[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay!!! D-1 for double dose of heart flutter terminator  :wub:

I’m looking forward to see how SJ copes with a country life. I think she’ll be happy for awhile, it will be a defining time for their relationship. I mean JD was in the mountains alone for 15 years, there must be a lot frustration that needs to be released.  B)

I must say that what I didn’t like so much these 2 episodes was seeing OJD being so serious and sullen after HSJ showed up at the mountains. It’s such a transformation from his honest, innocent and sincere expressions when with HSJ prior to that. I take it the unsmiling expressions were his way of suppressing his boiling-over emotions and angry concern about HSJ. Especially in that scene when HSJ offered to stay on in the mountains if he didn’t want her to leave. His chest was heaving. He was breathing so hard, on the verge of hyperventilating. Poor guy, he was really struggling. He could barely hold it in. Could see his resolve weakening. His heart was saying he didn’t want her to leave the mountains. It would be the most apt if OST2 was playing at this moment. The words are so meaningful to this particular scene.

Yayyy, less than 24 hours to go! Is there live streaming though?

30 minutes ago, hyall said:

The thing I always found odd is that even in the daily dramas if it involves a mistress they show them half naked and in a few saucy scenes but the leads never get any saucy stuff.

A pattern is emerging though.More and more primetime time shows are letting the leads who aren’t married in real life  have sex, mostly near the end of the show and only if they are planning to marry or want to at least. And it can pretty hot before the fade out.   But if one of the actors is married they won’t have that scene. 

But yes the “Bad girl” or maybe nowdays the heroines best friend will be the one who is overtly sexual and worldly. The “good girl “ will usually be either a virgin or just has been with a steady long term boyfriend who she prolly hoped/expected to marry. Before he invariably cheats on her, steals from her, etc.   

19 minutes ago, RobinM said:

A pattern is emerging though.More and more primetime time shows are letting the leads who aren’t married in real life  have sex, mostly near the end of the show and only if they are planning to marry or want to at least. And it can pretty hot before the fade out.   But if one of the actors is married they won’t have that scene. 

But yes the “Bad girl” or maybe nowdays the heroines best friend will be the one who is overtly sexual and worldly. The “good girl “ will usually be either a virgin or just has been with a steady long term boyfriend who she prolly hoped/expected to marry. Before he invariably cheats on her, steals from her, etc.   

Yes, this is pretty much summed up patterns. I can’t count how many times I watched a heroine showed up expecting that her bf would propose to her but instead she got dumped, caught him cheating etc.

Well, if it’s really a case with married actors we won’t see anything steamier than a kiss. -_-

Of all the still cuts, this may have been the best - coz we can try and guess what they're laughing about.

If I were to caption it, it would be something like,

KKW: "Hey Uee, check out these crazy Soompiers who repost every little thing we do in English!"

Uee:"Omo, you're right Kang-Woo-ssi, I had no idea so many outside of Korea like violently romantic comedy too!"

tumblr_p6e1z0YuZq1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p6e1z0YuZq1valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p6e23vJJ611valxs7o1_500.gif

KKW: "Really, Uee-ssi? It sure looks to me today like everyone, save for one, wants us to do some steamy bed scenes..., like very soon."

Uee:"Omo, omo, Mr Kim Kang-Woo-ajussi, but this is a family drama, with children watching. Poor Ajussi, it must've been really hard for you since our Episode 2 when I said to you, 'we have to sleep together'...."

tumblr_p6e23vJJ611valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p6e23vJJ611valxs7o6_500.gif

tumblr_p6e23vJJ611valxs7o7_500.gif

:scream:  Come to think of it, Jak-Doo's been trying to hang onto Seung-Joo in his village bachelor pad in his own hicky way from the very beginning.

'Stand-In Husband Oh Jak-Doo', Omo! This is a Must See! 4 Watch Points

112002_99536_2939.jpg

From http://www.zenithnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=112002

[ZenniNews=Byeon Jin-Hee reporting]
Broadcast TV main 3 (KBS, MBC, SBS) of course, but Cable channels also spilling over with drama and variety programs without rest. But we can't watch them all. So we prepared this. 3 Reasons why 'My Husband Oh Jak-Doo' is a must watch.

