[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Didn't really catch what Donghoon shouted to Jian at the end of ep 10 preview. I think it's about pretending to know (or not knowing) something. I only understand what he said after that: "What happened in the past.. doesn't matter."

Will post more after I watch ep 9 with subs! For now I gotta sleep. Thanks a lot for sharing guys!

• Like 11

I just watched the last part of the raw for episode 9, and let me just say :bawling:..throw away all the other shows, i don't want them. The writing, directing, acting..i am so floored, i don't even know want to say. :bawling: forget romance, i want what they have.:anguished:. I am tearing up for JIAN even more so now, because to have someone like DH come into your life, who was willing to fight like he did for her, i felt it in my bones..it was like he was fighting on behalf of her too...to have had the type of life she had, then to experience something like this...omg.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

http://program.tving.com/tvn/mymister/10/Board/List

Ep. 10 Text Preview (translated):

Dong-Hoon appears after being beaten up, and the gang at Jung-Hee's completely flip out.

Yoon-Hee falls into a panicked state after seeing DH's wounds.

At the company, the scrambling over the Exec. Director position begins to get serious.

Ji-An, with DH's help, begins to prepare to move her grandmother (Bong-Ae) to her nursing home.

As DH goes with Ji-An and Bong-Ae on their way to the nursing home...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

This one left me ugly-crying. OMG.

Park Dong-Hoon, you're a superhero.

For the first time ever, Ji-An has someone who understands her, understands what she did, didn't judge her, and took her side.

Last week, I was left wanting romance and kisses. But now I'm back to thinking that this relationship is too profound and too vital, a romance really just isn't enough to convey the deep connection between them. One person willing to give compassion, and the other who was desperately thirsty for it, but never even knew that it was what she needed.

It is gorgeous. Be still my heart.

--

Yoon-Hee, finally feeling some shame. Yeah, you should feel bad.

Note: I don't reflexively judge someone for adultery. We don't know her motivations, and I'm willing to keep an open mind about it. But girl, you did your husband wrong when you told your husband to quit his job and sat by while that piece of trash tried to push him out of the company.

Just yet one more reminder this week that DH working for that big company makes him the pride and joy of his brothers, mother, and the whole neighborhood. If he quit his job, they would be crushed. DH may hate the politics of working at a big corporation, but he stuck with it all these years because of them.

If we learned anything last week from Mother's birthday party, it's that Yoon-Hee knows her in-laws well enough, and clearly knows about all this, and still tried to make DH throw everything away because of who she was banging. That isn't just cheating. It's betrayal and disrespect far beyond just straying from marriage vows.

Now she knows that HE knows. Everything. And he still bought her porridge. So yeah, you need to cry some tears of remorse.

--

Some more random thoughts.

Sang-Hoon. This actor is *killing it* in the background. His little expressions and movements are A RIOT. OMG, I love him. (He braided the mop! That was so funny!)

That funeral fantasy scene? OMG, so funny. Mozart's "Requiem" in the background. I was laughing so hard I got a belly ache.

Yu-Ra. So guileless and goofy. I love this girl.

Ki-Hoon. So awkward and sweet. Kiss her soon. No, kiss her now.

That chatty bizzatch in the office needs a dose of Bada$$ Ji-An Death Stare to shut that mouth of hers.

Looking forward to seeing the Ahjussi Gang in action tomorrow. (Soju gives you courage! Gun-bae!)

• Like 20
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, MsMinnieFran said:

Wow....Just from reading the recap, this ep 9 was pretty emotional for me. i am  happy that at least GI got back as much as he gave to other people in the blows department. The fact that JA wasn't family, and yet DH was willing to exchange blows with GI for JA's sake, is pretty amazing to me.

Yes, I interpreted that part to have a double meaning as well.

He said, "If anyone messed with my family, I would kill them, too."

I.e., he understands Ji-An for what she did. (possibly the first person ever who didn't judge and scorn Ji-An after learning about this)

And that she was his family, and he was willing to kill for her.

