[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Yori TenAgreed. It's okay if you don't like it but as you said the critics need to be objective in the review. They said boring storyline but can't argue what was boring. I read someone said she doesn't like because she wanted her fav actor to be Donghua. Too bad for you, we got the perfect Donghua Dijun and we love him. So, Bye Felicia. Some are just being haters. I don't give them my time.

So that person reviewed something he didn't even watch. No comment.

wrfdL3d.jpg%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

The negative reviews I have read are all about how they like the TMOPB storyline or how it doesn't follow it. I usually send them the link to the novel and enlighten them. Converted a few. At least on Viki :joy:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Even at last episodes, I still see some harping on it. Despite seeing comments it's the actual real story of DH and FJ. I don't bother replying because the one time I did, I only got exasperated by the repetitive insisting that "it should be like TMOPB". Gah, I've no patience with such.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

@vivi0303 @MayanEcho @LovelyLady

Absolutely! One can't activate battlemode when there is nothing of substance to start with. Sure, ELoD is not everyone's cup of tea and I accept that. Just like I can't watch gore or read smut. But I don't go around leaving bad reviews and giving out low scores. Yeah, what can we do right? I will just have to love ELoD even more then. :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

On 2/21/2020 at 10:56 PM, memine said:

With or without Miao Luo's influence, me still dont like jiheng. When she confronts FJ in ep34 uh... my claws are out!!! And when she weeps about DH entering aranya dream for FJ... :crazy: what did xiaoyan see in her. 

tenor.gif

We're in this together darl.. 

Donghua finally knows the truth about FJ... 

Yeah, the part where Jiheng tried to persuade Xiao Yan to pull Dijun out. Yeah that was very despicable.

jealousy I can understand.

but FJ’s life was in danger and it was partially her fault. But Jiheng doesn’t care that another’s life is in danger. She just wants Dong Hua to herself.

she is willing for Xiao Yan to hurt himself to save Dijun but doesn’t dare go into the cage herself. Here we see another difference between Feng Jiu and JH. Feng Jiu will always risk her life to save Dong Hua. Jiheng does not. 

One thing that I find interesting is how she promises Xiao Yan anything if he saves Dong Hua. That promise can actually include never seeing Dong Hua again or marrying Xiao Yan, but maybe Jiheng was planning on Dong Hua backing her up or guilt tripping Xiao Yan into not using that promise.

in any case, kudos to Xiao Yan for refusing.

• Like 7
  • Unamused 2

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

And also, in the script, after DH said to GG that he is the only one that can hug his mother, FJ later did say to BGG that Father was only joking and GG shouldn't take his words to heart. Why did they cut this scene? This really shows that FJ holds the power!

Now it makes sense to me why BGG doesn't look happy when DH pulled him onto his lap. I thought he should be happy now he has a father. So they even cut the boat scene :angry:

Well, that was lame but the following really takes the cake.

The reviewer gave ELoD a really low score because she can't accept an old man romancing a teenager and it disgusted her. Well girl, if you haven't been reading Xianxia, then your modern interpretation of romance in the Xianxia world is absolutely disgusting in itself.

I bet the reviewer doesn't feel the same about the twilight saga. Probably thinks Edward Cullen is one hot dude :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Haha..I can already imagine the family dynamics.

BGG : Mother said I could go. I have already gotten her permission.

DH : GG, I am your father. You have to listen to me.

BGG : But father, you too have to listen to mother. If that is so, wouldn't it be correct to say that mother's words are the only word I should listen to?

DH : "...."

And also, in the script, after DH said to GG that he is the only one that can hug his mother, FJ later did say to BGG that Father was only joking and GG shouldn't take his words to heart. Why did they cut this scene? This really shows that FJ holds the power!

Why did they take this scene away from us??????

*inner hulk unleashed* :rage:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

Yeah, the part where Jiheng tried to persuade Xiao Yan to pull Dijun out. Yeah that was very despicable.

jealousy I can understand.

but FJ’s life was in danger and it was partially her fault. But Jiheng doesn’t care that another’s life is in danger. She just wants Dong Hua to herself.

she is willing for Xiao Yan to hurt himself to save Dijun but doesn’t dare go into the cage herself. Here we see another difference between Feng Jiu and JH. Feng Jiu will always risk her life to save Dong Hua. Jiheng does not. 

