[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

3 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Oh Jak Doo is a perfect example of a husband. My husband of 17 years cannot remember which noodles I like with my soup noodles even though I have eaten the same thing for years.

LOL.. thanks for reminding us that only dramaland ajusshis are so perfect. hahahaha.... :lol:

58 minutes ago, triplem said:

Aigoooooo from romance to bromance now...this terrible sense of style is Eric's flamboyant taste at work ( but this stylist does have a sense of humour.  Don't forget the yellow "Kill-Bill" couple jumpsuits....:lol:)

hahahha.... actually I was watching switch yesterday and noticed the villain is also doing this flamboyant taste with multiple prints and even flowers in his suit lapel. thought because the villain is an art dealer (who is a drug pin by night), his taste is like that... but perhaps, that is the current trend in korea now? who knows, maybe your hubby will soon be wearing such suits as well! hahahaha.....

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, triplem said:

Mountain man appreciation post....who needs a knife when you can split apples like this! :wub:

Actually I think many girls in Korea take pride in being able to do it. Over there it's a thing.:rolleyes:

And now, it's that time again for more gifs no one else may care for. Or illustrated beginner Korean essentials*** lesson #??? - in 3 easy to grasp panels. B) Follow along now...

tumblr_p77x99Qu2d1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p77x99Qu2d1valxs7o8_500.gif

tumblr_p77x99Qu2d1valxs7o7_500.gif

But these absolutely precious to me. This drama and this couple might have already become the all time favorites of mine based solely on this heated Lovers' Exchange. :crazy:

***Disclaimer - Jak-Doo's 'gree-yo' is a total country bumpkin accented version of 그랳요, so don't look for it in a dictionary.

tumblr_p77x99Qu2d1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

Calling professor @baduy to share with me in my complete joy over finding the one k-drama character who spoke in the rare exact inflection of the word 'crazy' that I @meechuttso am named after - about which @baduy had kindly spent time to expound in another forum thread. That this character who calls me out should be Kim Kang-Woo in the role of Oh Hyuk / Oh Jak-Doo, well... my life is complete. :expressionless:

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Aigoooooo from romance to bromance now...this terrible sense of style is Eric's flamboyant taste at work ( but this stylist does have a sense of humour.  Don't forget the yellow "Kill-Bill" couple jumpsuits....:lol:)

Hahaha.. I wanted to say the same thing that it’s Eric who dressed him up. :lol:

Bitter sweet episode in a sense - I shed  some tears during the break-up talk. But given their love for each other this separation will be temporary. I think what both will learn in the coming episodes is that you can choose to remain true to who you are and how you feel regardless of how your outward appearance and circumstances may change.

Thank you.. I’m looking forward to the OTP working things out together again.. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Mountain man appreciation post....who needs a knife when you can split apples like this! :wub:

4 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Actually I think many girls in Korea take pride in being able to do it. Over there it's a thing.:rolleyes:

Fascinating! This must be similar to the way I’ve seen folks in Taiwan and Korea splitting oranges with their bare hands. I’ve not seen it for apples as it probably wasn’t apple season.

And now, it's that time again for more gifs no one else may care for. Or illustrated beginner Korean essentials*** lesson #??? - in 3 easy to grasp panels. B) Follow along now...

But these absolutely precious to me. This drama and this couple might have already become the all time favorites of mine based solely on this heated Lovers' Exchange. :crazy:

***Disclaimer - Jak-Doo's 'gree-yo' is a total country bumpkin accented version of 그랳요, so don't look for it in a dictionary.

@meechuttso thank you for sharing your expertise in the Korean languages and the country accent.. without you, we would never understand or appreciate this. As I was watching the gif, I was thinking how similar it was to your name..and no wonder you are so elated! :D OJD gargling.. that’s just so OJD.

