[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

@stroppyse

Spoiler
18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay. Okay. I've started watching from the beginning, and it's not as bad as I had thought it was going to be. It's actually a bit slower than I had thought it would be, and not too suffused in evil as yet. Also, I appreciate the multiple shower scenes of GMS. :):wub:

As a couple, she is really petite and he is really tall. The disparity is almost too much actually. But, oh my, GMS looks good striding around dressed in a casual pair of slacks and a simple button up shirt.

I also find the relationship between GMS and SKJ to be really sweet actually. GMS is definitely the older brother, albeit a cousin rather than an actual brother, while SKJ is the more hapless younger brother who is struggling to find an identity of his own and never quite able to live up to his older brother. Still, GMS clearly cares for SKJ, even as he tries to respect the relationship that SKJ and his mother have, or should I say struggle with.

The aunts haven't really come into play much as yet. The Eldest Aunt is clearly the family matriarch. Poor SKJ, he's so afraid of her, his mother

JGB's friendship with her former stylist and now friend, LSJ, is also pretty cool. It's funny how LSJ gives GB grief about her "star" behavior and yet clearly feels so much affection and loyalty for GB. It's hard to know how much of the "star" behavior that GB used to show when she was a top star was just an affectation given that she comes from a relatively humble background, but I guess GB always had a good heart regardless.

Anyway, it's entertaining as you said, @ktcjdrama. Thanks for the advice to just watch it from the beginning. I should be caught up to everyone else by the next broadcast date. For not, I guess I'm just spewing some random observations as I watch the back episodes. Have I mentioned how gorgeous CJH looks as GMS? And, his legs are so long! And his stride is so louche. LOL. Okay, okay, I guess the drama is definitely good enough to keep watching to get a fix of CJH. And, actually, it may even be a bit better than that on just its own merits, but that'll depend on how the story unfolds from here on out and how repetitive it might get. MS' repeated willful decision to allow the loss of his interactions with GB, only to remember her after all is cute right now, but could get annoying if it continues.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, so there does seem to be three Big Bads in this drama: the shady Evil Manager who has it in for GB, Doctor Yoon, MS' doctor, who wants the directorship of the new branch of Sunwoo Hospital if the Healing Village is turned into the new branch instead, and Eldest Aunt who has hated MS ever since he was orphaned as a child and resents the power that MS has in the Sunwoo Group.

Evil Manager is the guy who basically sold GB originally to that male star, giving her a roofie when she wouldn't go willingly. And when things went south, he's covering up for himself and he hates GB because he thinks that she ruined him with her unwillingness to go along with the program. And, now, he's out for revenge, I guess, because GB had the nerve to refuse him and his shady managing.  Actually, I wonder how much he had to do with the death of that actor that he pinned on GB all that time ago.

Dr. Yoon is afraid that MS may actually improve. It's interesting because MS, having been a genius neurosurgeon himself, is a part of his own diagnoses and treatment, and yet because his condition is so rare, he's dependent on Dr. Yoon. But, Dr. Yoon has been acting shady with his findings and has been colluding with the Eldest Aunt to turn Healing Village into another branch hospital.

Eldest Aunt said some pretty severe things to MS at the funeral of his parents, including blaming MS for his parents' death and telling him that he was a wretch who had better be obedient to her. MS' aunts were not pleased that MS was the majority owner of the Group with his inheritance from his parents anyway, so there was little love there to start with. It makes me so sad for MS. Anyway, MS had little interest in the business until after his accident. Given his memory issues, he really wanted to build the Healing Village which would be run for dementia patients, but enable them to live fuller lives and be happy, yet still protected. Eldest Aunt seems to think that it would be better for the Healing Village if it was turned into another Sunwoo Hospital instead. Eldest Aunt also had MS' Secretary Yang reporting to her about MS, as well as getting MS' passcode to his apartment and when MS was sleeping. So, the likelihood is high that it was Eldest Aunt who arranged for MS'  signature on a document which turned Healing Village from an oasis for dementia patients to a new branch of Sunwoo Hospital. She's planning on having MS fired from his position as well as taking away his shares on the basis that he's ill after all.

Fortunately, MS is finding out who his enemies are, and has become wary of his aunts and Dr. Yoon. He's not entirely sure of Evil Manager yet, but, hopefully, MS' memories will come back soon enough to protect him and GB from Evil Manager.

