[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Okay. First chance I get, I am definitely going to go back and re-watch the first episode. I agree that it doesn't make sense to think that KBS would kill the actor, so it probably was the man in black who killed the actor.

So, that begs the question, does KBS actually think that GB somehow really killed the actor? It's more likely that KBS doesn't care who killed the actor as long as it gets pinned on GB. It's very strange how KBS is wiling to send GB to prison as a petty revenge. Then again, KBS mentioned that GB has to go to jail in order for himself to live, and I think it's more than just that he had roofied GB and had basically sold her to the dead actor guy.

Anyway, it definitely feels as if we're finding out more of what happened 3 years ago along with MS.  :)

He is definitely petty. I've noticed a certain pattern in his behaviour. He is very consistent. He hated it, when JGB didn't follow his order... therefore he saw it as a justification to do something behind her back. Notice that he even warns and threatens LDI that something bad could happen to her, if she doesn't do what he wants. As we can see, KBS thinks himself as a god who has a saying in his stars' career. They should live the way he wants them to. He considers them as objects which he can disposed of, when they no longer fill their purpose. This would explain why KBS resents JGB so much. She represents his failure... she never followed his orders and when he tried to play god with her life, it didn't go the way he wanted. He lost the actor he wanted to have in his agency, JGB's career got tarnished. She is a annoyance in his eyes, as she is a reminder of his own failure and true nature: he is not a god. 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If I remember right, he yelled at GB at one point that he was kicked out of his agency over the events of 3 years ago. The failure to get the dead actor into his agency and GB's bottoming out took his standing in the industry to nothing. Though he then went to make something with HI, so it couldn't have been a total loss of everything.

I think this is well said. KBS does think of himself as a god to have his "stars" do his every command. He's the starmaker with the true power rather than any talent or effort that the stars may make, and they should all acknowledge it and kowtow to it. Therefor he takes their refusals as personal affronts. I'm curious if he'll actually take any action against HI for going against his orders as well, though since HI comes from a rich family, she's not as beholden to him.

That's what he said but I wouldn't take his words as face value because he still runs an Entertainment company and he was able to stop JGB from getting any contract in the industry which outlines his real power. He didn't lose that much as he was able to steal LDI from the other manager. He was even able to ruin the other. To me, JGB symbolizes his "failure" in the sense that due to her, he had to change his plans. Right now, he is again acting like a god (involving the prosecution office, the media aso), however he seems to forget that LDI won't be renewing her contract with him. He is so obsessed with JGB that he has forgotten that if he loses LDI, he might ruin his own career. He warned LDI that she could lose everything due to him (if he wants to)... so he showed her that he saw himself as a god. I sense that KBS might play a dirty trick on LDI too (just like with JGB) so that the truth will be revealed. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@ktcjdrama, I think I'm seeing you in multiple threads right now. We seem to be aligning our viewing for the moment. :D This OTP is definitely cute. :wub:

Not sure who is cuter, the OTP in this drama of Terius and the Twins in the other drama. I suppose they are different types of cute. :)

:D I am at a very rare period where I can indulge in drama-watching. So trying to get the most out of it before the situation changes.

Out of the many dramas I am watching now, these two dramas are especially dear because they put a lot of smiles on my face lately ;)

And, I am actively brushing up on my Korean too!

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, he is not. First, It looks like KBS is being blackmailed. The man in black is asking for money. And this proves that KBS was not the one who hired him. Remember that KBS thought, there was no witness except GMS. However, the man in black was hired by someone else... and saw that KBS is involved in the scandal with JGB. Either he must have recognized JGB (when she was with GMS during the afternoon) hence when he found JGB, he must have followed JGB and witnessed the scene where the actor put the roofie in it. Or when he entered the room that had been paid by GMS's credit card, he thought that the actor was GMS. After killing him, he must have noticed that JGB was under the influence of a roofie. He knows that KBS can not reveal anything hence he can make some money with the blackmail.

I am not really following what you've written above, but I think I need to revisit Hainan and then try to digest the above again. The room paid by GMS's credit card -- is our assumption of what might have happened, right? Or was it actually shown in the first episode? I can't remember.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, since KBS has JGB's bag, this means that KBS went to the room where JGB was and the man in black must have seen him.