@triplem thank you too for sharing your thoughts on the country accent showing OJD’s pure and sincere. Really appreciate as these are the bonuses that come from those who truly understand the language. I didn’t work hard enough in Korean class, and hardly understand much of drama other than very obvious phrases. KKW is indeed a versatile and accomplished actor! How fortunate we are that he does drama and not just movies.

I still dont get why they had to part ways when jakdoo decided to be oh hyuk. Huhu. 

And SJ's mum and bro needs to stop pestering SJ. Her brother is awful despite his friendly demeanor. Easily investing money he doesnt have and asking his sister to bail him out of the mess he made, knowing she will help him regardless. Her mum is just awful. I dont understand why she suggested to go by the law for the mountain deed? It belongs to SJ, what does the mum expect to obtain by bringing this issue to court? :ph34r:

Spoiler

Unrelated to this drama but related to uee.

I decided to watch marriage contract when i saw how good uee is in MHOJD. Marriage contract was a great watch. In fact, I rewatched several eps, i'm basicly stuck in this drama. Haha. Uee and lee seo jin brought their A-game. And their daughter was awesome too. The storyline was quite common, but the way it was presented and the casts potrayal of the characters made it seem realistic and fresh (the main cast were great, the villains were ok-ish). I even think Uee was so engrosed in her character that maybe some of her scenes in the drama were adlibs.

One word ... Seung Joo's mother and younger brother is awful as family members. Even Jak Doo told her mother once that he is sad that Seung Joo had such bad mother. She is forever telling Seung Joo that she does not need her money but when trouble strike, Seung Joo is their money tree again.

Back to Jak Doo, just loved the way he nipped Eric Cho's in the bud about his feelings for Seung Joo. If he has any feelings to stop those feelings, if he is thinking about it, don't even start having those feelings.

Seung Joo dealt with Eun Joo by telling her that Jak Doo is "not available".

I have made the decision to wait and marathon the rest of the show when its finished. I know it is going to be torture but Im so in love with it, I’m sure to enjoy it a lot more when I have 12 episodes to go and some popcorn handy :wink:

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The death of SR has not been solved as they have not discovered that IP abandoned SR, while she was pregnant. The father's identity has not been discovered by SJ. 

Yeah, but when JD, said that the kid's father was a good man, I was telling the screen, Nope, he isn't kid. I'm sorry. 'cause his biofather is pretty terrible. His adoptive/step father, though a little messed up at least did what he did for some sort of moralistic reasons. That kid is going to turn into a K-drama male lead some day... (I mean the character). Probably a makjang one at that. The Darker past of our lead male hero... bio father led mother to suicide, step father murdered the wrong person in revenge... just need a female lead to accept those wounds as he visits his step father in prison.

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I still dont get why they had to part ways when jakdoo decided to be oh hyuk. Huhu. 

And SJ's mum and bro needs to stop pestering SJ. Her brother is awful despite his friendly demeanor. Easily investing money he doesnt have and asking his sister to bail him out of the mess he made, knowing she will help him regardless. Her mum is just awful. I dont understand why she suggested to go by the law for the mountain deed? It belongs to SJ, what does the mum expect to obtain by bringing this issue to court? :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

I decided to watch marriage contract when i saw how good uee is in MHOJD. Marriage contract was a great watch. In fact, I rewatched several eps, i'm basicly stuck in this drama. Haha. Uee and lee seo jin brought their A-game. And their daughter was awesome too. The storyline was quite common, but the way it was presented and the casts potrayal of the characters made it seem realistic and fresh (the main cast were great, the villains were ok-ish). I even think Uee was so engrosed in her character that maybe some of her scenes in the drama were adlibs.

I think part of it is that she knows he has to give up the mountain. She's also pretty pissed off that she's been trying to protect him all that time and working hard, tanking her career and then voila, he decides to be Oh Hyuk. Oh Hyuk isn't a mountain man, he's a city man that would have to join a huge company to make gayageum. She knows as much because she was told as much and put it together.

