[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Disclaimer: super loooo~~oong post.  :sweatingbullets:. Sorry folks.

Okay,  I might be in the minority but I actually liked these two episodes (47-48). :DThis version is not perfect, and there are aspects that can be improved of course but so far, this is by far my favorite version followed by 86, 2000, and 2009. 

The war between Yuan and the 6 sects+Ming are actually the highlights for me, especially the one at the end of ep 48. You can actually feel the desperation. They are at the end game (okay,  sorry,  just want to put this out there. Been waiting for Avengers :sweatingbullets:)

On a serious note,  the fighting scenes  bring out the sadness and horror of war. It's very sad to see those characters, even the minor characters fell, including 

Spoiler

DMJ. 

SQS and ZR  are portrayed to be kinder here.  His death is very sad and ZR actually show sadness for him. These changes make these characters more likeable. The sadness of SYQ is very heartbreaking too:tears:

The song during the fight create the ambience that somehow make the fight scenes even more heart wrenching. 

I also like the small scenes of the Ming members in the fight , which highlights each of the characters as well.  What I like about this director is the effective use of small scenes to give spotlights on a side character or a storyline. 

I actually like most changes these series did. Perhaps i am not a stickler, but I like that this version presents an old,  heavily remade and retold stories from a fresher point of view. Major storylines and arcs are still there,  but they were packaged with new details. This can backfire (and most of the times, it does backfire). But for me,  these changes quite work for 2019 HSDS. These new takes still make people wonder and generates speculation, which is good.  It still creates buzz even though this is the 10th time(?) this series is remade into film or tv series. Quite a feat. Of course there are aspects they can improve but I'll take what I have now :sweatingbullets:

Why did I feel ZR might know more about ZM's fake death?  I might be wrong though. 

Spoiler

During the feast, ZR seems to notice ZM. And she didn't say anything when QS said that ZM is her most hated person. Anf she heard about ZM death from a dead soldier?  Hmm.. 

It's nice to finally see WJ stand up for ZM. I agree with some other posters,  I actually feel he indeed should feel the pain that ZM went through. It's the first time he really went against his own uncle YYW and even shouted at whoever want to hurt ZM.  I am very sad when WJ

Spoiler

Found out his grandpa died at the battlefield. His sadness when he said that his grandpa promised to drink wine with him after the battle is just heartbreaking.

But YYW and the ming members can be very judgemental. :crazy: Blaming ZM for BMYW death? That's not fair for someone who has already faced so much conflicts from those around her and even inside her own head and heart.

I also liked when WJ ran back to ZM room when he heard about her death from ZZR.  His pain is noticeable there. Kudos to the actors and actresses. They really bring out the characters well. Exampled: the confrontation between YYW and ZWJ in front of Min min room. 

I still feel that RYW, Or at least WBB are trying to give Min min a way out while protecting their clan. When FY saved ZM,  it makes her looks like an accomplice of the Ming. Maybe they want to make people knew that ZM is "dead" so they can let her quietly back to Mongolia? WBB seems to repent and truly care about his sister here,  while RYW is more ruthless. 

A nice change to show RYW and WBB to actually be involved in a war.  The actors seem very formidable too. 

When WJ returned to the war after 

Spoiler

mourning ZM "death". He seemed more determined than ever to defeat the Yuan army. He has no more qualm,  no more worry.  Maybe I over think, but it's seem to me like he's vindictive there. Like he wants to avenge his Min min, first time ever he wants to take a revenge. Even if the enemies are his future in-laws. In his mind,  they killed his Min-min,  now he will bring them down too. 

At that moment, he finally knew how hurtful and tragic it is to lose his chosen one. He's lucky that he will have 2nd chance with her, he better learn his lesson well. 

I also like that this version included the conflict between Yuan and the 6sects+Ming as the final arc. I feel it's better than just the love squabbling between WJ-ZM-ZR ^_^. It gives more depth on the conflict that WJ and ZM must endure.

I always felt that they got away together a taaad too easily in the previous versions.