I think it is not JGB's real handbag. In the subbed episode I watched, he said he went through a lot of troubles to buy the identical bag to what GB was using that day. And he also asked the other man what kind of evidence should be put inside the bag to make it useful.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am not really following what you've written above, but I think I need to revisit Hainan and then try to digest the above again. The room paid by GMS's credit card -- is our assumption of what might have happened, right? Or was it actually shown in the first episode? I can't remember.

I think it is not JGB's real handbag. In the subbed episode I watched, he said he went through a lot of troubles to buy the identical bag to what GB was using that day. And he also asked the other man what kind of evidence should be put inside the bag to make it useful.

I am sorry that my post confused you. So let me explain my theory again. First I had noticed that GMS had booked a room for the night as he had decided to stay with JGB. And here is my proof that he must have used his credit card:

DJ 1 hotel 2.png

JGB had no purse and no phone hence she couldn't have booked any room. Moreover, we could see that GMS spent some time at the reservation desk because during that time, JGB fell asleep. What I didn't notice back then was they went to two different hotels... because in the scene before, they had gone to a certain hotel asking if there was any reservation under her name Joy.DJ 1 hotel 1.png

Notice the difference between the two desks... Since the first picture was shown right after the other scene (second picture), I didn't notice back then that they were at two different hotels. However the halls were also different. 

So my idea was that the man in black Thumbnail was actually trying to track down GMS because he had been hired to kill GMS. Nonetheless since GMS missed the flight due to JGB, he had lost his target. Based on this picture, the target is definitely GMS and not Joy. The man is standing next to GMS's rented car. In order to find out about the whereabouts of GMS, he looked for GMS's rented car. He could only know where GMS was thanks to the car. And this means that he must have had access to GMS's credit card account... either the client gave him the info or the killer looked into it himself. Therefore we have to assume that when GMS booked the room for the night, the hit man got aware of it. He knew where GMS would spend the night. So we have two different kind of hotels and GMS booked one room. Yet he never spent the night there as he got injured due to the truck accident. Notice that in the last picture, they are running away hence the killer lost them again in that scene... yet he knew where GMS would appear.

Now this is my theory based on assumptions. There was some mixed up and the actor decided to use GMS's booked room, unaware that this room was paid by someone else. Like for example, GMS could have given Joy a hotel key in case that she doesn't find her colleague and she has a room to stay for the night. IT is possible that GMS booked the room under Joy's name but paid with his credit card... hence when JGB fainted, the actor found the hotel in Joy's purse and decided to use her room. That way, he could protect himself from any rape accusation. Using her hotel key  signified that Joy had invited him to her room and she never got raped.

So back to our killer... he tried to locate GMS due to the credit card account. Then he must have heard that the room was booked under the name of Joy hence when he saw the man bringing Joy to the hotel room, he thought that the actor was the target. So he killed him by mistake, thinking that he was GMS.

I hope, this is now more understandable.  

@bebebisous33 thank you so much! for taking the time to explain in more details. Now I get what you mean. But I still need to rewatch first episode because for all their hotel hopping, I was thinking they were only looking for GB's original room reservation. Never thought that MS actually reserved a room for himself or for Joy. His decision to cancel his flight and stay the night was after all the scenes at front desks, by the pool.

Then he was also still sending GB back to the place where she last lost contact with her assistants for one last try to find them, whom GB spotted but pulled him to run away. So I never thought a room was ever booked. 

It could be a miss in translation (first picture). Anyhow, I will go and watch the Chinese subs and get back to you if there is a difference. 

36 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@bebebisous33 thank you so much! for taking the time to explain in more details. Now I get what you mean. But I still need to rewatch first episode because for all their hotel hopping, I was thinking they were only looking for GB's original room reservation. Never thought that MS actually reserved a room for himself or for Joy. His decision to cancel his flight and stay the night was after all the scenes at front desks, by the pool.

Then he was also still sending GB back to the place where she last lost contact with her assistants for one last try to find them, whom GB spotted but pulled him to run away. So I never thought a room was ever booked. 

