[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

19 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

I am quite surprised they can look and even linger at each other eyes/gaze so lovingly after the kiss (as they are pulling away from each other faces).  They really gave total performance to be the characters there. Good acting from both young actor/actress.

This is what I like about this version. They look at each other a lot with those lovely, warm feeling. I can’t explain it but you can feel that they (WJ and MM) really care for each other. The script is good, but their acting especially those eyes really stands out and makes the romance in this version really convincing. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

:wub:  Love the little touches... and I'm super curious about whether Yukee and Joseph have done as good job at acting out a romance in other dramas.

Reason is that i want to know whether I should be kowtowing to the director (who I've heard also did a spectacular job with ROCH 2017) or the actors for this level of romantic details.. 

Honestly it's what they don't do, as much as what they do that drives the romantic tension (did someone mention starving the beast?)

The twitch of his hands as he resists holding hers when she touches him hand, the almost kiss, the clench of his fist when she pulls her leg back and he misses it, the curl of her foot as she remembers his hand on it.... gah! The UST (unresolved sexual tension) is killing me (belatedly!)

I haven’t watched roch 2017 but I’m going to say it’s the actors and director for HSDS. But the actors totally nailed it. And I think it has a lot to do with the storyline like with all the UST and the conflict, angst (they love each other but they can’t be each other). All the details and focus with the stares and the hand holding and tear wiping... probably direction of the director. So

kudos. I think it’s super awesome that the fans are able to pick up on so many details. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Except for the first time when he was about to tickle her,  whenever he princess carried her, as ahown on the GIFs,  he tended to slide his arms under her arms. It would pull her closer In his embrace wouldn't it? :sweatingbullets:

If I remembered correctly, when he carried ZR at the earlier episodes (where she almost fell from the cliff as they were looking for herb, if I am not mistaken),  he carried ZR by one hand supporting her upper shoulder but this hand was holding her upper arm instead of hooking his arm around her upper back from under her arms, like what he did with MM on the cave when MM was hurt or when he just went ahead to carry an angry MM). (hope I made sense hahaha) 

倚天屠龙记2019_16_HD_【主演_曾舜晞、陈钰琪、祝绪丹、周海媚】.mp4_002430199.png

24.mp4_001107719.png
34.mp4_001135479.png
38.mp4_001977439.png

I didn't notice that. @chipz03Thank you. I love these small details showing how WJ treat MM differently. :love:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ildiz said:

倚天屠龙记2019_16_HD_【主演_曾舜晞、陈钰琪、祝绪丹、周海媚】.mp4_002430199.png
24.mp4_001107719.png

34.mp4_001135479.png
38.mp4_001977439.png

I didn't notice that. @chipz03Thank you. I love these small details showing how WJ treat MM differently. :love:

Oh, yeah. 3 times he carries her the same way and it is different than he carry ZZR. This WJ is something, just want to be closed to MinMin. haha

WJ also carries ZZR 3 times but on the shoulder only. Only MinMin is under her arm just want to be closer to MinMin. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Just curious for those that read the novels, Out of the three leads of the JY novels, who’s the most powerful or they all about the same? Or is it hard to predict due to the time difference. My sister asked me this the other day and I was like hmmm idk. 

15 hours ago, jackieusa said:

Do you mind give a little synopsis on Take My Brother Away?  Did you like it?  Do you recommend the series?

My take of the story below:

Spoiler

TMBA is about a pair of high school siblings who fight and bicker about everything, but love each other intensely to the point of near codependency. Their father is an alcoholic and their mom is married off elsewhere. It sounds dark, but it is actually VERY happy-go-lucky and sweet. 

It's a complete 180 from HSDS. I thought it was cute and refreshing. An easy watch. Nothing too spectacular or terrible, but I did love all of the characters (although the sister, the female lead, annoyed me a lot). Just some lighthearted fun about what hardships teenagers go through. They are literally all underage characters in this series, so there's really not much romance at all. Like Shi Fen, Joseph's character, is 16 or something like that. But if you are a Joseph fan, I highly recommend it. He is petulant and cocky and funny and a terrible and wonderful big brother and friend all at the same time. :) 

And man, I sure do love all the photographic evidence us fans bring up to support our OTP. In that gif with ZZR, WJ's hands look like they don't even want to be there :DDDDDD haha

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Just curious for those that read the novels, Out of the three leads of the JY novels, who’s the most powerful or they all about the same? Or is it hard to predict due to the time difference. My sister asked me this the other day and I was like hmmm idk. 