One thing that I find interesting is how she promises Xiao Yan anything if he saves Dong Hua. That promise can actually include never seeing Dong Hua again or marrying Xiao Yan, but maybe Jiheng was planning on Dong Hua backing her up or guilt tripping Xiao Yan into not using that promise.

in any case, kudos to Xiao Yan for refusing.

The worst to me was when she tried to force dijun divorce fengjiu and never marry again I was like: girl.... get out of here!!!!!!!

Jiheng isn't a redeemable character not even with the extensive  plotline they tried to give her in the drama at the beginning I thought they were gonna writte her with more complexity but in falling Valle I was like no, she is here same crap as she is in the book and that finale make it worst! Is not like I was rooting for her to get a better development but if the writers goal in given her more screen tieme was to make her look as not that bad, they made an epic fail!!! Yan chiwu got it better,  to me in the book he is always a clown but in the drama he is awesome 

• Like 6
  • Unamused 3

46 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Even at last episodes, I still see some harping on it. Despite seeing comments it's the actual real story of DH and FJ. I don't bother replying because the one time I did, I only got exasperated by the repetitive insisting that "it should be like TMOPB". Gah, I've no patience with such.

I am a lawyer, it's in my nature and job description to argue/communicate. Also a children's right activist, so I am used to speaking to humans with a generally lower understanding of life. Usually, they are cutie pies who are around (4-16 years of age).

I have never had to argue with imbeciles/adults who have an IQ of a pubescent petulant child before though :joy:  which I wholeheartedly believe these negative fans to be. They seem more like "anti-fans" on an agenda, than actual viewers leaving an honest review.

This drama was recommended by my mother who also made me read the book. She opened a can of worms into chinese extreme fandom culture to me. I am still fascinated by the level of idle-ness these people must have.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

@Yori Ten I love the books, and I have already read it at least 5times 3months after reading it first. Reading it simultaneously while watching the series. As for ELOD, I already saw it twice, on the way to the third time because I'm watching in which scene was a particular BGM used.

TBH, I've only watched a handful of dramas as I'm more interested watching cartoons or animes. Same with movies, I'd watch HP or LOTR, or Disney's, those sort. I'd made exceptions to Nicholas Sparks novels made into movies like A Walk to Remember. 

I prefer reading, though I won't touch some genres like horror and gore. In two hrs I can finish a novel.

When I was small, there were Chinese dramas getting aired early mornings on weekends. For some reason, I would watch those even if there aren't subtitles. The clothes, the hair, the make-up, the "flying", hahaha...It fascinated the little me.:)

Fast forward to December 2019 when a cdrama clip with nice BGM grabbed my attention enough to watch it, and made me decide to watch the series. Read also the novel it's based on. Same happened with TMOPB. It's the "Sea of Innocence" BGM that caught my attention in another clip that passed by my FB feed.

From there I watched, then read TQ's first book. And the 2nd book. So, so elated to find out there's already a series about to be aired. Much to my delight, the main characters are still the same as that of TMOPB.

ELOD, my 3rd Cdrama, despite a few gripes, is everything I would love watching over and over again. The development of the characters, the BGM, and what fascinated me as a kid, I keep falling in love with the story again and again.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

17 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I am a lawyer, it's in my nature and job description to argue/communicate. Also a children's right activist, so I am used to speaking to humans with a generally lower understanding of life. Usually, they are cutie pies who are around (4-16 years of age).

I have never had to argue with imbeciles/adults who have an IQ of a pubescent petulant child before though :joy:  which I wholeheartedly believe these negative fans to be. They seem more like "anti-fans" on an agenda, than actual viewers leaving an honest review.

The imbecile adults will pop my veins. :sweatingbullets: A kid, a teen, I can tolerate. But an adult who should know better than acting and reasoning like he/she is two...pitchfork.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@LovelyLady @jimmylyne

I like to also read negative reviews because I wanted to find out what the other finds lacking in the drama. I will accept valid and well argued reasons for their dislike. Because we are so in love with ELoD, sometimes we see things differently so a new perspective is very much welcome.

