[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

7 hours ago, noor1 said:

Betraying him is one thing. Telling a superior about an unpleasant (albeit impoverished) inconsequential 'temp' who SLAPPED an office employee is another. It's clear in the trailer that Director Yoon is looking for dirt on DH and that's why he has 'lunch / tea' or whatever talk with office workers - and the kid looks uncomfortable talking about it, while the girl (the one having an office affair) is b****y and straightforward about her dislike. They all know how Director Yoon humiliates DH at every opportunity but they all work for the company, not for DH. I won't be surprised if Director Yoon orders Ji-An to apologize to the kid in front of everyone and rebuke DH further. 

Basically, everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown at DH to prove his incompetency for the higher position and it is up to him to get out of it and come out of it unscathed. Of course Ji-An will help him (directly or indirectly) but DH will have to stand up to the sharks. Looking forward to how that happens.

@noor1The trailer does not really say what the employee said to Yoon about JA or DH. If he talked about the slap or not. The only reason I mentioned the slap because I don't know his name and that was said to identify him. Other than that I just said what I thought I saw and heard in the trailer and what I hope to be covered in the next episodes. LOL

• Like 1

something is interesting here. JA mentioned before her strength was running... that's exactly what stand out before DH. what others may let that pass, but DH saw that as patient. he told JA, he actually think that is 'patient"... JA owned up that she felt being herself, her true Self when she runs... tonight we found JA always in her most impulsive moments, when she just throw in all, to run after him without reservation... i loved that.

whether they may or may not have a happy ending...
whether is it moralty right to engaged in a relationship when his marriage is as good as dead.

whether who is more right or who is more wrong, or who deserve who and who does not deserve who...

whether will Script writer succumb to pressure to writer romances off the script, or PD will melo and down play romance...
whetehr one can see chemistry between them, as some cannot see chemistry at all..
whether one wish the marriage be savaged in the end...
whether... all the "whether"s are never ending with this..

but one thing i am sure, and am glad, that JA truly loved DH a great deal... never has i see chemistry written so subtly, yet demostrated , portrayed so raw, without the needs of dialogues, when a OTP can show the depth of how much they care for each other, weeks after weeks, one suppressed himself, the other without reservation expressed herself... one thru heavy breathing, the other drop everything and run after him... then always, its always she will halt herself, just mins before reaching him, satisfied to see him safe, witout even the desires to let him know, how many times she ran after him, worried for his safety, or worries for how hurt he felt... tonight hoping maybe, maybe he might be trying to reach her again...

just by watching how JA fall desperately, hopelessly, helplessly, unreservingly, in...
i think i dont care the end of that tunnel. i just want to enjoy the bitter sweet moments, as she enjoy falling for him... or running after him, watchng his blind sides.  loving her ways, cant help loving JA more and more.

i dont know how to write so profoundly as everyone does, weeks after weeks i awed at all posts here, deciphering every single details...
i only know one thing... i am sure they loved each other. and

that is enough for me to walk till the end, ... no knowing the ends.

TO JA , AND DH. JUST ENJOY THAT MOMENT.

add on... j ust continuing running, one day you will reach him. just one day will do... isnt this what every woman, or at least some woman want.. even if one moment. you run, and reach him, he stop and let you reach him..

oh, my JA finally cried tonight.

that tear only for one person.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

omg thats so sad seems like baby JA didnt have any family members to congratulate her on her graduation so the cleaning man took a photo with her SO SAD :( 

edit: all the loan sharks went to her graduation 

• Like 12
  • Sad 5

even thought DH heard JA killed the thug';s dad. yet DH rose up and fight thug again.. .

