[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, joowonie said:

Also, imo there is no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a women. There’s either attraction or no attraction, that’s what I’ve learned a long time ago

Lol I agree! Man and woman only get friend zoned when there is no possibility of any romance happening...or when they don't feel the spark.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, dvdwyn said:

i think the fact he still wants to save his marriage, he is able to forgive her.. but why and how? thats not a normal reaction, people get extremely sad and angry when got cheated on....

how they get married in the first place though? is it because they thought they might complete each other.. there is no sufficient flashback.. 

in the previous drama, when the hubby played by this same actor, lol, got cheated in "my wife is having an affair", he shows more emotion, so much anger... (normal reaction from a guy when they found out the wife is cheating, unlike in this drama, its like he understand himself why the wife cheating on her)

yes there is no justifications for having an affair as  i also mentioned in my previous post, its better to separate first than having an affair.. 

however i have experienced so much in life that i do not hate or judge someone so easily, especially since i do not live in their life... 

some people: oh, look at that cheating bit*h! what an adulterer, lets throw stones at her...  i hate her so much! 

me: hmm, what cause her to cheat, what happens in her life... how can i help her to be in the correct path.. i am going to pray for her life..

humans are not that perfect, humans make mistake.. , some learn, some dont ...:) 

thats why the divorce rate is very high lately.. life is not simple as well.. there are many who get married thinking they will never cheat on their husband... after some years of dead marriage everything changes.. also if there is a traumatic experience in marriage, like death of children etc, which i first thought happen in this drama..

another example i encounter in life, a couple got married.... the husband got inherintance from the father business before they get married and then lose the business after marriage, work freelance / almost no career, spend so much time with his friends.. ,(go home at 2-3am everyday) the wife work whole day long, take care of the children, when she ask the husband to help take care of the children, or just simply drive the children to school, the husband refuses and told her its the wife job to take care of the children... , no more communication, years and years go by... , the wife is now tempted in having an affair.. mental abuse is sometimes more deadly than phsysical abuse... yes, there are many husband who simply abandon their wife and expect the wife to be loyal till death?.. 

however, talking about justifications, i guess there is no justifications as well for the young girl to fall in love the angel hubby.. ? even its a selfless love? since he is a married man? i am curious how she turns out, if she is a selfless girl, she should help them get back together... no matter what... , i can see that she is falling in love with him as well now..

I see that you are very experienced in life and saw and heared more stories about  other people's lives than me. I salute your high level of tolerance and acceptance for different kind of humans. However I don't share this attitude. I have the feeling that nowadays, we are programmend to see the other side of the stories and try to give people always some sympathy for whatever they are doing. As if all humans are naturally kind hearted and good but they just lose their ways from time to time and commit some sins. I used to be like that too. That's why morals nowadays are very underrated . Because we started to accept every behavior, even if it is very clearly wrong. 

I came to realize that actually there a huge ammount of people who are bad by choice. And they have no remorse about causing any harm to any one, as long as they are having their fun. As for " the husbands abondonning their wives and expecting their wives to be loyal to death" , well I guess it is very clear that these women are in a non-fonctionnal marriages, they are with the wrong life partners and have every right to walk away . It does not give them the right to cheat . I am not calling any one to be stoned or punished for cheating. I would stand for strengthening the sense of right and wrong, to live by high respect for morals and call people , me included, for more selfcontrol. Respect, Loyalty and strong-will  will pay off .

As for Ji An , it is not clear if she is in love for angel hubby , but I will suppose what you said is right and that she is in love , well she indeed is trying to get them back togther, she made the wife hear what CEO talked about her, and told her to get back to her sense already . So JiAn was one of the reason they broke up. Making her break up with CEO is a way to help DH and his wife get back together. She is not trying to tear them apart.  At least until now.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Hello! :) 

I will say this again for the last time: I enjoy very much dramas without loveline and with friendship between man and woman (for exemple: Forest of Secrets - one of the best kdrama ever, imo!); I don't think that romance is mandatory in drama, I even find that in some dramas, where the main theme wasn't love, writers spoil their own work when forcibly they put romance in it.  