It could be a miss in translation (first picture). Anyhow, I will go and watch the Chinese subs and get back to you if there is a difference. 

And this proves me that he wanted to make sure that Joy has a roof over her head for the night. In case, she didn't find her colleagues... In the best case, he could have used it for himself.

:blink: started:

Aunt not happy with his decision 

MS tells aunt not to be greedy and be kind...

He asks her to apologise to BG family. She why apologise-  just give them money...

MS says she has hurt their feelings and she will lose whatever she owns now (sounds like he is threatening her)

** spotted Only one clip **:sweat_smile:

Cr mbn:

:lol:Continue:

Haha... he says the plushie has no mouth - cant answer him

Actress Ha-Im msg him tells him to manage her galfren well - he is pissed.

:love::kiss_wink: 5 kisses

Omo...he  recalls seeing baddie Kim

:grimace: **continues**

His memories coming back ...he wonders who is that guy beside Kim:

Sec Yang shows him the news clip:

Spoiler

She tells him the bag is not hers.

He says he knows everything.

Spoiler

:dizzy: exciting part: 

He recalls more now

He confronts Kim and says that Kim is the one who killed the actor ...

Preview:

Oh great!!! More muaks next week:kiss_wink:

I never ship drama couples off screen ever but CJH and SHY really make me want to ship them in real life. I know its just their job but they're convincing the hell out of me that they are truly in love. They must be super friendly with each other off screen coz I don't think I've ever seen actors kissing so comfortably and naturally in kdramas...like these two are doing in this. Usually one or the other always, always goes stiff and awkward....you can always tell by the hands and body language. 

MS doing his jealous ranting to the toy was cute....getting madder by the minute.....then the bell rings and he sees GB with a big smile standing outside and all his jealousy and upset just goes ....whoosh, in an instant. I loved the way he just sighed and gave up.  

The making kimbap dinner and the whole kitchen scene was overflowing with a married couple vibes. Call the super tall hubby lazying on the couch to reach the top shelf.....then the hubby gets touchy feely and grabs the chance for a back hug.:wub:

This is what good actors can do with an average script....CONVINCE the audience despite all the logic fails glaring in your face.

I'm absolutely convinced about the leads and their love for each other but its all the rest thats driving me crazy.....and no matter how hard I try I can't ignore the things that don't make sense to me.

Anyways, I just pity MS so much right now. His condition is worsening and the one person he could trust to share that with, the doctor, has back stabbed him for his own materialistic gains. He really can't talk about it with anyone. I wish he would tell GB but I'm not too sure he will coz that will just make her sad and add more upset to her already full plate....or at least he should get a second opinion for Gods sake.

My hope is KBS or the aunt might go crazy and try to kill him again....another hit and run??....and this time he'll get a good doctor...who'll actually heal him instead of screwing up his head.

The case is reopened and KBS gave a bag full of lies along with the fake bag to the police. Just one thing though....how the hell will they pin this on GB... nothing in that room had her fingerprints on it. Even the glass the dead dirt bag actor used to overdose himself had only his prints. And I don't think KBS put GB's prints on anything while she was unconscious. And the purse....its a fake without even a partial print of GB on it....how is that supposed to work...the police will do their job, right? hopefully?

At least MS regained enough of his memory from 3 years ago to connect the dots between the tattoo parlor, KBS and the dead guy(keep forgetting his name).

Preview doesn't show GB getting arrested or anything.....though she does get questioned and face crazy fan girl nastiness....MS saves her from getting hit by eggs.....I really want everyone to know what a richard simmons that dead actor was....especially those girls working for GB's bestie.

Right now LHI is going through what GB was facing in the first episode. KBS is making her do something that she absolutely doesn't want. I also think LHI is leaving his company thats why he was being so aggressive with her.

And SKJ finally made me care about him....really felt for him when he was crying alone. Seems like except for MS he is alone, despite his family and friends. MS is the only one who actually truly cares for him and KJ knows this too. I didn't understand completely what he was saying while crying...but I think he might know his mother is evil and out for MS's money....not too sure.

Thankfully we have lots of OTP moments in the next episode too...instead of jail and hospital scenes as I was fearing.