Also fortunate, both MS and GB have people around them who care about them. KJ, as silly and foolish as he may seem sometime, is pretty loyal to MS and to GB, which is nice. The CEO and the Manager of Star Entertainment are also working hard for GB (and KJ). Secretary Yang has decided to be loyal to MS. GB's family, even though we don't see that much of them, also love and support GB, though it's probably fairer to say that GB supports her family since she's the primary breadwinner. And, GB's friend NJ is so loyal and supportive. I'm just glad that it's not just all people who are out to get at the OTP.

Lee Ha Im is a bit of a floater character for me right now. I guess there is a romance brewing for KJ and HI which may make HI more palatable. It would be satisfying if HI helps bring the Evil Manager down, actually.

But, really, this drama rests on the chemistry between MS and GB which is pretty cute. I have to admit, though, that it's really the cool, smart, stylish MS who has a decidedly warm side to him as well as the occasional bits of heo dang that keeps me watching, even during some of the draggy bits. He's totally lovely. :):wub:

Sorry for the lengthy post. I was just writing down my impressions of the characters thus far, but I think I'm pretty much caught up for the most part now. It's really just the recent episodes with all of the kisses that I may have to rewatch. :D

Thanks for the general summary. It’s nice to refresh how things stand at this point.   Yes  OTP is the supreme center in this drama and the rest are the circle of supporters.  
I’m very amused how the writer combined the theme of Cinderella and the movie Memento  and used it as a plot tool skillfully to show her quirky yet delightful imagination.   When I first read ‘Cinderella amnesia,’ I couldn’t help but had to roll my eyes.  haha   But now I realized I never grew out from the magic spell of Disney Cinderella. hehe   The writer gave the grown-up version for me to enjoy (red shoes, soft ringing bell, handsome prince with amnesia which erases his daily memory at midnight …)
DJ team mentioned in the article about ‘amnesia’:  “The production company Golden Thumb said, “We are grateful that the 'Memento' is so famous that the drama draws such expectation as a 'Korean version of Memento.””   

YEINVQq.jpg

qo6CUKf.jpg

Here are some interesting things
** We wondered about the secret code 5959 so she found the answer.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:45 AM, Irly said:

Or, as my googling told me, it is that case:

http://supernad2.tumblr.com/post/133060831473/what-is-5959-meaning

And that explanation somehow confirmed in the episode when MaSung jokingly and in cute way patted GiBBeum chin :)

** I wish I could screencap of GB’s expression which gave MS the answer for the code.  :P:D

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I am looking forward to MS and GB figuring out what happened to them 3 years ago. It's important for them to place in context the extent of harm that both had suffered so that they can take steps to retribution.

THIS... I am wondering about this too. I am still convinced that MS is not as clueless as I thought before. Why but I have a feeling that he manipulates his own MRI scan report so that Dr Yoon doesn't have access to it. 

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wasn't backreading very far as yet, so didn't realize there was some question about the doorcode 5959.

"5959" in Korean is pronounced "Oh-goo-oh-goo" and those sounds are the ones that one makes to a cute baby when you're looking at him/her and trying to get the baby to respond to you. So, when it's said to a person, it indicates that one thinks that the other person is so adorable. Unless it's said mockingly, of course. But MS does really think that GB is adorable, so he's teasing her when he says it to her while skritching her chin rather than that he's mocking her. I thought it was cute. :)

Not sure what the answer found was since I didn't follow the link you provided, but this was what was going on in the scene.

-----------------

I had thought it was going to be like the movie 50 First Dates which was a put off for me, or like Memento as you pointed out. Something just makes me so sad for the protagonists in those movies. And, MS' deteriorating state kind of makes me sad in this drama, though it doesn't seem to be exactly the conditions in those movies since some of his memories do seem to be returning, and he seems able to form new memories.

I also didn't really think about the Cinderella aspect of it until I read your statement. I can see that there are some aspects of it, though aren't red shoes more Hans Christian Andersen? In which case, I'm going to become sad for the protagonists again. Still, I won't protest a happy ending for MS and GB, so it better not betray me after I just spent all that time binge watching to catch up. :)

Btw, I've been mulling this over a bit, but does GMS remind anyone else of Daniel in the Korean version of Fated to Love You (except as the lead who is going to get the girl in this drama, of course)? I totally struggled with SLS in that drama. Perhaps the resemblance is heightened by the lovely clothes that CJH wears in this drama which bears some resemblance to his style of dressing in that drama, the biggest similarity being how they rest so stylishly on his frame maybe. :D

So you know about 5959. haha   When someone asked about 5959, I had no idea it had underlying meaning.  Thankfully someone found the link which explained about it.     I thought it was cute because it showed what it was about GB which attracted MS.    As soon as MS saw GB’s cute, adorable expression, he knew what the secret code was. haha   Hey I would fall for anybody with that kind of expression.