The set up, though, reminds me of the O. Henry story of Gift of the Magi, a bit. Neither of them are particularly winning, but I kinda feel like neither are really communicating too, and they need to fix that.

What I'd really like is that they find life/work balance between the country and the city, you know?

Usually in Korean families (not sure if you know this) money is pooled together in a sort of co-op type of thing. So children are supposed to give money to their parents, and so on, and then the family, in a functional way decides *together* to make investments. (If you watch Annyeonghaseyo/Hello Counselor, you'll see where this fails to work and occasionally where it does work.) So her mother is expecting that out of Seung Joo, but I think if Seung Joo made a new Hojuk, her mother wouldn't have any claims to the money. (It's risky since often this means cutting ties to everything--as in your family history.) As long as Seung Joo is on the Hojuk, though, she's going to have her mother after her. This is also part of the reason that her mother was worried about her legit getting married too... 'cause if she goes onto someone else's Hojuk, she has less ties and can't financially ask for as much.

Personally, I wish the mother would go out and get a _blank_ job. I mean even selling minor wares wouldn't be that bad. Teach her some humility for once. At this point SJ is only enabling her mother and brother and that's not healthy for anybody.

Eric to JD “I will make you a trendy man”

Me “What a disaster” :o “but I forgive you, cause you’re funny” :D

JD does looks nice in that suit, but it could have been so much better

19 minutes ago, imroma said:

Oh Jak Doo/KIm Kang Woo's gorgeous looks were wasted on that gosh awful "stylish" ensemble put together by Eric.  I guess it's a matter of taste which Eric has and doesn't have.  Eric likes flash and attention and a smart and classic suit for Oh Jak Doo would have presented a more credible Oh Hyuk as a stellar craftsman deserving of awe and honor.  But who knows....

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Seung Joo was desperate to stop Jak Doo from revealing his identity and she had to hurt him where he was vulnerable.  Hence, she tossed his precious ring and parted ways.  Jak Doo, in his desperation to help Seung Joo, knew only one weapon to protect her, his self-sacrifice.  Both are noble and loving efforts and his choice would be more effective but the consequences would be dire.

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

Jak Doo shines in anything he wears even in a clown suit by Eric.

2 hours ago, imroma said:

I think they made sure he didn't shave on purpose. I'm not a man (nor have the issue Kang Seo Jin has in Waikiki), but I am Korean and I've heard of Korean men getting laser hair removal to remove facial hair... so the fact he didn't shave in a timely fashion still shows his country roots.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0rckUlAEtDZfkDcm8Q_Mimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT88LrScZ0we_fpi9eJV_Simages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6ubDeZSO1aasg6BVIDiG

I fell in love with you, all the simplicity I could feel and see.  Through you who changed my heart and life from the person I use to be.  You say you want to ease my suffering and pain by giving them something that means more to me than a mountain or memories in a home.  You sold yourself cheaply for your happiness meant more to me than you could ever know.  We could have lived free just you and me and the name I know is truly you.  If you believe I can be happy with your paying such a high price you see.  Than you don't know my heart or how precious that name is to me...  Maybe in the mind of SJ

It's hard to watch this OTP both willing to give up everything for the other and yet neither of them realizing the price being paid is much to costly.  Love is wanting happiness for the other person it's about wanting to protect and yet in doing so they destroy the very thing that drew them to each other in the first place.  JD says who he is and what his grandfather taught him is forever in his heart. And I know that his sight and heart are focused on protecting the one person he loves even more than himself and his simple life of happiness...

