[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Oh, and I want one of those microphone-shaped light thingies.

Those microphone-shaped light thingies are official IU lightsticks ;)
The light are centrally control at concert and the colour and blinking of the lightsticks depend on the songs IU is singing. Official IU lightsticks can only be bought at IU concerts in South Korea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2018 at 4:38 AM, sadiesmith said:

So IU even chose to sing "Dear Moon" before the MA cast in LJA's style instead of her usual princess getup? :D 

She is no longer in the dress cause her concert have official end before that song so she is no longer IU. She dress down so people who need to go back will not feel bad.

Anyway she upgrade princess getup to goddess getup. This is a whole new level!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Joseph Lim said:

I know that LSK loves comfy style, but why can't he dress nicer for this big event (I mostly hated seeing him with cap backward!). Somehow, the way he dressed up on special occasion makes me cringe. After all, he just received ELLE AWARD. 

Edited by Guest
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)

9 hours ago, missrin said:

I know that LSK loves comfy style, but why can't he dress nicer for this big event (I mostly hated seeing him with cap backward!). Somehow, the way he dressed up on special occasion makes me cringe. After all, he just received ELLE AWARD. 

Lol! To be fair, he was attending a pop concert that lasts 4+ hours, not a formal occasion. Dressing comfy is probably wise. Let's see if he presents himself better at the PMC movie press conference tonight. :D

• Like 5

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Lol! To be fair, he was attending a pop concert that lasts 4+ hours, not a formal occasion. Dressing comfy is probably wise. Let's see if he presents himself better at the PMC movie press conference tonight. :D

Don't worry he will show up like a prince charming for that. I thought he would dress nicely like Lee Joon Gi (IU co-star in Moon Lovers) in the concert. When we dress nicely sometimes it gives respect for the people who invite us and people judge you by the way you look on the outside (moreover they work in Entertainment Industry). Just saying tho.

15 hours ago, missrin said:
On 11/18/2018 at 10:49 PM, Joseph Lim said:

Well, we all know he received the award because it was rigged :D just kidding...

This article stated that 

Elle Styles is the magazine 'Elle' chooses the most influential and stylish figure in fashion, culture and art.

https://mnews.joins.com/article/23118322?cloc=rss|news|total_list#home

And from Toyota Korea 

The main character who won Toyota's "The Daring Challenger" award is actor Lee Sun-kyun who shows off his extraordinary presence by offering bold, sometimes elegant acting

So, I think he won the award more because of his achievements as an actor rather than his everyday sense of style...

And from my observation (aka stalking strangers IG account with #이선균), he wore "the get up" (oversized jacket, tshirt, cargo pants, backwards cap) when he was with friends, so I guess it's not really a problem. I think he's professional enough to know what to wear and when...

As for IU's concert, like @sadiesmith said, it lasted for more than 4 hours (about 5 and a half hours! Kudos to IU! :star:), so comfy is the way to go. And he's with friends, attending a friend's concert...

Sorry for the long answer...

I stan this Ahjussi :D

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, widala said:

Well, we all know he received the award because it was rigged :D just kidding...

This article stated that 

Elle Styles is the magazine 'Elle' chooses the most influential and stylish figure in fashion, culture and art.

https://mnews.joins.com/article/23118322?cloc=rss|news|total_list#home

And from Toyota Korea 

The main character who won Toyota's "The Daring Challenger" award is actor Lee Sun-kyun who shows off his extraordinary presence by offering bold, sometimes elegant acting

So, I think he won the award more because of his achievements as an actor rather than his everyday sense of style...

As for IU's concert, like @sadiesmith said, it lasted for more than 4 hours (about 5 and a half hours! Kudos to IU! :star:), so comfy is the way to go. 

And from my observation (aka stalking strangers IG account with #이선균), he wore "the get up" (oversized jacket, tshirt, cargo pants, backwards cap) when he was with friends, so I guess it's not really a problem. I think he's professional enough to know what to wear and when...

Sorry for the long answer...

I stan this Ahjussi :D

For me, he looks like a slob in that kind of clothes. Maybe he only well-dressed for his wife...LOL. No offense :) 

1 hour ago, missrin said:

For me, he looks like a slob in that kind of clothes. Maybe he only well-dressed for his wife...LOL. No offense :) 

Non taken! :)

It's not like these kind of opinions matters to him anyway...LOL 

Spoiler

capture_2018-11-21-09-46-46-1.png

• Like 4

I haven't visited this site in quite a while so I am eager to read what I have missed. But before I do I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I know not everyone here celebrates the US Thanksgiving day. Maybe very few of us here actually do so. But I think there is some version of this day wherever you live so you might understand what this day signifies.

Aside from all the usual things to be thankful for, this year I am truly thankful for 'My Ahjussi"!

To everyone who made this show possible I say Thank You!!

I am also truly thankful to have 'met' all of you here. Without 'My Ahjussi' I wouldn't have come to this site. I wouldn't have been able to experience and enjoy all the wonderful thoughts and observations that all of you have shared. You have made me laugh, shed a tear or two and made me think. I realized I was not alone in my love for the show.

You are all so great. I am so glad I found 'My Ahjussi' and stumbled upon this thread. Yes, I give Thanks to all of you.

Thank you everyone for the 300+ pages. Here's to 3000 more!?

p.s. I'm not thankful that Dramafever is gone. I was planning on re-watching MA entirely or just watching bits of episodes but now I can no longer watch. Did the DVD come out yet?

• Like 5

Even as I watch other dramas, I am still seeing My Mister in there somewhere.... I saw this scene in episode 14 of The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, and I had to screenshot it immediately!! 

46503683_10156446276800412_7102597330179

Guys, is this our dear Hoogye neigbourhood? Am I seeing my own things?? Because every place in that drama is forever imprinted in my mind!!

Otherwise? How are we all doing? I am now watching other dramas without suffering from comparison paralysis. There's some quality stuff to look forward to as a melo/romance addict, even as I relive memories of this show.

( However, I really don't need another drama to wreck me like Ahjussi did. For the next four years. I still cry when I listen to Rainbow several times a day. Every day.)

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1