[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

The fighting scenes in EN will be my benchmark for future wuxia genres. For the life of me i cannot recall any other  wuxia tv drama where the quality of the fight scenes come close. I'm savouring this series slowly, because I don't want to miss anything. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dzareth said:

The fighting scenes in EN will be my benchmark for future wuxia genres. For the life of me i cannot recall any other  wuxia tv drama where the quality of the fight scenes come close. I'm savouring this series slowly, because I don't want to miss anything. 

Tribes and Empires had good fighting scenes as well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Wow thx a lot @satanghaesolim for the translated spoiler!.

Yeah this song with male version so fit with some of the scenes, especially for ep 14 when NQ was dying, it gives me the chill and cold, maybe the same way with NQ felt that time, cold weak and a lot of pain. I think they are doing great with mix n match scene n ost.

This is the female version but I like the male version especially in episode 20 when NQ couldn't find his way around the tree :D

• Like 2

Pka Okay Everyone, I took too long to watch episode 23-24. @rhaps @angelangie @lynne22 @dzareth @epinklyn @Wotad   What do you think of my POV. CMIIW. 

Spoiler

My thoughts on both Epissides. NQ was attacked due to LQ losing his his position as the next disciple for YuZi. I advise all visières to read the novel to get a better understanding of what is going on. I have said previously that NingSang are connected spiritually. I think Unbrella is Sang Sang’s protector. The umbrella  was with Sang sang when she was a baby. It protects Ning Que because he loves and protects Sang Sang. Because of Sang Sang’s illness, NQ was the one who would comfort her, give her body heat and give her lots of love when she needs it. They would offend sleep together. Remember when the Phoenix tries to kill sang Sang, she was restless and woke up as soon as he was at deaths door. 

I think Sang Sang has a very good sense of smell, she has displayed that in the drama. What alerted her was the smell of a perfume she wanted including the ink that NQ always uses. If a person uses something a lot and the smell of what they use do stay o  the clothes, it is possible for her to find the location of where he was capture . The Xiling priest , isn’t powerful so he brought his master’s bell that knocked out FuZi’s disciple. Yes the incense is what was keeping NQ knocked out to die. The bell was to disoriente the Son of Hades. I think NQ and Sang has the same kind of energy signature because of all their years together. NQ also have a song he sing when he is in danger and Sang Sang’s name is in it. 

Now , Yes FuZi was looking for a disciple 15 years ago who can truly see (I CAN’T RMEMBER THE REAL WORDS) ( SKMEONE PLEASE HELL ME WITB THE WORDS) , they never said NQ was the one but NQ is the person he is looking for. Remember the scene when NQ was asked if felt a pond, a river or something else. NQ said he felt the ocean. NQ felt the ocean because of Sang Sang. He also would dream of an ocean, in that dream He saw the EVER NIGHT CHINGU’s . Soi really recommend you read the books so you can have a better understanding.  

I you want to read that dream let me know and  will past it in this thread. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Pka Okay Everyone, I took too long to watch episode 23-24. @rhaps @angelangie @lynne22 @dzareth @epinklyn @Wotad   What do you think of my POV. CMIIW. 

Hide contents

My thoughts on both Epissides. NQ was attacked due to LQ losing his his position as the next disciple for YuZi. I advise all visières to read the novel to get a better understanding of what is going on. I have said previously that NingSang are connected spiritually. I think Unbrella is Sang Sang’s protector. The umbrella  was with Sang sang when she was a baby. It protects Ning Que because he loves and protects Sang Sang. Because of Sang Sang’s illness, NQ was the one who would comfort her, give her body heat and give her lots of love when she needs it. They would offend sleep together. Remember when the Phoenix tries to kill sang Sang, she was restless and woke up as soon as he was at deaths door. 

