[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points
Update #9 is being installed. Service disruptions are expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Can't wait for the book to be completed..2023? 

Father God and Fushen ...Are they the same parson?

Yes

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

He can't help asking coz it should be him, LS the playboy, who should have kids left and right. :tounge_wink:

LS asked not for anything but to confirm what he was seeing was correct and that the mentioned tool works! :joy:

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

But if one uses the relic on one's own, then it wouldn't be that fragile no? Hmmm...

That ancient relic is so well-maintained and top notch. Any doubts, ask FJ! Hahahaha!

Fragile, what's that? Haven't heard of it. :P

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I have to say, YCW was so funny there. His jaw dropped. Hahhaha! I wanted to tell Lian Song. 莲宋君,好心呀, 你还可以问是东华的?!!! (Lord Lian Song, please, how could you even ask if he was Dong Hua’s?) jeez. 

YCW might thought that 1 silver haired is enough but having 2, would be too much :joy:

• LOL 9

4 hours ago, MCrisD2020 said:

Hahaha yes we know he’s not weak at all, its just his strategy. And in my opinion, that was brilliant. I think, DH has lived long enough and read too may buddhist scriptures ( and really understands it) that is why he has different view compared to Ye Hua. DH knows where and when it matters, and he knows more than others about sacrifices.

His favorite must be the Paired Spiritual Study :rolleyes::naughty::joy: Even YH who is an ardent student is not as naughty as him :joy: 

3 hours ago, MCrisD2020 said:

Kudos really to Vengo he nailed it with DH’s character. Thank God for little mercies as I have not reached the point of carrying him into my dreams just yet. Hahahaha :naughty:

I found a problem acquiring the Vengo love bug. Before reading romance novel just felt warm and fuzzy, but I discovered reading those 'sweet parts' now just brings me 'headaches' :naughty: V keeps popping on my mind:joy:

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Say, would love your insight on this. TQ never really explain DH's background aside from his mysterious birth and rise in immortal ranks to.uniting the world. LS  said he did it all through brains, blood and sweat. Unlike YH or MY who both had great mentors.

So my question is, where did this innate sense of justice and savior of his come from? He grew up in quite a hostile environment, always been bullied and he was all alone in Binghai Canglin. A lot of times, heroism sprang from wanting to right the wrong. But because he was a social recluse, his moral compass could have been very different. So, it kinda intriqued me what made him the DH that we know and how has he chosen his path.

I believe he's a natural, developed more by being with MY and SW.... and as said the learnings in the school

Spoiler

His friendship with SW who is also a protector of her clan, and maybe her loss too. She was important to him, I believe her and MY tragedy made him stand up coz no one can and willing to do it that time.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That ancient relic is so well-maintained and top notch. Any doubts, ask FJ! Hahahaha!

Fragile, what's that? Haven't heard of it. :P

In a lot of Xianxia and Wuxia, when one unleashed one's tool down the valley, one will acquire power ups. In DH and FJ's case, although not mention by the author, I think FJ must've been the receiver of the said power up, BGG. ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I'm sure this has been posted before but Vengo (& Reba) gives an amazing debriefing of each of his ELOD personas: DH, SXR, SY and his personal advice at the end is so :heart::love:

"Be brave and go for love" - - Gao Weiguang

P.S. it is translated in English under CC

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Mortal, you find a hiding place now, pronto! :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Did you actually suggest that DH display that tool?? :phew:

What in the?? How did we even get here?

I hope no newbies start reading from the last few pages. We are not always like that. We are a very insightful bunch of ELoD fans. We do discuss much more serious and deep stuffs. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I hope no newbies start reading from the last few pages. We are not always like that. We are a very insightful bunch of ELoD fans. We do discuss much more serious and deep stuffs. :sweatingbullets: 

You know I do go deep and analyse the books :D. I think you haven't seen my analysis of the first book heheh. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

24 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

YCW might thought that 1 silver haired is enough but having 2, would be too much :joy:

You know even as a child BGG has a little bit of the handsome cold demeanor 冷俊 already.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I agree with @Yori Ten, we're mostly very tamed when we post. Just that sometimes, we can be very naughty too. :P And it usually starts from very mundane, innocent things or stuff. Hehehe.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