@stroppyse It seems that GMS will jump to the conclusion that KBS is responsible for the actor's death. However, KBS will reveal that he knows more. Throwing dirty bombs means to me that he witnessed something. In my opinion, GMS is about to find out that he was the real target of the crime three years ago. If my theory is correct, then we have to ask ourselves : who is the culprit? The chairman Gong (the aunt) or the doctor Yoon...? After watching the episode 11, it has been confirmed that Yoon has never been on the chairman's side, like he underlined it himself. Moreover, the fact that he keeps saying to both (aunt and GMS) that the heir is about to die could be perceived as a clue that Yoon might be the one who wants GMS to die. Maybe he tried to incite the aunt to get rid of her nephew (f. ex. with the lights and the fake death incident).

@bebebisous33   said:

It seems that GMS will jump to the conclusion that KBS is responsible for the actor's death. However, KBS will reveal that he knows more. Throwing dirty bombs means to me that he witnessed something. In my opinion, GMS is about to find out that he was the real target of the crime three years ago. If my theory is correct, then we have to ask ourselves : who is the culprit? The chairman Gong (the aunt) or the doctor Yoon...? After watching the episode 11, it has been confirmed that Yoon has never been on the chairman's side, like he underlined it himself. Moreover, the fact that he keeps saying to both (aunt and GMS) that the heir is about to die could be perceived as a clue that Yoon might be the one who wants GMS to die. Maybe he tried to incite the aunt to get rid of her nephew (f. ex. with the lights and the fake death incident).

Things you listed about what happened the day 3 three years ago made my head zip around.  :sweatingbullets: haha  Then suddenly I remembered the scene (after GB left MS on the stairs)  where GB cajoled her assistant about going some place ( to meet MS).    It means GB found her group.  So after waiting for MS, GB returned to her hotel where she ran into the dopey actor.  ((** Isn’t the actor staying in a different room/place like a private suit??))   
When I first saw your photo (you posted it before) of the man saying ‘found the target,’  I went back to the first half of EP1 and watched some scenes repeatedly.  Well we know the writer has an upper hand in any trolling game.B)   What I saw was a lot of fragmented fuzzy stuff here and there.   I had to guess that MS might make a reservation from what the person behind the counter said.   Yet it wasn’t clear whether MS did for GB, because when MS awoke GB he didn’t mention the room reservation.  And MS cancelled his flight afterward.  -_-:unsure:
In the preview(ep13)  KBS said something about throwing dirty bombs. So far I don’t have a feeling KBS has any connection with either the aunt or Dr Yoon  3 years ago.  So one possibility could be when he had someone to find more info about MS  he may came across a dirty secret.  KBS learned about MS’s medical problem. Maybe his man found a contact in the hospital.  Another crazy thinking; maybe that fat man who was with the aunt & Dr Yoon all time in the meeting found Dr Yoon’s dirty trick with MS?  Sorry this sounds too far fetched right??:) 
If the actor died accidentally from a drug overdose, It’s KBS who got the drug for him so he tried to frame GB??   
The man with a phone => possible with Dr Yoon?
I know DJ is a romcom with shade of suspense/mystery just enough to entice and juice up our appetite.   

@booha About the hotel reservation: you are right that it is confusing. Only by paying attention, we realize that a room was booked. However, GMS never mentioned it to JGB afterwards. But here is the thing: it is just that we were never shown such a scene, like giving a hotel key or something like that. In my opinion, (if my theory is correct) it is deliberate because if the writer had shown it before, it would have been more obvious that JGB's scandal is linked to GMS... 

To me, the writer is trying to keep the suspense and mystery till the end. 

Well, when she met the actor at the bar, it was at the hotel where she was supposed to stay for the night. But who says that the actor would go to his room or to her room in that hotel? KBS knows that JGB is very close with her stylist, the chance to run into her would be pretty high... so going to his room was a possibility. Yet, if he had done that, then pressing charges against the actor for rape would have been easier for her. To me, in order to do so, the actor (can't remember his name) had to keep a low profile in order not to get recognized. 

As long as we didn't see any room key, this doesn't mean that GMS's booked room wasn't used at all.    

Archived