[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Go Seung Ji

I am glad that Yul learned the entire situation and decided to trust her again and give her a break because ultimately she's not just a colleague he trust but as CW said she's someone he genuinely likes and trusts. His eye wasn't wrong when he saw her and saw potential and an ally. They made me really sad this week but we brought it back at the end there. Someone recognizing that she's not okay that actually has the power to help her is really good too. Even though her friends, YY especially, know she's having a rough time there's not much they could do to help her besides be by her side even while she feels like she's drowning. Yul comforting her in the break room was really sweet, nicely shot, and you could see the sadness in his eyes and the sadness but also relief in hers. Really well acted by both actors. I do wish we got to see more of GW's mindset and process of deciding to become a driver and drop out because he clearly is doing this because he wants to support his mom and the family. I would've liked that more than office politics but it is what it is and though it would've been nice to get more, I do like what we did get. And I'll be really happy for JA to be able to go to work with her own name, if she chooses. Idk how they'll explain that but I wish them luck. I found their stuff more compelling this week, even though it was just as angsty it feels more real than corporate bullcrap yknow? Maybe that's just me. 

For me the real MVPs this week were the Video Department team. Them paying Cutter back in coins was classic I love them so much and their commitment to their department and team. I wonder who Cutters insiders are... and I like YY's resolution to do what she needs to for the department. It's in line with what we've seen from her. I'm sad CW has moved out :( i like cohabitation stuff and now they won't even see each other at work and Bong will definitely be keeping her super busy (and making her miserable tbh). I'm not sure if he's supposed to be the ultimate villain or...? And BN seems to be the real brains of the takeover tbh, all the plans are hers. How is Cutter going to be handled, and her? Any thoughts? 

• Like 4

Something trivia   haha
BJH once did this (너구리raccoon)  ramen CF .     This brand of ramen is very popular and my favorite one.   I have eaten it all this time not knowing the brand name is raccoon.   So this is indirect product endorsement??   Very cleverly transformed it

CW’s  raccoon key peeks out from his back pocket.   I know it’s supposed to be a cute scene. But in kdrama  a male lead usually wears  tight pants. So how could it be tugged into the pocket.  Maybe a staff tore its tail off.   Nay  Hopefully a skillful staff managed to put raccoon into the back pocket (with some big slaps on CW’s butt so it didn’t bulge out too much??   haha)     So one of staff spotted the tail.:blink::lol:

Zvt58qQ.gif

sKUuPfM.gif

KEA59Oi.jpg

cr to DC

Spoiler

BJH (2011)

yUlvnD3.jpg

cr to DC

2 hours ago, Lyna said:

8 hours ago, RobinM said:

Hope not because She has had a boyfriend since last year :)

She dating Yoon Hyun min (the actor in Witch Court) I believe.

BJH and CD are from the same agency.:ph34r: 

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

What I really liked in episode 14 was the peek into Jung-ae's mind. She truly is the victim of her own life, a perpetual doormat who just keeps taking it and never stands up for herself. It can get really frustrating to watch but it is true that people like that exist and they don't do it without a reason; everyone has a reason for their behavior, after all. 

It was somehow tragic to hear Jung-ae voice her logic; if she just endures, everything will be better. If she allows people to walk over her, status quo won't be shaken and things will fall back in order. Eventually. This is her coping mechanism and so it is understandable that she follows it even when it's clear it isn't working anymore; her husband left her no matter how hard she endured him and his cheating; her son is not coming around no matter how far she stretches her patience. Jung-ae has learned to push aside her own wants and needs, to ignore her own hurt and pain. Not that she doesn't feel them keenly, but she soldiers on and never addresses the issue. 

It saddens me think where she has learned this coping mechanism from. These usually form very early on during the childhood and as Jung-ae is the older sister, maybe her needs were constantly ignored at the expense of her younger sister, making Jung-ae a sort of a co-parent at the age when she should've been at the receiving end instead of the care-giving end. My poor baby Jung-ae. :(

This is why I think Yul is an extremely important influence on Jung-ae. Because he is literally the first to recognise Jung-ae's pain and to acknowledge it matters*. And it was also very satisfying to see how she finally snapped in regards to her son and for ONCE voiced her own feelings instead of trying to make him feel better. The boy needs that, he needs to take his head out of his own *ss and understand other people and their feelings are important, too. I've given him a LOT of leeway because he's a teenager and his father abandoned him, but enough is enough. 

