[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ktcjdrama I have just finished watching the last episode and it has become clear that MHJ died due to drugs. I am a little disappointed because this makes the police and prosecution office look really stupid. Honestly, there are a few things that bother me with this explanation:

- The death occurred in China. So why is Seoul prosecution office now involved? It doesn't make any sense to me.

- How can the evil manager KBs enter the hotel room without a key? He just pushed the door.

- There were so many CCTV in the hotel. The police could easily see that MHJ was not alone and JGB was already under the influence of the roofie. The manager helped him to carry her.

- Back then, the police should have taken a blood sample from JGB in order to see if she was drugged. They would have discovered the roofie drug. 

Now, someone brings a bag saying that it belonged to JGB. There are no finger prints from her. 

By the way, I am wondering if GMS is taking some pills. When he was in the bathroom and felt dizzy, I had the impression that he had a box full of pills in his hand (in the other he had the toothbrush). If so, could it be that GMS is getting poisoned with the medicine so that GMS really thinks that he is about to die?  

I am disappointed with the reason for his death too. How could people be saying that JGB was the one who murdered him when it was clearly a case of OD.

- Like stroppsye mentioned, it is possible that Seoul prosecution be involved due to their nationality, but still, to me it should be an easy case to settle since it is an OD case. It shouldn't have killed JGB's career, imo. It's not like it's a ruthless murder, you know.

- The entering the room, a loophole I bet. He didn't even try to knock or whatever, just pushed the door, as if knowing it is not locked.

- Agree with the CCTV. Definitely poor investigation. Unless it was some kind of cheap hotel/motel, which also explains the unlocked door, lol

- As for the roofie drugs, I just remembered that now, there is a drug that leaves no trace at all. Forgot what it's called but there have been warnings to female to avoid drinking with strangers because of this kind of drug to avoid date rape. But in anyways, since one person is OD'd, the other party in the same room should be tested for drugs abuse as well, unless it is legal in Hainan, I don't know...

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I'm only on episode 9.. one question, why is MS' door code 5959 and what does it have to do with JGB?

I'm at the scene where he couldn't remember his door code so he calls JGB over and he tells her to look into the door and then asks her to sing one verse of her song and she refuses and for some reason he recalls the code is 5959. What did I miss? What does it stand for?

4 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Guys, I'm only on episode 9.. one question, why is MS' door code 5959 and what does it have to do with JGB?

I'm at the scene where he couldn't remember his door code so he calls JGB over and he tells her to look into the door and then asks her to sing one verse of her song and she refuses and for some reason he recalls the code is 5959. What did I miss? What does it stand for?

When MS learned someone got his code and sneaked into his house, he changed his pass code. So sec Yang asked what the new pass code was. But MS only told him it’s related to GB.  Later when MS couldn’t remember the code and asked sec Yang,  he said he didn’t know the code and MS only told him it was about GB.  So MS figured the answer was in her and called her.   haha  Yes MS knew instantly what the code was when he saw GB’s adorable refusing expression.

Here is the team of members who helped it out (thanks):   @Irly found about 5959 and @stroppyse  gave additional  info about it and @supergal99 made a gif. :)

@Irly

http://supernad2.tumblr.com/post/133060831473/what-is-5959-meaning

Anonymous asked: What is 5959 meaning?

5959 means 5 = O or Oh , 9 = Gu in hangul.. So when repeated it’ll become OhGu OhGu (in a cute aegyo way…so it’s sounded like ohgoo~ ohgoo~ like you’re teasing a baby )

@stroppyse

"5959" in Korean is pronounced "Oh-goo-oh-goo" and those sounds are the ones that one makes to a cute baby when you're looking at him/her and trying to get the baby to respond to you. So, when it's said to a person, it indicates that one thinks that the other person is so adorable. Unless it's said mockingly, of course. But MS does really think that GB is adorable, so he's teasing her when he says it to her while skritching her chin rather than that he's mocking her. I thought it was cute.

@supergal99 

O..kay... password is...