Yeah someone mentioned that DJ reminded of 50 First Dates.   I hadn’t seen this movie, but I heard of a general plot line.   I saw Memento and I liked it a lot even though it was  difficult to follow coherently.   I had to find a review to understand it.   The amnesia in DJ is less grim though still sad.   However it was uplifting to see how MS and GB accepted their new situations and tried to deal with them as best as they can.   Yeah there are sadness and pain hovering underneath,  but they didn’t succumb to that completely.   They know they have no control over external aspects,  but they can control what is in each of their heads, like perspective.  It’s very a commendable act for GB try to swallow the live fish.  She has her head in the right place.  Her family comes first.   MS too  He knows his mind will disappear into fog so he set his mind to do something meaningful.

Btw  perhaps DJ red shoes are a modern version of  Cinderella glass shoes.   Besides they are visually stunning on the screen!!   Well I 

can’t wear high shoes. lol   As matter of fact I can never understand how anyone can wear such shoes. hehe   But strangely  red high heels on the screen always make my eyes zoom in   ahhaaa

I noticed that too something about formal suits fit well with CJH.   He looks dashing.  In FTLY, he got to play a second role  because he was in need of finance,  and they offered him something like drama CF.   At the time he was supposed to enlist after FTLY,  and his family had debt from his mom’s back surgeries.   All those fancy wardrobes he wore in the drama were from an Italian company.   However he cancelled about going to enlist right after FTLY until next year,  and got another drama, Pride & Prejudice.  

16 hours ago, gutibear said:

THIS... I am wondering about this too. I am still convinced that MS is not as clueless as I thought before. Why but I have a feeling that he manipulates his own MRI scan report so that Dr Yoon doesn't have access to it. 

Humm that’s an interesting idea.  We know MS sensed Dr Yoon might have a hidden interest.  In EP10 MS let Dr Yoon know that he wasn’t going to give up the healing center project.  MS showed he had an analytical mind while solving on his fake signature crisis.  So I will be not surprised if he would fake his MIR scan.  
But it seems he might try to deal with ceo Kim first as he hasn’t recovered a full memory about the accident.     He told GB that he remembered anything with GB now.  His brain was injured only in a certain area from the accident which caused amnesia,  but it seems the injured part of his brain is healing.   So the more he learns about the accident the more it can help him.  

14 hours ago, supergal99 said:

*ding..dong..* special delivery::w00t:

Yess... uri Top star is here!! 

O..kay... password is...:blink::wub:

(Open sesame:grimace:)

Erhmm... mmm.. u reminded me of the great height difference ...:sweatingbullets:ops!!

:blush:pardon me... chasing off my mon blues... wawawaaa...

Yes I want to pinch her cheek. Thank you Thank you   Ohhh  SHY is starting to make headlines. It looks like DJ is going to be her big break.   There are a lot of Koreans who think SHY is pretty and so adorable. And some are very envious of her because how well she can be snuggled into CJH.   ahaha
Wow can you believe SHY is the same age as CJH.  I wonder why they seem so comfortable with each other.    So she started in 2003 and had a formal debut in 2005.  She is a semi seasoned actress.   Hope to see her career success from now on.   CJH got his big break in 2013 with the special appearance (2 eps) in GFB.  I don’t know how many actors have had a big break with just 2eps.    Life in kentertainment is hard
PS ( tibit ) FTLY is a well made drama.  PDnim worked on KFTLY project for 10 years, probably since first Tw FLTY came out.  There were so many witty parodies. It had a big budget which gave CJH so many candy suits to wear.   