:bawling:

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, tsukiazura said:

Didn't really catch what Donghoon shouted to Jian at the end of ep 10 preview. I think it's about pretending to know (or not knowing) something. I only understand what he said after that: "What happened in the past.. doesn't matter."

Will post more after I watch ep 9 with subs! For now I gotta sleep. Thanks a lot for sharing guys!

I think he reminded her that even if he heard something bad about her he’d pretend he doesn’t know so she wouldn’t feel bad (he said this to her in one of their conversations).

1 hour ago, MsMinnieFran said:

I just watched the last part of the raw for episode 9, and let me just say :bawling:..throw away all the other shows, i don't want them. The writing, directing, acting..i am so floored, i don't even know want to say. :bawling: forget romance, i want what they have.:anguished:. I am tearing up for JIAN even more so now, because to have someone like DH come into your life, who was willing to fight like he did for her, i felt it in my bones..it was like he was fighting on behalf of her too...to have had the type of life she had, then to experience something like this...omg.

Their bond is beyond romance. It’s too precious and deep just to label it simply. Even without skinship or intentional swoony moments this couple makes my heart ache and my soul weep more than dramas that are described as sweeping romance or love story transcending times.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Yoon-Hee, finally feeling some shame. Yeah, you should feel bad.

Note: I don't reflexively judge someone for adultery. We don't know her motivations, and I'm willing to keep an open mind about it. But girl, you did your husband wrong when you told your husband to quit his job and sat by while that piece of trash tried to push him out of the company.

Just yet one more reminder this week that DH working for that big company makes him the pride and joy of his brothers, mother, and the whole neighborhood. If he quit his job, they would be crushed. DH may hate the politics of working at a big corporation, but he stuck with it all these years because of them.

If we learned anything last week from Mother's birthday party, it's that Yoon-Hee knows her in-laws well enough, and clearly knows about all this, and still tried to make DH throw everything away because of who she was banging. That isn't just cheating. It's betrayal and disrespect far beyond just straying from marriage vows.

Now she knows that HE knows. Everything. And he still bought her porridge. So yeah, you need to cry some tears of remorse.

--

Sorry to cut your post. But I just wanted to highlight this part. And I would like to thank you to put in words what I think. 

In real life, I think as DH's mother: a couple can against everything, if they remain faithfull to each other. To me, in real life, cheating is a point of no return. It hasn't nothing to do with understanding the reasons of the cheating action (we can do that), it has to do with trust and faith.  When this latter is broken, so is the marriage, imo.

But in reel life (e.g. dramas), I can let the writter convinces me that a marriage can be rebuild after a spouse has cheated on his/her partner, through redemption actions of the sinner/ or understandig reasons. However, with YH I can't accept her redemption; not because the cheating, but because her betrayal. As you wel said, it was more than cheating, it was betrayal in the more profound sense of the word: it was the betrayal of a marriage foundation. That can't be salvage even in reel life, imo.

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

I think he reminded her that even if he heard something bad about her he’d pretend he doesn’t know so she wouldn’t feel bad (he said this to her in one of their conversations).

Their bond is beyond romance. It’s too precious and deep just to label it simply. Even without skinship or intentional swoony moments this couple makes my heart aches and my soul weeps more than dramas that are described as sweeping romance or love story transcending times.

I am still waiting for the full subtitles to come out but I couldn't refrain from commenting on your post. It is a disservice calling this a romance or a love line because their story is just more than all of that.. The kind of connection and acceptance that we all wish we have in this world. Who needs grand confessions, words, and skinships? Especially with a man like PDH who is willing to even fight all out and sacrifice his body over someone who thinks she is not deserving of love because of her dark past. And Jian running towards the front of a moving vehicle trying to protect him from JYD. No matter what happens now, I will root for them until the end even if it will rip my heart out. Their unspoken love. To my Jian and Donghoon fighting!

* No thanks to you PD KIm:angry: I was ready to throw the towel in and give up on this story after episode 10. But now, it looks like I am going to build a permanent tent in the shipper delulu island because this is going to be a long April and May...  :bawling: I'm terribly smitten and falling hard with this unconventional k-drama couple. 

