[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Need more you say @dramaninja ? It's quite alright, I guess men are a bit slow. This is a complete dead give-away. Look at these after the deed breakfast eyes.:wink:

@meechuttso i really love those scene! Jakdoo was uber handsome here and his eyes showed all the love for JS. He gave her water, he pushed the food closer to JS :wub:. And JS's so cute with her shy smile. 

@RobinM Now that you said it, I think that made sense. The camera showing the wooden pillow only wanted to tell us one thing, JD never slept there that night. And hopefully every night afterwards :rolleyes:.

@aloraloralora yes right? He looked super tormented. On episode 12, it's as if I could feel his sadness. He missed SJ so much, especially when he was lying on his bed using SJ's wooden pillow, his hands were holding and touching the pillow :( . Poor JD. 

He looked very happy when he called SJ to tell her he's in Seoul and SJ said she'll be right there to meet him.

But I'm worried about next episode. Will there be angst? On the preview JD asked SJ not to go (not to follow Eric) but SJ seemed to follow Eric anyway. We all know the reason why, she wanted to protect JD, but JD doesnt know, so I'm afraid he'll be brokenhearted then decide to go back to the mountain :( . Then our SJ will just have to woo him again right? But I'm gonna hate that because it will be dragged out. The one thing I like about this drama is that they never let us wait. JD knew SJ was the producer for his documentary, then SJ revealed her feeling to JD, JD admitted he also has the same feeling, they got together, then SJ knew JD's Oh Hyuk, all in earlier episodes. So I wonder what angst will the writers give us next? Please not the separation of my fav couple, I wont be able to stand another week seeing them being apart :unsure:

Enough rambling tonight, I'm going to sleep to dream about JD and SJ now :D

I’m going to talk about pillows in episodes 11 and 12.

First of all, the first evening HSJ slept on the little cot in the room using OJD’s wooden pillow, the one from his grandpa. He let her use his precious heirloom pillow. Correct?

After the nightmare, OJD spread a poncho like thingy outside the window next to the cot. Beds side by side, separated by a wall. What was that he put at the place where the pillow should be, a roll of toilet paper?!! *rubs eyes* Did I see it wrongly? If so, this is his second creative use of the toilet roll.

Now the new wooden pillow he’s making for HSJ.. has a leaf imprint. Any special symbolism? The 3 legged bird is grandpa’s symbol. This leaf is OJD’s? Maybe he will make his own line of leaf symbol gayageums. :D

Now let’s move to the scene after kiss, the famous much-discussed pillow left untouched for the night.. Now I look closely, that’s the same wooden pillow made by OJD for HSJ albeit with more layers of lacquer, perhaps already 7 layers and final drying? It was left overnight at the spot that OJD had put his makeshift bed. Hmmm.. 

After HSJ discovers the gayageum room, she’s moping around in the hut. She particularly stared at her wooden pillow, obviously in use and resting at the side of her cot. I imagine in her heart, she’s thinking about how the master gayageum craftsman painstakingly made her a custom pillow, just for her. All 7 layers of love lacquered and 7 days of patience and drying. 

Pillow talk.. till next time... :ph34r:

PS: Side track a little.. Did OJD make so much gayageum progress in the one month the OTP was apart? I counted 3 complete ones leaning on the side and 2 smoothened slabs on the table. Wasn’t it mentioned that he gives only one gayageum away a year to a promising young musician? He must really have buried himself with work, work, work trying to forget, forget, forget. :wacko:

It’s incredible how a good spark of chemistry between two actors can make a drama worthwhile.. you can swallow whatever they throw at you just for a couple of OTP moments. Even with little or no skinship..

Not complaining about anything, just comparing how much I tried to love Hwayugi and never got into it. Im sure the actors are great, but chemistry just did not work for me. Oh Jak Do clicked from the very beginning, at first it was just natural pure kdrama enjoyment, and then it turned into thirst for our couple development and pure investment in the show. Thats chemistry for me and it just happens, or not.

10 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Question: Can OJD play proficiently as well or just craft them?  And did they ever say what happened to his parents ?

From what I remember he can play it and he taught EJ how to do it.

Parents, I dont Know..

Went to Jeju in Feb. My first time in Korea ever. Liked to buy snacks from the convenience store like what you see in dramas right? While hunting for chewing gum, came across this snack stored on the same shelf as the gum. Only Korean words. Thought it might be some traditional Korean flavoured gum and bought one. Was still thinking if it might be ginseng flavour. Guess what, never ate the snack and it flew home with me. Left it in my kitchen to be consumed someday I felt brave. Today I happened to spot it when I was grabbing a drink. It felt strangely familiar. What was it about this box? Could it be??? Could it really be??

