[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Although I love our main OTP, I am going to do a side discussion on Song Qing Shu and Zhou Zhi Ruo. To be honest, I really want them to end up together. Although SQS is not the best guy (at least not compare to ZWJ) but I really don't dislike him as much as I dislike him in the other version. Yes, he is a weak character but at least we get to see the reason behind his character build up. He is a very flawed character. I don't know why if I put this setting in a high school drama, ZWJ is the good boy who have a very sad background but are the most well known boy who got everyone attention while SQS is the boy with a good background but are outshine by ZWJ in everyway and even the girl he have a crush on (ZZR) is in love with ZWJ. He then joined the wrong crowd because of this and make a bunch of mistake and lead him down the wrong path. To me he is a very pitiful character,  partially by choice and partially by his character. However, I do think if ZZR return his love, he may not be such a sad character and he may very much heal ZZR's pain. He really loves her with all her flaws. ZZR wants glory and power. Although she thinks she want to be with ZWJ but she never thought about what he wants while SQS would work toward her goal and support her all the way. He does understand her and if only she sees that they are the same type of people instead of hanging onto ZWJ who is not right for her.

Also I really like the last scene of episode 48, it is very sad but in a way, it shows that at the end of the day even characters like DMJ and SQS who are flawed are willing to help out when facing the same enemies. I love SQS and his father scenes and the actor who acted as his father is really good with his emotion. Two more episodes to go and I have truly no clue what to expect anymore but surprisingly not that against the changes that they are making to his adaption. 

Btw, do anyone know the song they are playing during the fight near the end of episode 48? That song was so touching... 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

What is the logic that he has to marry ZZR in order to heal her, whereas he had already touch ZM so many times, hahaha 

Tickle her sole, 

Carry her up

Hold her hands 

Hold her shoulder alone, already several times

I think it's because whenever ZWJ touched ZM, there's only two of them at scene and nobody there. One more thing, both ZWJ and ZM will not tell anybody else about what happened between them. 

As with ZZR, ZWJ respect her always as he felt always indebted to her. ZWJ would likely as for her permission or opinion if he wanted to do something to her. 

Then again this is just my thoughts and possibly just plot device by JY. 

This is the main reason why we liked this HSDS version. Main OTP got obvious chemistry from the start. Everytime they stare or talk or touch each other we can feel something burning inside their heart pushing them to do things instinctively without considering moral values and chivalry code. While for other girls, we didn't feel that way.

But if we see other version or novel, we can't help but feel strange by how OTP paired up.

• Like 1

@BreezeC i agreed with you that this is the best SQS so far. But i think ZZR is just obsession or trigger for SQS. This boy was meant to be broken at the end. Without ZZR, he still will be envious of ZWJ because he's orphaned and sickly child. I still prefer SQS death after regretting his mistakes sincerely and ZZR spent the rest of her life alone. 

Gah, why wednesday so long i just need ZM to be alive immediately.

45 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

Just to be clear, NO more drama (talking, crying, yelling, politics, brotherhood, sisterhood,  romance, etc) scenes at ALL. ONLY add more Action, Kung Fu, Wuxia scenes!!!

I think that would actually weaken the overall story. For me personally I Iike wuxia story because by fighting or trading blows they could gauge each others intention/abilities. It's like talking through fighting or like those Kurosawa's samurai movies where they gauge each other ability by standing still and looking at each other intently, if they only add more action without intention or purpose it will be just like 2 wild animals fighting each other which is boring.

For example in GMD, when WJ were fighting the shaolin monk it was interesting because he was gauging the monk ability first and being respectful but then the monk got angry because WJ just keep avoiding him rather fighting him proper. After that WJ got serious but he also copy the monk's exact ability and wield it better than him, to show that he has higher understanding and to be fair to the monk since if he use jiu yang shen gong or qian kun da nuo yi it will be like bringing a sub-machine gun to a fist fight. And the after the fight is done it's done since the monk already knows he will always lose fighting WJ, prolonging it anymore is useless.

