[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

1 minute ago, ChibiLy said:

It seems like many people felt the same...

ELOD topped many social media categories

:hooray2:

Congrats ELoD. And of course we can understand why they are topping. I would be surprised if they weren't.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
17 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ELOD topped many social media categories

Most loved watching it so much. :blush:

16 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Congrats ELoD. And of course we can understand why they are topping. I would be surprised if they weren't.

And who won't look forward seeing DH and his charming son meet. :love: BGG is little DH through and through.

• Like 3

This idea came out of nowhere but I really wanna see Zhiyue and Zhihe face off. Honestly Zhihe holds more sway in Taichen but Zhiyue won’t be chased away by Dong Hua apparently.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Megan said:

This idea came out of nowhere but I really wanna see Zhiyue and Zhihe face off. Honestly Zhihe holds more sway in Taichen but Zhiyue won’t be chased away by Dong Hua apparently.

Zhi He would likely lose - no sword skills, remember? :lol: While Zhiyue whether used as a bluff by FJ to fend off the suitors, might be able to fight...FJ said their duel's just slicing off a limb or two. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Zhi He would likely lose - no sword skills, remember? :lol: While Zhiyue whether used as a bluff by FJ to fend off the suitors, might be able to fight...FJ said their duel's just slicing off a limb or two. LOL

Sadly, the only skill Zhi He seem to excel at is bullying!

• Wiggle 1
10 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Oh true. I totally forgotten about that she is a water goddess!

She has the powers innate to her being a water goddess. But no other practical skills that she excels, likely due to throngs of servants doing the work for her, and depending on DH to always take care of her.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

She has the powers innate to her being a water goddess. But no other practical skills that she excels, likely due to throngs of servants doing the work for her, and depending on DH to always take care of her.

She lived a luxury life!

I was reading on Reddit, how some viewers didn’t like it when the ML tell the FL "Don't worry, I am here" and how it is such a common thing for ML in Chinese drama to say.

I realised DH said that to FJ a few times. After thinking it through, I think it is a loaded comment. Especially for DH, who do not like others to depend on him, he is basically declaring to FJ, he want to look after her and she can depend on him.

Haha, also DH is obviously confident enough to believe he can sort everything out for FJ.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

She lived a luxury life!

I was reading on Reddit, how some viewers didn’t like it when the ML tell the FL "Don't worry, I am here" and how it is such a common thing for ML in Chinese drama to say.

I realised DH said that to FJ a few times. After thinking it through, I think it is a loaded comment. Especially for DH, who do not like others to depend on him, he is basically declaring to FJ, he want to look after her and she can depend on him.

Haha, also DH is obviously confident enough to believe he can sort everything out for FJ.

Dong Hua is full of confidence. I don’t know whether he is shameless because of that confidence or confident because he is shameless...

Btw, in the book, when Feng Jiu tells SY she likes him and they realize Xize is present and currently walking away. Feng Jiu offers to call Xize over and he shudders.

what do you think was going through Dong Hua’s mind at that time of shuddering?

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua is full of confidence. I don’t know whether he is shameless because of that confidence or confident because he is shameless...

Btw, in the book, when Feng Jiu tells SY she likes him and they realize Xize is present and currently walking away. Feng Jiu offers to call Xize over and he shudders.

what do you think was going through Dong Hua’s mind at that time of shuddering?

In all fairness, DH has the skills to back up his confidence! The fact that he didn’t care for what other thinks of him, also helps his shamelessness.

His self confidence took a knock though, when he thought FJ liked SY.

Hmm, I wonder if DH shuddered because he was losing control over his emotions? I am guessing at that moment, DH's mind went blank for a while. He never had problem solving any issues he encountered. But to see FJ and SY together, his heart must had broke and he wasn't able to solve the issue swiftly like he normal could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

In all fairness, DH has the skills to back up his confidence! The fact that he didn’t care for what other thinks of him, also helps his shamelessness.