• Like 16
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ninaanin said:

Sorry to cut your post. But I just wanted to highlight this part. And I would like to thank you to put in words what I think. 

In real life, I think as DH's mother: a couple can against everything, if they remain faithfull to each other. To me, in real life, cheating is a point of no return. It hasn't nothing to do with understanding the reasons of the cheating action (we can do that), it has to do with trust and faith.  When this latter is broken, so is the marriage, imo.

But in reel life (e.g. dramas), I can let the writter convinces me that a marriage can be rebuild after a spouse has cheated on his/her partner, through redemption actions of the sinner/ or understandig reasons. However, with YH I can't accept her redemption; not because the cheating, but because her betrayal. As you wel said, it was more than cheating, it was betrayal in the more profound sense of the word: it was the betrayal of a marriage foundation. That can't be salvage even in reel life, imo.

Yes. Thank you you bought said wat I was thinking. She sure does not desrves DH as a husband. Just siimple she is a bad person. And now her downfall stars. 

• Like 7

To the Delulu Islanders: this is just to give you a heads up that there is this ship called Episode 9 on the way to the island and it is loaded with food, soju and lots of hankies for the bawlers. Believe me, you are going to need the soju and the hankies..... :bawling:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

So some questions for ep 9.

before I do though I have a general q that I’m not sure if it has already been asked before but I am curious to know the answer of. Why did the show runners decide for our leads to use the subway instead of bus for transportation and is there some symbolic meaning behind it?

at the beginning, JA stays in subway when it’s their stop and only DH comes out. Is she staying behind because she’s swaying in her agreement with JY or cause of the possibility that’s he does like her or what?

why was DH so shy around KHs actress girl (YR?)?

Did DH seem more upset about finding out JA stole the bribe money than he did finding out about his wife’s affair?

what do you think of JA purposely passing by bar (I say this cause she probably knew ahjussi was there based on wiretap) and ignores him as she walks by him? 

Did you guys agree or reed or disagree with JA telling YH that DH knows ‘everything’ aka about her affair?

(I do have to point out, in the total two times that YH and JA have met, JA has always left YH like in shock. First with recording of JY now this reveal. Any thoughts on what the significance of this pattern means?)

• Like 9

Violence in dramas...... so satisfying. So cathartic!:tongue:

When DH picked a fight with that bully, I was anticipating how far he would go. Can this soft man even throw a punch, or is he talking big about brothers bla bla bla???? They grabbed collars, fell, got up, swung punches, pushed and shoved, and here I am around 4am, screaming to my tablet screen, hit him! Beat that loansharking azz! I must have strained my neck in the gym on Tuesday, so I was in absolute pain as I pumped my fist! Get him! Owww!! No sleep last night.

Then that thug says, she killed my dad, and DH looks like the fight has left him... my heart sunk, like Ji An at the bridge,thinking, oh shyt! He's too shocked at the revelation. He's gonna walk away, tomorrow will be awkward at the office!  But DH gets up, and they continue to swing punches at one another, and I'm here feeling genuine satisfaction that someone is getting whooped!!

Like JA listening to the fight, I'm all ears!! I hope he beats him up!!screw him properly! What we call "kichapo cha mbwa", a dog's beating, a beating so thorough it resets your settings to the default you had at birth!!

That fight felt good!! Right inside my soul!!

I'm also loving how everything is being revealed. Wife knows that hubby knows. Her deflation at the revelation was glorious!! 

But I still hope they can patch things up. DH is busy celebrating an unconfirmed job with his brothers.... get yourself home bro,  tell your wife!! They've both contributed to getting here.

The drama has also created a convincing relationship that doesn't need romance,  I'll have to hand it to WRITERNIM, excellent!!

Whatever that monk did to Jung Hee before he went monking must be spectacular! He must have hit her with news of his decision when things were going so well between them, so she feels like she's been run over by the KDrama White Truck of Death (trademark). He did her wrong!!!

What's with these dramas starting with M this year? Is M the lucky letter? Money Flower, MISTY and now Mister Ahjussi .... what next!!

• Like 14
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1