The greatest gift of love is giving all that you have for the person who gives you the courage to be all that you are...:heart:

Although that may be true but what SJ is fighting for and reminds me of her on the ground earlier holding onto his legs.  She is fighting for his happiness in being able to just be free to be himself.  She understands the changes that will take place and that he will from that moment be living in a fishbowl with people pulling him in every direction for that is the truth of fame and there is no going back once he opens that pandora's box.  I hurt for her and I get angry at her family for costing her something so precious without even caring or understanding.  For how can they when they forever have only seen or cared about themselves...:angry:

4 hours ago, cheremaman said:

Seung Joo was desperate to stop Jak Doo from revealing his identity and she had to hurt him where he was vulnerable.  Hence, she tossed his precious ring and parted ways.  Jak Doo, in his desperation to help Seung Joo, knew only one weapon to protect her, his self-sacrifice.  Both are noble and loving efforts and his choice would be more effective but the consequences would be dire.

Is there any chance that the tables will be turned? I’m hoping.. At this point, the only way is for Eric to step back and keep OH as a mystery to the world. OH can very well continue to work for Eric to pass on his gayageum making skills. Just hoping Eric will have compassion for the OTP, he will realise how big the sacrifice is they are making for each other.. how precious it is for them living that simple, quiet life in the mountains :tears: 

So I've watched ep 13 and 14. And I was brokenhearted (at first).

Okay, the happy part first. I've said over and over again, I thought JD's love to SJ wasnt as big as SJ to JD. But this episode, wow. Did you see JD's uneasy face when SJ went with Eric at the beginning of the ep? My heart went "wee" when SJ asked him, what's he doing in Seoul, and JD answered because he missed her :rolleyes:

Then he went to where Eric took SJ, said things like "I know what you must be feeling for her. If you've started, just stop. If you havent, dont even think about starting it." Waaah, I never thought our JD could be that harsh but then again, when you knew a man had interest on your woman, of course that would be the reaction you had. 

I also love how whenever SJ told him to go back to the mountain, hesaid "Let's go back together.", when SJ told him to take her credit card and he said, "Why would I do that, I'll be soon going back to the mountain with you." or even when he said, "Let's sell the house." (because obviously he thought SJ will just live with him on the mountain and he didn't want SJ's house in Seoul as escape place for his wife :D). So in another words, we could say that our JD didnt want to go back to the mountain alone, he wanted to make sure SJ came home with him, and he never wanted to be alone again in the mountain, even for short time; right? :wub:

Then the sad part. It's so sad that these two did everything for each other, but end up got hurt. SJ was protecting JD, and JD was 'selling himself to Eric' so that he could help SJ. 

I was brokenhearted at first when our lovely couple broke up and separated, but then realized this could be very exciting. So what will SJ do, now that JD/OH is back into her life? What will JD/OH do? Will he try to woo her back (because obviously like @meechuttso said, he's blind to anyone but SJ?)

I'm also curious how they're going to play this Oh Hyuk thing. I'm imagining things like, how, for the sake of the documentary, Oh Hyuk will be paired with Eun Joo, because what's more beautiful than the lovestory between gayageum player and gayageum maker (moreover they were actually a real couple before, Oh Hyuk was EJ's first love and vice versa).

Angst, angst, and more angst, no? I'm one for angst, but really, I'm just hoping that our couple will get back together soon. I want their lovey dovey scene together :wub:

OST5 with many scenes from ep 14.

@Kimchi Sweet Potato had already covered this with her own clips I think.:rolleyes:

So many beautiful scenes still missing from this past weekend here. Will have to work on capturing more.:phew:

To me, I am enjoying this drama, very simply almost like a child would enjoy a bedtime story.:w00t:

I can quote you a long twitter rant in korean from someone who hates all the silly insane characters like Seung-Joo's former tenants, her criminal brother (who seems to have knocked up Semi's sis in-law and SJ coworker from ep15 preview btw) etc, but I won't becoz somehow none of these evil caricatures matter to me. The crazy murderer with the biiig misunderstanding is done with, and he served the purpose of bringing the story where we are. Of course the bro had to be in $300k debt yet once more in no time flat so that SJ and Jak-Doo are in a situation to give up what's most precious to each becoz otherwise we won't learn the actual limits of their true love, the action that proves what we think is already on their hearts. If not, instead we 'd just have an increasingly sexy couple that's beautiful to look at on screen. What? What's wrong with that, you say? Ha ha good point. Nothing wrong with pure eye candy dramas. But although I didn't watch any of it, wasn't Uee in one of those recently?