★ MBC weekend drama ‘Stand-In Husband Oh Jak-Doo’

(aka) 'My Husband Oh Jak-Doo' (MH OJD), a 'reverse' romance drama, begins when a mid-30's career woman strictly grounded in reality, in order to gain a married-woman, or a couple social status, acquires for herself a stand-in husband.

Currently Kim Kang-Woo, Uee, Jeong Sang-Hoon, Han Seon-Hwa, these 4 people are entangled in the midst of an unpredictable and hilarious 4-way romance, we take a peek at each of their highlights thus far and viewing points of interest from here on.

▶  He who is about to get his true identity uncovered, Oh Jak-Doo

112002_99530_2028.jpg

Oh Jak-Doo (by Kim Kang-Woo), upon seeing Han Seung-Joo (by Uee) recover from her trauma, had set his mind to depart, but his shaky heart in the midst of their already deep emotions (for one another) he could not conceal. However finding out that the documentary for which she is in charge has to do with himself, he announced his unexpected departure. How Oh Jak-Doo, who was vacillating whether to return to the mountain because of Han Seung-Joo, will choose in the next episode, is piquing our curiosity.

▶  Han Seung-Joo, her career and her love, can she hold onto both/either?

112002_99531_2042.jpg

Han Seung-Joo, of course, is revealing her true feelings to Oh Jak-Doo whom she had brought in as stand-in husband. Han Seung-Joo, who has fallen while without realizing for his warm heart that embraced her lonely inside, is now in a situation where she wants to know everything about Oh Jak-Doo. There's the 'PD Han Seung-Joo' who wants to reveal (expose) to the world Oh Hyuk (Oh Jak-Doo), then there's one who trusts and relies on Oh Jak-Doo, 'Woman Han Seung-Joo', an ironic situation where she is put at the fork, is causing much attention already.

Spoiler

[ZenniNews=Byeon Jin-Hee reporting]
Broadcast TV main 3 (KBS, MBC, SBS) of course, but Cable channels also spilling over with drama and variety programs without rest. But we can't watch them all. So we prepared this. 3 Reasons why 'My Husband Oh Jak-Doo' is a must watch.

★ MBC weekend drama ‘Stand-In Husband Oh Jak-Doo’

(aka) 'My Husband Oh Jak-Doo' (MH OJD), a 'reverse' romance drama, begins when a mid-30's career woman strictly grounded in reality, in order to gain a married-woman, or a couple social status, acquires for herself a stand-in husband.

Currently Kim Kang-Woo, Uee, Jeong Sang-Hoon, Han Seon-Hwa, these 4 people are entangled in the midst of an unpredictable and hilarious 4-way romance, we take a peek at each of their highlights thus far and viewing points of interest from here on.

▶  He who is about to get his true identity uncovered, Oh Jak-Doo

112002_99530_2028.jpg

Oh Jak-Doo (by Kim Kang-Woo), upon seeing Han Seung-Joo (by Uee) recover from her trauma, had set his mind to depart, but his shaky heart in the midst of their already deep emotions (for one another) he could not conceal. However finding out that the documentary for which she is in charge has to do with himself, he announced his unexpected departure. How Oh Jak-Doo, who was vacillating whether to return to the mountain because of Han Seung-Joo, will choose in the next episode, is piquing our curiosity.

▶  Han Seung-Joo, her career and her love, can she hold onto both/either?

112002_99531_2042.jpg

Han Seung-Joo, of course, is revealing her true feelings to Oh Jak-Doo whom she had brought in as stand-in husband. Han Seung-Joo, who has fallen while without realizing for his warm heart that embraced her lonely inside, is now in a situation where she wants to know everything about Oh Jak-Doo. There's the 'PD Han Seung-Joo' who wants to reveal (expose) to the world Oh Hyuk (Oh Jak-Doo), then there's one who trusts and relies on Oh Jak-Doo, 'Woman Han Seung-Joo', an ironic situation where she is put at the fork, is causing much attention already.