When thinking about it,  they came from two very different backgrounds. Their situation couldn't be any worse: one is the leader of the rebel while one is the princess who is trusted by her father and even her dynasty to br involved in the forefront in their attempts to quash the rebel. Giving up their name might be the easiest thing that they have to do,  but they cannot just give up their loyalty, their familial bonds,  their allegiance, and their emotional responsibility and guilt toward their sides. Their conscience will be beaten too. Even worse when the side that one has to abandon is one's family whom one love. So,  I can tolerate the angsts included, I guess.  :sweatingbullets:

Hoping finale episodes will tie everything nicely and our WJ-ZM finally, finally got their happily ever after,  roaming the green grasses under the blue blue sky. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Disclaimer: super loooo~~oong post.  :sweatingbullets:. Sorry folks.

Okay,  I might be in the minority but I actually liked these two episodes (47-48). :DThis version is not perfect, and there are aspects that can be improved of course but so far, this is by far my favorite version followed by 86, 2000, and 2009. 

The war between Yuan and the 6 sects+Ming are actually the highlights for me, especially the one at the end of ep 48. You can actually feel the desperation. They are at the end game (okay,  sorry,  just want to put this out there. Been waiting for Avengers :sweatingbullets:)

On a serious note,  the fighting scenes  bring out the sadness and horror of war. It's very sad to see those characters, even the minor characters fell, including 

Hide contents

DMJ. 

SQS and ZR  are portrayed to be kinder here.  His death is very sad and ZR actually show sadness for him. These changes make these characters more likeable. The sadness of SYQ is very heartbreaking too:tears:

The song during the fight create the ambience that somehow make the fight scenes even more heart wrenching. 

I also like the small scenes of the Ming members in the fight , which highlights each of the characters as well.  What I like about this director is the effective use of small scenes to give spotlights on a side character or a storyline. 

I actually like most changes these series did. Perhaps i am not a stickler, but I like that this version presents an old,  heavily remade and retold stories from a fresher point of view. Major storylines and arcs are still there,  but they were packaged with new details. This can backfire (and most of the times, it does backfire). But for me,  these changes quite work for 2019 HSDS. These new takes still make people wonder and generates speculation, which is good.  It still creates buzz even though this is the 10th time(?) this series is remade into film or tv series. Quite a feat. Of course there are aspects they can improve but I'll take what I have now :sweatingbullets:

Why did I feel ZR might know more about ZM's fake death?  I might be wrong though. 

Hide contents

During the feast, ZR seems to notice ZM. And she didn't say anything when QS said that ZM is her most hated person. Anf she heard about ZM death from a dead soldier?  Hmm.. 

It's nice to finally see WJ stand up for ZM. I agree with some other posters,  I actually feel he indeed should feel the pain that ZM went through. It's the first time he really went against his own uncle YYW and even shouted at whoever want to hurt ZM.  I am very sad when WJ

Hide contents

Found out his grandpa died at the battlefield. His sadness when he said that his grandpa promised to drink wine with him after the battle is just heartbreaking.

But YYW and the ming members can be very judgemental. :crazy: Blaming ZM for BMYW death? That's not fair for someone who has already faced so much conflicts from those around her and even inside her own head and heart.

I also liked when WJ ran back to ZM room when he heard about her death from ZZR.  His pain is noticeable there. Kudos to the actors and actresses. They really bring out the characters well. Exampled: the confrontation between YYW and ZWJ in front of Min min room. 

I still feel that RYW, Or at least WBB are trying to give Min min a way out while protecting their clan. When FY saved ZM,  it makes her looks like an accomplice of the Ming. Maybe they want to make people knew that ZM is "dead" so they can let her quietly back to Mongolia? WBB seems to repent and truly care about his sister here,  while RYW is more ruthless. 

A nice change to show RYW and WBB to actually be involved in a war.  The actors seem very formidable too. 

When WJ returned to the war after 

Hide contents

mourning ZM "death". He seemed more determined than ever to defeat the Yuan army. He has no more qualm,  no more worry.  Maybe I over think, but it's seem to me like he's vindictive there. Like he wants to avenge his Min min, first time ever he wants to take a revenge. Even if the enemies are his future in-laws. In his mind,  they killed his Min-min,  now he will bring them down too. 

At that moment, he finally knew how hurtful and tragic it is to lose his chosen one. He's lucky that he will have 2nd chance with her, he better learn his lesson well. 

I also like that this version included the conflict between Yuan and the 6sects+Ming as the final arc. I feel it's better than just the love squabbling between WJ-ZM-ZR ^_^. It gives more depth on the conflict that WJ and ZM must endure.