So for me, somehow from the very first episode the writer had me on this storyline. And this couple, the OTP. The writer and director seemed to know instinctively to use humor and plot hints to keep the focus on the OTP and their storyline without making me lose interest becoz of the sideshow. So for me to complain about SJ's evil mother is like saying that poor Elmer Fudd should not be treated so poorly by Bugs Bunny and portrayed so one dimensionally, or that Yosemite Sam shouldn't get blown up frequently setting traps for Roadruunner. :)

This is a simple story about sympathetic characters who are not simple, but told fairly simply with use of repeated scenes and tropes, like the balcony of SJ's house where she looks down from at OJD, then as she drives off, he stands looking, etc. These simple scenes, natural and  shown repeatedly not unlike a children's book, goes well with the story of the natural man who had chosen to live as the gayageum master with all that that lonely life demands of him.

I like the not so obvious and blatant product placement by mbc here in this drama. When Seung-Joo is supposed to be a dirt spoon (poor background) nothing she does or wears sticks out as inconsistent with that. Jak-Doo fashion is also modest as it should be. This is in contrast with a kbs drama where the integrity of the story was somewhat compromised by the haute couture-dressed dirt spoon weekly (although by my fave actress so I couldn't complain about that tooo much - this pressure to monetize on the ratings really made the story unbearable for me). The only product placement here seems to be Yang Gang bars, but that too is used with some purpose without looking ridiculous every time it shows up. SJ also downplays its product value by knocking her own acquired taste for such a hicky flavored old fashioned snack and old songs that Jak-Doo had introduced to her.***

So it all just works. This small love story, yes very much reminiscent of Gift of the Magi as pointed out above by  @Kim Yunmi and also by myself last week, is told in so many beautiful little detailed ways, in the phrasings and little fleeting expressions on the actors' faces, and we can all add much more to each scene with our own imaginations and wishes based on our own happy and not so happy past experiences and present situations. So that's why not a scene here in this drama is wasted for me, coz I am falling in love with the story as it's being told. :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_p6tvw4Nqs91valxs7o7_r1_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p6tvw4Nqs91valxs7o5_r1_500.gif

I am banking on Mountain Man Jak-Doo's irrevocable love proclamation here to carry me thru next weekend.:grimace:

*** More examples of what makes audiences fall for this writer's dialog. From an OJD tweet.

데릴남편 오작두 보는데 방금 띵언들었다

할머니들이 남자한테

암만 남자가 못났어도 남자가 하늘이고 여자는 땅인데 너 중요한지 모르고 막대한다고 했더니

남편이 하늘은 공짜고 요새 땅값이 얼마나 비싼데 여자가 훠어어어얼씬 중하다고.

크으 방금 드라마보면서 반함:joy::joy:

In the canary yellow couple outfit ramen eating scene with the 3 grannies, when SJ steps out the grannies chide JD saying he's too much of a pushover to his wife, that "no matter how stupid or lacking a man, in a marriage the man is as the heaven and the woman is the earth" , in their folksy country chauvinistic wisdom they were brought up in, to which Jak-Doo quickly retorts, "why, heaven is for free (without cost) while the land prices are sky high nowadays so the landowner the woman is wwway more important". All this told with the sweet, nutty, folksy southern accent of Jak-Doo, it's hard not to fall for him and this drama and this writer and her lines.

tumblr_p782s9P1wj1valxs7o4_500.gif

Ah yes, the aforementioned balcony where, among other things,  shampoo commercials are also made. :wink: And just in case Jak-Doo gets too big for his fancy new Eric Jo fashion britches and needs a reminder.:phew:

OK, story wise I understand that we need that separation when we passed halfway through the drama. But logically, it doesn’t fit with me the reason they ended things. Even if JD became a city man, what’s wrong with it? She could stay in Seoul and keep the job she likes. Well, the story was predictable and simple from the start so I shouldn’t be complaining, I’m here for lovely UEE and KKW. Luckily as a couple they have really great chemistry so it does salvage the weaker parts of the show.

