[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

49 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

They probably filmed it more than once for sure for the different angles. right?

Yes, some c-fans were analyzing like crazy on Weibo because there were some BTS pics where Joseph's hand was on her back instead of her head (which they used in the drama), or mouth was open from one angle but closed from another.  After so many takes, and they still give us an amateur-ish kiss, I guess it was done on purpose^_^  Apparently Joseph had a kissing scene PLUS bed scene in one of his previous dramas (sorry don't know the name), and I heard he gave a more experienced performance there, haha.

35 minutes ago, deminni said:

A bit of a side note, but it's so weird for me seeing Joseph like this when he was such an insolent, but adorable child in Take My Brother Away. Like complete 180. Which to me is so commendable on Joseph's part as an actor because I was kind of watching both dramas at the same time, and I was worried his role in TMBA would make me take WJ's character not as serious, but nope. Joseph made WJ exactly as WJ should be and Joseph's Shi Fen was exactly how SF should be. I never mixed the two characters at all or thought Joseph was just acting, but in a different setting. His range is actually quite broad and impressive for a newbie actor.

Agree, I think a lot of HSDS's success can be attributed to their acting skills.  If you watch their interviews or follow their posts, Joseph is noticeably younger than Yukee in real life (he's 21 whereas she's 26).  But in the drama, it's totally reversed because WJ is two years older than ZM and they were totally into character.  Of course, having good voice actors helped too.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I have the links as I shared before in the past

First, his eyes looking at wife

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4355338659015045

Second, his skills at protecting wife

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4358484139156098

I love it when he looks at her. And when they stare at each other, fireworks and electricity everywhere!

• LOL 1

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This version of ZM/ZWJ seems to have a unexplainable intimacy with each other by themselves and/or in front of other people. An example of that is when they were hiding in the cave as his Wudang uncles talked about their scandalous relationship rumors. He looked at her and she looked at him. Kudos to the actors, cause I've felt an unexplainable intimacy between them in that scene, an understanding that, yes ZWJ knows ZM likes him. Yeah thats part of the reason how he got to rescue the sects so easily. Yes, it's true she has influence on him, Wudang uncles are scared she will use that against him. He has such a longing look in that scene for her. He understands what is and what cannot come of it. And ZM staring back with the same look. This is all the while he still believed she hurt him and his cousin, by the way. Her touching his face to comfort him after finding out the real murderer. Her trying to cover his mouth to keep him from making noise. Him staring back at her. The romantic undertones of that scene. Him lending her his shoulder to sleep on. And being quite content with it as the fire continues to warm them up. Him picking her up cause she was being stubborn. They have all the tell tale signs of being in a full blown relationship.This version of ZWJ knows how to handle ZM. He is her equal. Previous versions of ZWJ just stands there, not knowing what to do or say. This version walks the walk and talks the talk. They criticize each other when circumstances warrants it. They have a silent understanding of the situtation. Both of them just touching each other whenever they feel like it. Their intimacy continues after their kiss. Her just casually treating his wounds in front of the elders with barely any clothes on. Seriously though, side note, something MUST have happened after the rain. Cause given multiple scenes in the past of emphazing men and women should keep their distance, it's odd to see that scene without assuming something happened between them. Did anyone else realize how gentle ZM becomes after they establish their relationship? He asks her to pour tea for his uncles, and she does it. It's quite romantic and endearing to see her gentleness in a way to suggest that ZWJ "tamed" the sassy ZM. He is her equal. It's a contrast from what happened on the boat. ZWJ looked shy and shocked of ZM touching him, tackling him down. Him, being leader of Ming Sect, the best martial arts artist at the time, scared of a little girl half his size. To now holding her hands and kissing her. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, achng said:

Yes, some c-fans were analyzing like crazy on Weibo because there were some BTS pics where Joseph's hand was on her back instead of her head (which they used in the drama), or mouth was open from one angle but closed from another.  After so many takes, and they still give us an amateur-ish kiss, I guess it was done on purpose^_^  Apparently Joseph had a kissing scene PLUS bed scene in one of his previous dramas (sorry don't know the name), and I heard he gave a more experienced performance there, haha.