again. the show spoke the loudest in scenes, witout dialogues.... thru the ear phone, she heard his voices scolding Thug, and the shouts of pains when thug hit him... the gasping for air.. the fightings sounds
JA broke down finally after 9 ep of suppressing herself and stay solid.. she couldnt hold herself in, that someone as undeserving as herself, why i said taht, when Thug mentioned that she killed his dad, she stopped running on the spot and back tracked... as if that was finally something that she was ashamed of... something that she will not desire him to know... that even if he knew anythiing so vile of her.. that part of her, she dread him knowing..
yet he raise above his own judgemental self, and fought for her. (now i worried, what will he felt if he knew of her initial alliance with JY? this might be the very next thing she will live in fear that he found out).
i loved how, JA was touched of the depth DH goes for her, someone that maintain his distance for fear of rumours, someone as self conscious as himself. someone who measured himself by his righteous yardstick more strict than anyone besides... yet this one person, just like herself dumping everything to run after him... he dump his good judgements, did that impulsive act, and confront that thug, for her.
to me, again , this ep, has enough scenes, or moments to convince me, they are real about each other.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

this is from V and O from Drama Milk.
in case of those who do not know that site. allow me to quote the crucial moments in the show.

JA's running after DH's scene
"They talk about how DH is too shy, but they like his saddness. Jung-hee talks about Bridget Jones’s Diary and Darcy. She says that is a cool guy and DH looks like that guy in the movie. They laugh about that and JA is listening to all of this. KH says that he will pay for all of the drinks. DH says that he is leaving so they all tell him goodbye. JA hops up and starts running to catch him. She lives really close, she passes Jung-hee’s place and keeps running.

DH is breathing hard again. JA catches him and walks behind him. She pulls up her hoody. DH checks his phone and calls someone, his wife. She picks up and he asks her where she is. He called her. She wants to know why he called her. He says just because. He asks if she needs anything but he says it is fine, just come home. She hangs up.

DH keeps walking and we keep hearing him breathing. He walks all the way to his apartment building and JA followed him all the way there. She watches him go inside and she still hears him breathing."
(JA to me, at this moment, i dont think she count the measures, the outcome, whether she gets any returns, for someone like herself, who's once a truly 'calculative perosn who only work for money", yet knowing the DH she knew may never ever betrayed his wife, yet she doesnt once stop running after him, yet keeping that safe distance away, not to allow him to know she ran behind him... not to give him that burdens.)

"DH goes to GI’s office. He goes inside the building and looks around for it. While looking, he thinks about all JA’s bruises and when she passed out. Then he thinks about when she slapped his team member because he talked bad about him. And when she told him, fighting.

He fins the loan shark place and asks for Gyang-il. They ask who he is. He says he is Park Dong-hoon, who is Gyang-il. You? They walk outside to the stairway.

DH – how much does she owe?
GI – you want to pay it
DH – yes
GI – your life is smooth, just leave, you know that what kid of person she is
DH – how much does she owe? When I hear her story, it makes me want to cry, and you?
GI – yeah, I want to cry
DH – I have three brothers
GI – call them
DH – we fight all the time until we hit 20’s, but we stopped fighting because my punch is no joke (DH is starting to curse and use banmal)

GI punches DH. They fight, DH yells at him, why do you punch a little girl! GI hits him to the ground and tells him it is because she killed my father! She killed my father!

JA was running to catch them, but when she heard this, she stops cold. DH also stops. GI leaves.

DH – I will kill whoever hits my family. I would kill everyone!

He runs back inside and pushes Gi, they start fighting precariously over the ledge again. They exchange punches and kicks. JA listens to this and is slowly starting to walk, but she is also crying and can’t really more. She crumbles to the ground and starts crying as she listens to them fighting.

This is a big sob from her, the biggest in the show so far. It’s like she is letting it all out. Teh camera stays on her as she cries on the side of the road."

cr. Drama Milk, from "V" and "O".

JA to him is like unto a family .