His self confidence took a knock though, when he thought FJ liked SY.

Hmm, I wonder if DH shuddered because he was losing control over his emotions? I am guessing at that moment, DH's mind went blank for a while. He never had problem solving any issues he encountered. But to see FJ and SY together, his heart must had broke and he wasn't able to solve the issue swiftly like he normal could.

I can’t imagine what he was feeling beyond the obvious jealousy.

when he shuddered, was it because he couldn’t bear the idea of being close to the couple nearby? Was it over losing control? Or was he suppressing rage at the idea of being called?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

She lived a luxury life!

Hmm, I do not know why others don't like it. I've often thought that when a person says "I'm here," it is a request for trusting them, and declaration of assurance that he'll be there every step of the way. 

For DH to tell that means he's so into her, he will be there whenever she needs support, and it's also another way of saying I love you to her because he's committed himself to be by her side.

He came to know that she's been hurt one too many times and it's often related to him. It might also be pride - it's unacceptable for him anymore that the only one who's sincerely and quietly loved him was getting hurt either for him or by his own doing.

As for confidence, ahahaha, he would have that in spades. He's DHDJ after all.

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

He was insanely jealous, and the rigid back and hurried steps would be to control himself. As Xi Ze, that's his wife in the arms of his former protégé Shen Ye (Ep46 ELOD / Holding hands in PB2, p257). He had all the rights to be angry, but chose to leave them be.

Fast forward to the tub scene, and he admits wanting to kill SY. He however stopped himself from doing so because as he told FJ, just because she had cause him pain, what kind of a man he is to want to hurt her back? ( Ep46 ELOD / PB2, 266)

All this from the deity who used to decide who gets to live and who would die while he was the ruler of all realms. 

DH's confidence got a beating, but the good thing afterwards, is FJ telling him how much she really feels for him. Without asking her. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Oops! I made a mistake. It wasn’t a shudder! I found the quote.

“Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.“

still, shudder was close enough. You can sense Dong Hua’s rage but towards whom? His pause was after Feng Jiu’s comment.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, Megan said:

I can’t imagine what he was feeling beyond the obvious jealousy.

when he shuddered, was it because he couldn’t bear the idea of being close to the couple nearby? Was it over losing control? Or was he suppressing rage at the idea of being called?

He was also murderous, and he admitted that too. As Xi Ze, and husband to Aranya(FJ), seeing his wife and Shen Ye that way; then hearing from FJ  telling SY that he (Xi Ze) and her are only friends and nothing else , made it worse (PB2, p257). 

The only reason DH did not kill Shen Ye right there and then is because he thought that doing so would sadden and upset FJ. (PB2, 266)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
14 hours ago, Megan said:

Oops! I made a mistake. It wasn’t a shudder! I found the quote.

“Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.“

still, shudder was close enough. You can sense Dong Hua’s rage but towards whom? His pause was after Feng Jiu’s comment.

Prior to the SY incident, DH knew FJ loved him in the past and that she backed away because he had unwittingly hurt her deeply. So at that point DH was not 100% sure FJ is still in love with him.

When DH saw FJ and SY together. I think his insecurities surfaced, in that spilt second he was enraged, due to his fear of losing FJ and he was losing control. DH disappeared quickly or else he would hurt SY.

So DH's rage from surface, may seem to be directed at SY. But I think deep down it was triggered from his insecurity and thought of losing FJ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

But I think deep down it was triggered from his insecurity and thought of losing FJ. 

Before SY, DH also had thoughts of offing another perceived rival - FJ's good buddy XY. It's fortunate that DH has fallen for someone only once, and that is with FJ, who's always loved only him as well.

Come to think of it, whenever DH lost FJ...he went to demon realm to search and ask XY of his baby fox, as SXR in the adaptation he died of depression after XJ left, as SY he took with him the seasons Aranya loved. As DH he planned an extravagant 200 days reception and 200 wedding fineries for FJ during their 200 years separation.

• Like 3