For me it's hard to tell. Within the Condor trilogy each of the three male lead has different stregnth. Many people have been debating over this. For me between the three I would say the male from ROCH even with just one arm. But if you compare the three at the same age, maybe WJ is the strongest as teenager, idk. But as they grow older I doubt WJ would continue practicing after leaving with MM. WJ probably just enjoying his life by then. While the other two leads have their stroies written into their adult/getting old, doing wars, getting even better as they aged. But this is only just my opnion, I could be totally wrong lol.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sophiesyc said:

For me it's hard to tell. Within the Condor trilogy each of the three male lead has different stregnth. Many people have been debating over this. For me between the three I would say the male from ROCH even with just one arm. But if you compare the three at the same age, maybe WJ is the strongest as teenager, idk. But as they grow older I doubt WJ would continue practicing after leaving with MM. WJ probably just enjoying his life by then. While the other two leads have their stroies written into their adult/getting old, doing wars, getting even better as they aged. But this is only just my opnion, I could be totally wrong lol.

That makes sense. I was kind of thinking him too because of XLN. She had really good kungfu and their descendant, the yellow dress lady is pretty powerful. 

13 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

That makes sense. I was kind of thinking him too because of XLN. She had really good kungfu and their descendant, the yellow dress lady is pretty powerful. 

WJ probably has the weakest skills on using swords compare to the other two. I feel like most of his skills are on the healing, defensive side not much on attacking compare to the other two. But I would say among the three he’s the luckiest one in getting all of those skillful manuals/books to learn from lol. 

Now i just realize they really making this version of WJ be all patriotism like Guo Jing. Unlike in the novel that in the end he just feels like Ming cult betray him so he left.  That’s why he didn’t leave with MM in this version.  you can tell I’m still bitter over his decision. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, ildiz said:

38.mp4_001977439.png

:relaxed: I do love the princess carry when ZM was angry the most. It was so unexpected when I first watched it, so man WJ, hahaha 

Love these two so much!:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, sophiesyc said:

WJ probably has the weakest skills on using swords compare to the other two. I feel like most of his skills are on the healing, defensive side not much on attacking compare to the other two. But I would say among the three he’s the luckiest one in getting all of those skillful manuals/books to learn from lol. 

Now i just realize they really making this version of WJ be all patriotism like Guo Jing. Unlike in the novel that in the end he just feels like Ming cult betray him so he left.  That’s why he didn’t leave with MM in this version.  you can tell I’m still bitter over his decision. 

I know. I was bitter too. Trust me. I kinda rewrote the ending in my head and pretend that he did leave with her in the end and the scene with her with her dad's corpse didnt happen :phew: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sophiesyc said:

Haha, same here. With Joseph in the new hairstyle and clothing at the end and being so torn between love and state, I got flashes of Hu Ge's Guo Jing in LOCH08. Like a lot. I loved LOCH08, and was kind of mad at GJ for the same reasons I was upset with WJ at the end, but at least LOCH08 had more scenes of climbing snowy mountains to prove GJ's love and for them to make up, something I wish we could have had in this version. Would have made it perfect.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kur4p1k4 said:

:relaxed: I do love the princess carry when ZM was angry the most. It was so unexpected when I first watched it, so man WJ, hahaha 

Love these two so much!:wub:

No borderline between them. He wouldn't dare do this if it was ZZR. Remember in the other version, where he said he hate and love ZM but scare and respect ZZR, I can see that. I love them. They're the best.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deminni said:

Haha, same here. With Joseph in the new hairstyle and clothing at the end and being so torn between love and state, I got flashes of Hu Ge's Guo Jing in LOCH08. Like a lot. I loved LOCH08, and was kind of mad at GJ for the same reasons I was upset with WJ at the end, but at least LOCH08 had more scenes of climbing snowy mountains to prove GJ's love and for them to make up, something I wish we could have had in this version. Would have made it perfect.

33 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

I know. I was bitter too. Trust me. I kinda rewrote the ending in my head and pretend that he did leave her in the end and the scene with her with her dad's corpse didnt happen :phew: 

WJ should be thankful to MM for trying to pull him out of the war madness and just live a normal life far away. It would be sad if in the end WJ and MM have to spend the rest of their lives with war, politics, the never ending drama. At least they get to live their lives peacefully in the end.

Spoiler

Unlike GJ and HR I feel so bad that all of their families have to spend most of their lives fighting and lost their lives in war except for GX. Such a sad ending for their love in ROCH compare to their happy love story in LOCH.

HR really loves GJ who loves fighting for his country. She chooses to stay by his side, thus fighting the war.  I think HSDS gives me a happier  closure. I’m glad MM wants to live peacefully far far away  I just wish WJ would have done the same 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Borderline only in his head but not through his action. His action toward MinMin is opposite of what he said.

He just couldn't stay away, even when she kept telling him to stay away. All he did next were following her, princess carrying her, or almost kissing her lol.

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Actually in one of Jinyong interviews, he ever mentioned that he believe ZWJ is the strongest among all three leads but that was his own beliefs. Readers should also have own interpretation 

2 hours ago, sophiesyc said:

Ya in fact i was also reminded of guo jing that i feel that they should be selected to be guo jing huang rong, if the movie version LOCH will ever exist

Believe yukee can also be a good huang rong 

• Like 1