19 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

His favorite must be the Paired Spiritual Study :rolleyes::naughty::joy: Even YH who is an ardent student is not as naughty as him :joy: 

I found a problem acquiring the Vengo love bug. Before reading romance novel just felt warm and fuzzy, but I discovered reading those 'sweet parts' now just brings me 'headaches' :naughty: V keeps popping on my mind:joy:

I believe he's a natural, developed more by being with MY and SW.... and as said the learnings in the school

Hide contents

His friendship with SW who is also a protector of her clan, and maybe her loss too. She was important to him, I believe her and MY tragedy made him stand up coz no one can and willing to do it that time.

@LaxClyne thats the problem i’ve had the past few days, tried watching other dramas but to no avail, kept comparing. DH character was too good. But i’ve realized too, that i’ll be happy to have that problem any day! :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

You know even as a child BGG has a little bit of the handsome cold demeanor 冷俊 already.

True and I’ve noticed that his brain was wired just like his father lord with his deduction and reasoning. DH met his match! :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I have no idea what the part in bold is about... what’s with the Monster comment and how is this teasing?

@Megan Dong Hua likes to tease Feng Jiu.

In reality, he wanted to accompany her to wash her face because he cared for her and I guess wanted to tell Ji Heng that she can wait and Feng Jiu is more important. Feng Jiu being practical said that she can go alone without him. So, Feng Jiu initially asked him if he was worried she would fall into the water while washing her face (I didn't realise that she had been resting in bed for the last 2 days because celibate Dong Hua had exhausted her with tons of bed sport/activities ahem... you get the idea....when I first read the book, I thought she was tired from coming out of Aranya's dream...so maybe Dong Hua was worried that she was still tired out from all that...yes yes I know innocent me never realised what she was tired from till you gals in the forum enlightened me :naughty:).....

And knowing that Dong Hua likes to tease her, she suddenly thought what if Dong Hua sarcastically meant that he would accompany her  because she would scare away whatever was living in the lake where she was going to wash her face (maybe her appearance then was still shabby looking).

Hope that explanation helps.

• Like 2
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

Now Everytime FJ is tired we know its dj fault :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 10

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I agree with @Yori Ten, we're mostly very tamed when we post. Just that sometimes, we can be very naughty too. :P And it usually starts from very mundane, innocent things or stuff. Hehehe.

Yeah it usually starts without even an ounce of provocation just like that video comment whom @Ninky was talking about... but i think we will not cross the line here. It will all be just artistic description and out of curiosity. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

17 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

True and I’ve noticed that his brain was wired just like his father lord with his deduction and reasoning. DH met his match! :)

He never really believed what his mother told him... Also he loves to read in exactly the same way as his Dad. Holds the scroll out hahahaha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

Yeah it usually starts without even an ounce of provocation just like that video comment whom @Ninky was talking about... but i think we will not cross the line here. It will all be just artistic description and out of curiosity. :)

I simply think it never did cross their minds that one day DH will father a child. Also because she hid for 200 years. After the shock, they will realise that she suffered a lot in the 200 years raising and giving birth to that kid by herself.

An immortal pregnancy is immortal 3 years. It's a long time....That shocked face Dong Hua was  priceless. I think at first the silver hair on the boy hadn't registered as caring for FJ is the priority.

But the moment he said he was his mother's son, his face LOL. I think that was the point that the silver hair sunk in real hard. Knew instantly that is his little boy.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Now Everytime FJ is tired we know its dj fault :naughty:

TQ did that on purpose. BGG was conceived really quickly and we know children don't just appear. Anyway they even planned for it with that picture of the house in Qing Qiu so nothing surprising there. They knew what they were doing. :tounge_wink:

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Was a dum question. I think he was just too shocked and wasn't thinking straight. Xie Gu Chou told them "Can't you tell by one look?" LOL

Even DH himself couldn't believe his own eyes. He needed to ask BGG who he was even after clearly heard him call FJ mother :lol:

24 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I can only conclude we all are unable to move on from ELOD. That's why we are still here in this forum and even discussing DH's tool :sweatingbullets:

I wonder what would be FJ's reaction if she sees this. Captain Marvel checking out her DH :joy:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 11