However, to my disappointment, most of the bad reviews and low scores came from people who have no idea what they are talking about. The one mentioned above was just an example. The others range from boring storyline, sleepy music, comical CG, bad dialogues, looks and feel like a kid hero drama etc. Are we even watching the same drama here????

Can't control how one mind's work..at the beginning of ELOD there's a review from a viewer rated 1.5 for ELOD in MDL I mean srsly.....I know it their right to do so.. but to rates as low as 1.5 was overly absurd since she only at an early episode.. too early to judged wether it good or bad..

One of the example.

Copy paste her review she rates 1.5.

I can go back to watch Ten Thousands Miles of Preach Blossom over and over again because of excellent story, acting, plots, music, scenes, etc.
After watching a few episodes, I was bored. And I got to the Ep10 - 12, it seemed to be a remade of Ten Thousands miles of preach blossom. This reminded me of the Star Wars 1,2,3 that was remade of StarWars original trilogy.
Honestly, I like Damulrat but in this drama, she is terrible. In her past few drama, I don't think she is a good actress. This role does not suit her at all. She did better in Ten Thousand Miles of Preach Blossom.

PS : pls tell me if I against the rules for copy pasted her review from other site.
  • Unamused 2
  • LOL 2

@vivi0303 @MayanEcho @LovelyLady

Absolutely! One can't activate battlemode when there is nothing of substance to start with. Sure, ELoD is not everyone's cup of tea and I accept that. Just like I can't watch gore or read smut. But I don't go around leaving bad reviews and giving out low scores. Yeah, what can we do right? I will just have to love ELoD even more then. :love:

Me too.. I'm not a type of wasting my time to reviews something I don't like..but if I love it I would definitely do something about it..with full of passion.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Can't control how one mind's work..at the beginning of ELOD there's a review from a viewer rated 1.5 for ELOD in MDL I mean srsly.....I know it their right to do so.. but to rates as low as 1.5 was overly absurd since she only at an early episode.. too early to judged wether it good or bad..

One of the example.

Copy paste her review she rates 1.5.

I can go back to watch Ten Thousands Miles of Preach Blossom over and over again because of excellent story, acting, plots, music, scenes, etc.
After watching a few episodes, I was bored. And I got to the Ep10 - 12, it seemed to be a remade of Ten Thousands miles of preach blossom. This reminded me of the Star Wars 1,2,3 that was remade of StarWars original trilogy.
Honestly, I like Damulrat but in this drama, she is terrible. In her past few drama, I don't think she is a good actress. This role does not suit her at all. She did better in Ten Thousand Miles of Preach Blossom.

PS : pls acknowledge me if I against the rules for copy pasted her review from other site.

The idea of people pitting dramas/productions against each other is not new. But the ineptitude makes me laugh. This is a prime example of someone who does not know these are adaptations from the same author. It is in the same universe, from the same talent company. It is essentially all in the family. It is sad actually. Even Yang Mi cameos to support the series. Family builds each other up,  even the actors/actresses have this attitude. Fans apparently tear each other/productions down in this blind "loyalty" fandom culture. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Why did they take this scene away from us??????

*inner hulk unleashed* :rage:

Yeah, they inserted the mediocre one instead. And too long at that, too. 

I'd see the uncut version anytime if it's released.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@LovelyLady Aww, the arguably most meaningful smirk of DH of all ELOD! :P Thanks for posting! We all know why he smiled here, right? ;)

That smirk tho..make me thinks that he's thinking of something very naughty..

DHs smile is so beautiful..so captivated..

His wicked actractive smirk that made women drop their panties..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

That smirk tho..make me thinks that he's thinking of something very naughty..

DHs smile is so beautiful..so captivated..

His wicked actractive smirk that made women drop their panties..:lol:

Ye Hua unaware uncle LS and uncle DH were gossipping about him leaving his wedding banquet after just two servings of wine. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 2