I hope they’ put him in a simpler suit next time, his too patterned suit hurt my eyes the more I looked at it!

BTW do you think there could be a potential bromance between Jak Doo (well I should refer to him as Hyuk from now on) and Eric? I like Eric despite all his crazy antics :) I’d be nice to see them bond as they’re living together. For Hyuk to see that Eric is doing all those things not only for money and for Eric to appreciate Hyuk as a person, not as a tool.

On 16/04/2018 at 9:16 AM, nunuloh84 said:

So in another words, we could say that our JD didnt want to go back to the mountain alone, he wanted to make sure SJ came home with him, and he never wanted to be alone again in the mountain, even for short time; right? :wub:

I agree. His mountain will never be the same again without HSJ by his side. So he is waiting for HSJ to go back to the mountain with him. I tend to believe this is what they will do when all has been said and done.:D They will need to expand things a bit tho, extend the house and get a bigger cot! 

Then the sad part. It's so sad that these two did everything for each other, but end up got hurt. SJ was protecting JD, and JD was 'selling himself to Eric' so that he could help SJ. 

This makes my heart ache. Telling myself we just have to get through this sad part before they reunite and soon!

I was brokenhearted at first when our lovely couple broke up and separated, but then realized this could be very exciting. So what will SJ do, now that JD/OH is back into her life? What will JD/OH do? Will he try to woo her back (because obviously like @meechuttso said, he's blind to anyone but SJ?)

Of course OJD will! He’s just bearing with this phase of separation to help HSJ tide over her financial woes. He came to Seoul because he misses her, following almost immediately after she left, he could not even wait! He couldn’t stand her leaving with EC. He badly wants to go back to the mountains but only with her. He must miss her like crazy. I’m sure it’s his turn to pursue her. This will be a reversal of when HSJ was the one going after him. It will be amusing to see how he’s going to convince her to accept him again.

Somehow I keep having the image of EC being the best man at their make-up wedding! :lol: Cos after all they go through, EC is going to be his closest guy friend.

I'm also curious how they're going to play this Oh Hyuk thing. I'm imagining things like, how, for the sake of the documentary, Oh Hyuk will be paired with Eun Joo, because what's more beautiful than the lovestory between gayageum player and gayageum maker (moreover they were actually a real couple before, Oh Hyuk was EJ's first love and vice versa).

That’s an interesting scenario. Altho it feels uncomfortable to hear it, I think that is a realistic approach for them to make the documentary. Question is will OJD agree to that knowing how that would hurt HSJ?

On 16/04/2018 at 5:09 PM, meechuttso said:

So many beautiful scenes still missing from this past weekend here. Will have to work on capturing more.

Looking forward to them!

To me, I am enjoying this drama, very simply almost like a child would enjoy a bedtime story.

So for me, somehow from the very first episode the writer had me on this storyline. And this couple, the OTP. The writer and director seemed to know instinctively to use humor and plot hints to keep the focus on the OTP and their storyline without making me lose interest becoz of the sideshow. So for me to complain about SJ's evil mother is like saying that ...

So it all just works. This small love story, yes very much reminiscent of Gift of the Magi as pointed out above by  @Kim Yunmi and also by myself last week, is told in so many beautiful little detailed ways, in the phrasings and little fleeting expressions on the actors' faces, and we can all add much more to each scene with our own imaginations and wishes based on our own happy and not so happy past experiences and present situations. So that's why not a scene here in this drama is wasted for me, coz I am falling in love with the story as it's being told. 