SBW2OWF.gif

(Open sesame)

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Heck, when even a dating scandal can torpedo an actress' career, I think just being found at the presence of a such a tawdry death would be enough to bring her down. Koreans tend to like their female celebrities to be "pure". Drugs and death in a hotel room definitely is a tawdry scandal. The only way she's going to get absolution is for it to be shown that she is a victim who was drugged and taken there. That's why I wonder if the CCTV at the hotel is going to come into play anyway. Or if there was a witness to her drugged state and being carried into the hotel.

I had forgotten for a minute there how nasty the fans in Korea could be. If there isn't any cctv, maybe we can hope that the evil manager in his heat of revenge and arrogance will blurt out the truth and got convicted instead. We do need JGB to be absolved even though she may seems to be coping fine already with the case. So it is probably a good thing the manager reopen the case as it gives her the chance to prove her innocence. 

@booha Thanks so much for the explanation! I would've never known what 5959 meant without your explanation. I do love that scene and CJH is so adorable in the way he smiles and looks at her.

Man, I hate evil manager guy so much!!!!!! If only I can reach across the screen and just whack! slap him.

PS. I also love JGB's family. Despite her downfall and the fact that people hate her, they're supportive of her and love her.

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, I am wondering if GMS is taking some pills. When he was in the bathroom and felt dizzy, I had the impression that he had a box full of pills in his hand (in the other he had the toothbrush). If so, could it be that GMS is getting poisoned with the medicine so that GMS really thinks that he is about to die?  

sorry to cut your post

As soon as I read about the possible pill box you mentioned I quickly rechecked the scene.  Sadly it didn’t look like that. 

Now with only 4 eps more left, I began brain storming about MS’s problem(whatever he is having) and how it would go away at the end.
But I dread that the writer might hang onto the dementia stuff for MS.   If it is so I will be very crushed.   There is another weekend drama(marry me now) which has the lead with dementia (Alzheimer)   This must be a big social problem in Korea.  Or I should say it is a big problem for many countries as people are living longer and there is no cure for it.    Few days ago I came across an article about people with dementia (Alzheimer’s)  and how to handle them like the one MS talks about the healing village.  
I know the writer wants to say something about the issue of dementia(Alzheimer’s) and there is an alternative approach to handle the people with  problems.  But I wish the writer would remember that DJ is a romcom drama.   I hate to see MS with GB while living with dementia.  That’s really cruel for us.  How about  MS’s dementia/or dementia like symptoms  is a hoax by Dr Yoon’s fabrication?  hehe   The writer surely knows how to put me on the edge of my seat.  

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@booha Thanks so much for the explanation! I would've never known what 5959 meant without your explanation. I do love that scene and CJH is so adorable in the way he smiles and looks at her.

Man, I hate evil manager guy so much!!!!!! If only I can reach across the screen and just whack! slap him.

PS. I also love JGB's family. Despite her downfall and the fact that people hate her, they're supportive of her and love her.

Yes me too I was very amused about  5959 after reading about it  The scene shows great timing between lines of MS and GB.    It made the scene more enjoyable to watch.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I had forgotten for a minute there how nasty the fans in Korea could be. If there isn't any cctv, maybe we can hope that the evil manager in his heat of revenge and arrogance will blurt out the truth and got convicted instead. We do need JGB to be absolved even though she may seems to be coping fine already with the case. So it is probably a good thing the manager reopen the case as it gives her the chance to prove her innocence. 

I can’t see him blurting out the truth when he seemed to have convinced himself that GB killed the actor. Now that it turns out that the truth will destroy him, I’m glad that he’s indeed culpable. To go as far as planting evidence to try to destroy someone else’s life, it’s poetic justice that his retribution should be the same as he tried to inflict. I also want the dead actor’s deeds fully exposed. GB has suffered too many accusations because of that attempted rapist. 

Regarding GMS, he seems lonely. It must be frightening to experience those symptoms alone. I wish he would open up to GB because I think it would be nice to have his loved one share in these trials with him. It’s not just all about the good times or nice moments. I would love to see him rely on GB more.

yup..there are too many loopholes in the actor’s murder case that’s difficult to ignore. it makes the case sounds like a side story and not relevant to the plot. hopefully by next week, this issue will be resolved.

rewatching our OTP first kiss in the first episode..I’m getting teary..it’s so sad tbh

So just read the drama about to air after this is Yoon Eun Hye and Chung Jung Myung drama 'Fluttering warning'.

