[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

50 minutes ago, achng said:

Preview of upcoming episode.  So ZM went missing because her dad sent Xuan Ming Er Lao to kidnap her:(

0070naZily1g1yrxbt05ej30u02j1x6r.jpg

awwww! This shows for all these times, he endured it because he didn't want ZM to suffer if nothing would work between them, so he kept push her away...Now, he realized that ZM is the one and determined to marry her...all feelings are out. His love for her is deep too. I think usually when a guy cries because of the girl he loves, it shows that she's the most important person in his life and he loves her so much...more than anything else. :tears::bawling:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

awwww! This shows for all these times, he endured it because he didn't want ZM to suffer if nothing would work between them, so he kept push her away...Now, he realized that ZM is the one and determined to marry her...all feelings are out. His love for her is deep too. I think usually when a guy cries because of the girl he loves, it shows that she's the most important person in his life and he loves her so much...more than anything else. :tears::bawling:

Am i sadist, i feel so happy to see this.

Happy because WJ finally can endure some pain of losing his beloved wife-to-be.

because ZM has been suffering for so long.

it is time for him to suffer abit OOPS

ok hope they reunite soon

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, LaurenPanna said:

Actually, I feel a bit happy too...after all the things ZM has done for him, WJ should feel hurt too. Yet, it's sad because ZM should deserve some lovely dovely moments with WJ to cover all those pains she suffered and allow WJ to show his love more rather than things keep hurting both sides and separation. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@lynne22@Don YuI think the fight always feels short imho there's not many actor/actresses that can do high level wushu anymore, too many wire work and cgi. If you watch Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Donnie Yen, etc when they were young damn they're like dancing when they're fighting, everything just hit right. 

You're damn right. How do you expect current actors who only went to the gym for body building to work some martial arts?

It's good enough that they got the look and willing to do some tough wire work. Joseph is already work hard enough you can find in youtube that senior actors and crews praising him despite his young age. 

If you find someone with martial art background, can they act the feeling? I don't think that easy. Sometimes people need to use their brain before criticizing the drama. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

You're damn right. How do you expect current actors who only went to the gym for body building to work some martial arts?

It's good enough that they got the look and willing to do some tough wire work. Joseph is already work hard enough you can find in youtube that senior actors and crews praising him despite his young age. 

If you find someone with martial art background, can they act the feeling? I don't think that easy. Sometimes people need to use their brain before criticizing the drama. 

Actually I don't understand why there were so many criticism towards Joseph.

For a newbie, he has exceeded our expectation, and i feel that he perform even better than many seniors in terms of acting.

His ZWJ has captured all the essence that is needed. And he nailed all the emotions,

so many touching moments between him and the elders such as Z3F and XX are very well done. At least his protrayal of ZWJ really touched my heart.

9 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Am I the only one who think it’s weird Joseph’s left eye is smaller than the other when he looks down? I don’t know if something was wrong with his eyes in those scene or if they are naturally uneven?

I actually also think that his eyes are abit uneven sometimes

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

You r not. No, this is not enough to satisfy me. I wish ZM is kidnapped to marry the crown prince so WJ has to risk his life to rob the bride. He deserves to be suffer from losing her. Many defended him hurting ZM’s feeling with so many explanation, but many times i got a feeling that her love is too good for him. WJ, i give you 4 eps, show me that i’m wrong.

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, khampoi said:

You r not. No, this is not enough to satisfy me. I wish ZM is kidnapped to marry the crown prince so WJ has to risk his life to rob the bride. He deserves to be suffer from losing her. Many defended him hurting ZM’s feeling with so many explanation, but many times i got a feeling that her love is too good for him. WJ, i give you 4 eps, show me that i’m wrong.

I can't take it that he shouted at her right after he left the wedding. Haha even nearly raise his hands at her, despite she has done so much. Payback time lol

I think there is one more long separation at the end. Stay tuned

I have not watch the latest episode but through all the spoiler posts, I read that he did not tell ZM about the snake island truth right after he got ZZR confession, that's so unfair 

Hahaha 

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Actually I don't understand why there were so many criticism towards Joseph.

For a newbie, he has exceeded our expectation, and i feel that he perform even better than many seniors in terms of acting.

His ZWJ has captured all the essence that is needed. And he nailed all the emotions,

so many touching moments between him and the elders such as Z3F and XX are very well done. At least his protrayal of ZWJ really touched my heart.

I actually also think that his eyes are abit uneven sometimes

I'm not saying Joseph's acting/fighting or any other actors are bad, but to have an exciting fighting scene is whole another thing. I'm also not saying I want them to have ability like Jackie Chan or Sammo Hung since I remembered when they were interviewed about their wushu training by today standard that is child abuse, emotionally and physically. So yeah I rather have a good team of stunt choreographer than that.

24 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I'm not saying Joseph's acting/fighting or any other actors are bad, but to have an exciting fighting scene is whole another thing. I'm also not saying I want them to have ability like Jackie Chan or Sammo Hung since I remembered when they were interviewed about their wushu training by today standard that is child abuse, emotionally and physically. So yeah I rather have a good team of stunt choreographer than that.

yeah I am referring to the C-fans onlines who criticize him hahahaha, not you or any of our members.

In fact, without any Wushu training, he really perform well.