However, when I feel romance in a story, I want to see a love story. Sometimes it suffice to me to have a subtil loveline, where love is more unconscious than conscious, and nothing is explicit (as in MY). As I said, it is my feeling, and feelings are mostly subjectives. And this is just an opinion that has no intention (or pretentiousness) to change others. 

That said, how can I take what PDnim says seriously, when he said: It is a comedy, when we are seeing/feeling a melodrama and we are now afraid of a tragedy at the end? When he said "comedy" and whe see/feel "melodrama", I think I can feel myself authorized to keep feeling (even seeing) romance in My Ajusshi when he says "no romance". :wink: 

Agreed. I would be satisfied with an unconscious, non explicit love/likeline also. And that is what i was pretty much expecting. So i was quite surprised with the " do you like him?" "yes" and the "DH doesn't eat with a women he doesn't like" bit. If that is subtle, i don't know the meaning of the word. DH may fully well remain unconscious, but with JA, they pretty much put the possibility of her dating him in her head, and they put the possibility of them dating in the viewers head.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, nearsea said:

Somehow I get the feeling that when women cheat, it's being forgiven way more easily than men do. Also, when women cheat it's written with a  more favorable attitude towards them. Like in this one, we see that there have been talks about how yoon hee was forced to/ had no other choice but to have an extramarital affair since dong hoon wasn't there for her[ although we don't know yet what's her reason]. But interestingly, in another current show 'pretty noona who buys me food' we see Jina's ex boyfriend cheats on her for no reason whatsoever. He just cheats on her just cause he wants to. There isn't any underlying reason like how it's portrayed on my ahjussi..

I don't think women are forgiven more easily than men. In this drama DH's brothers see him drinking with JiAn and laugh and tease him about having found a young pretty girlfriend.  Would they have that attitude if they saw YH with her boyfriend? 

I think if a husband ignore and neglects his wife or a wife is yelling and cursing at her husband and pushes him away, that it is more understandable that the spouse will be vulnerable to someone who offers them affection and who shows they are valued and admired.   As you say in this other show the boyfriend is shown cheating for no reason - (I haven't seen that show) but in any drama if the husband or wife are just playing around while their spouse is loving and caring for them, we are going to be angry. In this show YH is not particularly likeable, but we are that DH coming home and when she speaks to him he just ignores her and  doesn't answer her.  Why would this writer show us this? It is to show there is no love in the marriage and that YH is not being shown affection by her husband. Many writers here are assuming that is her fault that he ignores her. But we don't know what happened between them.  

@TeBewrote:  

• "As for Ji An , it is not clear if she is in love for angel hubby , but I will suppose what you said is right and that she is in love , well she indeed is trying to get them back togther, she made the wife hear what CEO talked about her, and told her to get back to her sense already . So JiAn was one of the reason they broke up. Making her break up with CEO is a way to help DH and his wife get back together. She is not trying to tear them apart.  At least until now."

I don't think Ji An played back that conversation to YH to help her get back together with DH. I think she did that because she heard DJy refuse to break up the relationship and insult and demean DH.  It was to protect DH and the hurt he was feeling because he could not protect YH from what he saw a situation in which she was being used and would eventually be disappointed and hurt.  In that respect she was giving DH a chance to get back together with YH, but if she didn't do that DH would himself be more vulnerable to DJy's abusive behavior toward him.   I think that JiAn loves DH but on a certain level she doesn't realize how emotionally attached she is becoming. I think they are both drawn to each other but both of them of just falling into each other's arms w/o realizing what the consequences are, where this is leading to.  She doesn't have any plans regarding the relationship. It is very much in the present not the future.   That's why I think he as the adult should know better than her, how it works, and should be setting boundaries.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ninaanin said:

I will say this again for the last time: I enjoy very much dramas without loveline and with friendship between man and woman (for exemple: Forest of Secrets - one of the best kdrama ever, imo!); I don't think that romance is mandatory in drama, I even find that in some dramas, where the main theme wasn't love, writers spoil their own work when forcibly 

However, when I feel romance in a story, I want to see a love story. Sometimes it suffice to me to have a subtil loveline, where love is more unconscious than conscious, and nothing is explicit (as in MY). As I said, it is my feeling, and feelings are mostly subjectives. And this is just an opinion that has no intention (or pretentiousness) to change others. 