I really hope Jung-ae will find her backbone and will learn to stand up for herself. She's a gentle soul so obviously she won't be very insistent or passionate while doing it, which is fine, but I do hope she will start to value herself and will stop being a doormat. She is precious, after all. 

*There are Jung-ae's friends, of course, but I think at this point she needed this from someone else. Someone, who isn't close to you, because that's how we people are. I do not disregard the value of her friends and I know they care a great deal, but you can see Jung-ae was used to put up a facade even for them. 

• Like 6

OKAY FOUND A NORMAL VIDEO FROM INSTAGRAM....

EPISODE 15 PREVIEW!!!

heheheheh -evil laugh- all Chi-Won's group are looking at Senior Managing Director Cho evily/bad/mad/and every evil intention to either kill him or hurt him LMAO

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for Cho that cactus better give him a big whopping on his hand!!!!

Please please please someone translate!!!!! i can only understand around 5% or less korean words beign spoken!!!

@booha pls help us in understanding the preview XD

Edited by jmcastle
FOUND A NORMAL PACED VIDEO!!!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@jmcastle   @sophierai21  @0ly40    thanks

Preview EP15

(CW)You couldn’t even figure it out yet. 

(staff) Do you think he might be returning to his old character?   (staff) Could it be YYssi isn’t here?   

(YY) This is (**?) executive secretary, JYY  

(YY) Director nim     (YY) Now we live separately, you are more attentive/devoted    

(staff) Today YYssi  replacement  secretary is …     

(CW) For that place, just leave it vacant till the owner  returns  

(Bong) (? Inaudible: You come to the place )   (YY) aishh   

(YY) Do you have a clear(?) detailed statement?  

(CW) I will make the first batch and send it to a reporter(?)  

(YY) Okay  

(Cutter) When I become VP, you all be cut.  

(CW) Therefore you should be nervous 

TEKVNuS.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, redfrog said:

What I really liked in episode 14 was the peek into Jung-ae's mind. She truly is the victim of her own life, a perpetual doormat who just keeps taking it and never stands up for herself. It can get really frustrating to watch but it is true that people like that exist and they don't do it without a reason; everyone has a reason for their behavior, after all. 

I

Spoiler

It was somehow tragic to hear Jung-ae voice her logic; if she just endures, everything will be better. If she allows people to walk over her, status quo won't be shaken and things will fall back in order. Eventually. This is her coping mechanism and so it is understandable that she follows it even when it's clear it isn't working anymore; her husband left her no matter how hard she endured him and his cheating; her son is not coming around no matter how far she stretches her patience. Jung-ae has learned to push aside her own wants and needs, to ignore her own hurt and pain. Not that she doesn't feel them keenly, but she soldiers on and never addresses the issue. 

It saddens me think where she has learned this coping mechanism from. These usually form very early on during the childhood and as Jung-ae is the older sister, maybe her needs were constantly ignored at the expense of her younger sister, making Jung-ae a sort of a co-parent at the age when she should've been at the receiving end instead of the care-giving end. My poor baby Jung-ae. :(

This is why I think Yul is an extremely important influence on Jung-ae. Because he is literally the first to recognise Jung-ae's pain and to acknowledge it matters*. And it was also very satisfying to see how she finally snapped in regards to her son and for ONCE voiced her own feelings instead of trying to make him feel better. The boy needs that, he needs to take his head out of his own *ss and understand other people and their feelings are important, too. I've given him a LOT of leeway because he's a teenager and his father abandoned him, but enough is enough. 

I really hope Jung-ae will find her backbone and will learn to stand up for herself. She's a gentle soul so obviously she won't be very insistent or passionate while doing it, which is fine, but I do hope she will start to value herself and will stop being a doormat. She is precious, after all. 

*There are Jung-ae's friends, of course, but I think at this point she needed this from someone else. Someone, who isn't close to you, because that's how we people are. I do not disregard the value of her friends and I know they care a great deal, but you can see Jung-ae was used to put up a facade even for them. 