Looking forward to see him in other new series (with ZM too)

hahahahhaha

3 hours ago, achng said:

Preview of upcoming episode.  So ZM went missing because her dad sent Xuan Ming Er Lao to kidnap her:(

0070naZily1g1yrxbt05ej30u02j1x6r.jpg

So ZM is getting kidnapped, then she got stabbed?? By who then if she's already in RYW's camp even if he feels that ZM betray him I don't think he'll let anybody just stab her

And then we will have YYW death

There is also BTS where WJ with the new hairdo is meeting RYW with ZM and FY at the back

Eyebrow painting scene

RYW death

ZM throwing the sword

WJ cutting the throne

WJ trying to find ZM

Geez, they're really going at a breakneck speed aren't they to get all those scenes in 4 episodes

Can I say? I love ZhouDian!

He's wonky and inconsistent, but is a fun character because he loves and hates people with equal passion, switching from one to the other seemingly at random! ;)  One moment he's skipping to see ZM when she first arrives at Ming sect with FY, and the next he's spitting poison about her... and then 10 min later he's back-handedly complimenting her.  ("She's so poisonous and devious, of course she can help us understand the poisonous, devious Chenkun!")

He's half a Shakespearean clown (who tells the truth in a way that makes him seem mad or silly) and half a plot device (to voice people's feelings when no one else would dare to do so) but entirely loveable for all of that!

Edit: When he sneered at the 'false' Shaolin monks "Who're you lookin' at?" as he walks past them I wanted to HUG him! He's just soooo awesome! :)

• Like 2

@achng Thanks for the photos, indeed FINALLY some ZWJ angst rather than ZM angst... about time! :)  All I can say is "Pay back is a b***h!" (Ok, ok I didn't really mean that, I don't want ZWJ to hurt either, but still glad they're not showing us more ZM torment for a difference!)

Oh yes, and I tried to look but couldn't find it in the thread, but remember that people who talking about ZZR not being 'forgiveable' because she chose her own way, and I'm totally with that. (YX speaks great truths)

But it’s almost unfair to critique ZZR for being awed and thrilled by the power of being in charge and having e.g. ZWJ be revered as an Emperor.  She grew up powerless and even in Ermei was bullied, little wonder she craves the power to return the favor. 

ZM grew up a Princess, thousands bowed to her everywhere she went, she frequents the Yuan court,  knows the Yuan Emperor and Crown Prince well, why would ZM be awed or impressed by Wuji as the leader of the rebel Ming sect?  Instead  it isWuji as an earnest, hopeful and selfless (not to mention sweet and good looking! ;) ) man which moves her.

Not that ZZR isn’t responsible (as YX and others here state) for her choices, but you can see why those choices are more tempting for her than for ZM.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

So ZM is getting kidnapped, then she got stabbed?? By who then if she's already in RYW's camp even if he feels that ZM betray him I don't think he'll let anybody just stab her

And then we will have YYW death

There is also BTS where WJ with the new hairdo is meeting RYW with ZM and FY at the back

Eyebrow painting scene

RYW death

ZM throwing the sword

WJ cutting the throne

WJ trying to find ZM

Geez, they're really going at a breakneck speed aren't they to get all those scenes in 4 episodes

Definitely, it's going at breakneck speed because we'll also have a crying at ZM's (fake) grave scene:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4360283743085544

I really hope they are able to fit in everything logically with so few episodes left!  BTW, it says "Husband, ZWJ" on the grave

7e0094edly1g1zxbohjn4j20yi0j97n3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, achng said:

Definitely, it's going at breakneck speed because we'll also have a crying at ZM's (fake) grave scene:

I really hope they are able to fit everything in logically with so few episodes left!

OMG the bloody idiot:scream:

ZM totally getting stabbed because of him (god i hope not)

YYW death also because WJ is grieving for a person that is not dead and he has to hold the enemy line

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, achng said:

I really hope they are able to fit in everything logically with so few episodes left!  BTW, it says "Husband, ZWJ" on the grave

7e0094edly1g1zxbohjn4j20yi0j97n3.jpg

The online community said that this is a marriage certificate lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh boy! Just watched it... and ok, it's totally artificial, but as it turns out I'm a ZWJ-angst sucker... teared up listening to ZWJ's lines! :bawling:

Here's the translation for those who want to know what he says

Spoiler

Minmin you often laugh at me for being stupid, for not being a real general. The military tactics book in Yitian is meant to be a brilliant text, yet even with that Guo Jing and his wife gave their lives to the country, how could I hope to do different?

Minmin, if you were still here with me, you would teach me what to do wouldn't you?  No, no you wouldn't, of course you wouldn't want to see me fight your father.

Minmin, wouldn't you scold me?  All I did was get lucky and learnt some wugong, but military tactics are beyond me

You're right. I am an idiot through and through.  What did I think I was I doing leading an army into battle?  In the end I couldn't defend even you!

Don't worry, when I've done what I need to do, I'll come and keep you company. I wouldn't let you be alone anymore... wait for me.

Ok, try to rewatch the video, listen to the beautiful music, realize this is what Wuji is saying and I DARE you not to cry! 

I totally get it that FY was super frustrated ("Without your order, no one will listen to anyone else, and we're in complete disarray!") and this is just one more nail in the coffin of why-ZWJ-wouldn't-make-a-great-leader. 

Because he's too wonderfully feeling a person.

[Off to go blow my nose and wash my face... ]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2