Agree, I think a lot of HSDS's success can be attributed to their acting skills.  If you watch their interviews or follow their posts, Joseph is noticeably younger than Yukee in real life (he's 21 whereas she's 26).  But in the drama, it's totally reversed because WJ is two years older than ZM and they were totally into character.  Of course, having good voice actors helped too.

OOooo interesting...Yeah I noticed the hand positions too, especially from the stills that were posted awhile back. Well, we would appreciate it if they can release them BTS of the kiss scene *wink wink*

They  both look age appropriate even with the age difference, which is nice. They did a good job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This version of ZM/ZWJ seems to have a unexplainable intimacy with each other by themselves and/or in front of other people. An example of that is when they were hiding in the cave as his Wudang uncles talked about their scandalous relationship rumors. He looked at her and she looked at him. Kudos to the actors, cause I've felt an unexplainable intimacy between them in that scene, an understanding that, yes ZWJ knows ZM likes him. Yeah thats part of the reason how he got to rescue the sects so easily. Yes, it's true she has influence on him, Wudang uncles are scared she will us that against him. He has such a longing look in that scene for her. Understand what is and what cannot come of it. And ZM staring back with the same look. This is all the while he still believed she hurt him and his cousin, by the way. Him lending her his shoulder to sleep on. And being quite content with it as the fire continues to warm them up. Him picking her up cause she was being stubborn. This version of ZWJ knows how to handle ZM. He is her equal. Previous versions of ZWJ just stands there, not knowing what to do or say. This version walks the walk and talks the talk. They criticize each other when circumstances warrants it. They have a silent understanding of the situtation. Their intimacy continues after their kiss. Her just casually treating his wounds in front of the elders with barely any clothes on. Seriously though, side note, something MUST have happened after the rain. Cause given multiple scenes in the past of emphazing men and women should keep their distance, it's odd to see that scene without assuming something happened between them. Did anyone else realize how gentle ZM becomes after they establish their relationship? He asks her to pour tea for his uncles, and she does it. It's quite romantic and endearing to see her gentleness in a way to suggests that ZWJ "tamed" the sassy ZM. He is her equal. It's a contrast from what happened on the boat. ZWJ looked scared and shocked of ZM touching him, tackling him down. To now holding her hands and kissing her. 

100% agree! This is the reason why I love this version so much too. Every time he looks at her, I get the feeling and I don't feel strongly about this in any of the other version. Crazy. The scenes at snake island when he looks at her and the cave scenes are one of my favorites. I also felt that he is also hurting when his uncles would call her "evil witch" this and that and you can totally see the sadness in his eyes. When I watch that scene, oh my heart :(. This is also why I can never validate his love for ZZR in this version (even though I hate some of their scenes together), because obviously he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her and like many of us had said, his actions between ZZR and ZM are completely different.

And yes they are super romantic to each other. I love it that they do it so publicly too. Especially for him. Since, ZM never cared what people thing about her but for WJ, he's always careful around his people like his Uncles. But after the rain scene, he doesn't care anymore. He announced he was going to marry her and the wound scene was gold. His uncles probably know that's the love of his life so nothing they say would be of any use.  Loved it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, achng said:

If you watch their interviews or follow their posts, Joseph is noticeably younger than Yukee in real life (he's 21 whereas she's 26).  But in the drama, it's totally reversed because WJ is two years older than ZM and they were totally into character.  Of course, having good voice actors helped too.

