid autumn festival. Tmr I make snowskin Oreo mooncakes as a prep.

to save money, can we use icing sugar for sorrowless cake?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    3290

  • Ninky

    1727

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Megan

    1124

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

3 hours ago, Megan said:

I plan on making these for mid autumn festival. Tmr I make snowskin Oreo mooncakes as a prep.

to save money, can we use icing sugar for sorrowless cake?

Oooh I tried making this recipe from the show when I was extremely addicted to it. Still am. The recipe is actually pretty good. No wonder DH loves Feng Jiu's pastries so much 

  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Oooh I tried making this recipe from the show when I was extremely addicted to it. Still am. The recipe is actually pretty good. No wonder DH loves Feng Jiu's pastries so much 

But can I use icing sugar for it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Megan said:

But can I use icing sugar for it?

I haven't tried it with icing sugar yet since I made this in quarantine and we didn't have icing sugar on hand. As for condense milk is the thing that held the yam and purple potato together. If you happen not to have sweeten condense milk on hand, you can replace it with coconut milk, cashew milk, or even almond milk. As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky. I'm no baker so I apologize if I can't really help you. But these are some things I learn when I bake with trial and errors. :(

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Khue N said:

As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky

Thanks for the tip! :) But do you think the cakes should be fluffy or chunky?

to be honest I’m skeptical about the taste of the cakes despite the rave reviews. It sounds like the recipe is making potato cakes. Can you tell me what the cakes taste like plz?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Thanks for the tip! :) But do you think the cakes should be fluffy or chunky?

to be honest I’m skeptical about the taste of the cakes despite the rave reviews. It sounds like the recipe is making potato cakes. Can you tell me what the cakes taste like plz?

Have you ever have the sweet beans mooncake? Or the sweet potato moon cake before? It should taste very familiar to it. But if it doesn't work out, you can also make mochi using the filling such as (Taro, sweet purple potato, beans or even yams) and a mold. Put it in the fridge once you're done making it and the color should look like the one from ELOD. Side effect of making mochi is that when making white mochi sometimes, the filling color would show sometimes on the outside.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Before SY, DH also had thoughts of offing another perceived rival - FJ's good buddy XY. It's fortunate that DH has fallen for someone only once, and that is with FJ, who's always loved only him as well.

 

Come to think of it, whenever DH lost FJ...he went to demon realm to search and ask XY of his baby fox, as SXR in the adaptation he died of depression after XJ left, as SY he took with him the seasons Aranya loved. As DH he planned an extravagant 200 days reception and 200 wedding fineries for FJ during their 200 years separation.

 DongFeng have the sweetest love story. No actual emotional triangle. If fate was not against them, I wonder if DH would have married FJ during the time she was a maid, or waited until she was older?

 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

I plan on making these for mid autumn festival. Tmr I make snowskin Oreo mooncakes as a prep.

to save money, can we use icing sugar for sorrowless cake?

 Good luck! Let us know how it goes. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

If fate was not against them, I wonder if DH would have married FJ during the time she was a maid, or waited until she was older?

 

DH remembers her as that maid that cooked well, when he brought baby fox FJ with him. She would have been tasked to take care of the fox's needs, if she wasn't that fox herself.

 

Maybe in time if DH was able to get to know her as the pet sitter for his fox, there might have been some progress, but IMO it's doubtful that anything romantic would have blossomed. They could have become friends at most. DH is that sort that even if he started having feelings for her, most likely he will not act on it as FJ was not only very young, but also too juvenile for him to retain his attraction.

 

Though FJ was quite sensible, she was still really more like a giggly teenager when she was in Tai Chen palace - she would certainly not be in DH's radar as his empress to be. Add to that the complications of Zhi He who bullies whoever she thinks can turn DH's head, and Ji Heng the (fake) fiancée.

 

As Si Ming said, FJ has grown up from the hardships she experienced and death of a friend while in the mortal realm. After DH finally met her as Bai Feng Jiu, it's her selfless act to save Migu and the dancers, and her very matured outlook (on being there for her subjects during times they need her) that kept him thinking of her...

 

And seek her out. And made him do things, the audacity of the lot of it, dazing even the  Jiuchongtian playboy rascal Lian Song. :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

DH remembers her as that maid that cooked well, when he brought baby fox FJ with him. She would have been tasked to take care of the fox's needs, if she wasn't that fox herself.

 

Maybe in time if DH was able to get to know her as the pet sitter for his fox, there might have been some progress, but IMO it's doubtful that anything romantic would have blossomed. They could have become friends at most. DH is that sort that even if he started having feelings for her, most likely he will not act on it as FJ was not only very young, but also too juvenile for him to retain his attraction.

 

Though FJ was quite sensible, she was still really more like a giggly teenager when she was in Tai Chen palace - she would certainly not be in DH's radar as his empress to be. Add to that the complications of Zhi He who bullies whoever she thinks can turn DH's head, and Ji Heng the (fake) fiancée.