I always felt that they got away together a taaad too easily in the previous versions.

When thinking about it,  they came from two very different backgrounds. Their situation couldn't be any worse: one is the leader of the rebel while one is the princess who is trusted by her father and even her dynasty to br involved in the forefront in their attempts to quash the rebel. Giving up their name might be the easiest thing that they have to do,  but they cannot just give up their loyalty, their familial bonds,  their allegiance, and their emotional responsibility and guilt toward their sides. Their conscience will be beaten too. Even worse when the side that one has to abandon is one's family whom one love. So,  I can tolerate the angsts included, I guess.  :sweatingbullets:

Hoping finale episodes will tie everything nicely and our WJ-ZM finally, finally got their happily ever after,  roaming the green grasses under the blue blue sky. 

I love this analysis. Thank you for writing it. I still feel sad for our ZM-WJ couple. That tombstone scene is so heartbreaking, especially when he said, "wait for me".. URGH. 

I too think this is the best adaptation so far.   The entire series is by far the best produced, including the gorgeous scenery, the special effects, etc..  The actors and actresses all are very suited for the roles and they all have done a wonderful job in their acting.  This adaptation has definitely added more depth to the storyline than the original novel.  Also, the main character WJ is a better person here than in the novel.  Instead of being unable to decide between ZR and MM, this WJ has remained true to MM.  His reflection in front of MM’s tombstone is very insightful and touching.  I can't wait to see the last two episodes and am glad that it is going to be a good ending (based on the previews).

• Like 5

I have watch most of the HSDS and to me this by so far the best version. Even those there a few change in each HSDS in the pasted and same to 2019 version. But I feel there more into the relationship  for WJ-ZM in this version and at least WJ know who he true love but just try o avoid and pushing ZM away. I like the WJ in this version the way he look at ZM with his eyes BIG and follow her conversation. The only thing it missing out is WJ need to tell ZM " I love You" the next time he see her.  At least 1 more kiss scene for WJ-ZM.

• Like 6

I actually quite like how episode 47 and 48 turnout to be. I was not disappointed. It panned out the reality of war and highlight the true conflict between the couple. It also spoke of the actual fact that, no matter how much good you have done, once an enemy, forever that people will not let their guard down against you, as with MinMin case. She offended the 6 sects before, its not easy to gain their understanding. This is a fact. Its not as easy as some other adaptation lay out to be. Which is why I love this adaptation. I feel heart pain for WJ that he has to continue with his war after his beloved died. 

Hey what do you guys think? 

I actually think that ZZR might get to ask her long awaited question to ZWJ on who he love most? Hopefully 

As long as the main idea of this drama is still there, i would not mind the changes. 

BTW the only thing that disappointed me was Yellow dress lady screen time is too short. I was so looking forward to her fight with ZZR

I really can't bear to part with this drama. One mv found on weibo to share

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4360346552984892

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I think nearing the end of the show, the recent episodes gave you a "bigger picture" of what the show wanted to portray. It finally made sense why ZWJ was so strongly trying to push ZM away in the earlier episodes. He knew what would happen if they did get together. All hell would break loose....and he was right. Based on recent episodes, all hell did break loose. No matter how many times ZWJ tries to explain to people that ZM already cut off ties with her father, the royal family is still in her blood. Things paned out the way he said it would pane out. ZM stuck in the middle between the man she loves and her blood family. ZWJ fending off literally everyone to keep her safe. ZM causing tension within her family. ZWJ causing tension within his own Ming Sect. All this because they fell in love. Yet he knew earlier on this would happen and tried to warn her. She didnt listen. Then again, neither did he. So it's more of you made your bed, now lie in it. If ZWJ didnt have the martial arts that he does, she would have long been dead. But I love that this version has been very specific in terms of who ZWJ loves. In my heart, the 2000 version was the most special in terms of ZWJ's love for ZM. This version may be a close second. The 2003 version had me feeling like ZWJ loved whoever he was with at the moment. The 2009 was just super wishy washy. The ZWJ from today basically warning everyone in his sect that if they try anything to hurt her, he's definitely going to retaliate. So basically, the message is clear, back off or else. And him promising to follow her in death after he's done with the war, awwww.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@chipz03

Well once everybody wake up and watch it I might be the minority for finding it disappointing/anticlimactic:sweatingbullets:

After thinking about it more, I found it the most disappointing, especially eps.48 imho is how sloppy they are in setting up ZM missing, I think that triggered my murder mystery brain and after that it just couldn't stop analysing all the bad decision they made imo.