I do wonder how she ended up becoming such a pitiful person.. And I still don't understand how a 30-something year old woman doesn't know how to type or use a smartphone in modern day S.Korea! 

This is a really interesting and insightful post because I have been thinking about it and one of the reasons I have not been a big fan of Jung Ae's subplot is because on a personal level I can't relate to being so passive and such a doormat so I find it very frustrating to watch. When she was begging her piece of crap husband not to leave her and blaming herself I was horrified for her and couldn't understand how she could humiliate herself for a man who has treated her so badly.

I feel bad because I DO like her.  She is such a sweet, kind person with so much potential and from the brief glimpse we got of her relationship with her crappy husband it was clear that he was emotionally abusive and years of treatment like that would have worn away any self-confidence she might have had.  The saddest part is if not for him leaving her penniless to run of with his other family she would very likely have continued to put up with it. :( What he did was awful but it has forced JA to take a leap she probably would never have been brave enough to take and another chance at living her life so I do hope she can become a stronger, independent lady living not just for others but for herself too.

These should be her new life anthems! :D

I Will Survive - gloria Gaynor

Destiny's Child - Independent Women, Pt. 1

• Like 1

I'm sad we don't have any Yul or JA in the preview :( I really have been looking forward to them the most the past 3 weeks or so. I'm definitely gonna enjoy Cutter making even more of a jerk out of himself and finally losing that's for sure. And I'm looking forward to CW becoming even *more* attentive of YY because they don't have as much time together. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, booha said:

@jmcastle   @sophierai21  @0ly40    thanks

Preview EP15

(CW)You couldn’t even figure it out yet. 

(staff) Do you think he might be returning to his old character?   (staff) Could it be YYssi isn’t here?   

(YY) This is (**?) executive secretary, JYY  

(YY) Director nim     (YY) Now we live separately, you are more attentive/devoted    

(staff) Today YYssi  replacement  secretary is …     

(CW) For that place, just leave it vacant till the owner  returns  

(Bong) (? Inaudible: You come to the place )   (YY) aishh   

(YY) Do you have a clear(?) detailed statement?  

(CW) I will make the first batch and send it to a reporter(?)  

(YY) Okay  

(Cutter) When I become VP, you all be cut.  

(CW) Therefore you should be nervous 

cr to DC

@0ly40, @sophierai21 Thank you for posting the previews and 

@booha Thank you for the translation

It doesn't feel like there are only 2 episodes left... 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Long Long week for me but finally all sorted . With regards to last week’s episode, I was initially a little mad that Yy & NCW had to separate both at home & at work. But after thinking about it , regardless of whether it is a cultural thing or it’s the show hamming it up or even if it’s company policy - it’s a conflict of interest for them to be dating especially when NCW is her direct superior. Issues like whether he’d be impartial during performance reviews etc is bound to crop up .So in most companies, it is quite common for one party to change departments. Hence I calmed down after that. But still I would like this being a drama to defy logic or real life & have her return to the vid department.

I can see why this whole issue for OTP has been blown up & out of proportion this way. The heart of the matter isn’t really because they did anything wrong . They are both single & free to mingle. Here the problem is that NCW is being witch-hunted . Cutter & Bong want him out of the picture due to his whistle blowing plans . So the office Romance is being used as a spin to get him fired

Well i think overall the episodes did not suggest that it was wrong for them to date, i mean nothing was done wrong they did not behave inappropriately, CW did not give YY favours as a result of the relationship. It was very clear that they were both innocent.

but the moving out of the house was a good move because even though they know they haven’t done anything wrong, but it looks like they have, so living separately for a while is a smart move. As much as they can be stubborn and not do so, there are other people involved as well, by just continuing on, it just makes a greater target of them and their department. There is a big picture moment and that moment is that the vid department could be terminated.

As for the changing of departments, i agree that it may have been a bit sad that they arent working together but it is rather company in order to avoid conflict of interest that either spouse or couples be separated by department. It also does not help when one is superior to the other especially in a direct way.

But i am looking forward to see how this BN-YY goes do.TBH, there has not been any big confrontation which i guess since YY does treasure the friendship, and soon cutter will go down!

• Like 8