 

As Si Ming said, FJ has grown up from the hardships she experienced and death of a friend while in the mortal realm. After DH finally met her as Bai Feng Jiu, it's her selfless act to save Migu and the dancers, and her very matured outlook (on being there for her subjects during times they need her) that kept him thinking of her...

 

And seek her out. And made him do things, the audacity of the lot of it, dazing even the  Jiuchongtian playboy rascal Lian Song. :lol:

 

True. She behaved like a teenager while she was in Tai Chen Palace.

 

I suddenly remembered at Fan Lin Valley, FJ confronted DH for deceiving her with the fake handkerchief. DH smiled as FJ walked away. He seemed to fell more in love with FJ  after seeing her sassy side.

 

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

ELOD (56 episodes) will be aired in Japan from 01 Sep via WOWOW network for on-demand screening, and 06 Sep for the free broadcasting at 9:45am. 

Congratulations!:glee:

 

https://www.wowow.co.jp/detail/171284?utm_source=twitter_drama_kaigai&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=200731_twkd_rel_0212&utm_content=relsns

 ELOD deserves more love!

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

 

I suddenly remembered at Fan Lin Valley, FJ confronted DH for deceiving her with the fake handkerchief. DH smiled as FJ walked away. He seemed to fell more in love with FJ  after seeing her sassy side.

 

Si Ming afterwards then informs dumbstruck Lian Song that Dong Hua likes mammals and Feng Jiu is irresistible in her nine-tailed fox form. (Ep29 ELOD / PB1, p199)

 

Bai Zhen easily forgives her naughtiness even after 3 day diarrhea upon seeing his niece in her fox form, ergo DH is charmed despite her sassiness as he sees FJ in her nine-tailed glory. :lol:

  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Si Ming afterwards then informs dumbstruck Lian Song that Dong Hua likes mammals and Feng Jiu is irresistible in her nine-tailed fox form. (Ep29 ELOD / PB1, p199)

 

Bai Zhen easily forgives her naughtiness even after 3 day diarrhea upon seeing his niece in her fox form, ergo DH is charmed despite her sassiness as he sees FJ in her nine-tailed glory. :lol:

FJ's fox from plus her coquettish is a KO combo! 

 

Look at that cute fox! Who xan resist that face. Even XY, when he couldn't help and pat her fox form.

I wish the included that scene. That would have been funny to see. I also wanted to watch DH ditching his wedding, to find baby fox. Oh well, can't ask for everything!

  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Look at that cute fox! Who xan resist that face. Even XY, when he couldn't help and pat her fox form.

I wish the included that scene. That would have been funny to see. I also wanted to watch DH ditching his wedding, to find baby fox. Oh well, can't ask for everything!

 

Oh yeah, that part XY tried to cuddle sleeping fox FJ and DH burns his hands then puts a forcefield over her to prevent XY getting near. :lol:

 

The wedding was a bit changed in the show. It would have been hilarious if it was like in the book.

 

One more I'd have liked to see was DH going to demon realm confronting XY of snatching his baby fox, to XY's outrage. LOL.

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Khue N said:

I haven't tried it with icing sugar yet since I made this in quarantine and we didn't have icing sugar on hand. As for condense milk is the thing that held the yam and purple potato together. If you happen not to have sweeten condense milk on hand, you can replace it with coconut milk, cashew milk, or even almond milk. As for baking, always bake with icing sugar in my opinion. It adds a fluffier with a firm taste and doesn't make the pastries/cookies chunky. I'm no baker so I apologize if I can't really help you. But these are some things I learn when I bake with trial and errors. :(

Oh btw...how much sugar did you use? Can give me a measurement plz? Which step do we add it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Megan said:

I can imagine GG being as cute and irresistible as FJ but for some reason, his Fox cuteness still won’t let him sleep with mummy. 

DH may be the only immune to GG's cuteness. Especially when DH only have his eyes on his gorgeous 9 tailed red fox.

  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Dong Hua has to go into seclusion every few months for like 1000 years, who wants to bet he’s going to ignore and burn letters again so his time with Feng Jiu and GG doesn’t get interrupted?

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Megan said:

Now that Dong Hua has to go into seclusion every few months for like 1000 years, who wants to bet he’s going to ignore and burn letters again so his time with Feng Jiu and GG doesn’t get interrupted?

 

Probably depends on the sender and what's the contents.:lol: It seems letter burning is the norm to him, a carry over from his days leading the battlefront. He reads the letter first anyway before he decides whether to ignore or act upon what was written to him.

 

Also, I don't think he'll ignore letters from immediate family members, ZL, MY, Buddha, or SW.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Megan said:

Oh btw...how much sugar did you use? Can give me a measurement plz? Which step do we add it?

Sorry for the late response. After I made the filling and the texture is smooth and sticky. I added about 70 grams of sugar into the filling. When adding the sugar slowly adding it to the filling and stir it. When stiring it, fold the filling over each other. If you feel like you need to add more (sugar), you can. I find it's best to make the filling under low heat.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..