2uoUN0C.jpg

I googled 연양갱 english
to be sure...

Oh my!!!

Nearly fell off my chair.. 

:blink:

KKW the Guardian... 

KKW singing...

PS: tried to edit but it keeps nesting one spoiler inside another. I don’t know how to separate them 

9 hours ago, aloraloralora said:

I googled 연양갱 english
to be sure...

9 hours ago, aloraloralora said:

Nearly fell off my chair.. 

:blink:

LoL your post made me stop what I was doing just to reply @aloraloralora.

연양갱 (Yun Yang Gang) is a variant of Chinese 'candy', 양갱 (Yang Gang), which used to be made from lamb's blood and meat :vicx: (the 'Yang' is lamb in Korean or Chinese). But the modern ones are more like candies, and you can make them yourself at home. Like this Green Tea YangGang - http://www.menupan.com/Cook/CookQna/CookQna_view.asp?id=20402 you can see the pics at the bottom of the recipe.

Spoiler

Here's a very funny video in which Yun YangGang (4 min to 6:15 mark) is definitely the highlight. So if you haven't already eaten it,  @aloraloralora you might want to watch it first.:phew: You know, to increase your appetite even more. The one that Seung-Joo buys at the dimestore that Jak-Doo pays for from the cash in the wallet she had given him :lol: in episode 11 was called 영양갱 (Young Yang Gang) which is a play on the first two syllables to put the word 영양 (nutrition) in it, to market it as some kind of healthy snack probably, coz the natural man Jak-Doo can't have anything less than absolutely healthy. There are many different kinds.:wub: (Full disclaimer: I'm kind of not a fan of this 'candy' ever since childhood.)

http://cfile226.uf.daum.net/image/99F66B405ACEF9440157C2

99F66B405ACEF9440157C2:innocent::kiss_wink::love::naughty::scream:

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1468737

or http://blog.daum.net/nasiailbo/5632

Are you a 'Jak-Doo-holic' ? That's what this and other articles are calling some of us. :ph34r:

배우 김강우가 MBC ‘데릴남편 오작두’에서 자연인 오작두를 섬세하게 연기하며 시청자들을 ‘작두 홀릭’으로 만들었다는 평을 받고 있다.

Actor KKW in MBC's MHOJD portraying sensitively ('detailed') natural man OJD, is credited with having made 'Jak-Doo-Holic' out of viewers.

김강우는 ‘데릴남편 오작두’에서 열연하며 “인생작을 만났다” “인생 캐릭터를 만났다”는 평을 이끌어냈다. 

KKW's hard work in MHOJD is leading to reviews calling it "Work of His Life" and "Role of a Lifetime" . B)

I guess after Ep 11, 12 and the heated "did they do it on the floor or on the cot or just once at night or all day long with the hen and the rooster chasing them all around the hut?" debate has died down, and all the wooden pillow talk is over, and we're only half way through the 24 eps, maybe this is half time and we're all busy out at the store stocking up on healthy young snacks so that we won't miss a second of the second half not sleeping on that pillow action - is this why it's so quiet here now? Or we all lose interest because the on screen action is too tame and requires too much imagination on our part? :sweatingbullets:

If I'm not mistaken, this hard work on Seung-Joo's part to prepare Jak-Doo his meal was wasted. Jak-Doo didn't eat it. :(

Look, I found a Jak-Doo-Holic! :joy:

@aloraloralora another great find ! Thank you. OJD, he's too cool to sing so he just raps. Except in 1998 lip sync wasn't a requirement if you have KKW's looks and can move a little. :lol:

And did you all notice the lead singer? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Hyun-jae

Spoiler

When Hyuk (Jak-Doo minus the hicky accent) talks to Eun-Jo with his yankee accent but in a very kind and gentle manner, I just loved the way he spoke in this scene. I thought I really preferred his Cholla-Do hicky accent the way he talks to Seung-Joo, but after this scene, I can't wait to see him talk to Seung-Joo and 'make love' to her in his real Hyuk voice too - and watch Seung-Joo's reaction to his tender voice and manner of speaking. I think the writer-nim is getting Seung-Joo and us ready for that moment, now that she knows what else was the thing that granny was referring to, that there was much more of than meets the eye, with oori (our) Jak-Doo. :love:

I thought I was done, but I'm not. This Indonesian(?) IG fan isn't done. She's awesome finding all these KKW clips!

Putting the last 3 on another separate post so they don't get buried by mods.

I didn't know he had 2 kids! Lucky wife! On second thouht, generous wife. :scream:

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

- is this why it's so quiet here now? Or we all lose interest because the on screen action is too tame and requires too much imagination on our part?