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

even thought DH heard JA killed the thug';s dad. yet DH rose up and fight thug again.. .

again. the show spoke the loudest in scenes, witout dialogues.... thru the ear phone, she heard his voices scolding Thug, and the shouts of pains when thug hit him... the gasping for air.. the fightings sounds
JA broke down finally after 9 ep of suppressing herself and stay solid.. she couldnt hold herself in, that someone as undeserving as herself, why i said taht, when Thug mentioned that she killed his dad, she stopped running on the spot and back tracked... as if that was finally something that she was ashamed of... something that she will not desire him to know... that even if he knew anythiing so vile of her.. that part of her, she dread him knowing..
yet he raise above his own judgemental self, and fought for her. (now i worried, what will he felt if he knew of her initial alliance with JY? this might be the very next thing she will live in fear that he found out).
i loved how, JA was touched of the depth DH goes for her, someone that maintain his distance for fear of rumours, someone as self conscious as himself. someone who measured himself by his righteous yardstick more strict than anyone besides... yet this one person, just like herself dumping everything to run after him... he dump his good judgements, did that impulsive act, and confront that thug, for her.
to me, again , this ep, has enough scenes, or moments to convince me, they are real about each other.

I agree with you. This is what I'm waiting for in the story arc. The revelation of DH's emotions and shows the difference on how he fights for both YH and Jian. * pls excuse my language my fellow Soompiers & mod**  DH looking for a fight with GI. He wasn't like this with YH. He wasn't impulsive and angry even when JYD was effin' his wife. But with Jian, it's a completely different story.  all hell will break loose, fist flying, and getting all bruised up. Talking about passion and fire. Thank you KWS for making this clear enough.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

I agree with you. This is what I'm waiting for in the story arc. The revelation of DH's emotions and shows the difference on how he fights for both YH and Jian. * pls excuse my language my fellow Soompiers & mod**  DH looking for a fight with GI. He wasn't like this with YH. He wasn't impulsive and angry even when JYD was effin' his wife. But with Jian, it's a complete different story.  all hell with break loose, fist flying, and him getting all bruised up. Talking about passion and fire. Thank you KWS for making this clear enough.

i am always giving troubles to soompi or mods by my blunt comments. so i kept clear of comments this round, since again, writings are staying on ambiguity, and only those with 'blind faith' like this silly me, still hoping against hopes that they can be together. then, i told myself, stop hoping.... just follow the flow of the moments. as long as DH expressed his feeling as ardent as JA's , i am pretty  much contented. i dont count the cost. i just pay. this will be how i take thsi drama. else i will die of suffocating between DH's heavy breathing and JA's running.... suffocated of wants and not been fulfilled. 
i am a christian, by right i shouldnt want DH to divorce, yes... but by 'wrong', i did hope they found each other at the end of tunnel, give me a silver linning, let me enjoy the hopes, after all sweet moments of hopes are what we lives for while watching melo dramas isnt it? oh let me suffer punishment for all i care, i just want him to find solace in each other.. and let her be really a part of that family, earn her 2 brothers too.
btw, we are all correct. the Monk was JH's lover.

for once, i want him to gotten some bruises and make JA heart ached and tears in his sight over those bruises, those stained of blood at his collar... 

• Like 7

Does anybody know what DH shouted to JA  at the end of the preview?

Wow....Just from reading the recap, this ep 9 was pretty emotional for me. i am  happy that at least GI got back as much as he gave to other people in the blows department. The fact that JA wasn't family, and yet DH was willing to exchange blows with GI for JA's sake, is pretty amazing to me.

• Like 18

Dong Hoon might not be a knight in shining armour or your rich

third generation chaebol, but I swear he makes me swoon so much. 

From the preview for episode 10 it seems like DH really shocked everyone when he showed up bloody. I bet he never fought with anybody expect for his brothers. He’s been so subdued at least for 15 years that nobody would expect him to punch anybody. He didn’t even hit JY when he found out about their affair. I find it really contrasting that he’s usually too calm and always sorry when it comes to his wife but he seems to be pretty hotheaded when it comes to Ji An. I really really love it that he’s finally waking up from his longtime slumber.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, MsMinnieFran said:

Does anybody know what DH shouted to JA  at the end of the preview?

Wow....Just from reading the recap, this ep 9 was pretty emotional for me. i am  happy that at least GI got back as much as he gave to other people in the blows department. The fact that JA wasn't family, and yet DH was willing to exchange blows with GI for JA's sake, is pretty amazing to me.

Pretty amazing is the right word. Family equates to home of where a person truly belongs without pretensions. Loved the reference being used in this episode. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1