I found this blog which thankfully let me copy.  fBGotUn.gif

http://cafe.daum.net/ok1221/9Zdf/1334413?q=마성의 기쁨
Physical chemistry of OTP with roughly 30cm difference
CJH 186 & SHY about 160-156

How about this slow motion  Let’s meditate with it  hahaha   S6ryCeb.gif

ybw8XIK.gif

JHi9EcY.gif

rWWp5zj.gif

Spoiler

qpQwO9t.gif

IYMBQ5B.gif

FrebJUG.gif

NIWxw1D.gif

Spoiler

mhizvIf.gif

esOzKk5.gif

Pnqfe29.gif

cyU5oLB.gif

On 10/3/2018 at 4:52 PM, gutibear said:

I know right. This drama makes Wednesday and Thursday worth waiting.

@roli @gutibear

Thankful to say ;) - after a drought of lack-lustre, somewhat mediocre offerings ...  Where Stars Land (beyond an irritating unprofessional female lead) is looking promising.  As is The Beauty Inside ... and Esom in The 3rd Charm. (so much so there's no time to even peek at 100 Days Prince. And Ghost Detective Daniel Choi has also been completely parked to the side.  :(  )

Actually ... now there's also  :wub:Terrius :wub:  on Wed Thurs which totally captures my attention first. Beyond "dead pan slow-burn" highly enjoyable SJS and a kickass heroine who isn't irritating ... Plotwise, pacewise it's also a little more captivating.

I am in Devilish Joy for CJH and the OTP, the bromance ... far less da plot - too many holes that I am not totally invested in unrevelling.

=====================================

@stroppyse @booha

I'd like to think it's going to be REVERSE Cinderella ... that at some pt - JGB might be the one who capably steps up to rescue him. Esp in 2018! :P 

Even in my own childhood - NEVER been a big fan of anorexic 50s-ideology Barbie or pretty slew Disney Princesses or fairytales ... where they all have to be "rescued" or protected = was so secretly glad when my daughter moved out of her own 3 yr phase of hyping over them - coping skills for living in 2018 and beyond.

Cutesy "5959" is fine ... for only as long as she remains in this age (25, and below). And a tad patriarchal  大男人  on his part - there's a subtle vibe of it, in this drama imo. Note: He doesn't really discuss anything serious with her, nor his worries.

Depending re: that 5959 aegyo or baby cutesy - esp past age 40 -  is pushing it, in reality. She's what? 30s? now since the incident?

I'd much rather she continues to develop more resilient sass and maturity, plus capable brains to survive as a TEAM (not as someone adorably cute, or to be rescued) for whatever the future together holds for them. Sinister ex manager, plotting aunts and doctor-mentor et al

====================================

16 hours ago Booha said:

Btw  perhaps DJ red shoes are a modern version of  Cinderella glass shoes.   Besides they are visually stunning on the screen!!   Well I 

can’t wear high shoes. lol   As matter of fact I can never understand how anyone can wear such shoes. hehe   But strangely  red high heels on the screen always make my eyes zoom in   ahhaaa

I noticed that too something about formal suits fit well with CJH.   He looks dashing.  In FTLY, he got to play a second role  because he was in need of finance,  and they offered him something like drama CF.   At the time he was supposed to enlist after FTLY,  and his family had debt from his mom’s back surgeries.   All those fancy wardrobes he wore in the drama were from an Italian company.   However he cancelled about going to enlist right after FTLY until next year,  and got another drama, Pride & Prejudice.  

Even in my teens/20s ... I only wore heels when need be. For clubbing functions and parties, or whatever occasions. Or when wearing short skirts clubbing. Even then for a while s'times ... packing a pair of flats were way more fun on the dance floor - and ballerina flats or pretty flat sandals went so well with the short/sarong wrap skirts too.

These days - hardly ever - I don't even own many, except for wearing with palazzo floaty pants.

And sparingly with time limit :P -- 2h max! At that - I never wore those impossible red-sandal heights.

Don't know how actresses can run ... and then  run some more .... and do stairs in them! Esp when being chased OMG :P

Their poor feet! =  Kudos to those females who religiously wear their heels to work day in, and day out until 60s ... and on Saturdays too.

Digression: CJH was first in I Need Romance series (in local SEAsian jargon - he looked like an "Ah Beng" aka uncouth lout type there - still does sometimes, although he's packaged to be way more refined-tailored these days). Hence maybe all the suits, in almost every drama - his frame certainly carries them off very well.

But he caught many people's attention in INRomance (never ended up with the female lead Cho Yeo-jung - HER loss!).  CKH  was also Lee Min-ho's elder brother in Boys Over Flowers,  cameo lead role in Gu Family Book ...  before FTLY.