Spoiler

1. I don't get why they don't shoot the confrontation between ZM-WBB-RYW at night because if in daylight all the incidents and battle all happen at the same day which just doesn't make sense

2. ZM's room was not disturbed at all when they shoot it the first time WJ goes there in the morning. And then when WJ heard the info from ZR he runs again the ZM's room which just didn't make sense. ZR told WJ she got taken by RYW, got killed in the forest, and then her body got eaten by animal, shouldn't you run to the forest to check? And really WJ as a person that lives in the wild for so long, should know better, it takes a while for animal to actually completely eat your body until it's gone. And it's still daylight btw.

3. The damn hairpin how could it suddenly be there on the floor. It's impossible that WJ did not realise it in the morning when he first went there.

I get why ZM has to be "dead", it will be easier for both WJ and RYW  to do what they have to do, but how they set it up just so sloppy imho.

I even realise how weird it is a mongolian army does not bring their cavalry to a battle. Usually I don't care since they do have a budget to think about but the fact that I can't suspense my disbelief it just means I was bothered a lot by their sloppy set up.

And they've been so meticulous in their shooting, I even noticed SQS still used his Wu Dang sword during the tournament in shaolin which I thought was a nice touch to show that he still yearns to go back Wu Dang. That is why I'm so confused why eps 48 is so messy.

Yeah I also think ZR knows something now that I think about it again, she's too calm. Hope they explain what happen in next episode.

The confrontation with WJ protecting ZM from his uncle and all other Ming's member is good and painful but the thing I notice the most is the absent of YX. It went so badly because there's no bad cop YX. YX will never be an inspiring leader but he knows how to wield the rule to protect WJ and bear any discontent towards it so that WJ won't get the splash back. He also know how to balance the need of the sect and what WJ's want, just because WJ is the leader of the sect and so far always put the sect on top does not mean he doesn't have selfish wishes (ZM). Which totally whom WJ needed at that moment, but alas he got hurt.

• Like 5

Just done watching ep 47 and 48! hix...so much pains for WJ and ZM. Why can't they understand ZM's good sides so far? What her dad has done, doesn't mean she has to take all the blames! I love how WJ felt so hopeless and souless after ZM's fake death and the womb. He's willingly to go after her if it's not what's left to take care of. I'm touched that he said to her womb "wait for me, I won't let you feel lonely anymore..." omg! He's now wanting to finish it, kill all to quickly go with her. If he knows ZM is not really dead, maybe he won't continue the fight? I think ZR has a plan and lies to WJ, believing that he will come back to love her if ZM is dead. Unfortunately, WJ has another plan in mind. so, I really hope for a scene ZR asks who WJ loves the most to hear all of his feelings. Then it's good to see ZR's reaction of how much she's lost, no matter what WJ still loves ZM and only her.  

2 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@chipz03

Well once everybody wake up and watch it I might be the minority for fidning it disappointing/anticlimactic:sweatingbullets:

After thinking about it more, I found it the most disappointing, especially eps.48 imho is how sloppy they are in setting up ZM missing, I think that triggered my murder mystery brain and after that it just couldn't stop analysing all the bad decision they made imo.

Hide contents

1. I don't get why they don't shoot the confrontation between ZM-WBB-RYW at night because if in daylight all the incidents and battle all happen at the same day which just doesn't make sense

2. ZM's room was not disturbed at all when they shoot it the first time WJ goes there in the morning. And then when WJ heard the info from ZR he runs again the ZM's room which just didn't make sense. ZR told WJ she got taken by RYW, got killed in the forest, and then her body got eaten by animal, shouldn't you run to the forest to check? And really WJ as a person that lives in the wild for so long, should know better, it takes a while for animal to actually completely eat your body until it's gone. And it's still daylight btw.

3. The damn hairpin how could it suddenly be there on the floor. It's impossible that WJ did not realise it in the morning when he first went there.

I get why ZM has to be "dead", it will be easier for both WJ and RYW  to do what they have to do, but how they set it up just so sloppy imho.

