[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

Can't wait for tomorrow! If they do a timejump, I just hope that once they meet again, they will soon re-begin their romance, just the same as their first re-meeting after Joon Hee came back from the US. People who say that this drama has no plot to tell, they will soon bite their tounge lol because soon we will be having angsts. Actually I prefer Joon Hee not to have his fringe down. He looks more manly with his fringe up.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.. i also don't care if there is no plot since it's a pleasure for my eyes just to see them hahahahah :D it's also closer to real life experience.. i really wish for happy ending :wub:

Even though this drama hasn't over yet, i'm already having sad thought.. when we'll gonna see SYJ in small screen again :(

Jung Hae In nearly missed this drama...1st he wanted to rest after so many dramas and movies but changed his mind after reading the script (or maybe the cast list too..haha)...2nd he wasnt the 1st choice but others rejected the role....mmm...sound familiar.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/18/jung-hae-ins-agency-reveals-almost-passed-role-pretty-noona-buys-food/

42 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Jung Hae In nearly missed this drama...1st he wanted to rest after so many dramas and movies but changed his mind after reading the script (or maybe the cast list too..haha)...2nd he wasnt the 1st choice but others rejected the role....mmm...sound familiar.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/18/jung-hae-ins-agency-reveals-almost-passed-role-pretty-noona-buys-food/

Oh my.. he nearly missed the role! After so many actors turned down.. guess he's really not the top choice. But he has proven everybody wrong, haha!

I prefer his fringe up too. Fringe down is too kiddy and too typical KPop style. Just rewatched ep6 and I find him extra handsome in the lift with BR & SY. His cheeky smile...

50 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Maybe it is because my love for Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin who act in this drama, but I can not imagine anyone else to play Jin Ah and Joon Hee. Jung Hae In's acting and charisma in the trailers and teasers prior to the broadcast that got me curious to check this drama out. He can balance his acting with the veteran, Son Ye Jin. I am wondering which actors who first got the offers and rejected it. 

One industry insider shared, “Advertising companies are lined up trying to get their ads on ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.’ This is also the first time that there has been this kind of reaction in JTBC history, so they are surprised as well.”

OMG! So happy with this positive reactions. I am grateful that my favorite drama is becoming popular. 

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

New preview still cuts.

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/231779

Yes, the fringe is still up! Lol:wub: 

Not only did Jung Hae In's actor value increase (higher acting fee)...he (or the chars he played) is named by quite a few female celebrities/idols as an ideal guy...haha..but i wont deny probably naming any male idol from boy groups will be problematic.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/04/twices-jungyeon-names-this-actor-as-her-latest-celebrity-crush

Wow...it’s hard to believe several actors turned down the offer to act with goddess SYJ.  Were they even in their right minds? Anyways, I’m glad they did so JHI had this wonderful opportunity and we got to see their perfect match :) I’m also happy the drama is doing extremely well. Hope this will continue. I read somewhere that the will make second season if the rating goes up to 15%. 

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

ouch.. we are happy that he takes the drama!! I cannot imagine other actor takes the role as JH..

Tomorrow's Friday!! I'm happy that netflix episode will finally there and new episode will be there at night.. and Saturday is weekend.. hahahaha..

okay, back to work first.. B)

Hi everyone... Gosh. Last time I logged on to my account was when I was following Songsong couple. Before all the announcements and when it was just rumour... First of all, I want a happy ending. Please PDnim give us a happy ending. My heart won’t be able to take it. I can foresee a break up and that’s already crushing my heart... I’m ok with that as long as there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I love this drama too much.... 

I’m in love with Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In... Their portrayal is so believable and there’s something about them that just feels right reel or real... Last time I ship a couple, well, we know what happened to that. I want these two to be together. I ship the, much more than I ship my last OTP.... So please, in reel and real life, just be couple forever...

Thank you to all the chingus that take their time to translate and provide us update... I hope one day, we can all meet in shippers paradise!!! 

Take care...

Guest 999hearts
20 hours ago, jesskitkat said:

I wonder why many members say its flashback? Are we watching JA & JH not in their current story? Really curious...

JTBC_E02_180331_1080p_NEXT_mp4_snapshot_

I had to download ep 2 in 1080p to get this screenshot. It's very small but it says "25 January 2015". Hopefully it's just an overlooked detail....... :(

There are many cases in this industry...... even you have skills but there's 1 thing very important....

......the .LUCK......

Look, Huyn Bin wasn't the 1rst choice for Secret garden; it was Jang Huyk but he refused !

Gong Yoo wasn't the 1rst choice for Coffee Prince...ect....ect

There's 1 case very very wellknown..............the lead character for ..Pretty Woman !

In the beginning, it was Meg Ryan who had been chosen  bc she was , in that moment, the lovely " sweetheart"

of americans. But she refused bc of a naked scene !

So the production chose .......who you know already right ...........Julia Robert herself hahahaha

and you see the popularity of this movie and for 2 leading  roles ??!

So the LUCK is very important not only in this field but for all of us too !

Hi all,

Happy to be here and especially happy to have this drama grace my screen (multiple times).  Thank goodness we no longer deal with VHS tapes where rewinding umpteen times like I am would really wear out the tape!

What can I say about the main couple? The pairing of Son Ye Jin, veteran actress who I know best from Summer Scent, and Jung Hae In, newer actor who I've only seen in Prison Playbook but acts like he's been around for a long time, is a match made in heaven.  I love, love, love them!  They are doing a fantastic job - so natural, so believable, so beautiful.  They sure got me convinced they're in love.  This is the first drama in a long time that makes my heart all fluttery while watching.  Also the first drama in eons that I've watched each episode over and over again, hungry to catch more details and to see their interactions again.  Kudos to the PDnim and scriptwriter, too, of course.  I'm really enjoying how it's being directed and how natural the script is.  This character-driven drama, in my eyes, is doing everything right.

I've watched the raw of epi's 5 and 6, and it's true I can pretty much understand what's going on, but am still very much looking forward to Eng subs to fill in the gaps.  I can't seem to find the drama on Netflix (I'm in U.S.) - unless I missed that it's not available here.  

Grateful to all who contribute here, and r-e-a-l-l-y grateful for the kind translations offered.  You help us ... remain sane?  Get back to being sane?  Anyway, you help us A LOT!

I hope to post my favorites scenes in the near future.  Until then, quick comments...  I agree...airport not a good sign.  Could it be Joon Hee's work calling in on the "rotation" already?  We already have the fence to climb of family members thinking the notion of the two together as being utterly ridiculous, though I'm not seeing what's so preposterous about a five-ish-year difference.  I know, I know.  Deeply ingrained perceptions don't change overnight.  So it'll take some getting used to.  Like he said, they'll take it on together.

3 hours ago, Jusyed said:

Hi all,

Netflix is supposed to have the subb for the ep 5&6 tomorrow Friday, anyone has idea what time Netflix will update the subbed?

Tq your answer......

Last time when I watched Hwayugi, the notification of new episode from Netflix usually appears when I was in the office. So probably noon in South East Asia then.. sorry if it‘s not helping. It‘s not in the morning before office hour. 

Archived