That said, how can I take what PDnim says seriously, when he said: It is a comedy, when we are seeing/feeling a melodrama and we are now afraid of a tragedy at the end? When he said "comedy" and whe see/feel "melodrama", I think I can feel myself authorized to keep feeling (even seeing) romance in My Ajusshi when he says "no romance". :wink: 

I agree with this sentiment 100%.  Clearly the director is having fun stringing all of us along on this romance or no-romance guessing game.  I think both sides can fully enjoy the well-crafted story till the end because even if there is no romance, there is certainly heart-felt love, and in the end hopefully both sides will be left satisfied.  But until then, I am fully enjoying the ride, especially because I am sensing that this director and writer combo like to tease us with the notion of romance.  

• Like 12

This is what a brilliant drama does to people - I feel like I’m reading essays when I read some posts in this thread :D Keep it up, guys!

I noticed that Lee Sun Kyun and IU got a lot of love from viewers but now I’d like to dedicate this post to Kim Young Min aka CEO Do Joon Young. 

Not only that this guy drank from the Fountain of Youth but he’s seriously amazing in his role. For those who hasn’t managed to catch it - Kim Young Min is freaking 47 years old! I thought he was much younger than Lee Sun Kyun but he’s actually 4 years older. Just look at him. I won’t lie that he’s not easy to look at :wub:

2_FA06_ED2-7179-4_F06-872_E-_D4_AAD53629

3_D6_FD444-_BA6_C-4104-_A5_EF-6_D845_CD6

I don’t know how about you guys but I really enjoy him playing JY. It’s a combination of good writing and great acting that he feels so real. I have the problem with most of K-drama villains or anti heroes that they feel so cartoonish and comical. But JY feels completely like a real person with a lot of flaws but I wouldn’t call him evil. He’s just greedy. It’s much harder to play a bad guy, so kudos to him for bringing to life a

character we love to hate  B)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, TeBe said:

As for Ji An , it is not clear if she is in love for angel hubby , but I will suppose what you said is right and that she is in love , well she indeed is trying to get them back togther, she made the wife hear what CEO talked about her, and told her to get back to her sense already . So JiAn was one of the reason they broke up. Making her break up with CEO is a way to help DH and his wife get back together. She is not trying to tear them apart.  At least until now.

I don't think Ji An played back that conversation to YH to help her get back together with DH. I think she did that because she heard DJy refuse to break up the relationship and insult and demean DH.  It was to protect DH and the hurt he was feeling because he could not protect YH from what he saw as a situation in which she was being used and would eventually be disappointed and hurt.  In that respect she was giving DH a chance to get back together with YH, but if she didn't do that DH would himself be more vulnerable to DJy's abusive behavior toward him. 

I think that JiAn loves DH but on a certain level she doesn't realize how emotionally attached she is becoming. I think they are both drawn to each other but both of them are just falling into each other's arms w/o realizing what the consequences are, where this is leading to.  She doesn't have any plans regarding the relationship. It is very much in the present not the future.   That's why I think he as the adult he should know better than her, how it works, and should be setting boundaries.  DH is responsible for how their relationship develops.  If he can see so far regarding YH and DJy then he  should be able to do some far thinking regarding him and JiAn.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I don't think Ji An played back that conversation to YH to help her get back together with DH. I think she did that because she heard DJy refuse to break up the relationship and insult and demean DH.  It was to protect DH and the hurt he was feeling because he could not protect YH from what he saw as a situation in which she was being used and would eventually be disappointed and hurt.  In that respect she was giving DH a chance to get back together with YH, but if she didn't do that DH would himself be more vulnerable to DJy's abusive behavior toward him. 