I even realise how weird it is a mongolian army does not bring their cavalry to a battle. Usually I don't care since they do have a budget to think about but the fact that I can't suspense my disbelief it just means I was bothered a lot by their sloppy set up.

And they've been so meticulous in their shooting, I even noticed SQS still used his Wu Dang sword during the tournament in shaolin which I thought was a nice touch to show that he still yearns to go back Wu Dang. That is why I'm so confused why eps 48 is so messy.

Yeah I also think ZR knows something now that I think about it again, she's too calm. Hope they explain what happen in next episode.

The confrontation with WJ protecting ZM from his uncle and all other Ming's member is good and painful but the thing I notice the most is the absent of YX. It went so badly because there's no bad cop YX. YX will never be an inspiring leader but he knows how to wield the rule to protect WJ and bear any discontent towards it so that WJ won't get the splash back. Which totally whom WJ needed at that moment.

I agree with you completely. I think they have a huge editing problem on their hands in some scenes. I think everything is just too fast paced and you can see them trying to fit everything there in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dramagirlslove said:

I agree with you completely. I think they have a huge editing problem on their hands in some scenes. I think everything is just too fast paced and you can see them trying to fit everything there in time.

They really should have add an extra two eps :( But most dramas tend to have rushed endings (ahem Legend of Zhao Yao). I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. I'll still like it regardless.

• Like 1

I like a sentence from ZM after she crashed the wedding and in the cave. WJ tried to save her. She said to him "you already hurt me like this" and want to push me away. When I look at him, I think he really want to hold her tide but than afraid again. Their moments together over all is very sweet especially ZM. Also another conversation when they ride the horse together (so sweet of ZM telling him that she want to leave but afraid he get hurt by other people).

• Like 5

Guys, i agree with you all here that the show got huge editing problem especially eps 48. It was like they tried to fit so many events in one eps. I got the purpose is to give viewers the consequences of their love, but i believe 2 more eps will be better. 

ZWJ sincerely wanted to eradicate the yuan dynasty, he just wanted to spend his life to do the act filial piety to the elders and seniors he indebted to and at the same time bring all the Hans together in peace and unity. But in the process, people around him expect more. The elders wanted him to start family, pick the right girl to help him accomplish this goal. Actually deep down inside none of the girls is able to shake him until ZM comes. Either ZZR, XZ or YL they are all kind of 'little sisters' to him. 

ZM actually only wanted to ZWJ to admit his feelings to her. I believe she didn't want to crash the wedding but she got no choice. ZM doesn't hate ZZR like ZZR hate ZM. Remember when they fought the persians, ZM gave ZZR the heaven sword because she's not fit to fight. Once the ceremony completed ZWJ will be ZZR's forever and bound to her completely. Only after the wedding failed, ZWJ realized he could not hold his feelings any longer. ZM is no longer princess and just ordinary girl so why can she stay at his side.

One more reason ZM know exactly ZWJ capability as leader. ZWJ only served as the icon, he doesn't have what it takes to be the leader of a nation. She said many times, ZWJ better leave everything and travel the world with her because it's what they really want and born to do. 

The show has executed these sides of the story quite well. 

Overall shaolin duel is a disappointment. They should make use of yellow robe maiden better. ZZR deserves at least one slap in her face publicly after all the sins she had done. I'm so disappointed about this. 

I hope the final two will redeem this to us.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Guys, i agree with you all here that the show got huge editing problem especially eps 48. It was like they tried to fit so many events in one eps. I got the purpose is to give viewers the consequences of their love, but i believe 2 more eps will be better. 

ZWJ sincerely wanted to eradicate the yuan dynasty, he just wanted to spend his life to do the act filial piety to the elders and seniors he indebted to and at the same time bring all the Hans together in peace and unity. But in the process, people around him expect more. The elders wanted him to start family, pick the right girl to help him accomplish this goal. Actually deep down inside none of the girls is able to shake him until ZM comes. Either ZZR, XZ or YL they are all kind of 'little sisters' to him. 

ZM actually only wanted to ZWJ to admit his feelings to her. I believe she didn't want to crash the wedding but she got no choice. ZM doesn't hate ZZR like ZZR hate ZM. Remember when they fought the persians, ZM gave ZZR the heaven sword because she's not fit to fight. Once the ceremony completed ZWJ will be ZZR's forever and bound to her completely. Only after the wedding failed, ZWJ realized he could not hold his feelings any longer. ZM is no longer princess and just ordinary girl so why can she stay at his side.