I didn't know their age gap. Wow. HaoJieJie indeed. lol I've never thought MM looks older than ZWJ though. :D:sweatingbullets:

I actually cannot re-watch their kissing scene because of the awkwardness and the poor choppy editing, but I agree that a kiss is better than no kiss. In contrast, I could replay their night scene at the farmhouse a zillion times. After WJ says, "Thank you Min Min", their eyes gazing into each other completely melts by heart. I love how ZM puts her head on his shoulders. Then WJ puts his arms around her, pulls her in closer and smiles. The camera pans out and he kisses her cheek/forehead. SWOON... Another scene I can replay is of WJ making the hairpin. When he was done and ready to gift it to ZM, he had such a cute smile on his face. He seemed so proud of the hairpin (as he should be) and excited to give it to ZM. And it was beautiful to see ZM so happy as WJ put the hairpin on her...as if he had just put a ring on it!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@dramagirlslove Thank you for writing down exactly what's in all our hearts:blush: and why everybody all over the world that have watched it love it so much and can't stop talking about it. I'm waiting for TVB audience to catch up and hopefully Taiwan soon.

I give you my respect

I love your use of the picture!!! And yes to TVb and Taiwan. Let the wave expand. Ok, Ive been a little (Lot) obnoxious on the thread. Going to peace out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

I love your use of the picture!!! And yes to TVb and Taiwan. Let the wave expand. Ok, Ive been a little (Lot) obnoxious on the thread. Going to peace out.

Nah mate, all good. I love all of your enthusiasms:lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Lol... can't believe you guys are still not giving up on making wild imagination for the raining scene, me neither.:sweatingbullets:

Count me in and my imagination too. Something must be happen after that BIG rain, WJ-MinMin totally in LOVE. You can tell during the rain after he yelled at her and hear what she told him why she was standing in rain waiting for him. How can you not throwing away that umbrella.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

58 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This version of ZM/ZWJ seems to have a unexplainable intimacy with each other by themselves and/or in front of other people. An example of that is when they were hiding in the cave as his Wudang uncles talked about their scandalous relationship rumors. He looked at her and she looked at him. Kudos to the actors, cause I've felt an unexplainable intimacy between them in that scene, an understanding that, yes ZWJ knows ZM likes him. Yeah thats part of the reason how he got to rescue the sects so easily. Yes, it's true she has influence on him, Wudang uncles are scared she will use that against him. He has such a longing look in that scene for her. He understands what is and what cannot come of it. And ZM staring back with the same look. This is all the while he still believed she hurt him and his cousin, by the way. Her touching his face to comfort him after finding out the real murderer. Her trying to cover his mouth to keep him from making noise. Him staring back at her. The romantic undertones of that scene. Him lending her his shoulder to sleep on. And being quite content with it as the fire continues to warm them up. Him picking her up cause she was being stubborn. They have all the tell tale signs of being in a full blown relationship.This version of ZWJ knows how to handle ZM. He is her equal. Previous versions of ZWJ just stands there, not knowing what to do or say. This version walks the walk and talks the talk. They criticize each other when circumstances warrants it. They have a silent understanding of the situtation. Both of them just touching each other whenever they feel like it. Their intimacy continues after their kiss. Her just casually treating his wounds in front of the elders with barely any clothes on. Seriously though, side note, something MUST have happened after the rain. Cause given multiple scenes in the past of emphazing men and women should keep their distance, it's odd to see that scene without assuming something happened between them. Did anyone else realize how gentle ZM becomes after they establish their relationship? He asks her to pour tea for his uncles, and she does it. It's quite romantic and endearing to see her gentleness in a way to suggest that ZWJ "tamed" the sassy ZM. He is her equal. It's a contrast from what happened on the boat. ZWJ looked shy and shocked of ZM touching him, tackling him down. Him, being leader of Ming Sect, the best martial arts artist at the time, scared of a little girl half his size. To now holding her hands and kissing her. 

Nice findings 

You really say what were inside my heart all these while, that i can't really put to words. After reading, I feel like ahhh someone understand me!!!! 