Very very well said.  

29 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I think that JiAn loves DH but on a certain level she doesn't realize how emotionally attached she is becoming. I think they are both drawn to each other but both of them are just falling into each other's arms w/o realizing what the consequences are, where this is leading to.  She doesn't have any plans regarding the relationship. It is very much in the present not the future.   That's why I think he as the adult he should know better than her, how it works, and should be setting boundaries.  DH is responsible for how their relationship develops.  If he can see so far regarding YH and DJy then he  should be able to do some far thinking regarding him and JiAn.

Ughh... this drama is all kinds of delicious angst.  Again, I agree with your take here.  I hope whatever decision DH chooses, it will be consistent with his character thus far written.  And you are right that they are "falling into each other's arms" emotionally, and it is such a rare thing to see especially when Kdramas love to show us couples "falling into each other's arms" literally before they form connection anywhere near the kind we are seeing here.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I agree with this sentiment 100%.  Clearly the director is having fun stringing all of us along on this romance or no-romance guessing game.  I think both sides can fully enjoy the well-crafted story till the end because even if there is no romance, there is certainly heart-felt love, and in the end hopefully both sides will be left satisfied.  But until then, I am fully enjoying the ride, especially because I am sensing that this director and writer combo like to tease us with the notion of romance.  

Yes I agree completely. My suspicion though, based on the interview is that since the producer sees DH as himself and wants to refresh and dignify the more common view of an "ajeossi"   -  that this will end up with romance between the two. Ji An is young and pretty, and smart and tough, but also has such a heavy burden of responsibility, such a dark past and anguish, debts, and she is physically abused.  She becomes a perfect vehicle to justify the good, virtuous, older man who's wife cheats on him, to swoop down and raise her up. He can give her value, meaning, and the affection and protection she has never experienced.  This allows all those ajeossiis in the world to dream and fantasize about having a lover 20 years younger can be virtuous and work.

The producer also said something interesting. He said that in most drama the viewers identify with the heroine.  But in the drama we are supposed to identify with the DH.     

This is why I think the green light is on for a romance.   I also think it is so well written I will not make judgmental statements about that.  This drama is being crafted to avoid stereotypical knee jerk social responses.  They are being careful and the producer even complained that in some parts he feels they are being too conservative by toning down anything that could be interpreted as as being too overtly sensual.  So, what he is saying is that it is concealed,  but it is still there 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Yes I agree completely. My suspicion though, based on the interview is that since the producer sees DH as himself and wants to refresh and dignify the more common view of an "ajeossi"   -  that this will end up with romance between the two. Ji An is young and pretty, and smart and tough, but also has such a heavy burden of responsibility, such a dark past and anguish, debts, and she is physically abused.  She becomes a perfect vehicle to justify the good, virtuous, older man who's wife cheats on him, to swoop down and raise her up. He can give her value, meaning, and the affection and protection she has never experienced.  This allows all those ajeossiis in the world to dream and fantasize about having a lover 20 years younger can be virtuous and work.

The producer also said something interesting. He said that in most drama the viewers identify with the heroine.  But in the drama we are supposed to identify with the DH.     

This is why I think the green light is on for a romance.   I also think it is so well written I will not make judgmental statements about that.  This drama is being crafted to avoid stereotypical knee jerk social responses.  They are being careful and the producer even complained that in some parts he feels they are being too conservative by toning down anything that could be interpreted as as being too overtly sensual.  So, what he is saying is that it is concealed,  but it is still there 

I think you may have though.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 4/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, dvdwyn said:

good post... agreed.. and also hoping for more serious drama like this.. 

it is not easy to have a happy long lasting marriage in this life.. people need to work hard for it to keep it alive.. all the time.. 

people also need to think of their spouse as part of their body/extensions, really2 take care of them as if they were part of themselves.. 

if the spouse or children is sad, people cant just abandon them... lets say their hand is broken, they cant just expect it to heal itself, it will get rotten/worse and cut off from their body... 