I think Sang Sang has a very good sense of smell, she has displayed that in the drama. What alerted her was the smell of a perfume she wanted including the ink that NQ always uses. If a person uses something a lot and the smell of what they use do stay o  the clothes, it is possible for her to find the location of where he was capture . The Xiling priest , isn’t powerful so he brought his master’s bell that knocked out FuZi’s disciple. Yes the incense is what was keeping NQ knocked out to die. The bell was to disoriente the Son of Hades. I think NQ and Sang has the same kind of energy signature because of all their years together. NQ also have a song he sing when he is in danger and Sang Sang’s name is in it. 

Now , Yes FuZi was looking for a disciple 15 years ago who can truly see (I CAN’T RMEMBER THE REAL WORDS) ( SKMEONE PLEASE HELL ME WITB THE WORDS) , they never said NQ was the one but NQ is the person he is looking for. Remember the scene when NQ was asked if felt a pond, a river or something else. NQ said he felt the ocean. NQ felt the ocean because of Sang Sang. He also would dream of an ocean, in that dream He saw the EVER NIGHT CHINGU’s . Soi really recommend you read the books so you can have a better understanding.  

Spoiler

Im not sure if i would like it if Ning Que is simply powerful due to sang sang. I dont think Fuzi was interested in him due to that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wotad said:
  Hide contents

Im not sure if i would like it if Ning Que is simply powerful due to sang sang. I dont think Fuzi was interested in him due to that. 

@Wotad 

Spoiler

Sang Sang is not what makes him powerful. He has own talent Like  his beautiful Calligraphy, vision of what’s to come and fighting skills. Ning Que learns from every fight , he taught himself to fight, and he also observes or Investige how his enemies fight. Knowledge is NQ’s talent and confidence in protecting himself and his loved ones. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Honestly, it becomes hard for me to watch other wuxia trailers now, after watching EN *sigh* . CFY has also done a good job, coz most fighting scenes are his and he looked amazing in there

The credits do not belong to him alone thought, so he better treat the stunt team well because they made him look really good hehe... But actually I'm more surprised of the fact that the director for this drama is a lady, and she achieved someting akin to what Zhang Yimou did with Hero. Pei fu, pei fu...

With regards to the novel, I've reached the climax between NQ-XH and I'm surprised/ shocked by the story behind. This ain't your typical I-wanna-kill-you-because-you-killed-my-family plotline. It is very, VERY different. And I totally admire the author for his unique story. I ended up feeling equally afraid OF NQ as much as I feel afraid FOR him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Sorry, I should've written more clearly

No worries. I wasn't complaining when I wrote that. I was indirectly praising the production team but too lazy to write that clearly.

2018 has been a great year for C-drama viewers in general. Although I do wish for shorter episode lengths, I really think there has been a lot of gems this year. NiF2, Ruyi, Guardian (this production pretty much sucks actually, but they they scored the sky with their leads), T&E (this sucks too, but the cinematography!)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

Yeah @UnniSarah i agree with you that NQ n SS are connected spiritually, SS is natal item (i'm using novel word) for NQ, and maybe NQ is natal item for SS, since they have been together for almost age of their life (especially SS). That's why they share the same aura and energy, either it is hades aura or something else, and make everybody include rival and enemy think NQ as the son of hades or SS as the daughter of the light maybe.

I'm still reading from the beginning and sometimes jump into a quick search.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah @UnniSarah i agree with you that NQ n SS are connected spiritually, SS is natal item (i'm using novel word) for NQ, and maybe NQ is natal item for SS, since they have been together for almost age of their life (especially SS). That's why they share the same aura and energy, either it is hades aura or something else, and make everybody include rival and enemy think NQ as the son of hades or SS as the daughter of the light maybe.

I'm still reading from the beginning and sometimes jump into a quick search.

@epinklyn.... Even though I love spoilers, I chose to read it from the beginning until the end. :heart: I know how tempting spoilers can be. smh smh Smh smh 

• Like 1

I am excited to start the novels. Been meaning to a few weeks back but had to finish other books for work and real life stuff to deal with etc.  I will try to start this week and report back. 

Can i just also say say how much I love the opening music. It has slowly creeped up on me and now I absolutely adore the piece. Will look forward to the original scores.

• LOL 3