Married or not, Im honestly waiting for a good kiss, thats all I ask for. With the good ratings and reviews they are getting, they should deliver some fan service :heart:

As per ‘they did it or not ‘ question. Obviously yes, no need for confirmation, two willing consenting adults, married and confined in a cabin for a month or so... I dont even need a fading out or an image of a wooden pillow :tongue: 

Please no unnecessary noble idiocy or angst, that would really put me off watching the show that so far has been great with the pacing

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Actor KKW in MBC's MHOJD portraying sensitively ('detailed') natural man OJD, is credited with having made 'Jak-Doo-Holic' out of viewers.

And I’m dying!!!! No truer words were ever spoken! :D

The good things is we will be able to meet each other when this drama is over and we are all in Rehab!!:ph34r:

my 2 favorite lines Episode 11-going in for the kiss JD tells SJ to stop talking (swoon)

Episode 12-when JD tells EJ he wants to be with her, referring to SJ

Closing in on the weekend- Hope these episodes have our couple growing closer and closer:wub:

17 hours ago, RobinM said:

And did they ever say what happened to his parents ?

there was no mention of mother but in one of the work meetings when seung joo was gathering research, it was mentioned that the grandfather had one son who sort of became wayward and died in an accident. so the grandfather basically hid the grandson so that he won't be corrupted and the gagyageum making skills can be passed on... got the impression that the son who died perhaps wasn't interested because he got caught up in city life and that was one reason, the grandfather moved to the country or something.. if I am remembering wrong, please correct me chingus.

@meechuttso I know right, the Indonesian IG fan is so awesome at tracking down KKW pics and videos. She has got most of episodes 11-12 in subbed images. All the best scenes and conversations! Keeps our week occupied between episodes and definitely keeps up our interest for what’s to come. All credits to her!

I had to un-bury this video, which was hidden in my double nesting boo-boo. 

Apparently KKW does sing. He must have progressed from just rapping in the 12 years that followed. He sounds good to me. What is he singing though.. I mean the lyrics.

EDIT:

Another KKW song (2014).

Spoiler

KKW acted in a stage play Hamlet in 2016. Check out KKW thread:

Spoiler

23 hours ago, gusanito said:

Married or not, Im honestly waiting for a good kiss, thats all I ask for. With the good ratings and reviews they are getting, they should deliver some fan service :heart:

Now there's someone with the right priorities! :tongue:

22 hours ago, chardonnay said:

The good things is we will be able to meet each other when this drama is over and we are all in Rehab!!:ph34r:

Eek, your idea of a purgatory? :crazy:

18 hours ago, aloraloralora said:

I know right, the Indonesian IG fan is so awesome at tracking down KKW pics and videos. She has got most of episodes 11-12 in subbed images. All the best scenes and conversations! Keeps our week occupied between episodes and definitely keeps up our interest for what’s to come. All credits to her!

Oh my, there's bunch more new ones!!

This one takes the cake, though!!!!:lol: I had no idea Uee goes that far back. She very lucky girl. I'm jelly.:love:

This one's borderline troubling. LoooLL. The joke's on us!! :grimace:

MH OJD is a reunion drama! Who here knew? I feel so played watching all these middle age ajussis in MHOJD ogling Uee here then show up 9 years later together! Who here knew?

"Disturbing" on screen flash animation captions on this clip. :astonished:

Se-Mi's husband at Uee : "She's totally Pretty!"

Uee at the men: "They're totally suave" ( = hot in 2018 lingo )

She looks so young with her plump cheeks & her tongue sticking out seemingly uncontrollably it almost looks like exploitation. I actually prefer the OJD Uee now.:tears:

But if you watch these old KKW Uee clips, one does get a feel that maybe she might have been wishful to have been paired up w KKW instead in this "We Got Married" series. Does add a new dimension to MHOJD and spices it up a bit! :naughty:

More IG goodies...

Oh no! JEJ has already exposed OH to EC?! See OJD is wearing the same outfit from episode 12. That means HSJ was trying to meet EC but somehow he was waylaid by JEJ to go see OH! 

What do you think? Will OJD agree to expose himself because he is motivated to help HSJ in her job? It looks like OH’s loan from EC’s father came up with the agreement for OH to make gayageums for the company. Why did he hide then? Please let the OTP be transparent to each other and work things out together.

@meechuttso thank you so much for the clip on Korean sweets. I had such a blast watching that. Wish I had seen this before my trip so I could have gotten myself a good haul of goodies. Their clip on ramyeon is just as hilarious. :wub:

Yes, Uee & KKW do go back a long way! Stills of that time.

Spoiler

This one looks so cute tho I don’t know what they are talking about.

They met at MAMA 2016 HK too.

Archived