True,  its hard to abandon family, not matter how displeased you are with them.

22 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Love your thoughts here.  I just want to say I love it when I see elders, grandma holding hands with grandpa, on the street.  Exactly like you said, these people walk together at the same speed till they grow old.  

I love them too ! These are the really lucky ones !!!

15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

My question though is, if the marriage was stale, why did YH not think of divorce and stayed for 15 years? Why not leave?

I agree with most what you said. Without anymore backstory, all will be speculation. As you pointed out, Korea is still a conservative country. No matter how modern YH is , she still has to function in that society. As a lawyer, her reputation as a professional is at stake. Seeing how YH is clearly ambitious, for her to take the decision of divorce, she has to be sure that she is moving on to a better deal i.e. marrying JY who is at a better social and professional standing than her husband. This would ensure that her professional life is not only unharmed but has the potential to expand.

DH thumped down his ambition and sacrificed himself for his “big family” to the point of neglect of his FAMILY, his wife.

I have a different take on this. I don't think DH is ambitious at all which is absolutely fine! Not everyone wants to be at the top. In fact he wants to be away from all the office drama. Which is why he can turn down the chairman's invitation for dinner, decline the possibility of running for director, or pursue any further studies to be promoted [most companies will pay for higher education for an exceptional employee]. He isn't interested in it and is satisfied at the position he is at currently. But he has no one to discuss these issues with. Both his brothers were unemployed for a long time. Telling them how he is being considered to be promoted but he doesn't want to would be just rubbing salt to their wounds. He can't tell his mother or YH as mum would be grateful for the added security and YH for the prestige. So he chooses to talk about it with no one, probably only his monk friend and unknown to him - JiAn.

DH does not want YH to know that he knows she had an affair so IH will not feel shamed and guilty.

I don't think DH is doing this to protect YH's honor but to cover his own guilt. One thing we have been forgetting is that she and JY have been having an affair for almost a year. DH only found out about it because he was investigating about the 50 million bribe. How can a caring husband not notice the signs at all ? I think he chose to ignore YH's suggestions/demands towards being more ambitious. She even said at the family gathering that she isn't complaining to him anymore as it was pointless. It indicates that at some point she did try to talk to him about it. DH who didn't want to change but also wanted to avoid confrontation acted as if the conversation didn't happen. It got to a point that YH stopped trying all together. Obviously YH isn't correct by cheating, but DH isn't completely innocent either.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Interesting POV ! But I feel that JiAn did it to humiliate YH. She had even suggested to DH that she would beat up the person who was messing with her where as DH replied that he would simply ignore it. From the interchange between DH and JY, it was clear that YH was going to go scot-free and JiAn was angry on behalf of DH and wanted to take her a peg down. Atleast that's how it seemed to me.

3 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I don't want to discourage you, but I have been burnt twice by this PD - First during Miseang and later during Signal. He has the talent to always have the premise of having a love line, but NOTHING ever materializes. So until the very end, I am just not going to get my hopes up. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, nearsea said:

Somehow I get the feeling that when women cheat, it's being forgiven way more easily than men do.

Interesting observation! I think the main reason is the reason for cheating perhaps? I would not want to generalize but seems to me that most men who cheat do it because of physical attraction verses women who cheat do so mostly due to emotional negligence. Even the taste of entertainment of men and women differ. Majority of men prefer sports which is again a physical activity versus women who love to watch dramas. I am well aware that there are many women who prefer sports and men who watch dramas as well, but the majority still stands. Another generalization is that men love to "chase" whereas women want to be "wooed" [ NOT in s stalker-ish way though cause that is creepy].