MBN is really on a roll here with their romance dramas. I'm seriously considering sticking with them for my rom-com dose. 

Hmm, I’m not sure about HE for this drama since there are so many hints in this drama that GMS memory is deteriorating and it seems that he’s preparing that village for him to live there. If GMS still alive but has dementia and only remember JGB, would you consider it as HE? It is maybe HE for their relationship but it’s a bit sad imho...

Knew it. Numpty pervert actor ODed and called doing all Manager who them found him dead and framed our girl.  I knew he supplied the drugs but to be so hands on as to carry her and server up to him like a steak dinner.....nah man hell too good for them. First thought seeing that reveal was haha instant karma you sick perverted bastard. Now time for karma to come knocking on Evil Managers door. Jun-soo Kyo is playing him well cause boi every time he come pan me tv I want to smack him so hard make him choke on da gum.

GB should be able to provide transaction records showing the sale of the bag. Plus sure as it involved drugs and a death police should have hotel video hopefully that they never bother checking.

Saw some comments about the drugs. If my memory serves me right from living in SK, doesn't matter if you take drugs on the moon, if you're a Korean citizen they can still charge you once you come back home to SK. So manager deffo don't want his involvement revealed.

Think GB is gonna have to stick to GMS like glue so that all his memories have her there so then he starts building up short to memory which eventually become long term and this will help his brain to start healing in a way so it doesn't deteriorate any further causing death. They'll live happily ever after in healing world kinda like 50 first dates style.....Roll on next week karma do your thing!!!!

5 hours ago, jigah said:

Hmm, I’m not sure about HE for this drama since there are so many hints in this drama that GMS memory is deteriorating and it seems that he’s preparing that village for him to live there. If GMS still alive but has dementia and only remember JGB, would you consider it as HE? It is maybe HE for their relationship but it’s a bit sad imho...

@jigah I was actually just thinking about this earlier.. that there's a possibility that GMS will end up living in Healing Village and might actually suffer from memory loss but will only retain his memories of her. Although the thought of it would be romantic, I think it's kinda sad. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

I really like the ost part 3 especially the English part they play behind the kiss scene in episode 6. Does somebody know the lyrics coz I can’t figure out the other parts... It starts with 

A yellow ribbbon tries.... 

I want to play it with my ukelele and sing the English part, somebody please!

2 hours ago, Emzsmith said:

I really like the ost part 3 especially the English part they play behind the kiss scene in episode 6. Does somebody know the lyrics coz I can’t figure out the other parts... It starts with 

A yellow ribbbon tries.... 

I want to play it with my ukelele and sing the English part, somebody please!

That's the English version of ost part 3 - Tuk Tuk (툭툭).. I was also looking for that, but seems it's not yet released. Also, I'm dying to know that background music they used in Ep 1, the first time they laid eyes on each other in front of that beautiful building in Hainan, with matching church bell sounds.. I think it was really romantic. :wub:

I've finally caught up with all the episodes!

I find it crazy that evil manager guy keeps pestering JGB and GMS considering that he's the guilty party. It's only making GMS remember him more. You'd think he would have laid low all these years but instead he keeps badgering JGB. I can't wait to see him fall. I hate him so much.

I love Secretary Yang. It's so cute how he even prepared a powerpoint presentation explaining to GMS his family tree and who's good and who's evil. LOL and I love how he takes care of GMS. I was thinking, if GMS ends up in Healing Village, maybe he'll appoint Secretary Yang as acting CEO or someone who has the authority to carry out GMS' wishes. (I still hope GMS does not end up in Healing Village.. or worse, dying!)

@supergal99

Oops sorry chingu   Actually it occurred to me whether  this IG might be yours. Then I forgot to ask.  Something must have distracted me.  Yeah it’s your work.  Shouldn’t anyone ask for permission or give credit when one uploads someone else’s work??  Oh well.  PS I changed the photo.
Here is one for you ( though it isn’t a recent one)   What happens to MS’s shower scene!!  I wish I could  give to you  MS’s gold medal of appreciation for  sharing your works here.  Your works made watching DJ so much more enjoyable.    

Spoiler

cNOtvsU.gif

Archived