Omg i wish i have "WJ-like" Husband. Nowadays i grumble so much about my husband ever since i know Wuji. He need to work hard at it to make me happy now. Lol

Ok joke aside, you know there is one ship scene, to snake island. Minmin handed over the sword to Wuji for him to use when he need to check out what jin hua popo is up to. The Sword is SO LONG, surface area is also BIG. But our dear Wuji, instead of grabbing the sword from any other area of the sword, he choose to partially touch minmin hands while grabbing it over. 

Really is 小淫贼 lol little lecher as ZM claimed

• Like 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

I actually cannot re-watch their kissing scene because of the awkwardness and the poor choppy editing, but I agree that a kiss is better than no kiss. In contrast, I could replay their night scene at the farmhouse a zillion times. After WJ says, "Thank you Min Min", their eyes gazing into each other completely melts by heart. I love how ZM puts her head on his shoulders. Then WJ puts his arms around her, pulls her in closer and smiles. The camera pans out and he kisses her cheek/forehead. SWOON... Another scene I can replay is of WJ making the hairpin. When he was done and ready to gift it to ZM, he had such a cute smile on his face. He seemed so proud of the hairpin (as he should be) and excited to give it to ZM. And it was beautiful to see ZM so happy as WJ put the hairpin on her...as if he had just put a ring on it!

I also repeated those two scenes you mentioned a zIillion times plus the kissing scene.:lol:  I  love the way WJ treated ZM once he make the decision to be with her.   The tone he speak to her are super gentle and sweet. His body language and the warmth in those beautiful eyes. Melting:love:  I remembered in the earlier episodes that ZM complained to WJ that he treated her harsh whereas he treating the other girls gentle.  She requested for equal treatment.  Her wishes come true and more.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Ok joke aside, you know there is one ship scene, to snake island. Minmin handed over the sword to Wuji for him to use when he need to check out what jin hua popo is up to. The Sword is SO LONG, surface area is also BIG. But our dear Wuji, instead of grabbing the sword from any other area of the sword, he choose to partially touch minmin hands while grabbing it over. 

He's been doing that since the 1st time he borrowed it from her to break XZ chain:smirk:

• LOL 3

7 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Nice findings 

You really say what were inside my heart all these while, that i can't really put to words. After reading, I feel like ahhh someone understand me!!!! 

Omg i wish i have "WJ-like" Husband. Nowadays i grumble so much about my husband ever since i know Wuji. He need to work hard at it to make me happy now. Lol

I need to watch that scene again. Yes, but he was shy when MinMin hold his hand.

6 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I also repeated those two scenes you mentioned a zIillion times plus the kissing scene.:lol:  I  love the way WJ treated ZM once he make the decision to be with her.   The tone he speak to her are super gentle and sweet. His body language and the warmth in those beautiful eyes. Melting:love:  I remembered in the earlier episodes that ZM complained to WJ that he treated her harsh whereas he treating the other girls gentle.  She requested for equal treatment.  Her wishes come true and more.

I keep watching the sweeping rice scene, Wuji eyes was something to die for while watching her work, and listening intently at her when she say she is alright and can do labor job. He look worried because he knows she is lying so as not to worry him and delay the journey to save XX. And the porridge!!!! Is it really so sweet?! I must kill my husband if he complain about my cooking again! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I keep watching the sweeping rice scene, Wuji eyes was something to die for while watching her work, and listening intently at her when she say she is alright and can do labor job. He look worried because he knows she is lying so as not to worry him and delay the journey to save XX. And the porridge!!!! Is it really so sweet?! I must kill my husband if he complain about my cooking again! 

The porridge is probably burned and overcooked like ZM stated but is still tasty to him.  Ah..the power of love.:lol: I don't think he ever compliment ZZR's cooking even thought she have good cooking skills.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

26 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

19 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

He's been doing that since the 1st time he borrowed it from her to break XZ chain:smirk:

[video-to-gif output image]

Haha.. He IS 小淫贼.  :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1