▶  Eric Jo (Cho), Unstoppable 1-way (unrequited) Love

112002_99532_2059.jpg

Chung-Wol Inc CEO Eric Jo (by Jeong Sang-Hoon)'s once cool and comfortable demeanor is changing every day into that of a desperate man in unrequited love. Having prepared even a 'luxurious' confession (proposal) for Han Seung-Joo after falling for her charisma, upon finding out that she is already married, he has fallen into a state of shock. Nevertheless his self-flagellation over his unstoppable palpitating heart and his inability to stop his buffoon-like ridiculous utterances is bringing us to much laughter. Whether Eric Jo would be able to give up his passionate 1-way love, or learning of Han Seung-Joo's contract marriage, he would be able to transform back into the 'straight fast-track' male again - is a point of interest.

▶  Jang Eun-Jo, Sowing Embers of Misunderstanding

112002_99533_2114.jpg

Jang Eun-Jo (by Han Seon-Hwa), who knows Oh Jak-Doo's true identity, is sowing volatile embers every chance she gets at Jak-Doo and Han Seung-Joo's relationship. After assigning Han Seung-Joo (as PD) for a program in which she is the star, JEJ, saying, "When Hyuk-oppa finds out that the one who uncovers him to Eric is not me, but Han Seung-Joo instead, who will he choose?', she drops some worrisome signs of things to come. These secrets firmly in her hand, with her infatuation over Oh Jak-Doo and curiosity about Han Seung-Joo, Jang Eun-Jo's life will change in a way that is impossible to predict.

MH OJD is broacast every Saturday at 8:45pm.

bjh123@zenithnews.com

My quick tribute to the fabulous entire MH OJD team! Happy watching 11 & 12!

:innocent::love::scream::triumph:

Extra credit for reader - match the emoticons to the 4 characters!

(This article posted on 3/31 before ep 9&10 but still all relevant.)

(This article posted on 3/31 before ep 9&10 but still all relevant.)

UEE And Kim Kang Woo’s Romance Finally Heats Up On “My Husband, Mr. Oh!”

The romance between UEE and Kim Kang Woo on “My Husband, Mr. Oh!” is finally kicking into high gear!

Spoiler

On the latest episode of the MBC drama, Han Seung Joo (played by UEE) and Oh Jak Doo (played by Kim Kang Woo) finally opened up about their feelings for one another, marking the official beginning of a true relationship between the two leads.

Newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode offer a glimpse of what viewers can expect from the two characters’ budding romance. One photo captures Han Seung Joo and Oh Jak Doo in a tense moment, mere inches away from locking lips, while another photo shows them looking every bit a sweet, lovey-dovey couple as they prepare food together in the countryside.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/06/uee-kim-kang-woos-romance-finally-heats-husband-mr-oh/

Oh god, my heart :wub:

Can’t wait for todays episodes!! Did you guys notice the outfit SJ is wearing? Looks like she is wearing Jak Doos outfit top to bottom :lol:

SUPER EXCITED!!!! 

P.s. I love spoilers :blush:

I’m pretty sure they’re teasing us with a kiss. I’d rather think this way in order not to be too disappointed.

But OMG, those cheekbones in the first photo... My heart can’t take it.

I’m all over Kim Kang Woo, don’t judge me :glasses: 

12 hours ago, meechuttso said:

From http://www.zenithnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=112002

Thanks for translating this! This is the same  article I posted using a translation app, very badly translated of course. Yours is so much better. 

I like their warm smiles in that BTS photo too. You really have a knack for putting in apt words that sound like they came from the actors’ mouths. :D

Looking forward to it!!! Could someone PM me if there’s a way to watch live?

Oh... hahaha, I didn’t get it at first.. now I get it!!

so it’s OJD, HSJ, EC, JEJ right? 

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I’m pretty sure they’re teasing us with a kiss. I’d rather think this way in order not to be too disappointed.

But OMG, those cheekbones in the first photo... My heart can’t take it.

I’m all over Kim Kang Woo, don’t judge me :glasses: 

This is a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE!!!  I totally understand!  I am positive I love everything about him too! :wub:  Just what we needed our rugged handsome mountain man!  

Archived