Eitherways, I don't think women are forgiven more as compared to men in dramaland or real life. Even if the act of cheating is the same, the main driving force is different. Take the example of YH-JH. Both seem to have had atleast some feelings for each other since college. YH ended up choosing DH for whatever reason over JY. Apart from the fact that both YH and JY are ambitious, YH was looking for a long term relationship with JY but was hesitating to break off her marriage. Whereas JY also wanted to be with YH but never really pressured her into getting a divorce as he was satisfied with their arrangement. As DH pointed it out, JY wouldn't marry YH and ruin his career prospects when there could be a possibility that he could potentially have a business marriage with an influential family. Both cheated, but the motivation was clearly different.

• Like 4

심수봉 - 백만송이 장미

A Million Roses (Lyrics Translation)

먼 옛날 어느 별에서
내가 세상에 나올 때
사랑을 주고 오라는
작은 음성 하나 들었지

사랑을 할 때만 피는 꽃
백만 송이 피어오라는
진실한 사랑을 할 때만
피어나는 사랑의 장미

Chorus:

미워하는 미워하는 미워하는 마음없이
아낌없이 아낌없이 사랑을 주기만 할 때
수백만송이 백만송이 백만송이 꽃은 피고
그립고 아름다운 내 별 나라로
갈 수 있다네

(Repeat Chorus)

진실한 사랑은 뭔가
괴로운 눈물 흘렸네
냉정한 사람 많았던
너무나 슬픈 세상이었기에
수 많은 세월 흐른 뒤
자기의 생명까지 모두 다 준
빛처럼 홀연히 나타난
그런 사랑 나를 안았네

(Chorus)

이젠 모두가 떠날지라도
그러나 사랑은 계속될거야
저 별에서 나를 찾아온
그토록 기다리던 이인데
그대와 나 함께라면
더욱 더 많은 꽃을 피우고
하나가 되어 우리는
영원한 저 별로 돌아가리라

(Chorus x3)

ENGLISH

A long time ago, from some star

where I was born

To give love, and then return

I heard a small voice telling me

The flower that only blooms when someone loves

To make a million of them bloom

It only happens when you love a true love

The rose of love blooms

Chorus:

Without hate in my heart

When I give love without holding back

A million flowers will bloom

And to my home in the star, which is beautiful and which I long for

I can return

(Repeat Chorus)

What is true love?

I shed tears of suffering

There were so many cold people

It was such a sad world

After many years have passed

Someone who gave his/her whole life

Appeared suddenly like a light

And that love embraced me

(Chorus)

Even if everyone leaves now

The love will continue

That person from the star who came to find me

I was waiting for him/her for so long

As long as we are together

Even more flowers will bloom

And we will become one

And we will return to the star, which is forever

(Chorus x3)

--

So, interesting tidbit. This was originally a Latvian song, which was remade in Japan, Korea, and a number of other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Roses

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

@chickfactor, thanks, why listning this song made me cried river....Jian...Dong hon...jong hee..the actress.there're has own their sad and wound haunt their sleepless night:cry:

More..and more sad about Jian now..goshh whatever all of friend here write down. seem nothing good to summary for what reason Jian exist in this story...so sad.

Another version 

:cry:rip jonghyun.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Sejabini said:

@mujay :relaxed: I am not really good in writing summary hua ha ha ha.. but the reason why Jian exist is ... perhaps.. to bring... spirit? support? light? a few of laughter? and happiness? for the old-miserable-dark-somber-life-of-a-handsome-ahjussi  :heart: to remind him that his heart is still beating and red.. wkwkwkw :mrgreen:

Oh well, if just our heartbeat same with writer and PD, we don't have so many vague inquiry make us desperate to guest the ending...-_-

Plain

Sweet

Bitter sweet

Misty

Or just leave us to imagine like Signal.