*FanService Alert*

INRomance has a steamy bed scene starring CJH btw - shirt removal for sure, and maybe a little more than Devilish Joy's shower scenes* :P

He was finally lead in Pride and Prejudice, before ER Couple (*where he also sang - OST has been in my car, for a few yrs now)

I do NOT enjoy his smile at all - it kind of brings out the Ah Beng factor (to me anyways, he's better not smiling then smiling) ... but love the crinkle-effect in eyes when he does.

Yupz, yup - thanks to his beautifully modulated gorgeous VOICE - been noticing this dude for a loooong time. :P

6 hours ago, booha said:

And some are very envious of her because how well she can be snuggled into CJH.   ahaha
Wow can you believe SHY is the same age as CJH.  I wonder why they seem so comfortable with each other. 

I found this blog which thankfully let me copy.  fBGotUn.gif

http://cafe.daum.net/ok1221/9Zdf/1334413?q=마성의 기쁨
Physical chemistry of OTP with roughly 30cm difference
CJH 186 & SHY about 160-156

How about this slow motion  Let’s meditate with it.

I wish there's a way to pin this post of yours so I can easily come back to it and meditate :D

Knowing their age, and height difference for best snuggling experience, I am once again so tempted to ship them in real life :P

Btw, anyone knows why the English title is Devilish Joy? Is that a clue of what Joy can/will do later on in attempt to help MS? The Chinese title translate into MaSung's Joy. I believe same goes for Korean?

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Btw, anyone knows why the English title is Devilish Joy? Is that a clue of what Joy can/will do later on in attempt to help MS? The Chinese title translate into MaSung's Joy. I believe same goes for Korean?

I remember I read it somewhere that the title is based on our OTP character. The romanization version is Masungui Gibbeum.. Masung = Devil, Gibbeum = Joy/Happiness.

Edit: Found article link for your question: 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/choi-jin-hyuk-loses-memory-and-finds-new-romance-in-devilish-joy/

'Interestingly, the title Devilish Joy is a play on the combined Korean names of the two lead characters: Ma Sung means Devilish and Gi Bbeum means Joy.'

@gutibear

It seems  Dr Yoon saw some change/improvement on MS’s MRI scan before.   Afterward he seemed to be a bit amused by the change but he didn’t tell it to MS when he asked.    However now MS is aware there is a change in how his memory works especially regarding GB.   But MS didn’t tell everything to Dr Yoon either.   I think Dr Yoon is only aware of a few things like some change in MS’s brain scan and some bits MS knows about GB.    So Dr Yoon could only tell the aunt to check around about GB.      Dr Yoon may think GB has a strong emotional pull on MS which can trigger something on MS’s mind/brain?  
PS  Didn’t once MS say to Dr Yoon that one’s memory wouldn’t completely go away but hide deep inside of one’s brain?   I don’t know whether he was talking about memory in general or long term or short term or short term with strong impression (like his meeting with GB)?

((sorry to cut this portion))

@stroppyse @booha

I'd like to think it's going to be REVERSE Cinderella ... that at some pt - JGB might be the one who capably steps up to rescue him. Esp in 2018! :P 

Spoiler

Even in my own childhood - NEVER been a big fan of anorexic 50s-ideology Barbie or pretty slew Disney Princesses or fairytales ... where they all have to be "rescued" or protected = was so secretly glad when my daughter moved out of her own 3 yr phase of hyping over them - coping skills for living in 2018 and beyond.

Cutesy "5959" is fine ... for only as long as she remains in this age (25, and below). And a tad patriarchal  大男人  on his part - there's a subtle vibe of it, in this drama imo. Note: He doesn't really discuss anything serious with her, nor his worries.

Depending re: that 5959 aegyo or baby cutesy - esp past age 40 -  is pushing it, in reality. She's what? 30s? now since the incident?

I'd much rather she continues to develop more resilient sass and maturity, plus capable brains to survive as a TEAM (not as someone adorably cute, or to be rescued) for whatever the future together holds for them. Sinister ex manager, plotting aunts and doctor-mentor et al

====================================

16 hours ago Booha said:

Spoiler

Even in my teens/20s ... I only wore heels when need be. For clubbing functions and parties, or whatever occasions. Or when wearing short skirts clubbing. Even then for a while s'times ... packing a pair of flats were way more fun on the dance floor - and ballerina flats or pretty flat sandals went so well with the short/sarong wrap skirts too.