So yeah even if they want to add more action if there's no purpose or intent it just a useless prolong fight which it's just a waste of time.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Yeah that was an indirect invisible slap to her face. I saw some fans commenting that it's a very happy feeling to see this scene 

Somehow, i still think not enough. Sigh, i still want some bangs from yellow robe maiden. Why can't i get over this? I'm one of the angriest viewers over yellow robe maiden scene.

She should show us better than that to punish ZZR. We clearly can't expect ZWJ to do that or 3 shaolin monks.

Can somebody here my friends who can ease up my feeling? Are they running out of ideas to make powerful fighting scene? Please tell me your ideas to make me feel better. I even don't mind they plot ZM death.

• Like 1

I was quite pleased with all the fighting scenes, all except for yellow dress lady appearance. In fact i had high expectations for her appearance but the last episode, it was quite shabbily done. Her appearance is as good as none. I expect her to show her power and punish ZZR too. 

I totally agree that, without all the "drama" that show the real conflict, dilemma, emotions, all the fighting scenes are just pointless and meaningless. YES, they made quite a number of changes but Those changes bring out the true essence of the Original novel

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Somehow, i still think not enough. Sigh, i still want some bangs from yellow robe maiden. Why can't i get over this? I'm one of the angriest viewers over yellow robe maiden scene.

She should show us better than that to punish ZZR. We clearly can't expect ZWJ to do that or 3 shaolin monks.

Is it possible the actress who play yellow robe can't fight? Or her schedule does not permit her to have time to do the practice?

I've seen BTS where Joseph have to practice first with a wushu instructor before they start filming I think and go over the movement and everything. There is also an interview I think with Yukee where she said she was the earliest actor that have time to meet the instructor so she's martial expert by then lol (she's joking I think:P)

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I think that would actually weaken the overall story. For me personally I Iike wuxia story because by fighting or trading blows they could gauge each others intention/abilities. It's like talking through fighting or like those Kurosawa's samurai movies where they gauge each other ability by standing still and looking at each other intently, if they only add more action without intention or purpose it will be just like 2 wild animals fighting each other which is boring.

For example in GMD, when WJ were fighting the shaolin monk it was interesting because he was gauging the monk ability first and being respectful but then the monk got angry because WJ just keep avoiding him rather fighting him proper. After that WJ got serious but he also copy the monk's exact ability and wield it better than him, to show that he has higher understanding and to be fair to the monk since if he use jiu yang shen gong or qian kun da nuo yi it will be like bringing a sub-machine gun to a fist fight. And the after the fight is done it's done since the monk already knows he will always lose fighting WJ, prolonging it anymore is useless.

So yeah even if they want to add more action if there's no purpose or intent it just a useless prolong fight which it's just a waste of time.

NO. I was basing it entirely off the previous versions of LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS with MORE/LONGER  (just) Wuxia/Fighting scenes!!

Compared to them, this one is definitely VERY lacking!

OK maybe 5-10 extra episodes I mentioned is exaggerated, but perhaps 2-4 is more justified!

26 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Is it possible the actress who play yellow robe can't fight? Or her schedule does not permit her to have time to do the practice?

I've seen BTS where Joseph have to practice first with a wushu instructor before they start filming I think and go over the movement and everything. There is also an interview I think with Yukee where she said she was the earliest actor that have time to meet the instructor so she's martial expert by then lol (she's joking I think:P)

The actress for yellow dress lady acted in ROCH 2014 as cheng ying before. But not sure if she has enough training at that time

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Btw, do anyone know the song they are playing during the fight near the end of episode 48? That song was so touching... 

On 4/13/2019 at 1:24 PM, AppleBanana said:

Li Qi - Chi Zi Xin

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Another forum had member sharing that Yukee mentioned that there will be a surprise at the ending which she did not disclose 

As long as it's a happy surprise I'm cool with it. Just not ZZR suddenly comes out:sweatingbullets:(stupid 3rd ending)

15 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

As long as it's a happy surprise I'm cool with it. Just not ZZR suddenly comes out:sweatingbullets:(stupid 3rd ending)

I agreed at long it a HE.

my thought in this version is WJ-MinMin have a deep love relationship than other versions. I believed if it not Minmin is a Mongolia princess, he wouldn’t hide his feeling till than. As I thought WJ felt in love at the beginning when he met ZM. 

• Like 1