Well said! I love it, a simple plot that touches the heart. Sincere characters so well portrayed by KKW and Uee. Their little expressions and mannerisms are the best!

On 16/04/2018 at 10:22 PM, aisling said:

OK, story wise I understand that we need that separation when we passed halfway through the drama. But logically, it doesn’t fit with me the reason they ended things. Even if JD became a city man, what’s wrong with it? She could stay in Seoul and keep the job she likes. Well, the story was predictable and simple from the start so I shouldn’t be complaining, I’m here for lovely UEE and KKW. Luckily as a couple they have really great chemistry so it does salvage the weaker parts of the show.

I don’t get the reason too. Feeling somewhat heavy hearted that the plot made them end things. It’s fine that OJD go with EC for a little while, a period of seclusion to work things through. I’m more for: See you again later after I sort things out. I mope with HSJ as the Yang Gang bars disappear and the home gets sad looking without OJD’s love and care. 

Yes, the lovely Uee and KKW, I’m holding out for their sincere acting and amazing chemistry. I’m really looking forward to it. In preview, OJD is dressed as his old self waiting for HSJ at a cafe. It’s so adorable to see his anxiety, nervousness, disappointment in the span of a few moments.

PS: Is there a translation of the written text preview?

MBC has some nice still cuts here.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/photo/

The preview is the same one shown at the end of Ep 14. I haven't seen any other ones. I don't know how the subs are in English, but a better way to put what Seung-Joo says to herself in her voice-over, which I think is important, is:

"In your status (situation, background, circumstances and qualifications) how did you get the gumption (chutzpah) to try at love? From out of where, really, this 'punk' (놈, referring to OJD) no one has seen or heard of just appeared...."

님 - nim - honorific show of respect, as in how we say 'please writer-nim'.

놈 - nom - opposite, show of disrespect, often muttered under one's breath behind someone's back but seldom or almost never spoken in the open by younger person to an older.

This is an interesting thing going on with Seung-Joo and her strong insistence on her part that Jak-Doo remain Jak-Doo and not become Hyuk. We've discussed few Eps back her feeling of inferiority and some feeling of unattractiveness or also undeserving of love for herself, probably having much to do with her evil mother, and now the preview hints at this cropping up again for Seung-Joo. Jak-Doo as his transmogrified Oh-Hyuk, about to be a widely known 'somebody' instead of the 'nobody' with the pure and golden heart of whom only she had known and 'possessed' entirely for herself. She may have a real emotional baggage which keeps her from feeling like she can be with Hyuk. This is a sad but fascinating angle where she's back to dirt spoon free lancer and the one chicken-feathered mountain man looks every bit the ChaeBol heir with everything, the pedigree, abilities, you name it. I love it. The story may be told somewhat simply, but there're always little unexpected surprises galore in his drama.B)

By the way, MBC kindly releases the provocative titles of the upcoming eps at their site. :rolleyes:

Ep 15: "Marriage is an easy to start but a hard to finish war."

Ep 16: "Marriage is about being a superman or wonder-woman for someone."

In case you missed the previous titles.

Ep 12: "Marriage is a zero sum game. (What you) Gain  = Loss."

Ep 13: "Marriage is a strange bargain in which even when you give up all you feel no loss/regret."

Ep 14: "Marriage is an irony wherein you wound (someone) through loving (him/her)."

These titles taken as a whole and the previews released a week before each time point to a very well constructed story and great production preparation work and execution by the entire crew. I have confidence and anticipation each week for great results.

And now for the scenes that were so beautiful in Ep 13 and yet made my heart ache even as I watched it.

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o7_500.gif

That's the writer's token of promise that by Ep 24 there will be nothing to pull them apart again and a small foretaste of what is to come after their travails.

tumblr_p7b7yvjjfJ1valxs7o8_500.gif

(more to come)

Archived