Spoiler

These days - hardly ever - I don't even own many, except for wearing with palazzo floaty pants.

And sparingly with time limit :P -- 2h max! At that - I never wore those impossible red-sandal heights.

Don't know how actresses can run ... and then  run some more .... and do stairs in them! Esp when being chased OMG :P

Their poor feet! =  Kudos to those females who religiously wear their heels to work day in, and day out until 60s ... and on Saturdays too.

Digression: CJH was first in I Need Romance series (in local SEAsian jargon - he looked like an "Ah Beng" aka uncouth lout type there - still does sometimes, although he's packaged to be way more refined-tailored these days). Hence maybe all the suits, in almost every drama - his frame certainly carries them off very well.

But he caught many people's attention in INRomance (never ended up with the female lead Cho Yeo-jung - HER loss!).  CKH  was also Lee Min-ho's elder brother in Boys Over Flowers,  cameo lead role in Gu Family Book ...  before FTLY.

*FanService Alert*

INRomance has a steamy bed scene starring CJH btw - shirt removal for sure, and maybe a little more than Devilish Joy's shower scenes* :P

He was finally lead in Pride and Prejudice, before ER Couple (*where he also sang - OST has been in my car, for a few yrs now)

I do NOT enjoy his smile at all - it kind of brings out the Ah Beng factor (to me anyways, he's better not smiling then smiling) ... but love the crinkle-effect in eyes when he does.

Yupz, yup - thanks to his beautifully modulated gorgeous VOICE - been noticing this dude for a loooong time. :P

I appreciated your comment (or your personal pov).  They are fun to read.  haha   Let me say some more but keep in mind I’m still practicing about soompi talks.:)
Me too If OTP acted like what you said I couldn’t keep my interest in them for long.  Actually in this drama  both of them acted a lot of tutu stuff in different circumstances.  Nobody here thinks GB is weak. This girl can swallow a live fish.  Yes she acted cutesy/bubbly and sobs but if someone stepped in her personal lot, she fought back.   Like when MS scoffed at her about taking back clothes which he paid for,  she looked up and gave him a lecture about life. (no action is shameful for one’s survival something like that)    Yeah MS looked sheepish.  Also how she kicked the weaselly  director and put him down on his knees in the golf course.  It seems we all liked when GB said he would take care him.  I think it’s because we know she is strong enough to help him.  There are many ways people can be a helpful partner without being just an emotional pillow.  
Through out the drama MS acted both ways like GB, tough/sheepish/cutesy/fool silly etc etc…   They are two different beings, so they act differently but over all they balance well with each other.  

I don’t know whether you know this: DJ is in the hands of a women team(PD& writer)
I feel the writer only picked up  some aspect of the Cinderella theme to spark up the drama like the visual lightening or shoes or a tall building with a ring bell or Cinderella amnesia.  Yes MS did a few rescuing acts for GB  but now GB is doing it for MS and soon they are working as a team to tackle their problems.   

About 5959,  I liked it because when MS was looking for a new code, he remembered about  GB's adorableness.   Regardless sexes/ages, we all act adorably or make an adorable expression from time to time.  There shouldn’t be any age limit on acting adorably.  haha   Don’t you think it’s good for any relationship.  That GB’s expression reminds of my own though I’m way off to ajumma.  haha  My hubby makes his adorable expression or acts differently.   Relationship is messy and hard. It needs a lot of humor, laugh, and bubblers.   

Spoiler

PS ( some of CJH’s kdrama career )  Before GFB, CJH was in number of dramas but it seemed he couldn’t break through the ceiling.  Yup he lived in an actor’s purgatory for 7 years.    With a cameo appearance in GFB( 2 eps), he created WR fever in Korea which led to the Korean viewers demanding his return.    Since the production was all planned they could only put him back in the drama with about 3 minutes screen time.    Still he did a wonderful job delivering the second part of the (bad) WR part. 

So before the drama was ended,  he got snatched by Kim Eun-sook who wanted to promote Heirs.  The writer didn’t have his part then so she had to create it afterwards.   Later I learned about ‘drama CF’(like sign contract with a clothing com)   

At the time  CJH was getting close to enlist (around 2014, but eventually he did in 2015 )   He just had a big career break(2013) and he has a large family debt from his mom’s back surgeries.  Normally when an actor has a break, he signs for the next project as the lead. Unfortunately CJH needed money and KES knew that. 