• Like 5

On 4/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, timidjock0819 said:

Agree with you. Thank you for pointing this out.  It is because of that sensual ambiguity that made Gwang-Il obsessed in episode 7 &8. The other loan shark was asking him to define it were they flirting, dating, or was Jian running a con? Gwang Il could not point it out but was enough to anger him over something he could not explain. In episode 8, there was a wind that blowing into the building which forced DH to go outside check the cracks and Jian went with him. They exhibit a level of synchrony where they match each other phase like ying yang that was captured by the camera through the eyes of Gwang Il. It's like when he goes, she follows.. when she disappears, he looks for her.. he breathe heavily, she runs to him.. There is always something about JA and DH togetherness that you cannot explain but at same time hard to ignore... 

YES! I relate so much to Gwangil at that time, he couldn't really explain what's going on between Jian and Donghoon, but there is something between them. Jian already said she likes Donghoon, and even DJY stated that Donghoon only eats and have drinks with someone he likes. What DJY said actually reminds me of something my cousin said about guys. He said guys wouldn't bother doing things like buying food for girls they don't like. :lol: This is of course not meant as a generalization for all guys out there, each person has different perspective on how to show their feelings, but it's just funny to think of it. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, mujay said:

@chickfactor, thanks, why listning this song made me cried river....Jian...Dong hon...jong hee..the actress.there're has own their sad and wound haunt their sleepless night:cry:

More..and more sad about Jian now..goshh whatever all of friend here write down. seem nothing good to summary for what reason Jian exist in this story...so sad.

If we are to interpret the song "Million Roses" as some sort of blueprint for the show, I think it applies to both of them.

When DH told Jung-Hee about Ji-An saying she was 30,000 years old, he then said that he knew the answer: "This is not her home, but she thinks it is, so she keeps getting reborn."

And then Jung-Hee answered with the song's chorus.

(Ki-Hoon said he didn't want to go live in the stars because it would be boring.)

And DH smiled to himself.

So I think when he's talking about Ji-An's feelings, he's talking about himself, too.

He's said that he doesn't think he should ever have been born (like that building along the river), and he told Ji-An that this life felt like hell and he was being punished.

Ji-An said she enjoys running because she disappears, and that feels like her true self.

So they both have this poetic way of saying that they don't feel like they belong here, in this world. That they both feel like aliens, and according to the song, as long as they love each other, they can return to their home in the stars together.

The moon and stars is a recurring motif. Ji-An's grandmother loves looking at the moon.

(What are we watching, Game of Thrones? Ha ha.)

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

If we are to interpret the song "Million Roses" as some sort of blueprint for the show, I think it's applies to both of them.

When DH told Jung-Hee about Ji-An saying she was 30,000 years old, he then said that he knew the answer: "This is not her home, but she thinks it is, so she keeps getting reborn."

And then Jung-Hee answered with the song's chorus.

(Ki-Hoon said he didn't want to go live in the stars because it would be boring.)

And DH smiled to himself.

So I think when he's talking about Ji-An's feelings, he's talking about himself, too.

He's said that he doesn't think he should ever have been born (like that building along the river), and he told Ji-An that this life felt like hell and he was being punished.

Ji-An said she enjoys running because she disappears, and that feels like her true self.

So they both have this poetic way of saying that they don't feel like they belong here, in this world. That they both feel like aliens, and according to the song, as long as they love each other, they can return to their home in the stars together.

The moon and stars is a recurring motif. Ji-An's grandmother loves looking at the moon.

(What are we watching, Game of Thrones? Ha ha.)

Another one, in Yoon Hee's own words, DH is lonely, and it's as if DH is missing something.  We have a strong feeling that something is Ji An.  I'm telling you, I'm getting a strong West Side Story vibe here.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@aisling  ohhhh the second pic of Kim Young Ming, looks a lot like Kim Myung Min (The Miracle that We Met).

Saw this on YT, ajusshi is awesome with his soju bombs. Dong Hoon has to do better. :lol:  Supposedly, the best soju bomb takes on a 3:7 ratio (soju:beer).  People said it has to be the lighter Hite or Cass to not overwhelm the soju taste. lol

• Like 4