One more reason ZM know exactly ZWJ capability as leader. ZWJ only served as the icon, he doesn't have what it takes to be the leader of a nation. She said many times, ZWJ better leave everything and travel the world with her because it's what they really want and born to do. 

The show has executed these sides of the story quite well. 

Overall shaolin duel is a disappointment. They should make use of yellow robe maiden better. ZZR deserves at least one slap in her face publicly after all the sins she had done. I'm so disappointed about this. 

I hope the final two will redeem this to us.

I totally agree, why can't they allow yellow dress lady more screen time, and let her reprimanded her, especially to mention the part on jiu yin zhen jing

I find that WJ was so manly and so handsome during the last three episodes. 

During the fighting scene with ZZR and SQS 

During the fighting scenes with three monks

And especially when he protect his MinMin, every aspect of it

Hope the last 2 episodes can be fulfilling 

44 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

does anyone know what this song is called in English? i really like it.

Chi zi xin, by Li Qi

I think English translation is pure heart? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LaurenPanna said:

I totally agree, why can't they allow yellow dress lady more screen time, and let her reprimanded her, especially to mention the part on jiu yin zhen jing

I find that WJ was so manly and so handsome during the last three episodes. 

During the fighting scene with ZZR and SQS 

During the fighting scenes with three monks

And especially when he protect his MinMin, every aspect of it

Hope the last 2 episodes can be fulfilling 

eheheh, i guess he was able to express his feelings and love with ZM, so he has to do anything to protect his wife...by even went against his uncle and many in public. He's determined to marry her no matter what. I have to love that! I guess he's determined and serious once he gets his feelings straight up? :P 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

eheheh, i guess he was able to express his feelings and love with ZM, so he has to do anything to protect his wife...by even went against his uncle and many in public. He's determined to marry her no matter what. I have to love that! I guess he's determined and serious once he gets his feelings straight up? :P 

Yes I love it

You know what, I kinda like YX simple gesture in accepting MinMin. I think i just watch this for 3 persons Lol, WJ, MinMin and YX

I just simply love this ZWJ clearly show that he only love MinMin and no one else 

You could clearly feel the turmoil internally of WJ and MinMin by looking at WJ's tormented face and MinMin tired look. Good performance 

• Like 2

I actually agreed that pacing of the final arcs are some of the aspect that this show can improve on. Perhaps including more episodes can be better for the pacing. For example: while i can tolerate ZZR better in the last arcs of this version (better than in other versions),  I still feel ZZR got away way too easily in this version.

The pacing on last few episodes seems like it's going on steroid.:sweatingbullets: a pity since they have potentially epic storylines that might push this series to even better quality.

But so far,  I can still tolerate this issues. Somehow,  the version whose editing irked me the most is the 2009 version, and I was so looking forward for that version. If I remember correctly, they tried to avoid using the word "shaolin" at that time (?)  but the editing process was just horrendous for me. It actually feel disruptive for me on the flow of the show.  A disappointment since I really like Deng Chao and Ady An there, and was initially excited that they actually filmed at real Wudang mountain (if I am not mistaken)  At least This version's  other aspects outweigh the editing and pacing issues for me, and I can still enjoy the flow :blush:. (Sorry if this sounds petty, offensive or rude.  Not my intention and also,  no other ill intention whatsoever too please.  Peace all :blush:). 

I also notice YX absence. I don't know whether it got something to do with the plot? For me,  he's been a question mark lately. (well,  ming members are question marks as well in the later episodes. But YX stood out for me.  Perhaps I look into it too much though). It's interesting take on his character though. Hoping perhaps for a good mini storyline for him too. The actor has this charisma and screen presence that nicely fit Yang Xiao. 

Another interesting aspect of HSDS,  especially this version is that it focus on  how some characters seems to be much more complex than what's shown in the surface. It make you second guess your first impressions. Is he/she actually good?  Is he/she truly bad?  Some theme that I liked from HSDS throughout the years --> what you see might not necessarily be what you get,   don't judge the book by its cover,  and don't pin your love and your happiness on someone whose heart doesn't belong to you.^_^

Why must we wait until Wednesday to wrap up this series?  Aargh!!  I have been re-watching snippets of past moments to tide me over :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4