That’s how CJH managed his whirlwind career before he got enlisted: Heirs (drama cf) => EC (lighthearted D) => FTLY( drama cf) => P&P(serious D)   **After his enlistment, that’s when his second career twist started.  oh gosh haha

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wish there's a way to pin this post of yours so I can easily come back to it and meditate :D

Knowing their age, and height difference for best snuggling experience, I am once again so tempted to ship them in real life :P

How about  a group meditation: First a deep breath to clear the mind  and then dive in (Well maybe in this stage everybody should be for themselves right??   No modesty or politeness  Throw them out   Life is too short  blah blah hahaa ):naughty::relieved:

PS 마성 (Ma Sung) in Korean is devilishness, fiendishness   기쁨(GI Bbum), pleasure, joy, happiness, delight
So MaSung's Joy but Devilish Joy sounds a bit devilishly better??  :naughty:

1 hour ago, booha said:

How about  a group meditation: First a deep breath to clear the mind  and then dive in (Well maybe in this stage everybody should be for themselves right??

do you know that lately I can't get rid of MS in my mind while doing yoga :sweatingbullets:

Yup, totally agree... I adore GB strong character. I salute the writer-nim for not making her a meek female lead. Btw, GB is so cute when she's angry. And I find it adorable when she makes MS speechless when they fight.

@supergal99

thanks  :blush:

Translation ( **can’t translate some)
MBN: It’s not CG.  It doesn’t have an extra pad.(like extra bra/ butt pad)  It is the actual  Gong chief’s back
등신등왕 공망성  back-scene back-king GMS
1 so unreal looking back
2 GB(joy) is in the back  (or “Joy behind this…”(quote from IG trans))
3 (no idea :huh:)
4 automated view blocker
5 unexpected Seong Gi Jun edit   SGJ is here
(not sure,  ?comparison between their two backs  haha ;))
6 no photoshop

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ooooo..... we're going to see a face off between GB and the Aunt... Brave GB! Go, go, go, girl!! Do not underestimate her size!

I’m glad to see GB is ready for the aunt. :)    I don’t think MS can’t do much at the moment since the aunt is still his aunt.  By now the aunt seems like just an antagonist or tormentor and not a villain who is capable of killing somebody.  She tries to wait for MS to die or lose his mind. If that doesn’t work I guess she will try to force him by going public about MS’s memory problem.   
Maybe in this drama there is no villain but thugs & schemers?? <_<

hXrcD2P.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181006080810186

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm curious about the face off between Eldest Aunt and GB. Despite being poor now, GB seems plenty spunky and I wouldn't think that she would back off at all, especially given her fierce declaration to protect MS against all comers. :)  

I like your idea of no villains, just thugs and schemers, but wouldn't you call Evil Manager a villain? He seems pretty villainous to me. Whether Eldest Aunt and Dr. Yoon are villains or just opportunists, I suppose the drama will tell us soon enough.

Your words like ‘spunky’ & ‘fierce’ are the kind of ones I was looking for about GB.  haha    Yeah she can be a pushover sometimes but she isn’t silly dimwitted.   She exudes strength underneath her petite physique even when she acted like a pretty wall flower.  I like her character a lot.  
Humm maybe I felt no villain here, because this drama is a romcom with heartfelt warmth.    Isn’t normally a villain bringing out heaviness in a drama?    I guess I was thinking of a villain a bit differently, heavier/more crazily sinister…:huh::)     Yeah you are right the manager Kim acts sinister in the way he tried to scheme and torment GB and MS.   The preview shows a confrontation between MS and the manager Kim.  Wonder how much is going to be revealed in this week.   

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

It's official. I don't think I will move on from this OTP anytime soon. Bad habit of me :unsure:

Erhm... mmm.. totally understand ->  those what what meditation gifs ...

tsk tsk ... **point to @booha**

g2lKHNj.jpg

**hot yoga**

:glasses: choke~~

:dizzy: omo... started:

Evil aunt tells him to get a better gal and asks if he can keep uri GB with his Cinderella amnesia condition.

MS tells her not to touch his gal. He will not give up...

Anyone here? Can 'pretend' comment something then i can continue posting... hahaaa...tks

*continue*

She says words from family hurt more (compared to outsiders) and asks if he is ok. He asks her back hahaaa... 

She wants to have happiness and wants MS to remember beautiful memories of her

GB: GMS curse will erase today's unhappiness

Archived